PDA

View Full Version : Beezer's Gold Medal for Saint Horsie of the Olympic Games Goes to ...

Beezer
Aug. 16, 2008, 05:06 AM
The appropriately named show jumper Aladin, of Egypt. :yes:

OK, so he jumped by Braille. But what a very, very good boy, who just kept on keeping on, no matter where in the middle of a jump he was stuck. All with ears up, eyes bright and no middle finger (hoof?) flipped at his circumstances.

All I kept thinking was, "Hot damn! Finally an Olympic-caliber horse I could actually ride!!" :D :lol: :D

Therefore, if anyone would like to gift me, Beezer -- an aging, bionic-kneed (complete with the incredible array of scars and the lack of airport security screening clearance to prove it), tad on the large side (but always hoping and trying for improvement!), half-blind but willing! adult ammie -- with this gold-medal-deserving saint of a horse, I promise to provide him with an unlimited supply of peppermints, a much less demanding show schedule, endless shoulder scritches and heartfelt THANKS for what I am sure would be innumerable instances of saving my butt.

And your gold medal goes to ... ?

willowoodstables
Aug. 16, 2008, 07:55 AM
The light chestnut stallion ridden by the 21 yr old guy from Brazil?????? I think.

This stud was pretty and made the ride look like a point and shoot horse (ala c/a hunter) but holy moly scope a roonie!

Kim

Eyemadonkee
Aug. 16, 2008, 10:30 AM
All of those horses ridden by the Chinese... I think their riders need to spend some time in Europe or the US... those horses were SO kind and forgiving.

Renn/aissance
Aug. 16, 2008, 10:56 AM
I missed Aladin's round. :( But I think that Brentina soldiered on very well and she gets my Saint Pony award!

FancyFree
Aug. 16, 2008, 12:29 PM
I missed Aladin's round. :( But I think that Brentina soldiered on very well and she gets my Saint Pony award!

Oh definitely Saint Brentina. I hope she's going to enjoy the retirement she so rightly deserves. What a super horse.

ChampionMercedes
Aug. 16, 2008, 02:53 PM
I agree with you on Aladin. He'd be a wonderiful 3'6" ammy or kids horse to move up with. Worth his weight in gold that one.

dressagetraks
Aug. 16, 2008, 03:01 PM
Brentina. No question.

buryinghill4
Aug. 16, 2008, 03:05 PM
Chinese eventer. That is one kind soul!

Bugs-n-Frodo
Aug. 16, 2008, 03:18 PM
Brentina, no doubts!

Coreene
Aug. 17, 2008, 03:38 PM
All of those horses ridden by the Chinese... I think their riders need to spend some time in Europe or the US... those horses were SO kind and forgiving.Europe is where most of the non-US and Canadian riders are based. One Dutch jumper trainer has five or six customers, all from different countries, competing in HK.

Kenike
Aug. 17, 2008, 03:50 PM
Who was it that kept getting buried at the fences, but still jumped? Despite most of the jumping actually being THROUGH the fence? Had something absurd like 62 faults? Was that Alladin?

Because that's MY saint horsie pick. :yes:

Beezer
Aug. 18, 2008, 01:44 AM
Who was it that kept getting buried at the fences, but still jumped? Despite most of the jumping actually being THROUGH the fence? Had something absurd like 62 faults? Was that Alladin?

Because that's MY saint horsie pick. :yes:

That would be the most wondrous Aladin. :yes: :lol: :yes: I really think he deserves to be in my back yard.