PDA

View Full Version : Cielo B - BWP stallion

Harold
Feb. 24, 2009, 08:57 PM
Hey, does anyone know where the video is of him coming in 2nd in the 7/8 yr old jumpers in Gulfport went? I thought I saw it here and can't find it. He's a big chestnut horse with a man riding - made it look very easy.

FairWeather
Feb. 24, 2009, 09:26 PM
Oooh, i love him!
I have a baby by his 'brother' standing at the same farm, I cannot WAIT to see! weeee!!

nycjumper
Feb. 24, 2009, 10:26 PM
Love him too - he is definitely one to watch. I've had my eye on him for the last 2 years and hope to see him continue to move up. And I love seeing a standing stallion out & actively competing - get a chance to see him in action as well as in pretty pictures. Makes me want to get a mare just to have a Cielo baby.

loshad
Feb. 24, 2009, 10:31 PM
Agree that he is droolworthy enough to make me wish my gelding was a mare. It's really nice to see a stallion out doing the job he's supposed to be making foals to do (holy awkward sentence. Batman).

I think his owner posts on here, but I can't for the life of me remember her alter.

dilligaff2
Feb. 24, 2009, 10:35 PM
He is AWESOME! I just bought one of his 2007 babies and can't wait to get her under saddle! She may have been bred for jumpers but she is going to make one he!! of a Dressage horse!
This filly is the most level headed young horse I have ever worked with. She is going over poles, tarps and thru water without even a question.

I never thought I would love a red mare but I was wrong!

Here she is:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/Cajunblue/HannaConfo.jpg

sarapony
Feb. 24, 2009, 10:44 PM
Do you think the stimulus package includes a "sarapony gets a CieloB baby" provision?

No? Why not! I neeeeeeeeeeeed one.

LAZ
Feb. 24, 2009, 10:48 PM
I won a breeding to him for this year on the CANTER auction. :D

I have a chestnut mare with high whites so the resultant foal should be mighty blingy!

Portia
Feb. 24, 2009, 10:58 PM
His owner posts as Rising Star Farm. He's a lovely boy all right, and since the BWP is a performance horse registry -- and they like to emphasize the performance part -- it is always great to see the young stallions out there performing and doing what they were bred to do. :yes:

Dressage-ryder
Feb. 24, 2009, 11:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtDTBSGS5nc&feature=channel_page

Dressage-ryder
Feb. 24, 2009, 11:19 PM
I love Cielo B! He is a very athletic boy and has done very well moving up the levels. His owner Ronda is super to deal with and offers a great deal to breeders. I would suggest contacting her to get more video and pics.

www.risingstarfarm.net

Cielo in my opinion is waaaayyy underused at this point. I think his babies will be making quite an impression as they get older.

TBlitz
Feb. 24, 2009, 11:32 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who dreams they had a mare just so I could breed to Cielo B! :D Someday...

risingstarfarm
Feb. 24, 2009, 11:37 PM
Wow! - thanks for all of the kind words and the posting of Cielo B's most recent video.

Cielo B has been such a joy to own. I'm excited about what he and his rider, Rick Harris (at Hunter's Bluff Farm) are doing in the jumper ring! I'm also delighted that Cielo and Rick have done well in the Young Jumpers - a wonderful development program!

Cielo's foals are starting under saddle....Fresia should make her debut in the hunter ring this year, Galaxy should start in dressage and then move to the jumper ring (http://www.freewebs.com/dayspringfarm/apps/blog/), there are several other "G" babies that should be in the ring as well this year. The "H" group has been VERY exciting. One foal was sold to a jumper barn - another was sold to Canada (to Dilli - and I LOVE the updates and videos).

Bentley
Feb. 25, 2009, 12:17 AM
Oh my word he makes that look so easy! What a great video, and such a gorgeous boy. He's definitely on my short list for when Visa gets bred again :)

buschkn
Feb. 25, 2009, 01:10 AM
He looks GREAT Ronda. Glad I go to see that new video. It's great to see these young stallions moving up the levels and doing well. Go Cielo B! :)

Allyn M
Feb. 25, 2009, 01:30 AM
Congratulations Ronda !!
Cielo B and Rick look fantastic. Cielo B actually looks like his dad when he was jumping .
Simsalabim , Montana and Bannockburn Farm are feeling really proud.

