PDA

View Full Version : on a more positive note...if you could bug any Olympic horse....

Mayaty02
Aug. 18, 2008, 07:09 PM
I mean "BUY" LOL....
in any discipline...who would it be?

Me, I think I am in love with Sapphire but I have a special place in my heart for Ninja, on the Swedish Show Jumping team.

Who would you like? :cool:

Wellspotted
Aug. 18, 2008, 07:11 PM
I would like to meet and (maybe) ride Marius but would never want to take him away from Hinrich!

dressagetraks
Aug. 18, 2008, 07:12 PM
Satchmo - and a year of daily lessons with Isabell on how to ride him. :D

La Gringa
Aug. 18, 2008, 07:14 PM
Hickstead

and..

Camiro from the Norwegian team!! :D I love the big plain gray horse.

Kenike
Aug. 18, 2008, 07:14 PM
If I could BUG any horse? Well, I have to think on that one! :lol:

If I could buy any? I am absolutely in love with Authentic. Always have been, so I'd have to try for him.

Marius would be my other pick, with Gandolf very closely behind. But they'd become jumpers since I don't even ;)

Dressage_Diva333
Aug. 18, 2008, 07:33 PM
I wouldn't mind taking Sunrise home, or Ravel :)

grayarabs
Aug. 18, 2008, 07:40 PM
Balugar (sp?) the gray. I adore him. Seems to me he is very level-headed?!
I mean amateur friendly. BTW - is he a stallion or a gelding?

slc2
Aug. 18, 2008, 07:59 PM
Satchmo, and then I'd give him to someone else, LOL!

willowoodstables
Aug. 18, 2008, 07:59 PM
Hickstead, then Sapphire, then Shutterfly and then Camiro....of course I'd have to have the riders too LOL just for lessons!

cloudyandcallie
Aug. 18, 2008, 08:00 PM
Roxanna 112 (reserve). I'm partial to those teutonic Hessens.:D

zahena
Aug. 18, 2008, 08:01 PM
HICKSTEAD!!! I'd take Hickstead!! And let him squash me like a bug!

KateD
Aug. 18, 2008, 08:02 PM
Cumano! haha I don't think I could make it over a jump before I flew off though! Then Shutterfly, Hickstead, Authentic and Sapphire!

Zipperoo
Aug. 18, 2008, 08:06 PM
Agree with above poster, Cumano. And I too would be flung to the ground over a 3' vertical but I'd take the chance. What an absolutely amazing horse. If a US rider can't win, I'm pulling for him. Oh and Edwina Alexander's horse, love it.

dressagetraks
Aug. 18, 2008, 08:12 PM
Hey, slc2, YOU buy Satchmo and then give him to me.

That's even better. Not only an Olympic horse for me, but as a gift. :yes:

I'd still gladly pay for the lessons for a year with IW, but the lack of expense on Satchmo would help me there. Might even get me 2 years of lessons. :D

TeddyRocks
Aug. 18, 2008, 08:20 PM
Balugar (sp?) the gray. I adore him. Seems to me he is very level-headed?!
I mean amateur friendly. BTW - is he a stallion or a gelding?

That is sooooooooo the horse I want. Such a cutie... What a blast he looks like. He is a stallion I believe.

My other choice would be Bonaparte. They both look so level headed and just extremely high personality horses...

FUN thread!

tx3dayeventer
Aug. 18, 2008, 08:21 PM
Headley Britannia

One bada$$ mare!!!! I would love to have the ride on her!

Anne FS
Aug. 18, 2008, 08:23 PM
Hickstead.

But when I saw the thread title I thought, oh, boy, if I could bug any Olympic horse....meaning if I could plant a bug and hear what they were saying about everything, like about Hong Kong, and the heat, and showing at night, and their grooms (they LOFF them), and their riders' mistakes....Now THAT would be fun!

Mayaty02
Aug. 18, 2008, 08:31 PM
Hickstead.

