PDA

View Full Version : Place your bets! Place your bets! Place your bets!

dogchushu
Aug. 19, 2008, 04:21 PM
For Thursday's individual jumping finals! Here are mine..

Gold: McLain Ward
Silver: Ian Miller
Bronze: Beezie Madden

Potential Spoilers:
Eric Lamaze
Ben Maher

ika
Aug. 19, 2008, 04:21 PM
I would say Eric Lamaze would win gold or silver before Ian gets close..

Horseface
Aug. 19, 2008, 04:31 PM
I would put my money on Eric Lamaze..

Little Diva
Aug. 19, 2008, 04:34 PM
I will lay a wager...

Gold: Mclain
Silver: Eric
Bronze: Beezie

Madeline
Aug. 19, 2008, 04:36 PM
Jos Lansink, Meredith Michaels-Beerbaum, and Rodrigo Pessoa ought to be on a short list.

schmoe1
Aug. 19, 2008, 04:43 PM
McLain & Sapphire: Gold
Hickstead & Eric: Silver
Edwina & Itot du Chateau: Bronze

Possible spoilers: Authentic & Beezie, Rodrigo & Rufus, Ben & Rolette

KateD
Aug. 19, 2008, 04:56 PM
Gold:Eric or Mclain
Silver: Which ever of those two that doesn't win!
Bronze: Jos, Beezie, Rodrigo or maybe hopefully another canadian?

EquineLVR
Aug. 19, 2008, 04:58 PM
what time on Thursday for the jumping finals?

Sapphire: Gold
Authentic: Silver
Cumano: Bronze

justalittlex
Aug. 19, 2008, 05:16 PM
Gold: Rodrigo Pessoa
Silver: Jos Lansink
Bronze: Ian Millar

dogchushu
Aug. 19, 2008, 08:32 PM
what time on Thursday for the jumping finals?

Sapphire: Gold
Authentic: Silver
Cumano: Bronze

It will be online on Thursday morning. I'm crossing my fingers that it will also be on the Oxygen broadcast that night!

I'm sticking with Ian Miller for the silver. I know Eric seems a logical choice, but there was something in the way Miller rode that anchor round for the Canadians that makes me think he'll pull it together. He didn't go in the jump off, and I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Given the tough courses, I don't think there will be that many going into the jump off. I'm going to predict a max of four riders for the gold.

kahjul
Aug. 19, 2008, 08:37 PM
gold-ward
silver-lamaze
brone-kraut
going on a limb, but I think Cedric will pull it off.

CoolMeadows
Aug. 19, 2008, 08:40 PM
Laura and Cedric could get in there too - that horse has been getting better and better every round! There are so many stars there this year I can't pick! Mclain, Beezie, Laura, Eric, Rodrigo, Jos... what about Dennis Lynch??

1derful
Aug. 19, 2008, 08:50 PM
Laura and Cedric could get in there too - that horse has been getting better and better every round! There are so many stars there this year I can't pick! Mclain, Beezie, Laura, Eric, Rodrigo, Jos... what about Dennis Lynch??

I like Laura and Cedric. I'll bet my 2 cents on her to be in top 3. :)

Sundown
Aug. 19, 2008, 09:39 PM
I think if Cedric can keep it together and keep going like he has been and Laura keeps riding as perfectly as she always do they could definitly be in the top 3, possibly gold or silver, he's pretty fast! I really hope Mclain and Sapphire get gold, the both deserve it so much but if Hickstead, Cedric, or even Shutterfly and Authentic go clean it might be tight because she's not a huge speed horse. She's got a masive stride but Hickstead and Cedric are so fast. Meredith and Shutterfly could pull it off, they've been so amazing this year and their finals round was pretty good. Beezie and Authentic could medal too. I really hope Eric and Hickstead will medal they deserve it to! Also Rodrigo and Rufus they laided down a great final round! So really I'm pretty undecided I think many people could pull it off! What I would love to see happen is:
Mclain&Sapphire, Laura&Cedric or Eric&Hickstead to just medal in general. They all deserve it!!