SilverBalls
Feb. 25, 2009, 08:50 AM
He is a very nice horse with tremendous scope and ability. The filly Friesa caught my eye a couple of years ago. In fact, that's what made me check out Rising Star Farm. It is a prime example of a great program right here in the USA.

Congrats Rhonda! :winkgrin:

RioTex
Feb. 25, 2009, 11:47 AM
New found, I think not. :lol: I really liked the stallion first time I met him. I bred Fresia and wish I had been in a position at the time to keep her and show her myself. LOVELY filly. Super scopey, easy to work with and movement that would have been noticed anywhere.

I too am glad to see that he is out making his way. More excited to see him actually have to work over the jumps someday. He's on the short list for one of my TB mares this year. Problem is Rising Star's choice of stallions is making it a hard decision.:cool:

Kimberlee
Feb. 25, 2009, 08:35 PM
I am tickled pink with my newly acquired Cielo B filly, Galaxy. She is coming three in May, and absolutely wonderful to deal with. Cielo is wonderful in person, and very gentlemanly. One thing I have noticed about his offspring is that you can tell who their daddy is, and that he gives them his calm attitude. I can't wait to have the opportunity to have another Cielo B baby in the future!

PS - I now have a picture of Galaxy's first time with a saddle posted on my blog:)

risingstarfarm
Feb. 26, 2009, 10:12 PM
Galaxy looks great Kimberlee! I can't wait to see pictures of YOU in the saddle on Galaxy!

southerneventgirl
Feb. 28, 2009, 06:34 PM
It is very true about his personality on the ground. I know Rick Harris (the trainer who rides Cielo) and I have done the body clipping on Cielo numerous times. He is always very easy to handle and the most un-stud like around the barn.
Rhonda, one day when I find a mare, I will be calling you for a little Cielo clone! :)

grayfox
Mar. 1, 2009, 04:55 PM
Cielo B is a fabulous stallion and Rhonda is so wonderful to work with. I would breed to him in a minute.

STF
Mar. 1, 2009, 05:33 PM
Who are YOU breeding to him Jill???

Galileo1998
Mar. 1, 2009, 05:47 PM
I'm also a fan of Cielo B. He's just the type of stallion that everyone always says they want. Good pedigree, ammy friendly, approved and out there performing and being kept in the public eye. :yes: And to top it off a really nice, professional acting and helpful stallion owner is always icing on the cake.:yes:

HSGF
Mar. 1, 2009, 05:52 PM
Cielo B is a lovely boy! My friend is expecting a Cielo baby out of a Rio Grande mare that she is super excited about! The mare is due this month....getting closer.....we can't wait to see the foal!:yes:

foursocks
Mar. 2, 2009, 05:24 PM
I think he's exactly in the right place for a young jumper stallion in the States, too- performing, being bred to some lovely mares, and therefore establishing himself firmly. He has grown up so much, been brought along in just the right way- and all of his potential is now right out there, doing what a sporthorse stallion should be doing.

I love him and have a feeling his get will reflect his quality when they start showing, too!

3GreyMares
Mar. 2, 2009, 09:45 PM
Ditto, ditto, ditto!!!

I too, was thinking about breeding my lovely arab mare to him about 2-3 years ago. I went to Ronda's farm to meet them both. He is just a huge puppy dog!!! And very,very impressive to say the least. Ronda is very kind and professional and just adores all her horses.

After talking with Ronda, then with much thought and contemplation, I decided against the breeding. Would not have been a good nick with this particular mare. I may be a small "backyard" breeder, but I want my babies to represent the mare and the stallion in the most positive way.

I would most highly recommend them both. Her other stallions aren't too shabby either! ;)

3greymares

wildREDhorse
Mar. 3, 2009, 01:59 AM
What circuit will Fresia be showing in? Did she go to Houston or Dallas? Or did she stay in Austin when she got sold?

risingstarfarm
Mar. 3, 2009, 01:07 PM
Fresia ended up in Waco. She'll probably debut on the Centex circuit and then branch out to the bigger shows as she gets miles :-)

okggo
Mar. 3, 2009, 02:25 PM
I adore this stallion, though I've not had the pleasure of meeting him in person. Even more important, Ronda is an absolute top notch stallion owner to work with, bending over backwards far beyond what would even be "normally" expected.