But when I saw the thread title I thought, oh, boy, if I could bug any Olympic horse....meaning if I could plant a bug and hear what they were saying about everything, like about Hong Kong, and the heat, and showing at night, and their grooms (they LOFF them), and their riders' mistakes....Now THAT would be fun!

Now that would indeed be fun! somehow I don't think it's possible....:lol:

J-Lu
Aug. 18, 2008, 08:36 PM
I would bug Satchmo. Truly, I would BUG Satchmo if I bought Satchmo.

I've always liked him best in IW's current string so I would buy him. I'd happily lend him to dressagetraks for regular lessons, since IW would be coming to my barn for me anyway. :D She can ride him while Ingrid Klimke gives me lessons on my new eventer, Gazelle de la Brassierie (no, not her horse, but she'll be giving me lessons anyway - so nice of her!).

I like Ravel because I LOVE Contango, but he might be too much for me. I'd take Don Schufro if he came with Andreas and unlimited breeding rights.

I don't think I would bug Piroschka, the horse ridden by the Chinese woman, even if I bought her. That horse looked a saint in horse clothing and a fun ride.

J.

Hazelnut
Aug. 18, 2008, 08:50 PM
I could bug them all with my bad hands....:D

Oh, BUY - well, that might not work out. :lol: I like Ravel and Satchmo!

sisu27
Aug. 18, 2008, 09:48 PM
I like the original question better. I had visions of listening to Eric muttering sweet nothings en francais into Hicksteads ear while flying around the course. Or Ludger cursing in German. Anyone catch that expletive upon leaving the ring after one of his rounds? Can't say I blame him though.

Buy? Russell, Hickstead, In Style, Marius, Connaught...ah hell who wouldn't you want in your barn might be a better question to pose.

Wellspotted
Aug. 18, 2008, 10:09 PM
On second thought, if I were about 12 years old, I might bug Hinrich to give me a ride on Marius.

Pony+ an inch
Aug. 18, 2008, 10:17 PM
Agree with above poster, Cumano. And I too would be flung to the ground over a 3' vertical but I'd take the chance. What an absolutely amazing horse. If a US rider can't win, I'm pulling for him. Oh and Edwina Alexander's horse, love it.

See, my grand plan is to somehow marry Jos Lansink so I get to drool over, pat, perhaps ride, and most likely fall off going around a little 3'6'', all of his incredibly sexy stallions. That black stallion he was on at Aachen earlier this year still haunts my dreams. rawr.

Is there a title for gals like me? Pony Digger? I dunno...

And on a completely different note, I really want to learn how to swear flagrantly in another language. Darn four years of latin.

Portia
Aug. 18, 2008, 10:25 PM
I thought you meant if you could bug them -- as in stick a listening device into their stalls -- and find out what they talk about when the people go away! :lol:

Equa
Aug. 18, 2008, 11:15 PM
Hobby du Mee - or any of the Irish eventers. I don't really like going too fast on XC, and I love horses that eat up big oxers for breakfast. Satchmo AND Salinero. And Shutterfly (except I don't think anyone else can ride him).

HorseSoGreen
Aug. 18, 2008, 11:19 PM
Absolutely, positively no contest! Cedric!!

CoolMeadows
Aug. 18, 2008, 11:34 PM
Heh, Portia I thought the same thing. Can we have more than one? I'll take Sapphire, Cedric, Hickstead and Ravel. And then bug the snot out of them all by trying to ride them.

Roxy SM
Aug. 19, 2008, 12:13 AM
Definitely Hickstead and Carlsson Vom Dach. Both look like a blast to ride, but also difficult so it is probably best if they stay with their awesome current riders.

rightangles
Aug. 19, 2008, 01:28 AM
I would settle for a breeding to him but I think I would be kind of scared I would screw up such a nice horse to do more than just hack around on him. He does look easy but the pros make alot a horses look easy.

I did get the pleasure of hacking around on my other fav Gem Twist years ago. Never would have thunk it when I saw him win the silver .

