PDA

View Full Version : i lost one of my barn kittys

goeslikestink
Jan. 5, 2009, 03:22 AM
one of my old grild died saturday she was nearly 18
and wasnt very well she went very quiet so me and debs took her to the vet but she died in our arms before we reached the door as in the wiating room

she was a good kitty she was a lovely caring cat small tabby long haired with white bib and paws and lovely creamy nose and mussle, when the kittens were mall as i have others up the yard she used to go hunting and alway bring them something to play with back and if kittys needed feeding she would feed them even if they werent hers as she had been done
but for some odd reason used to come into milk she has fostered quite a few kittys in her time, she was lovely cat that had lovely social skills for a semi ferral kitty the local cat rescue often rang me when they had a ferral cat in, and i would have it up the yard socks as that was name was always used to help settle new kitty in or new kittens whatever
nice cat freindly socialble cat
she leaves behind her brother thomas, her son cuddles 15, and sky and star reccued cats
and also the older ladies of 20yrs crackle and snap,

guess it time when things get old as most are on my little smallholding
wasnt long ago i lost a horse and a dog from old age, and due to lose another one
shortly due to age but i am spending a few days with him while i am off work on holiday before himbeing pts so at mo a bit sad,, at mo

bird4416
Jan. 5, 2009, 07:22 AM
Sorry about your cat, GLS. Its always sad when they pass.

McVillesMom
Jan. 5, 2009, 07:27 AM
I'm sorry about your kitty. Sounds like she had a good long life (although it's never long enough :(). She sounds like a very special cat.

Louise
Jan. 5, 2009, 08:23 AM
No matter how long they are with us, it isn't long enough. I'm very sorry for you loss, gls. She sounds like a wonderful cat.

Tiki
Jan. 5, 2009, 10:04 AM
Aw gee. I'm sorry about your kitty. They'll never outlive us, but it's still hard to lose them.

3horsemom
Jan. 5, 2009, 10:18 AM
i am sorry. i love my silly ol' cat despite the fact that he wakes me up everydat at dawn:30 by sitting on my chest and staring at me.

lcw579
Jan. 5, 2009, 10:54 AM
I'm so sorry about your cat. She sounds like a great old girl who had a very happy life and knew she was well loved.

pj
Jan. 5, 2009, 12:01 PM
I'm so sorry that it was time for your cat to say goodbye. We had one that lived til eighteen, too, and it was hard when he had to go. Take peace in that your cat was loved and well cared for and had a good long life. All too few have that.

2DogsFarm
Jan. 5, 2009, 12:29 PM
Socks sounds like a perfect barncat - Mistress of Her Barn
You gave her a good, long life and she gave you her best.

It's sad to lose them.
They seem to get old so fast.

eventchic33
Jan. 5, 2009, 11:07 PM
Awww so sorry, barn kitties are the bestest and I am sure she will say hi to all of your others on the other side of the Bridge.

WhatzUp
Jan. 5, 2009, 11:21 PM
~ RIP Sweet Kitty ~

Yours in sport,

Lynn

BasqueMom
Jan. 5, 2009, 11:46 PM
So sorry--for little critters, they sure leave big holes in your heart. Especially those that are as special as she was. Hugs!

shea'smom
Jan. 6, 2009, 08:52 AM
Wow, 18 years old! You must be doing something right! What a wonderful long life she had. Godspeed, Kitty.