I have a Cielo due April 27th o/o my tall hunter mare and I'm quite excited about seeing this foal. It has been a hellion in-utero!

Dressage-ryder
Mar. 4, 2009, 06:43 PM
I just heard from Ronda and she said that Cielo had another double clear round in Gulfport today!! :)

dilligaff2
Mar. 4, 2009, 09:17 PM
W00T! Off to look for scores :)

Dressage-ryder
Mar. 11, 2009, 09:09 PM
Okggo- I am looking forward to seeing your foal.. Make sure to post pics!

For those of you wanting some more current video -I got this in my inbox today!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLWCZL6DgMw

We were going to breed our mare to him this year but instead will be using a different one at RSF. Eventually I will get my Cielo baby :)

dilligaff2
Mar. 11, 2009, 09:47 PM
Wow! He made that look easy didn't he.

okggo
Mar. 27, 2009, 09:59 AM
That video gave me the twitters - I'm really excited about this foal!

Dressage-ry I promise I'll post pictures :) I'm super excited about this cross, this mare is UBER elegant, tall, refined, and a hell of a jumper. Her first foal, she actually improved on the stallion, her filly has a very upright top-line like her dam, correct, modern, and adores jumping sticks, grass, logs, whatever she can find. This foal is going to be HUGE, we have nick-named "him" stilts as we are pretty sure it will be a colt with super long legs. It kicks her 24/7 and she is much larger this go around then with her filly. I feel pretty sorry for her right now because she just looks like a beached whale. We know for 100% sure it will be black or bay, but I'm pretty sure on leggy and colt ;)

FairWeather
Mar. 27, 2009, 01:08 PM
ooooh oh oh! when is it due??

My mare is still two months out and is HEEEYUUUUGGGE.

okggo
Mar. 27, 2009, 01:48 PM
FW- She is due around April 27th!! She foaled 341 days last year with NO warning (no bag). She got a large bag about 45 minutes after she foaled and lots of good healthy colostrum. I've asked her to PLEASE give us some advanced warning this year...she isn't a maiden so she has NO excuses, lol.

Is your mare still at SSprings?

pony grandma
Mar. 27, 2009, 02:51 PM
For those of you wanting some more current video -I got this in my inbox today!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLWCZL6DgMw

I really like his landings.

STF
Mar. 27, 2009, 04:52 PM
I really like his landings.

HU???
Ive never heard that one before?
What does one look for in "landings?" for a jumper??

DMK
Mar. 27, 2009, 06:54 PM
Maybe you should seek some education in the matter of jumpers (and hunters) over on the h/j forum ... Perhaps you deal mostly in dressage? In any event the h/j forum is a good place to learn this stuff.

Yes, Virginia, landings, or how they handle the backside of the fence IS very important and we look for different thing in hunters and jumpers. In a jumper I like to see an active and athletic back end, a quick recovery and an elastic, adjustable stride right off the fence, which Cielo B demonstrates quite well. Not every horse has it, and truthfully some terribly athletic horses with all the scope in the world tend to land in a bit of a heap on the backside or need enough motor on the front side of the fence that they tend to overshoot or steeplechase the backside. Both may get you clear rounds but the former takes time off the clock to organize and the latter kills you in an indoor or tight turn/shot time jump off.

So yes, how a horse jumps both the front and backside of a jump matters.

Harold
Mar. 27, 2009, 07:38 PM
DMK, I agree with you. How they land is a big part of rideability. My current horse lugs me for about 6 steps after the jump before I can get him back and it's the worst. Showing indoors is out of the question for us. Rideability is one of the most important things a jumper can naturally have, in my book. That and carefulness.

I'm just getting the impression that STF isn't a big fan of Rising Star Farm, to be honest.

STF
Mar. 27, 2009, 08:40 PM
I'm just getting the impression that STF isn't a big fan of Rising Star Farm, to be honest.

