PDA

View Full Version : Mastador?

eventerdrew
Dec. 30, 2008, 12:47 PM
I just adopted a Mastador (Mastiff/labrador) from the humane society in my area and I was wondering if anyone has had experience with these dogs.

We BELIEVE she's a mastador. She is definitley a lab cross but we're not sure if it's pit bull or mastiff. people have told me that if she were a pit cross she would have tighter skin (she has loose skin below her neck)

any info would be helpful!

Thanks

twofatponies
Dec. 30, 2008, 01:17 PM
They just have to stop with the cute crossbreed names! "Mastador"?? Sounds kinky!! :D

cheryl ann
Dec. 30, 2008, 01:20 PM
Sorry I can't help, but do you have any pictures of her? I bet she's gorgeous...

eventerdrew
Dec. 30, 2008, 01:43 PM
I will try to post pics. My facebook account is weird. haha

this link SHOULD take you to the album on facebook with her pics in it. if it doesn't work, let me know!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/album.php?aid=2012717&id=1189470653

Daydream Believer
Dec. 30, 2008, 01:56 PM
The name sounds like a dinosaur to me! Your pic did not work...came up to a log in page.

LuvMyNSH
Dec. 30, 2008, 02:01 PM
people have told me that if she were a pit cross she would have tighter skin (she has loose skin below her neck)

any info would be helpful!

Thanks

LOL, people are so cute. Most 'street' pits themselves are mixes, so trying to say what mixing them further will produce is like accurately predicting the weather for the twenty-third tuesday in 2017 - you'd have to be psychic.

She's a cutie. The color alone would make me think pit mix. There are a lot more brindle pits out there than than brindle mastiffs. How big is she?

eventerdrew
Dec. 30, 2008, 04:00 PM
she is 56 lbs.

Catersun
Dec. 30, 2008, 04:30 PM
how old is she?... 56 lbs sounds more like a pit cross... and young. Her head doesn't look big enough to me in the pic to be mastif. She also apears to have more of a lab hair coat than either a mastiff or pitt. Is she really that furry or is it just the pic? My pitt lab cross weighs about 70-80 lbs heavier when allowed to roam where there is cat food not properly secured. I love my lab/pitt cross. she is awesome. She was a handful when I got her at a year with NO basic training at all. With lots of time and training she has turned into the best dog. Jaden is the black dog in the top photo.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=142863&l=7bae8&id=1455512755

ponygrl25
Dec. 30, 2008, 08:53 PM
I have a pit/mastiff and she is an awesome dog. She is black with a little brindle.Teddi weighs about 75-80lbs. and unfortunately, she has some minor hip problems. She likes to play mom to our 2 poms and is very sweet(lots of slobbery kisses). Good luck!!

Alibhai's Alibar
Dec. 31, 2008, 12:46 AM
If you're really curious, you can send a hair sample and get a DNA test for the breed mix. Be warned, my friends did this and their dog turned out to be a really odd mix! I'm not sure just how accurate they are.

eventerdrew
Dec. 31, 2008, 11:53 AM
Catersun, she is 2 years old. She's really not that furry. She has a lab-length/textured coat.

Alibar, If I had the extra cash laying around i would definitley do a DNA test!!

Catersun
Dec. 31, 2008, 12:58 PM
If she is 2 than she is pretty small for a lab or a mastiff. She is a cutie though!