PDA

View Full Version : Do the Horseware blankets tend to run large?

katie16
Dec. 12, 2008, 11:24 AM
Trying to guess what size to get. Since the Horseware blankets don't go on normal US sizing of even 2" incriments, wondering if I should err on the side of "up or "down"?

Simkie
Dec. 12, 2008, 11:32 AM
I find their directions on measuring and fitting to be spot on.

http://www.horseware.com/usa/rugfitting.asp

katie16
Dec. 12, 2008, 11:37 AM
Just heard this from a tack store that sells lots of them:

"Horseware Amigo blankets run a little smaller than Horseware Rhino and Rambo blankets."

Good Lord, I know different brands have always fit differently, but now different makes within the same brand? Ugh!

LarissaL
Dec. 12, 2008, 12:15 PM
Very true! I have thought the Amigos run slightly small to almost true to size.

mypaintwattie
Dec. 12, 2008, 12:34 PM
Yes, it's true. The QH line has a different fit, as does the Amigo line from the Rambo and Rhino's.

decorum
Dec. 12, 2008, 12:35 PM
When I was buying my Rhino I went by their measurements and ended up getting a blanket that was too small. I returned it and got an 81 just like he always wears and it fits great. It was the shoulder area that was really too small on him, the rest was barely big enough, even if the shoulder area fit I couldn't have put a blanket underneath it and I like to be able to do that since it is just a sheet.

wlrottge
Dec. 12, 2008, 01:03 PM
We've got Rambo Med Wug's and originals and they run measurement-3" consistantly.

The Amigo sheets we have fall somewhere between measurement-3" and true to size.

Regardless, we'll not buy anything besides Horseware again.

ponyjumper4
Dec. 12, 2008, 02:13 PM
I followed their sizing directions and it was way too small. The Amigos do run small and are not built for wider horses. I find the Rhinos to be pretty true to size.

RedMare01
Dec. 12, 2008, 02:32 PM
I have a Rhino Original, and it fits true to size.

Caitlin

eventrider
Dec. 12, 2008, 08:35 PM
Every horse in my barn wears Horsewares clothes..think sheet, medium and heavy on 15+ horses. I order a size smaller in all the Horsewares products than the horses wear in other brands and I have never had one not fit. I would say they run a size bigger than they say.

Christan

dwblover
Dec. 12, 2008, 08:37 PM
I'd say they are a little larger than other brands.

cloudyandcallie
Dec. 12, 2008, 08:57 PM
My easy keeper ottb mare wore a 74 in other blankets, and a 75 in her rambo wug plus and it fit her just fine.

My very easy keeper wb wore a 78 in other blankets, and his 78 rambo wug plus fit him just find, except he looked like Barney the dino in it.:lol:

And I measure from center of chest to edge of tail. Not to center of tail.

El Tovar
Dec. 12, 2008, 09:08 PM
run about an inch smaller than regular rambo/rhinos I have found. I love the Amigos though-just get next size up or your horse's butt sticks out.