PDA

View Full Version : US Rider? How is it?

Lincoln
Jan. 7, 2009, 10:58 AM
Any of you have experience with US Rider roadside assistance? Was it worth it? Pitfalls, things to be aware of? How is their service coverage - I'm in New England and often in rural VT and NH. Thanks so much in advance.

VWBug
Jan. 7, 2009, 11:11 AM
They're WONDERFUL. I haven't even needed them for my truck or trailer yet but they have towed my car, twice. When you call they always ask if you and your horses are safe - love that. They called back to see if everything was handled well and to my satisfaction.

The peace of mind they provide when I haul, which is usually alone, is so worth the price.

AppJumpr08
Jan. 7, 2009, 11:30 AM
Totally worth it!

Had my truck and trailer towed (no horses, thank goodness!) late one night on the PA/NY boarder.

Rudee
Jan. 7, 2009, 01:28 PM
My family was stuck in nowhere Arkansas in the wee hours of the morning with a load of hay (not even horses) they had tried everything else and then remembered their US Rider someone was there in under 30 minutes.

Badger
Jan. 7, 2009, 01:37 PM
They are absolutely wonderful. Good service and they give you peace of mind on the road as you always have back-up. I have used them several times over the years and now many of my friends also have USRider after seeing the help they've given me.

I've used them close to home and far from home, when hauling and when I'm just in a car. Two enthusiastic thumbs up.

BeastieSlave
Jan. 7, 2009, 02:56 PM
You should be able to get lots of great testimonials if you do a search. We seem to talk about USRider here fairly often :yes: There are probably a lot of old threads on Off Course that'll come up on a search.

FoxChaser
Jan. 7, 2009, 02:57 PM
They absolutely ROCK! I've had to use them twice (I enrolled after my All State road protection plan failed me miserably, leaving me stranded on the side of the interstate with my trailer after having said that yes, they did cover trailers) when I haven't had the rig with me. The first thing they ask is, "Are you okay?", followed by, "Are your horses okay?". I love that :) Their service is awesome and the people are extremely nice. Great company!!!

strawberry roan
Jan. 7, 2009, 04:01 PM
Agree with everyone. They are super--really give me peace of mind when I am out and about. Very good service. :):)

Phoebe
Jan. 7, 2009, 04:21 PM
Great service - used them a couple of times and like another poster - first thing they asked was -- Are your horses ok? Then they called me 3 times while I was waiting for the guys to show up to make sure I was ok, the horses were ok and the guy got there - can't say enough good things about them especially at a time when it seems like customer service is going by the board!!!

mjrtango93
Jan. 7, 2009, 04:46 PM
Anybody in California here have them? I have AAA with the RV coverage since I have a LQ trailer but of course I have to unload the horses for them to touch anything. I have heard US Rider is pretty shotty over my way, and that none of the tow trunk companies will work with them so it takes forever even if they get you help. Any West Coasters want to chime in?

tx3dayeventer
Jan. 7, 2009, 05:04 PM
I am a Gulf Coaster (hehe) and LOVE them!!!! Best roadside service out there with or without a trailer/horses!!!!

Tango- sorry no help on the West coast :D

Lincoln
Jan. 8, 2009, 07:53 AM
Thanks so much, everybody! I signed up and cancelled AAA. Really appreciate the feedback. Stay safe on the ice.

Guilherme
Jan. 8, 2009, 09:52 AM
I wrote a long story a while back about a gross failure of AAA. To their credit they refunded my "RVPlus" premium and clarified their rules to "no horse trailers." I'm not happy about their final decision; I am happy that they are now clear what their position is. ;)

We are up for renewal in March. We'll keep the AAA for the Subaru and go with USRider for the Duramax/Featherlight. The trip planning services, discounts, etc. with AAA make the membership worthwhile.

G.