PDA

View Full Version : 2nd half of dressage has begun!!!

Pages : [1] 2

TeddyRocks
Aug. 14, 2008, 07:30 AM
Is anyone up watching it? Any thoughts so far... Spain's rider just finished with a cute PRE, (though I personally like RocieroXV better...), and now Canada's Jacqueline Brooks is in the ring... Any comments?

Early I know... But someone has to be up and watching... :-)

ridgeback
Aug. 14, 2008, 07:33 AM
Is anyone up watching it? Any thoughts so far... Spain's rider just finished with a cute PRE, (though I personally like RocieroXV better...), and now Canada's Jacqueline Brooks is in the ring... Any comments?

Early I know... But someone has to be up and watching... :-)

When does Nadine go in the ring? Jacqueline got a 63.750, what happened?

Mardi
Aug. 14, 2008, 07:37 AM
Good Morning from Southern California - 4:37 am !

Kwill
Aug. 14, 2008, 07:38 AM
I am here ...

and Nadine went first yesterday.

ridgeback
Aug. 14, 2008, 07:38 AM
Good Morning from Southern California - 4:37 am !

You are dedicated:D Where is everyone?

ridgeback
Aug. 14, 2008, 07:39 AM
I am here ...

and Nadine went first yesterday.

What am I missing? http://results.beijing2008.cn/WRM/ENG/INF/EQ/C73DA/EQX401100.shtml#EQX401102

Mardi
Aug. 14, 2008, 07:41 AM
at 7:38 pm HK time....

Temp: 84F or 29C

"Real Feel": 95F or 35C

Humidity: 83%

Wind: 10 mph

tlw
Aug. 14, 2008, 07:41 AM
I can't seem to get it this morning. I get other live feeds but not the equestrian. Anybody else having problems?

dressagetraks
Aug. 14, 2008, 07:45 AM
Ah, here you are. Help out those of us who can't watch. What's happening?

Kwill
Aug. 14, 2008, 07:46 AM
The French horse is fancy .... very dramatic front end! An older Hanoverian, apparently.

Mardi
Aug. 14, 2008, 07:47 AM
French rider Julia Chevanne in the ring now.

ridgeback
Aug. 14, 2008, 07:48 AM
When does CAPELLMANN Nadine ELVIS VA GO?

RunningwaterWBs
Aug. 14, 2008, 07:49 AM
I'm here watching in Connecticut. Cappelmann and Elvis are up next, after the French rider.

ridgeback
Aug. 14, 2008, 07:50 AM
I'm here watching in Connecticut. Cappelmann and Elvis are up next, after the French rider.

Please give us a blow by blow:)

freestyle2music
Aug. 14, 2008, 07:50 AM
Our Princes from Danmark had a lovely ride score 70.417%

Danmark second now in the team-standings

Elegante E
Aug. 14, 2008, 07:54 AM
Going to be a multiple coffee morning.

French rider just finished. She doesn't look very happy. First part of her test she was pulling hard but then things came together better for the second part.

Is it just the camera angle or does everyone go for the last piafe before reaching the letter?

LLove the chestnut in the ring now. Oops, no piafe but oh well.

ridgeback
Aug. 14, 2008, 07:55 AM
Ok I'm not watching but I do have a question...World Cup and Weg it seems the judges are generous with their scores so what's up at the Olympics? Are the rides that bad or are the judges being tough or???

TeddyRocks
Aug. 14, 2008, 07:55 AM
Going to be a multiple coffee morning.

French rider just finished. She doesn't look very happy. First part of her test she was pulling hard but then things came together better for the second part.

Is it just the camera angle or does everyone go for the last piafe before reaching the letter?

LLove the chestnut in the ring now.

It's Elvis... :-)

ridgeback
Aug. 14, 2008, 07:57 AM
When does Debbie go...

ridgeback
Aug. 14, 2008, 07:59 AM
Wow no one is rocking things....How was Nadine I see she got a 70+ OMG could it be the U.S. year?

TeddyRocks
Aug. 14, 2008, 08:01 AM

Now Bernadette Pujals (sp) and Vincent in the ring...

Eyemadonkee
Aug. 14, 2008, 08:02 AM
Elvis is GORGEOUS!!! WOW. His piaffe kinda sucked (more like walking in place), but everything else looked GREAT!