:lol:

Dressage-ryder
Mar. 27, 2009, 09:20 PM
Wow! Lovely, lovey stallion. I loff how he goes around so quietly and makes it all seem so effortless. I'm with DMK, the landing is almost as important as the takeoff. Having a horse that can clear the jump, land cleanly and be able to take that landing and pivot off into another direction is imperative, especially for an upper level horse.

STF, you ain't adding to the discussion. I don't know RSF but from what I've seen, she has handled herself exemplary here in spite of your digs. You haven't and just appear petty.

I couldn't agree more with your comments about landing. Cielo has really come along and I think he is just now starting to really show what he can do.I think the future for him is going to be big. :)

pony grandma
Mar. 27, 2009, 09:54 PM
I didn't expect to have to explain that comment but thanks everyone for 'jumping' in there, so to speak :)

Some horses land hard and drop their head, neck and shoulders. It takes a skillful, well balanced professional to be able to ride these kind of landings and be able to pick the horse, and themselves, back up and rebalance. As has been mentioned here. Hard landings often make a rider pitch forward.

Cielo B lands softly with his head and shoulder up. He makes it look easy. The way he is built allows this and will probably also save him some wear and tear. The horse is young and they are still not running hard for time. The rider is working on the obedience and setting up the balance before each jump. Accuracy before speed.

It's the kind of ride that a lot of pros would 'want' to ride. :D

Equine Reproduction
Mar. 27, 2009, 11:13 PM
That was thoroughly enjoyable to watch. He made it look easy. Congrats to all parties involved <smile>.

Kathy St.Martin
To subscribe to our Newsletters, go to:
http://visitor.constantcontact.com/email.jsp?p=oi&m=1102379037302

okggo
Apr. 15, 2009, 11:58 AM
I'd love to see some more pictures of Cielo's kids! Ronda, you had a stunner this year - any updated pictures of her or any other '09's thus far?

dilligaff2
Apr. 15, 2009, 04:21 PM
I'm late to this but he does look wonderful!

okkgo, I visited your site today. That is a wonderful album that you have put together!

okggo
Apr. 29, 2009, 10:41 AM
I just wanted to bump this back up so I can add my new filly to the list of Cielo foals!

http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/ii170/okgottago/Horses/Jenibelle/?start=all

I will FOR SURE repeat this cross!

FairWeather
Apr. 29, 2009, 12:51 PM
FW- She is due around April 27th!! She foaled 341 days last year with NO warning (no bag). She got a large bag about 45 minutes after she foaled and lots of good healthy colostrum. I've asked her to PLEASE give us some advanced warning this year...she isn't a maiden so she has NO excuses, lol.

Is your mare still at SSprings?

AAAAHHHdorable! My mare has been with me in Damascus for a few months, but leaves for Southern Pines on Friday to foal out down there. Eeek! Weee! So excited :)

okggo
Apr. 29, 2009, 12:59 PM
AAAAHHHdorable! My mare has been with me in Damascus for a few months, but leaves for Southern Pines on Friday to foal out down there. Eeek! Weee! So excited :)

I wondered how she was coming along! Will that be a keeper foal? Should be a heck of a cross - Deja, right?

FairWeather
Apr. 29, 2009, 01:09 PM
Oh i'm not so silly as to pretend to even begin to want to sell the beeebeeeeee! Aren't they allll keepers??
The mare looks great, her size started doubling about two months ago and had me kinda worried, but she's leveled out to just be gigantic instead of extra super huge gigantic :)
I'm hoping she ships down just fine, and am thankful for our box stall for sure ;)
Yep! It's a Deja baby!

okggo
May. 3, 2009, 09:24 AM
I've got a question for those of you with Cielo kids....are they all pocket foals? This filly will be the fourth I've raised from birth. Of the other 3, all went through some kind of skittish didn't want to be caught phase, even if just for a week or so. This filly absolutely adores people! She follows us everywhere, and if we stop petting her/scratching her nickers for more. She has not argued with anything (picking up feet, leading, grooming) and frankly has gotten the halter/lead rope must faster than last years girls. You can literally do anything to her, stick your fingers in her ears, towel dry her, and she eats it up.
http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/ii170/okgottago/Horses/Jenibelle/?action=view&current=IMG_9439.jpg letting me know what she thinks of the camera...

