PDA

View Full Version : WHO is DONE with this RAIN????

Rebmik
Dec. 19, 2008, 09:37 AM
I am really sooooo done with this RAIN.
I live in a cabin that is attached to our barn, so there is no getting away from looking out and seeing all this MUCK and the horses just standing in it!
And the pasture dwindling away and turning into a mud bog.
SAD (seasonal affective disorder) and then some!!!! :(
enough already!

CanTango1
Dec. 19, 2008, 09:44 AM
Have you seen the outlook for next week ? I cant even take it anymore, I wish it was snow , then at least it wouldnt be ALL MUD, I think the ponies are miserable in all this to.

I'm EBO
Dec. 19, 2008, 09:46 AM
I'm on the other coast, but equally sick to death of it. I have had to turn some of the horses out full time so they have a dry place to stand (and and be fed). I have compatible others doubled up in those stalls that weren't flooded. Another lives in the barn aisle.

Still, we weren't totally flooded, like some places farther south, and the horses didn't have to be evacuated, so we're not the worst hit, by far.

But why, why, why must we have our annual rain fall occur in the space of one week?

deltawave
Dec. 19, 2008, 10:00 AM
We have 6" of new snow and it's falling at the rate of 2" an hour presently. Rain is not so bad. :)

mroades
Dec. 19, 2008, 01:15 PM
Rain...whats that? Moisture...oh we havent gotten any on weeks! Please send some down here!!!!

VarsityHero4
Dec. 19, 2008, 03:13 PM
You can have all the rain you want from us! I leave for FL for 3 months in a week and I wanted to get some good riding time in on my horse before I leave. But alas, I only have an outdoor and even the fields are barely habitable. :-(

Sakura
Dec. 19, 2008, 03:26 PM
Yep... wish we would have had all this rain last summer right before my pasture turned crispy...

Trevelyan96
Dec. 19, 2008, 03:52 PM
Yep... I'm ankle deep in mud around the barn. Blankets are filthy, and I have clean ones for them, but why bother. :no: I won't be able to rid this weekend becaus the footing is so bad, and thanks to today's rain, I won't even be able to get my trailer out to go to trainer's indoor. :mad:

RiverBendPol
Dec. 19, 2008, 05:00 PM
We had rain and MUD (we live in a clay river bed) until last week, when it all froze. Every surface coated with thick ice, all the trees in town broke, taking the power lines down. We lost power (including water, we're on a well) on Thursday night. Power went back on 6 days later (Wednesday). When it went on, the pipes burst so then we had flooding. Now we have the entire ceiling of the garage torn to shreds to find the leak, pull out and replace the pink fiberglass insulation, etc. etc. So, ya, I'd take rain. Now it is DUMPING snow. We're due for 10" tonight, 'snow showers' tomorrow and a real Nor'easter on Sunday, due to drop 14" on us. All I care about is not losing power again!!

horsetales
Dec. 19, 2008, 05:48 PM
I agree, this mud is getting old real fast. You even sink on the high ground. Our lower pasture is closed due to flooding and will probably be an ice rink in the morning. Today we had over 1" and I see they are calling for 1-2" of snow tomorrow night. Just a fraction of the past 3 weeks worth would have been nice this summer during hay season. Feast or famine, never seems to be a happy medium.

Trevelyan96
Dec. 19, 2008, 06:05 PM
RiverBend, I so sympathize! I lived with my Gramps in Maine for a winter, and 6 days without electric is a disaster.

Sabovee
Dec. 19, 2008, 06:57 PM
At this point I'd welcome snow...

STOP RAINING ALREADY!!! Poneez up to their eyeballs in mud - we usually don't have muddy paddocks at all, but the rain has nowhere left to go!!!

ASB Stars
Dec. 19, 2008, 07:01 PM
We have 6" of new snow and it's falling at the rate of 2" an hour presently. Rain is not so bad. :)

I will SO take that over six inches of MUD MUD MUD!!! :mad:

Then, in true PA fashion this *&&^% will FREEZE making our celebrated frozen rutted MUD MUD MUD :mad:

Thirty-three degrees and raining- there is just NOTHING more disgusting than this!

IceQueen
Dec. 19, 2008, 07:03 PM
Do you think we should just start a mud boggs for horses contest. Honestly who p/o mother nature???

I'll be swimming horses instead of riding soon if this crap keeps up!!! And of course I think my boys are running their own competion...."How much mud do you think we can get to stick so mom will have to scrape off even more than her boots"!

Or "I bet that washing machine will break soon, that thing can't posibly keep up w/ us & our blankets".

Cat,

KellyS
Dec. 19, 2008, 08:19 PM
I'm so glad I'm not the only one sick of the mud! I never ever complain about rain because I'd rather have it than not, but the past week or so is really trying my patience! Nothing is drying and the horses are just covered in mud whenever they go out (if they go out--we don't have run-ins, so they're inside when it's yucky, which seems like every other day right now).

The snow predicted for today? Freezing slushy rain...yuck!

I made the mistake of washing blankets last week when we had a warm day...what a jinx! You can't even tell anymore...the blankets are more disgusting than ever. And why put on clean ones when they are just going to get them disgusting again?

Please, send us some snow! And frozen ground (without too many mud ruts). ;)