Mardi
Aug. 14, 2008, 08:02 AM
Debbie goes at 5:15 (USA) Pacific time

Anky at 5:40

Elegante E
Aug. 14, 2008, 08:03 AM
Is Elvis a bit stiff in the shoulders? His front legs looked jerky in the walk. Despite his faults, he's a cutie. Thought the score was a bit high since there was no piafe but the overall work was nice.

RunningwaterWBs
Aug. 14, 2008, 08:05 AM
Wow. I thought Cappelmann had one of the best tests yet, but she only got a 70.083. I'm surprised. Maybe I'm just startstruck by Elvis. I adore him.

Now it's Bernadette Pujals from Mexico on Vincent. Isn't this the rider who almost lost this horse in her divorce? I think the only thing she wanted -- and got -- in her divorce was Vincent.

They look beautiful together. The horse looks VERY expressive in the trot.

ridgeback
Aug. 14, 2008, 08:08 AM
Debbie goes at 5:15 (USA) Pacific time

Anky at 5:40

Thank you Thank you

RunningwaterWBs
Aug. 14, 2008, 08:09 AM
There's a Spanish rider up next, then it's Debbie MacDonald, then a break, then Anky.

69.208 for Pujals.

Kwill
Aug. 14, 2008, 08:11 AM
That was a lovely ride by the Mexican rider, and she did get a 69. Very nice horse.

sorry about the Nadine thing, a horse named Nadine went first yesterday!

dressagetraks
Brentina and Salinero back to back. There's a contrast. :)

ridgeback
There's a Spanish rider up next, then it's Debbie MacDonald, then a break, then Anky.

69.208 for Pujals.

Oh my I'm so nervous:D What time does Isabell go?

J-Lu
Aug. 14, 2008, 08:13 AM
Anyone else having trouble with the live feed for dressage? I can get other events, but not dressage. Ironic.

freestyle2music
Aug. 14, 2008, 08:15 AM
I don't understand judging anymore. Bernadette had a super ride on Vincent (he reminds me of Goliath from Arjen Teeuwissen). Except for the last AC-line it was almost flawless.

Nadine & Elvis lost tons off points in the Pa-Pi-Pa tour.

Theo

Eyemadonkee
Aug. 14, 2008, 08:16 AM
I'm not a fan of the horse that is going now (Domingo's horse). He gets very rushed in his transitions. He's a nice mover and very flashy, though.

It is amazing how many of these horses aren't really straight coming down centerline.

Kwill
Aug. 14, 2008, 08:17 AM
Prestige is really a stunning horse for Spain. don't know how he will score, but he's nice to look at!

dressagetraks
Aug. 14, 2008, 08:17 AM
Well, darn it. The work server crashed right before Debbie's test, so we have to just sit around waiting for them to tweak it so we can work again. Gee, wonder what I could do to pass the time? :D

Kwill
Aug. 14, 2008, 08:19 AM
I'm not a fan of the horse that is going now (Domingo's horse). He gets very rushed in his transitions. He's a nice mover and very flashy, though.

It is amazing how many of these horses aren't really straight coming down centerline.

You called it but he's still pretty =)

ridgeback
I don't understand judging anymore. Bernadette had a super ride on Vincent (he reminds me of Goliath from Arjen Teeuwissen). Except for the last AC-line it was almost flawless.

Nadine & Elvis lost tons off points in the Pa-Pi-Pa tour.

Theo

I think you are right on when you said they need 10 judges and to drop the high and low score.. :yes:

RunningwaterWBs
He's another Ferro son. They got a 64.042

Debbie's up!

Elegante E
Ok, I'm fickle, forget Elvis, I want Prestige. The man riding ain't so bad either.

Hey, someone explain his low score? Not complaining, just didn't see why it was that low. Did he miss something?

Eyemadonkee
Aug. 14, 2008, 08:27 AM
I wasn't incredibly impressed with Debbie's ride... the poor horse is huffing and puffing so bad too!!! :(

ridgeback
Aug. 14, 2008, 08:27 AM
70.208 (4) 72.083 (1) 69.375 Dutch (7) 68.750 German (10) 71.875German (2) 70.458

Courtney's scores from yesterday..Do you think the Dutch and German's wanted to make sure the U.S. doesn't take Gold? SIGH

Kwill
Aug. 14, 2008, 08:28 AM
OMG a 63!!

I thought she had a perfect piaffe .... what happened?

I just heard her apologizing to the team as well. She clearly wasn't happy with it.

ridgeback
Aug. 14, 2008, 08:28 AM
Lord what happened to debbie?