I guess it also helps that this is the first foal we have had in our back yard, so she gets bothered every 15 seconds when I need my baby fix.

Our Aussie puppy has adopted her as well, which is giving me heart failure. I really don't like an 8 pound dog in with the horses, but I'm having a lot of trouble keeping her out of the foal pen. http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/ii170/okgottago/Horses/Jenibelle/?action=view&current=IMG_9521.jpg

STF
May. 3, 2009, 12:18 PM
I have had Ghiri since he moment he took his first breath.
Granted I was there when he was born and raised him in human hands, etc (not pasture born, etc).
But, he was a lap dog!!! Almost to the point it was annoying!!! You could not get him off of you when you were out in the pasture!!! He would be right up your butt! At the inspection, Ronda and I were standing under the tent and Ghiri left his dam to come over and stand under the tent with us by the tables, just ducked his head under the tent and came right over! LOL
I started him under saddle, ground drove him for a little and just hoped on. He has did some normal baby antics, but never bucked/reared. New things worry him some, but he is more that he wants to jump in your lap and have you "hold him!" LOL
He is not the prettiest horse I have had, he does have a very large head and has been late to mature. He is growing again and will be big and tall so hopefully he will even out soon and start balancing out.

risingstarfarm
May. 3, 2009, 01:09 PM
Granted, I'm biased, but I also have the most experience with Cielo B foals.

YES! They are all puppydog friendly :-) Almost to the point of being pests, lol.

As foals, they are very friendly and curious and enjoy attention. I find most of them to be brave and curious as they get older and without a doubt, they are the easiest youngsters to start. Cielo B was a breeze to start and was always a friendly boy - to the point of being a clown in the barn for attention.

I think this picture sums it up: http://www.risingstarfarm.net/Fresia_and_Ronda.jpg

Fresia was from the first foal crop.

STF
May. 3, 2009, 01:19 PM
This is Ghiri with a girlfriend of mine, Kellie -
As I said....... "Just hold me!!!"
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30490193&l=6707b72787&id=1151520725

RioTex
May. 3, 2009, 07:17 PM
I think this picture sums it up: http://www.risingstarfarm.net/Fresia_and_Ronda.jpg

Fresia was from the first foal crop.
Yup, mine was "pet-quality" as well. She was a tremendous mover, but would rather come toward the camera person than trot around the arena when we tried to film her. I used to make my son chase her with a bag on a stick. He hated it, it was hard work. She wasn't scared of the bag or the little boy.

FairWeather
May. 4, 2009, 10:16 AM
STF, I visited your site and boy, you are right. That is one ugly-headed horse. Did it's mother even bother to nurse him, or did she run away in horror?. You should put bags on its head! How did it not break the camera??

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

(lest someone not understand that I was kidding, that was a joke)

okggo
May. 4, 2009, 11:22 AM
Those pictures are priceless!! What wonderful minds on these guys! My hubby raised Quarter Horses and Walking Horses before he met me, and he is in love with our Cielo filly. He says the same thing, friendliest little bugger :)

AND her dam is an absolute worry wort basket case about her kids, so it is definitely personality and breeding influencing her and NOT environment! This mares filly last year was scared to death of EVERYTHING until we weaned her!

Mom does her panicked nicker to this one (you know the nicker, COME HERE, OMG COME HERE, COME HERE, COME HERE) and she just looks at mom, ignores her, and walks to whatever has her attention. Poor mare is going to have heart failure!

Kimberlee
May. 4, 2009, 12:23 PM
One of the coolest things about Galaxy, my 2006 Cielo B model, is that even at three she is still a pocket pony. She respects my space, and I don't feel that she is "on-top" of me. However, she is always waiting at the gate for me. Stays within ten feet when I am cleaning her paddock, and will walk with me for fun. Definitely much more into people than other horses. Which, after some very buddy sour horses, is a very nice change ;).

STF
May. 4, 2009, 03:04 PM
STF, I visited your site and boy, you are right. That is one ugly-headed horse. Did it's mother even bother to nurse him, or did she run away in horror?. You should put bags on its head! How did it not break the camera??