Heineken
Aug. 19, 2008, 11:30 PM
It's really anybody's game this year but I'd like to see Laura and McClain medal for sure!

vineyridge
Aug. 20, 2008, 12:10 AM
I think MMB will pull it out. Not sure Authentic is as good this year as he was in 2006. Cumano looks every bit as good here as he did in Aachen.

I'm going with Shutterfly
Cumano
Hickstead or Sapphire

Would be amazing if Ireland won the individual gold in the ring two Games running.

dressagetraks
Aug. 20, 2008, 12:13 AM
Shutterfly/MMB
In Style/Ian Miller
Authentic/Beezie

chukkerchild
Aug. 20, 2008, 12:31 AM
What's the name of the gray horse on the Norwegian team?

Eric Lamaze
Ian Millar
Mclain Ward

Donella
Aug. 20, 2008, 12:34 AM
Gold for Hickstead!

Fixerupper
Aug. 20, 2008, 12:45 AM
My bet is a draw between Eric & McLain with a jump off, anybody's guess for third. This is a nerves of steel, risk-taking showdown - the bad boys will prevail! I do believe Eric threw down the gauntlet in the last round of the team final -fast, ballsy and clear...that horse is one in a million!
I will be scarfing Zantac for breakfast...

Bats79
Aug. 20, 2008, 04:51 AM
How many people jumped clear in the last two round?

Thanks for remembering Edwina Alexander & Itot du Chateau.

McLain & Sapphire: Gold
Hickstead & Eric: Silver
Edwina & Itot du Chateau: Bronze

Possible spoilers: Authentic & Beezie, Rodrigo & Rufus, Ben & Rolette

War Admiral
Aug. 20, 2008, 09:20 AM
Regardless of what one thinks of his horsemanship (and I'm sure most of you know what I think! :lol:), there is no doubt that McClain and Sapphire are on an incredible roll right now, so I think he and Eric will be duking it out for the gold. Would much prefer Authentic to win it, but I agree with Viney that he doesn't seem as "on" this year as usual. :( (Irrespective of which, he's still my favorite jumper of our time.)

Barring a miracle return to form, then, bronze to Cedric!

Jealoushe
Aug. 20, 2008, 10:16 AM
Eric is taking the gold......thats all that matters!!

jumperchique
Aug. 20, 2008, 10:41 AM
1 eric
2 Meredith Michaels-Beerbaum
3. beezie

Wooo

Pokey
Aug. 20, 2008, 10:44 AM
Selfishly and nationalistically - I'd love a US sweep - any order is fine! :) But I'm partial to Beezie - so maybe she gets the top podium.

Sentimentally - I'd love to see Ian win Gold, particularly given the years circumstances, and also because it may be his last Olympics (would he compete at 65?)

Although, an upset would be kind of fun. And if Edwina can keep up the performances she's put in thus far - that would be phenomenal.

But Germany's got to be pissed and wanting something to prove.

And Rodrigo is always reliably brilliant when it comes down to it.

I've never been good at betting...

sisu27
Aug. 20, 2008, 11:01 AM
Sentimentally - I'd love to see Ian win Gold, particularly given the years circumstances, and also because it may be his last Olympics (would he compete at 65?)

He has said yes. He is preparing Redefin for London and hopes Jonathan and Amy will make the team as well. How cool would that be?

I would love to see a Canadian sweep with Ian getting the gold but if any of our three take home a medal I will be very pleased.

GO TEAM CANADA GO!

I feel like MW would be a deserving recipient as well provided he rides like he has been doing.

Pokey
Aug. 20, 2008, 11:11 AM
"He has said yes. He is preparing Redefin for London and hopes Jonathan and Amy will make the team as well. How cool would that be?"

Wow. That man is a machine. I heard a quote that the Canadian team can't imagine a team without him.