Sebastian
Aug. 19, 2008, 01:59 AM
Hands down -- CUMANO! (Bugs and all... :winkgrin: )

Seb :)

spotted mustang
Aug. 19, 2008, 05:11 AM
I'd get Marius with Hinni on board. Hinni can clean my teeth and then give me riding lessons on Marius.

DownYonder
Aug. 19, 2008, 05:32 AM
I'd take Don Schufro if he came with Andreas and unlimited breeding rights.

Unlimited breeding rights to Don Schufro, or to Andreas? :lol:

As for me, I would take Balagur for a schoolmaster, and Don Schufro for breeding.

showjumper2009
Aug. 19, 2008, 11:22 AM
Another vote for Cumano *drool*
and then Cedric, he looks like my kind of ride

tx3dayeventer
Aug. 19, 2008, 11:24 AM
Can I add Ravel to my list consisting of Headley Britannia ??

Although I would keep Steffen Peters in the tack until he had racked up tons of cool ribbons and medals and stuff and THEN I would ride him and let him cart me around upper level dressage :D Maybe he likes jumping and would want to become an event horse?? That would be cool!!! I could totally win the dressage phase! :D

J-Lu
Aug. 19, 2008, 11:34 AM
DownYonder said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Lu http://www.chronicleforums.com/Forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.chronicleforums.com/Forum/showthread.php?p=3454568#post3454568)
I'd take Don Schufro if he came with Andreas and unlimited breeding rights.

Unlimited breeding rights to Don Schufro, or to Andreas? :lol:

As for me, I would take Balagur for a schoolmaster, and Don Schufro for breeding.

Both! :D

Wellspotted
Aug. 19, 2008, 12:21 PM
I would settle for a breeding to him but I think I would be kind of scared I would screw up such a nice horse to do more than just hack around on him. He does look easy but the pros make alot a horses look easy.

I did get the pleasure of hacking around on my other fav Gem Twist years ago. Never would have thunk it when I saw him win the silver .

Come on, now, you have got to tell us all about that hack! What was it like? What was he like?

Miss T
Aug. 19, 2008, 12:44 PM
I commented to my hubby on that one - California is her name. Has the homeliest face that only a mother could love, but what a trooper! The rider was all over the place and that mare just kept on marching around. Love her! (And I have NEVER liked mares - or greys really).
Of course, the fact that I haven't even sat on a horse in 25 years could pose a problem.

SGray
Aug. 19, 2008, 12:55 PM
Whisper S - despite the spook

hijumpin1
Aug. 19, 2008, 12:57 PM
I'd like to buy Shutterfly for my jumper and Salinero for my dressage horse, along with a lifetime supply of Sadl-tite.

La Gringa
Aug. 19, 2008, 01:02 PM
I am going to add Special Ed and Saphire to my list. Could you imagine having Saphire in your barn to do embryo transfers??? I hope they do breed that mare.... with that talent.

Imagine her with Hickstead.... what a baby!! Woo Hooo....

:winkgrin:

La Gringa
Aug. 19, 2008, 01:03 PM
Another vote for Cumano *drool*
and then Cedric, he looks like my kind of ride

I love Cumano too. I have really liked him since the World Championships. I love his stocky strong body type... looks like fun to ride!!!

Mozart
Aug. 19, 2008, 01:14 PM
If I could "bug" any Olympic horse...probably Satchmo. Maybe Authentic. Would like to know what both of those horses were thinking!

If I could "buy"?
Balagur for dressage (altough he might be a bit short for me) and California for the jumpers. They both look like I might actually be able to ride them!

FullCircleTraining
Aug. 19, 2008, 01:50 PM
II'd take Don Schufro if he came with Andreas and unlimited breeding rights.

Breeding rights to which of the two? :lol: :lol: Sorry - probably inappropriate on the forum, but I couldn't resist.