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

(lest someone not understand that I was kidding, that was a joke)

Ghiri does have a big head, but once he grows into his body it will be fine. Merlot, FBI and all of them have a huge head and and now are very attractive horses. Ghiri just needs time.

FairWeather
May. 4, 2009, 03:27 PM
Ghiri does have a big head, but once he grows into his body it will be fine. Merlot, FBI and all of them have a huge head and and now are very attractive horses. Ghiri just needs time.

You are right, Breeding is such a risk. And I guess thats the risk you take when breeding a mare that is tail-male to Aereole, aka "The big boob". There is a reason his son Vienna won so many races, his head was WAY out in front of the rest of the pack--he hardly had to try to win, he just had to nod that giant noggin!! Did you know Winston Churchill owned Vienna? He wanted a horse with a head at least as big as his own. It's so cool having Bay Ronald all the way back there, but eeeeevery once in a while you get that giant head popping up like a bad nut.
But it's ok, Ghiri will grow into it, lucky horse! :) :yes:

Poor winston didn't get that option :(
http://www.solarnavigator.net/history/explorers_history/Winston_Churchill_British_bulldog_portrait.jpg

STF
May. 5, 2009, 12:22 AM
Yes, I see now, I can def. see how the 4th generation effected so strongly.
But thats the risk you take when breeding. :)
At least he is rideable. Would sure hate to have a pretty headed horse that you cant sit on and be safe. Boy that would be a waste now wouldnt it.
His mom is the brown bay in the video - I can so see the genetic factor now that you pointed it out. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmdJ552r5Cw

okggo
May. 5, 2009, 09:51 AM
STF - he is going to be huuuuuge!! Yeesh! That under saddle picture (at 3, right?) he looks like a yearling (no insult to the ganglies, but he obviously has a way to go before he is done growing!). He is going to be lovely when he is all done!

FW - you learn something new every day about bloodlines, lol!

STF
May. 5, 2009, 01:11 PM
Yes, he is going to be huge. The girl in the pic is 5'11" to give you and idea and she has very long legs. We lightly backed him and then we started ANOTHER growth spurt, soooooooooooooo I honestly threw him back out into the pasture for now.

Poor guy is butt high and going super narrow, again!!!! I dont want to stress him tryign to balance himself (poor boy) and then trying to balance with us riding him.

So, he, FBI, Don Tomas are out in the front 5acs having "guy time"......

Ronda once told me Cielo did not really come into himself till between 3 and 4, so maybe through the summer I can have hope.

dilligaff2
May. 8, 2009, 11:50 AM
Kali is truly the biggest pocket pony I have ever owned! I tried to get some video if her lovely movement this past February when she turned 2--but mostly what I got was THIS:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/Cajunblue/atthecamera.jpg :lol: :lol:

Here is what I did manage to shoot. Poor girl came from Texas in the middle of one of the coldest Ontario Winters in a while. She beat the then unknown CEM procedures by 1 DAY!!! (Thanks to all the hard work by RisingStarFarm and Equine Reproduction on keeping us informed)

Maybe she was looking for a fur stole? Or should I title it: Will you be my FRIEND?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cim-rVkNmgw

Portia
May. 8, 2009, 12:18 PM
Maybe she was looking for a fur stole? Or should I title it: Will you be my FRIEND?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cim-rVkNmgw
Awww. You can just see her saying "Wait! Don't go!" Have they made friends since?

dilligaff2
May. 8, 2009, 12:36 PM
Well,

Alice wasn't having any of that but Gypsy was happy to oblidge.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/Cajunblue/kaligypsy.jpg

okggo
May. 8, 2009, 03:04 PM
Dilli is she going grey or no? Lovely lovely color :) and filly (and cat!)

dilligaff2
May. 8, 2009, 10:34 PM
No Grey in sight. A beautiful burnished copper chestnut.

risingstarfarm
May. 8, 2009, 10:41 PM
Dilli, I always love the videos of Kali. I'm not sure if I like seeing how she is doing or hearing your chuckle in the audio more, ;-)

Give her hugs and carrots for me. I can't wait until next year when I get to see videos of her undersaddle!