RunningwaterWBs
Aug. 14, 2008, 08:29 AM
Debbie looked about to cry at the halt. "Sorry, guys," she said when she got off, "I'm so sorry."

Did anyone else think Brentina looked uneven in front, especially at the beginning of the test? It seemed to me that she was extending her LF further than her right. It seemed to improve through the test.

Elegante E
Aug. 14, 2008, 08:29 AM
Did you hear Debbie apologize after the ride? Something spooked Betina at the end and the canter pirouettes went bad as did the last extended trot. Bummer. Still, she had the only piafes with suspension that I've seen so far. Lovely pair despite their flaws.

TeddyRocks
Aug. 14, 2008, 08:30 AM
That will hurt... Deb got a 63%... And she said at the end "I'm sorry guys, I'm so sorry..."

May not have been their best but they are still truly a great partnership, and "_ _ it happens..."

ridgeback
Aug. 14, 2008, 08:31 AM
That will hurt... Deb got a 63%... And she said at the end "I'm sorry guys, I'm so sorry..."

May not have been their best but they are still truly a great partnership, and "_ _ it happens..."

OMG that makes me sad, I got tears in my eyes after reading this...:no:

onthebit
Aug. 14, 2008, 08:32 AM
I thought there were a couple of mistakes at the end but overall the test was nice? I liked Elvis but thought his test definitely had some flaws as well . . . but I am not a dressage rider.

yaya
Aug. 14, 2008, 08:32 AM
Brentina looked majorly uneven in the extended trots. Lots of hesitation with one diagonal pair. The last extended trot really didn't even happen. The mare got really tense.

railmom
Aug. 14, 2008, 08:33 AM
I thought Brentina looked a wee bit off at the start, but evened out......

dressagetraks
Great partnership, lovely piaffe, but Brentina looked flat to me and really huffing, too. Seemed like maybe the heat/air were bothering her more than some of the others. Poor Debbie, apologizing to the team. How old is Brentina? She just quite didn't look like herself out there, although she was still willing, bless her.

Eyemadonkee
Brentina looked majorly uneven in the extended trots. Lots of hesitation with one diagonal pair. The last extended trot really didn't even happen. The mare got really tense.

That's what I thought.

slc2
As long as the breathing is in rhythm with the stride it is not a sign of a problem of fitness, some of the noise of breathing is just the horse being excited...that said, the horses still appear to be breathing hard - all of them. To me it says they're fit but the lack of air circulation in that stadium and the humidity is taking its toll. There is no air flow in the place, it's down in a hollow.

But Debbie did NOT have a good ride, not like she needed to. Did you hear what she said when she came out? "I'm sorry, I am so sorry, guys". It was not a good test. Some of the extensions were uneven and the last one at the trot was hard to figure out.

Kwill
She seemed to have basically one speed ... and the canter pirouettes weren't great ... perhaps that was the issue. It was still a lovely ride and some elements were brilliant. I wish Brentina the best of luck in her retirement!

Anky up next.

J-Lu
Aug. 14, 2008, 08:34 AM
Well, as much as I can see throught the tiny window starlight is giving me, Brentina doesn't look as fit as she used to. Her haunches are moving alot and she's making alot of balance errors. Oh well!

onthebit
Aug. 14, 2008, 08:34 AM
Brentina was definitely breathing hard, no question.

TeddyRocks
Aug. 14, 2008, 08:35 AM

Very sad... That is not the way she wanted to end her career I'm sure... But being a "positive person", she'll realize what she has done with Bretinia all these years and be happy once again... UGH.

Go Steffan!

railmom
What a super, super mare and a great team! I am looking forward to her retirement ceremony at the World Cup :) Hopefully she will have some great babies!

Cooper
She looked uneven in the extensions, shades of her go at WEG in Aachen, I hope she is okay.

onthebit
I am looking forward to Anky's ride after the break.

Mardi
Brentina came in looking so relaxed and in her element.

Then became tense as test progessed...most unusual.

Spanish rider Jordi Domingo and Prestige - I thought Presitge had been sold to New Zealand or some place far from Europe ?

dressagetraks
Aug. 14, 2008, 08:36 AM
Yeah, the extensions just didn't happen.

Poor Debbie and Brentina. But thanks for everything. :yes:

XHalt
Aug. 14, 2008, 08:36 AM
Poor Debbie. Brentina started getting edgy at the worst time, there's a lot of points right at the end of the GP. :( Let's see what Steffan can do!! If anyone can make it happen, it's him.