I remember when Ian, Jonathan, and Amy went 1-2-3 in a Grand Prix. I thought that was pretty darn cool. Such a romantic notion to have that happen in London, eh?

Blondie22
Aug. 20, 2008, 11:28 AM
I would say Eric Lamaze would win gold or silver before Ian gets close..

Amen sista. Ian isn't getting anything! My money is on Eric!

Tap2Tango
Aug. 20, 2008, 11:29 AM
This is a tough one. Lots of good rides have been put in over the past week. I would have to go with
Gold: Jos
Silver: Mclain
Bronze: Eric

However it would not surprise me if that order was switched around or if someone like, Laura, Ian, Meredith or Rodgrigo snuck in there.

sisu27
Aug. 20, 2008, 11:34 AM
Amen sista. Ian isn't getting anything! My money is on Eric!

That's a $hitty thing to say. Are you aware there are 3 medals available? Any combination of Eric and Ian would be fab in my books.

Blondie22
Aug. 20, 2008, 11:39 AM
That's a $hitty thing to say. Are you aware there are 3 medals available? Any combination of Eric and Ian would be fab in my books.

We're all entitled to our own opinions! Thanks!

fish
Aug. 20, 2008, 03:52 PM
Cumano,
Comiro,
Shutterfly

Edgar
Aug. 20, 2008, 05:18 PM
Cumano
Lantinus
Shutterfly

Drvmb1ggl3
Aug. 20, 2008, 05:44 PM
Man, it's wide open this year, you can make a case for any of 15, even more, riders.
However you have to fancy Lansink, Pessoa and Lynch, all of who picked up time faults in the qualifiers because of the cagey rides they were able to put in because of no team commitments. You've got to think they have something in reserve.

skatepixie
Aug. 20, 2008, 06:10 PM
Shutterfly/MMB
In Style/Ian Miller
Authentic/Beezie

I'd like that podium, in any order. :)

3Dogs
Aug. 20, 2008, 06:16 PM
so many to love - Edwina has ridden beautifully and I love her SF horse Itot... Hickstead? WOW. But, then, Sapphire and Cedric - thump a thump a.:yes::yes::yes:

Can't bet - just can't wait either! Oh boy - it's tomorrow

Chef Jade
Aug. 20, 2008, 06:17 PM
Are they starting from scratch with faults or are any of the rounds carrying over?

I had 2 of the 3 team medals picked out but I think the individual is wide open. Hickstead is an AMAZING jumper but looks to sometimes rush the details and could have a cheap rail. Cedric is jumping great but the consistency of Sapphire and Authentic are hard to beat. BTW - Was there ever an explanation as to Authentic's stop in the qualifier? Shutterfly hasn't been jumping as well as usual but you can never root against Meredith. Rodrigo and Rufus look pretty good as well.

Sorry - I am out of the loop. I have been avoiding COTH for days because I hadn't watched the team medal round. I finally got around to watching last night and my DVR missed it. :(

AHC
Aug. 20, 2008, 07:29 PM
ChefJade, from what I understand they start from zero. The preliminary rounds only determine order-of-go.

And if you want to watch the team medal round, you can see it online at nbcolympics.com
It's definitely worth watching!

Don't want to make predictions, but I did think Hickstead and Sapphire looked amazing on Monday. I'd just like to see the US (or Canada) win a medal. It would be icing on the cake after the team results.

dogchushu
Aug. 20, 2008, 07:48 PM
BTW - Was there ever an explanation as to Authentic's stop in the qualifier?

Beezie said she thought his ear net caused a lot of sweating, and some sweat probably dripped down into his ear. He definitely acted like something was bugging his ears!

coriander
Aug. 20, 2008, 08:37 PM
1. Hickstead
2. Cumano
3. Sapphire

Jumper221
Aug. 20, 2008, 09:35 PM
1. Hickstead
2. All Inclusive
3. Sapphire

Jealoushe
Aug. 21, 2008, 01:17 PM
Eric is taking the gold......thats all that matters!!

Yay !!!!!