PDA

View Full Version : It was Jan Brinks' last Olympics

Coreene
Aug. 22, 2008, 01:33 PM
Jan Brinks announced that HK was his last Olympics; Briar's too. HK was Briar's third Olympics.

Brinks said that he will aim for the World Cup in Vegas, which will be Briar's retirement and Brinks' as well, as he will be retiring from dressage.

Mardi
Aug. 22, 2008, 01:34 PM
(sigh) another cute guy out the window....

Coreene
Aug. 22, 2008, 01:47 PM
(sigh) another cute guy out the window....I know, bummer huh?! But I am sure the new-ish Mrs. Brinks will be happy to have him home. :lol:

BahamaMama
Aug. 22, 2008, 01:56 PM
Jan Brinks announced that HK was his last Olympics; Briar's too. HK was Briar's third Olympics.

Brinks said that he will aim for the World Cup in Vegas, which will be Briar's retirement and Brinks' as well, as he will be retiring from dressage.

This might be a post olympic depression :cool:

DownYonder
Aug. 22, 2008, 01:58 PM
This might be a post olympic depression :cool:

Are you really a moderator, or do you just play one on this forum?

It seems that a REAL moderator would stick to moderating, and refrain from commentating. ;)

Moderator 2
Aug. 22, 2008, 02:07 PM
No, not a real moderator.

LisaB
Aug. 22, 2008, 02:12 PM
What??? There aren't 49 moderators to keep us in line? Have you been to the h/j and breeding forum???
Maybe Jan will retire in Vegas and work the upstairs of Olympic Gardens :eek:

Mozart
Aug. 27, 2008, 02:47 PM
Why? He seems pretty young to be retiring. Mrs. Brinks might get tired of having him around so much. Not.

Well, Mark Todd couldn't take it anymore and came back. How many times has Robert Dover retired? I'll bet Jan will be back when the right horse comes along.

LexInVA
Aug. 27, 2008, 02:52 PM
They will all return in "Space Balls 2: The Search For More Money". :lol:

DancingQueen
Aug. 30, 2008, 12:34 AM
It's a hard life being on the road and I don't blame him for wanting to cut down a bit and refocus. I don't know him but from what I've gathered he seems very competitive and eager for both a challenge and for perfection. It could just be that he feels that he has (for now) done all he can with his talent.

It wouldn't surprise me if he did indeed come back after a few years off the big circuit. It would also not surprise me if he came back as a chef d'equipe or trainer, taking on a new perhaps more interesting challenge.

MEP
Aug. 31, 2008, 01:07 PM
Ahhh ... I've always enjoyed watching both of them! Should be fun at LVWC!

msrobin
Aug. 31, 2008, 02:49 PM
I have enjoyed them both for many years. They are both brilliant. Sad to see them go.