Dutch Girl
Aug. 14, 2008, 08:37 AM
NBC's site keeps telling me there is a problem with the video. I can't watch is anyone else having troubles?

Pony+ an inch
Aug. 14, 2008, 08:37 AM
Not really a dressage expert but gosh it bums me out... she had some of her usual shining moments but even her extended canter seemed extraordinarily tense along with the extended trot (or lack of in the 2nd half of the test). Dressage buffs: will she make it through on individuals??

Mardi
Aug. 14, 2008, 08:38 AM
Brentina was definitely breathing hard, no question.

Tough weather for heavy warmbloods. :(

ridgeback
Very sad... That is not the way she wanted to end her career I'm sure... But being a "positive person", she'll realize what she has done with Bretinia all these years and be happy once again... UGH.

Go Steffan!

I'm such a sap I'm still tearing up..My heart breaks for her that she felt she had to apology like that..Debbie is first class in my book!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yes:

dressagetraks
I only caught that one ride, due to a very conveniently placed work server down blip (REALLY, I swear), but the feed loaded right up for me and ran without problems.

onthebit
Aug. 14, 2008, 08:39 AM
Unfortunately I had to answer the phone during the last bit of her test. I noticed the bobble in the pirouttes but couldn't really pay too much attention. What a bummer after such a great start from Courtney.

onthebit
NBC's site keeps telling me there is a problem with the video. I can't watch is anyone else having troubles?

I haven't had trouble (yet) this morning. Edited to add I tried watching the eventing live feed without silverlight and it did not work well at all so I downloaded silverlight.

Sudi's Girl

Oh how disappointing for her!! She just sounds like she feels horrible - I want to cry for her too!! :cry:

RunningwaterWBs
Aug. 14, 2008, 08:40 AM
I think a 63 will keep them out of the individual competition, as only the to 25 get to go. Am I correct in thinking this?

katherine w
Aug. 14, 2008, 08:40 AM
I do not have the live feed and can only speculate but could she be saying "sorry" because Brentina is lame and therefor will not continue in competition? Please do not take this as me saying that she is, its just based on everyone's observations here.

magnolia73
Aug. 14, 2008, 08:41 AM
Oh- that must have been heartbreaking for the pair. It really did not look quite right. I assume they will not be top 25.

yaya
Aug. 14, 2008, 08:43 AM
She is currently 21st, with many more riders to go. I don't think they'll be making the Special.

She is apologizing because her score basically takes us out of the medals, unless some of the anchor riders for the Dutch, Germans, and Danes really blow it.

ridgeback
I do not have the live feed and can only speculate but could she be saying "sorry" because Brentina is lame and therefor will not continue in competition? Please do not take this as me saying that she is, its just based on everyone's observations here.

Why would she be riding a lame horse?

Forte
Brentina looked very irregular at times. Particularly at the end of the test she was snatching her hind legs in a very strange way. I'm always surprised that people love her piaffe. To me she does not sit at all. Nevertheless, a great mare and a great partnership.

onthebit
Anky is up!

Reynard Ridge
Aug. 14, 2008, 08:44 AM
I think a 63 will keep them out of the individual competition, as only the to 25 get to go. Am I correct in thinking this?

She's in 21st right now, with something like 15 rides left to go. Including most of the team anchors, I believe. So, it seems unlikely.

nomorecold
Aug. 14, 2008, 08:44 AM
My stupid live feed is buffering, and buffering, and buffering....:mad:

dressagetraks
Aug. 14, 2008, 08:45 AM
I noticed too that they unsaddled Brentina practically immediately outside the arena. In the few tests I saw on the replay from yesterday finding Courtney's ride, I did not notice anyone else being quite as quick on the draw, some riders running up stirrups and loosening girths, but didn't see anyone else totally strip the horse right there. Have the others been unsaddling this fast? I think the horse was feeling the weather more than some others have.

Even if they qualified, I would be surprised if Debbie went in the individual.

pophorse
Aug. 14, 2008, 08:47 AM
too bad for Brentina and Debbie!
I think team USA will unfortunately be out of the medals.
Gary Rockwell seems to have had a bit of the nationalistic judging streak, the rest of the panel had them 20th and he had them 12th..........

ridgeback
Aug. 14, 2008, 08:47 AM
I noticed too that they unsaddled Brentina practically immediately outside the arena. In the few tests I saw on the replay from yesterday finding Courtney's ride, I did not notice anyone else being quite as quick on the draw, some riders running up stirrups and loosening girths, but didn't see anyone else totally strip the horse right there. Have the others been unsaddling this fast? I think the horse was feeling the weather more than some others have.

