PDA

View Full Version : Goodnight sweet Scuffy girl

Tiempo
Dec. 26, 2008, 04:29 PM
We just had to have our darling kitty euthanized. Feline leuk.

She was a friggin angel..it's so unfair.

She was given to us in July by the family across the street when they heard that our beloved Natasha had been killed in our yard by our neighbors loose dog.

Two little darlings in 5 months.

Here she is..she didn't deserve this.

http://i39.tinypic.com/29zyc9c.jpg

Sakura
Dec. 26, 2008, 05:40 PM
:( She was adorable :cry:

Tiempo
Dec. 26, 2008, 06:17 PM
Thank you Sakura.

Although she had not been herself lately, she never seemed to be really uncomfortable until last night when she started seizing, she just kind of slowed down and was fading away.

She was eating and snuggling.

When we took her in to Doc Lane today, she had lost 25% of her body weight in the past few days even though she still had her appetite.

We'll miss her so much...I know it might seem silly to some be so upset over the loss of a 4 pound pet, but our furry ones are our babies.

2 years ago, our darling JRT puppy, Milhouse was killed in a freak accident, then when we moved into our new home this July, one week later a neighbors dog came and killed our sweet Natasha kitty in our yard.

3 days later, a 6 year old girl and her Mommy, our new neighbors.. came over with a beautiful, tiny bundle in the little girl's (Olivia) arms, and said, "We heard your kitty died so we brought you a new one".

This was Scuffy.

She was adored from the first day, but I guess it was already too late for her.

Every time I'm outside doing chores, and Olivia sees me she always asks about Scuffs...sooner or later I'm going to have to tell her.

DeeThbd
Dec. 26, 2008, 06:48 PM
Hugs, Tiempo. Sometimes I think there's a correlation between size abd how much love there is.
Thank you for taking such loving care of her.......perhaps your sweet young neighbour might understand the Rainbow Bridge.
Dee

Lamma70
Dec. 26, 2008, 07:04 PM
Tiempo,
I am sorry to hear about your kitty. She was a little cutie!

If you would ever consider taking in another kitten (or two), my Barn Manager just rescued a litter of kittens from a foreclosed home nearby. I noticed you are in Stockbridge, and my barn is in Saline. They have been wormed and tested for Leukemia (negative) and have some shots I believe. PM me if you are at all interested.

Tiempo
Dec. 26, 2008, 07:08 PM
Tiempo,
I am sorry to hear about your kitty. She was a little cutie!

If you would ever consider taking in another kitten (or two), my Barn Manager just rescued a litter of kittens from a foreclosed home nearby. I noticed you are in Stockbridge, and my barn is in Saline. They have been wormed and tested for Leukemia (negative) and have some shots I believe. PM me if you are at all interested.

Oh, that is sooo kind..I work in Saline all the time (farrier), first I need to be sure our home is safe.

annikak
Dec. 26, 2008, 07:45 PM
I am so sorry Tiempo- Hugs to both of you...
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Buffyblue
Dec. 26, 2008, 07:49 PM
Aw that sucks! What a little beauty she was! And that photo is just great! Hugs to you for giving her a loving home for the time she had left in her short life.

Tiempo
Dec. 26, 2008, 07:49 PM
I am so sorry Tiempo- Hugs to both of you...
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I miss you girl..lets have drinkies.

abbydp
Dec. 26, 2008, 07:53 PM
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. That is so much to bear in such a short time. I remember reading about your dear Natasha when you lost her. Hopefully you will find another little soul to love.

Lamma70
Dec. 26, 2008, 10:15 PM
Oh, that is sooo kind..I work in Saline all the time (farrier), first I need to be sure our home is safe.

It is certainly not a problem. These kitties are in need of a good home, and yours sounds wonderful. Just trying to help. Let me know if and when your home is safe, and if you are up to it.

Thank you. -Pam

pintopiaffe
Dec. 26, 2008, 11:09 PM
:(

I"m so sorry. Many hugs to you, and the wonderful little neighbor who brought her to you. :cry:

Old Equine Lady
Dec. 26, 2008, 11:18 PM
Sorry for your loss....

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Dec. 26, 2008, 11:31 PM
Big hugs to you.

amdfarm
Dec. 27, 2008, 12:14 AM
:( Awww, what a pretty girl. (((HUGS))) to you and yours and Olivia. Sorry for your loss.

dressagetraks
Dec. 27, 2008, 12:31 AM
I'm so sorry. She was a beautiful cat.

mustangtrailrider
Dec. 27, 2008, 12:48 AM
Tiempo, I am so sorry for your loss. It seems that the sweet ones always have the most to give. Our sweet Pebbles past away this fall. She was the smallest, sweetest barn cat anyone could wish to have. Shortly after her loss, a small angel came our way to fill her place....she was SUPPOSED to be an outdoor barn kitty.....she is laying beside me inside as a house kitty....She didn't listen to our request...LOL. She is the smallest sweetest angel we could ever have...she is the light of my life right now....what an angel

Anyways, I digress. I am so sorry for your loss. It must be difficult, but remember how kitty loved you and how much you loved kitty. Hugs!

BasqueMom
Dec. 27, 2008, 01:03 AM
I'm so sorry...what a darling! Have a real soft spot for black/white kitties (3 of our 7 are
black & white) along with Siamese mixes. Her markings are wonderful and such a sweet
face.

Hope you let another one help fill the hole in your heart!

MajMeadowMorgans
Dec. 27, 2008, 09:54 AM
(((((HUGS))))) to you. I feel your pain right now.

JSwan
Dec. 27, 2008, 11:02 PM
Tiempo - I'm sorry for your loss.

appychik
Dec. 27, 2008, 11:14 PM
So sorry for your loss, Tiempo.

WhatzUp
Dec. 28, 2008, 12:00 AM
~ RIP sweet Scuffy Girl, RIP ~

Yours in sport and felines,

Lynn

LockeMeadows
Dec. 28, 2008, 06:09 AM
What a cutie. I'm so sorry for your loss.

WhatzUp
Dec. 28, 2008, 07:47 PM
What a cutie. I'm so sorry for your loss.

I like your signature line - it's SO true !!

Yours in sport,

Lynn (another crazy cat lady there are MANY of us you know
and we look JUST like everyone else ... hehehe)

eventerdrew
Dec. 30, 2008, 12:57 PM
I am so sorry for your loss :cry:

I have five with FIV. they are all living together and all came with it. i'm lucky they are all "healthy". as healthy as they can be