PDA

View Full Version : UPDATED AFTER TALK WITH VET - JINGLES PLEASE!

GreyHunterHorse
Jan. 21, 2009, 08:54 AM
I am posting here cause I need some support, even tho this is not strictly HR I DO post here a lot and I would have put this in off-topic but I can't post there today....

Anyhow, my cat is at the vet hospital since yesterday afternoon :cry: I called this morning to get an update and basically she didn't poop or puke. But she did eat. But they still don't know anything and she still has a fever and sore tummy. They did an xray and didn't see anything, they have her on antibiotics and laxative to help things move through, and she is eating baby food right now. They say if nothing changes she may need an ultrasound later today.

I am so worried about her. I love this cat and have had her since 8 weeks old. I feel bad not going to ride tonight but I think my horse will understand. I am not sure if I will have to go pick her up, deal with insurance, whatever tonight. And I will go check my horse either way, just maybe not have time to ride and I just have to allow myself to worry about one fur-child at a time, right?

Anyhow, feeling sad, worried and guilty about the horse all at the same time. I guess I just needed to put that out there and ask for some jingles for my kitty. Thanks for reading.

shea'smom
Jan. 21, 2009, 09:09 AM
Jingles!! I have to take my dog to the vet today for a strange swelling. We love our babies!!!

GreyHunterHorse
Jan. 21, 2009, 09:10 AM
In the around the farm forum perhaps? Mods, if you want to move it, I don't think I can do that? I apologize for putting it in the wrong spot.

Iron Horse Farm
Jan. 21, 2009, 09:35 AM
Big jingles for Kitty from your Secret Santa!!!

pj
Jan. 21, 2009, 09:49 AM
Jingling with both hands!

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Jan. 21, 2009, 10:47 AM
Big jingles!!

Buffyblue
Jan. 21, 2009, 01:25 PM
Jingles for the little kitty!

li'l bit
Jan. 21, 2009, 01:27 PM
Jingles for your baby.

GreyHunterHorse
Jan. 21, 2009, 01:44 PM
Just talked to the vet. Still no poops. No throwing up though either. They are trying IV fluids and keeping her another night. Looks like this is going to be a whopper of a bill....so much for getting OUT of debt:eek:

You gotta do what you gotta do for the fur-kids, right?:yes:

Moderator 1
Jan. 21, 2009, 02:10 PM
This thread obviously relates to a barn cat, so it would be a fine fit for Around The Farm... ;)

Maybe some of your fellow COTHers can provide some input on some of the related care issues once she gets home too.

Add a Mod jingle :)

mkevent
Jan. 21, 2009, 02:52 PM
All 5 cats jingling here!!
Don't feel guilty about your horse-they always understand!!

Bluey
Jan. 21, 2009, 02:53 PM
This thread obviously relates to a barn cat, so it would be a fine fit for Around The Farm... ;)

Maybe some of your fellow COTHers can provide some input on some of the related care issues once she gets home too.

Add a Mod jingle :)

Wow, that Mod jingle ought to count for time and a half, maybe two full jingles.:)

I hope they find what is going on asap and it is just a pesky hairball.:yes:

merrygoround
Jan. 21, 2009, 02:57 PM
3 cat jingle here!!

IFG
Jan. 21, 2009, 03:52 PM
Best of luck with your kitty.

See if you can use Care Credit for the vet bill. If the vet sets it up right, there are no finance charges. We will be paying off my dog's bill for 10 more months, but at least we are just paying the bill itself, not interest.

Amwrider
Jan. 21, 2009, 05:07 PM
Jingles for your kitty too, we are also using Care Credit for my Bob Kitty, I have used it before. Just keep in mind that the bills come from GE Money Bank (I was throwing mine away thinking they were credit offers/junk mail):no:

equusvilla
Jan. 22, 2009, 11:26 AM
Soo many sick pets makes me sad... 5 1/2 jingles coming from TX. (1/2 because the neighbors cat eats at our house!)

GreyHunterHorse
Jan. 22, 2009, 11:44 AM
Luna gets to come home tonight. She finally used the litterbox!!!! Yay!

Vet did say that she has turned into Satan-Kitty overnight though, which I warned her about. After a day at the vet she turns from a cute furry creature into a satanic monster who will attack anyone who comes near her cage. They even covered her cage with a towel:eek:

So good news. Our girl appears to be feeling better. Until I get the bill...:no:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=35995534&l=0fbdc&id=15606694 Here is my Luna. Thanks for all the jingles.

equusvilla
Jan. 22, 2009, 03:39 PM
OMGosh - don't even start to talk about vet bills... In November I had a dog vet bill of over $700.00. Just 1 week later my beautiful Blondie (horse) coliced and had to be put down. I cried so hard the vet reduced the bill to about $330.00 and now my Chrissy's vet bills are coming in at just under $700.00. ...can you say Hamberger Helper for the rest of the year????

So glad your kitty is better!

hessy35
Jan. 22, 2009, 05:00 PM
Luna gets to come home tonight. She finally used the litterbox!!!! Yay!

Vet did say that she has turned into Satan-Kitty overnight though, which I warned her about. After a day at the vet she turns from a cute furry creature into a satanic monster who will attack anyone who comes near her cage. They even covered her cage with a towel:eek:

So good news. Our girl appears to be feeling better. Until I get the bill...:no:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=35995534&l=0fbdc&id=15606694 Here is my Luna. Thanks for all the jingles.

Sounds like your kitty was constipated. To keep this from happening again, and having a HUGE vet bill… put some canned pumpkin in your kitty food. They love it and it moves things right along... so no more long nights/days at the vet.