Dec. 26, 2008, 12:25 AM
You just ruined me for life.

kookicat
Dec. 26, 2008, 12:57 PM
Why?

Argh. I'm addicted now. ;)

Amchara
Dec. 26, 2008, 12:58 PM
It is easier than herding a herd of actual sheep on your own two feet around the neighborhood :lol:

Bluey
Dec. 26, 2008, 01:02 PM
I think it gives you more of an understanding of what balance means and to let your herding dog find it on their own, as they are the ones that are seeing the stock from their position.

That is hard to do for the handlers, that think they know better than the dog where to place it and so mess up.:p

After trying that, it is more clear what the dogs are doing and why and that they do after all know better.:yes:

suze
Dec. 26, 2008, 01:15 PM
First my favorite student gives me World of Goo for Christmas & now this - I'll never get anything done!

2DogsFarm
Dec. 26, 2008, 01:45 PM
Thanks, Bluey!
As long as I'm stuck here at work I may as well chase some cybersheep :D

World of Goo? Now that sounds like fun! Is it on the net???

pAin't_Misbehavin'
Dec. 26, 2008, 03:52 PM
Wow. How cool is that?:cool:

BEARCAT
Dec. 26, 2008, 04:08 PM
...and who knew sheep were such good swimmers!!!

TBrescue
Dec. 26, 2008, 04:21 PM
OMG that is so much fun!!!!

threedogpack
Dec. 26, 2008, 09:40 PM
that was fun!

Go Fish
Dec. 27, 2008, 01:26 AM
Dang, I had to shut it down. The sheep noises are making my Corgis run around the house, barking and looking for the sheep.

Chief2
Dec. 27, 2008, 08:49 AM
Just sent it to a team penner. She's ought to love it! Thanks! :)

Bluey
Dec. 27, 2008, 12:23 PM
:cool:
YES!! 15 seconds to pen. :D Can you tell I was a border collie in my prior life? :lol:

Did herding with Shelties years ago, and still have a small flock of Dorsets that are now just pets. So I guess that makes me a ringer for this game. ;)

Wow, I had two shelties and none of them herded.
Chased fine, just didn't have any outrun instincts at all.

We used hair sheep, Katahdin, they don't get sour in practice and are easier on the young ones than those tough Dorsets.:eek:
Did you wear steel toed boots when training, to keep your toes from being smashed regularly?:winkgrin:
I am 4'11" and had a hard time not getting mowed down by the sheep, like a lone bowling pin.:p

I think that 15 seconds as an average must be some kind of top score there.
I forget to look at the time and keep getting my mouse wire tangled up.

Did you notice if you put the courser on the english site's lined up sheep on the upper right corner they jump for you?
Some people are so easily amused, are they.:lol:

pAin't_Misbehavin'
Dec. 27, 2008, 05:50 PM
I am 4'11" and had a hard time not getting mowed down by the sheep, like a lone bowling pin.:p

Ha! I'm 5'9", so the shoulder on the average Katahdin hits me just at the back of my knees. When six of 'em do it, I can really get some air before crashing to earth!:yes:

I still like Katahdin better than Barbados Blackbelly, though. Ever worked those with a green dog? Like really short deer with horns and a persecution complex.:winkgrin:

Bluey
Dec. 27, 2008, 06:16 PM
Ha! I'm 5'9", so the shoulder on the average Katahdin hits me just at the back of my knees. When six of 'em do it, I can really get some air before crashing to earth!:yes:

I still like Katahdin better than Barbados Blackbelly, though. Ever worked those with a green dog? Like really short deer with horns and a persecution complex.:winkgrin:

Yep, in a very tight wire pen and wondered if they were going to kill themselves before I got myself and the pup out of there.:eek:
Sure will get a dog that is not hooked yet trying to work, if he has any interest at all.

We had for a while some wild ones they were trying to introduce to our area, but after about three years our local coyotes proved too much for them.
They sure were neat to have around.:yes:
They are some just 100 miles South of here, but we are a little bit too far North for them, I think.

Our old aussie once rounded up and brought up to us five antelope does, that were as puzzled as we were about that silly dog. Our antelope are very tame.
We never had a border collie that goofy.:lol:

I hear you on getting hit, you need to practice your backing off and moving around a little more, never stand still.;)