FatDinah
Aug. 19, 2008, 02:21 PM
Any of those mares in the Eventing, but especially the French one, Ismene du Temple.

tx3dayeventer
Aug. 19, 2008, 02:25 PM
Any of those mares in the Eventing, but especially the French one, Ismene du Temple.

You can't have Headley Britannia!!! She is mine!!!!!!!!!! And I dont share well, only-child syndrome, you know :lol: :lol: :lol:

*tx3dayeventer hoards Headley Britannia and puts up a security fence around her barn & arena with armed guards that carry AK-47's to keep everyone away from HER mare* :lol:

eclipse
Aug. 19, 2008, 02:27 PM
I'll take me some of that Hickstead........small & hot! (hey, just like the rider :lol:)

I also really liked the smallish, chestnut (name escapes me) horse one of the Australian's was riding ......saved her butt over some large fences & just kept on trucking!

tx3dayeventer
Aug. 19, 2008, 02:28 PM
I'll take me some of that Hickstead........small & hot! (hey, just like the rider :lol:)

I also really liked the smallish, chestnut (name escapes me) horse one of the Australian's was riding ......saved her butt over some large fences & just kept on trucking!

That was Edwina's horse. Fancy little jumper and cute as a bug.

War Admiral
Aug. 19, 2008, 02:29 PM
Authentic and Poggio II for me, thank you.

J-Lu
Aug. 19, 2008, 03:20 PM
Breeding rights to which of the two? :lol: :lol: Sorry - probably inappropriate on the forum, but I couldn't resist.

Like I said, both! For riding when I'm not riding.

[Who said that? :cool:]

Of course it's appropriate - it's *completely horse related*, Olympics related, even. I swear. :D:D

J-Lu
Aug. 19, 2008, 03:22 PM
I guess if I could 'bug' any horse, it would be Salinero. Anky talks to Sjef so much after her rides - I'd love to know what they talk about. I guess I'd need a translator, too.

justalittlex
Aug. 19, 2008, 03:33 PM
no mention of Rufus? and an odd name for Pessoa's elegant horse.

Diva98
Aug. 19, 2008, 06:04 PM
Sapphire is my hands down favorite ... I just love that mare.

I also have fallen in love with Cedric throughout the Olympics - he looks like a little pony going around the course - and that jump! :eek: :)

I also second whoever said California from the Japanese team. She looked like such a good schoolmaster ... probably the only one of those horses I would have a chance staying on! ;)

This was also my first time really waching eventing ... and I must say that I fell in love with McKinlaigh, so I will take him too! :D

lesson junkie
Aug. 19, 2008, 07:31 PM
So does that mean I get Courageous Comet all to myself?? Goody-hack class blue ribbon here we come!

CBoylen
Aug. 19, 2008, 08:00 PM
I like the original question better. I had visions of listening to Eric muttering sweet nothings en francais into Hicksteads ear while flying around the course. Or Ludger cursing in German. Anyone catch that expletive upon leaving the ring after one of his rounds? Can't say I blame him though.

The original question made me laugh. I remember a long time ago they took a bunch of GP riders to Busch Gardens to get some footage to show during the broadcast of the invitational. The crew said someone had to wear a recorder while on the rollercoaster. All the riders looked at each other, and then everyone pointed to Laura Chapot. They figured she was the only one who could manage to keep to TV-appropriate language. :D

Bedazzle
Aug. 19, 2008, 08:23 PM
What about Quintus from the Ukraine......OMG I think my heart melted. :p

Anne FS
Aug. 19, 2008, 09:19 PM
I'd bug all the head shakers and refusers to find out what really happened. And I'd bug a lot of the lesser-known horses to hear their reactions to that SJ course:

"Holy oat buckets! What the h*** is THAT?!"
"S of a B****. I HATE triples. There's ALWAYS a triple."
"omg, my rider is freaking terrifed. heehee, let's speed it up a little. WHEE-E-E-E-E!!!!"
"I saved your hiney that time, buddy. 'Olympian' my ***."

:D

Sundown
Aug. 19, 2008, 09:57 PM
CEDRIC! I love that horse! Then Sapphire and Shutterfly. If I could ride them!

gchildean
Aug. 19, 2008, 10:26 PM
I would take Connaught even though he probably would jump my butt out of the tack everytime. Honestly, I have know idea how PD stays with that horse, He is such an amazing jumper.

jetsetter
Aug. 19, 2008, 11:27 PM
Hickstead would be my #1 pick..... but i would love to try Will Simpson's horse Carlsson Vom Dach! What can I say I have always been a sucker for the "hot" horses!

msrobin
Aug. 19, 2008, 11:34 PM
Cumano that horse is just incredible. Gives me chills just watching him.
I also love Briar he is gorgeous.

Minaret
Aug. 20, 2008, 12:49 AM
Balagur.

And I don't even like dressage. But I would love to feel that piaffe, just once even. Then I'd slather the poor dear with SPF45 and have him fitted for Maui Jims....

The Allah Jebet (?) horse looks like he'd keep me out of the hospital over half way sane fences.

Shrapnel
Aug. 20, 2008, 12:56 AM
I would buy Marius for sure!!!!!!!! :yes: Love that horse!!

Bluehorsesjp
Aug. 20, 2008, 02:06 AM
As much as I love Shutterfly, Cedric, Hickstead, Authentic and all the other super stars I am pretty sure my owning them for ME to ride would be pointless, so I will go with some of the lesser horses who would help my amateur butt make it up to the grand prix level......

Like California from the Japanese team or Can Do from the Hong Kong team (Yep you will have to go back to the very first round to see him)
I also would like Edwina's horse.

chukkerchild
Aug. 20, 2008, 11:08 AM
I think it would be awesome if we could get these horses and stage a mini-Olympics with all us ammie riders... most hilarious thing ever! I can just see myself cantering to the first jump on Hickstead, TOTALLY missing the spot and flying right over his head... or miraculously finding the spot and getting blown out of the saddle by his jump.... or if I managed to land, most likely out of balance and awkwardly, him just grabbing the bit, taking off and leaving me there!!

And then the announcer could say something like, "Hmm, this relatively inviting 1.4m fence has been causing some unexpected difficulties in this Olympics!"

rabicon
Aug. 20, 2008, 01:29 PM
ummm, Shutterfly, Saphire, Hickstead, Cedric, Mandiba, Connaught, Britannia, Heck I'll take them all :lol:

mythical84
Aug. 20, 2008, 03:57 PM
I'll take Marius. Just about the cutest horse ever.

J-Lu
Aug. 20, 2008, 06:32 PM
I think it would be awesome if we could get these horses and stage a mini-Olympics with all us ammie riders... most hilarious thing ever! I can just see myself cantering to the first jump on Hickstead, TOTALLY missing the spot and flying right over his head... or miraculously finding the spot and getting blown out of the saddle by his jump.... or if I managed to land, most likely out of balance and awkwardly, him just grabbing the bit, taking off and leaving me there!!

And then the announcer could say something like, "Hmm, this relatively inviting 1.4m fence has been causing some unexpected difficulties in this Olympics!"

Better yet, you can stage the ammie mini-Olympics - like miniature golf is to golf. I'd love the opportunity to take Authentic over a 2"9" course. It would still be dramatic. Authentic would rub rails out of sheer boredom. He'd drop them as I kept him on the forehand speeding around the jump-off course. Beezie would be teary-eyed after my rides having to calculate how many rides it would take for her to fix what I undid in the ammie mini-Olympics. Yes, the thrill of vicory and the agony of defeat. Ammie-style. :yes:

justalittlex
Aug. 20, 2008, 07:15 PM
Funny about Authentic. I'd actually pick Authentic as my ride, if I were given my one wish to ride a Grand Prix course, once in my life. I figure if the horse will jump fences with no one on him, as he did at the World Cup, (I've got the right horse, don't I?) then maybe even with me on him we just might get over the fences.