Even if they qualified, I would be surprised if Debbie went in the individual.

Oh no I hope she's not sick.....

Eyemadonkee
Aug. 14, 2008, 08:48 AM
wow Salinero gives me goosebumps.

Dutch Girl
Aug. 14, 2008, 08:50 AM
Mine too! This is so frustrating!

onthebit
Aug. 14, 2008, 08:51 AM
Again I am not a dressage rider but it never really looked like he halted at the end?

ridgeback
Aug. 14, 2008, 08:52 AM
OMG the battle begins...when does Isabell go?

RunningwaterWBs
74.75 for Anky. Isabel has her work cut out for her.

AKDragooPhoto
Anky - 75.750

ridgeback
Aug. 14, 2008, 08:53 AM
Ok I'm not a math wiz so what does Isabell have to get for the German's to take Gold?

Kwill
We have seen the master ... 74%.

What a piaffe! Everything was amazing.

ridgeback
Anky - 75.750

onthebit
Uh Oh.

TeddyRocks
Aug. 14, 2008, 08:54 AM
wow Salinero gives me goosebumps.

Now, shouldn't that have scored higher? Or did I miss something... LOVED the canter pirouettes, the one tempis and the umm... whole test... :lol:

Elegante E
Aug. 14, 2008, 08:54 AM
Hey, Anky can halt...on the entry at least. Does that mean they'll get 90%, snark snark? Oh wow, I thought they'd score her higher. Still a great score for a nice ride.

Did Anky have much exstended trot? Just couldn't tell.

Oh, the andi just reared.

dressagetraks
Aug. 14, 2008, 08:55 AM
Anky doesn't have to halt. :D

J-Lu
Aug. 14, 2008, 08:55 AM

Me too. The only way I can watch this is through the "control room" option on the software

Elegante E
Aug. 14, 2008, 08:56 AM
He just excused himself. Bummer.

onthebit
Hey, Anky can halt...on the entry at least. Does that mean they'll get 90%, snark snark? Oh wow, I thought they'd score her higher. Still a great score for a nice ride.

Did Anky have much exstended trot? Just couldn't tell.

Oh, the andi just reared.

I don't know what you mean about the halt thing?

Salinero has so much knee action up front. I mean I would certainly take him if someone offered me the ride (ROFLMAO) but there have been other horses I liked better as far as their way of going.

slc2
He halted enough :D

OH MY GOD. That was just - OH MY GOD.

The smallest pirouettes of the day, the least advance in piaffe, the best of all. The Germans will have to rig the judging to beat that, and he very well may.

The next rider there were some horrible noises in the stadium during his test, and it terrified the horse, he retired. OH God that was so unfair!!! How horrible. The stadium managers should be shot. It was his chance to do his thing, and it was completely ruined. He showed so much care for his horse and just excused himself. He rode thru it very well.

Dutch Girl
Aug. 14, 2008, 08:57 AM
what's the control room option? I don't see it.

Kwill
I think dressage people should make Anky jokes like gamers make Chuck Norris jokes.

"anky doesn't have to gather hay, it just collects itself for her."

Elegante E
[QUOTE=onthebit;3442259]I don't know what you mean about the halt thing?

QUOTE]

They didn't used to halt at all so she must have worked on it. Had a lovely halt entering, not a real one at the end. It's an improvement

ridgeback
Aug. 14, 2008, 08:58 AM
This could be the Dutch's year I heard this is a horrible arena for Satchmo.. I heard Brentina was lame????

Mardi
Aug. 14, 2008, 08:58 AM
Again I am not a dressage rider but it never really looked like he halted at the end?

He rarely does.

Forte
Aug. 14, 2008, 08:59 AM
For all you americans having trouble on the NBC site, why not have a try at the CBC website. It's been working great. Of course, you'll be getting Canadian commentary.

http://www.cbc.ca/olympics/livevideo/#n=bold&p=equestrian_on_bold&e=&dt=2008/08/14_07:10%20AM&s=http://authmfile.akamai.com.edgesuite.net/akamai.stream.auth/35018/wm/cbcwm.gen/v001/reflector:12324.js

onthebit
Aug. 14, 2008, 08:59 AM
He rarely does.

Oh, ok.

Does that count as a movement not executed?

Mardi
Aug. 14, 2008, 09:00 AM
Portugese rider retires during test, and the commentator says "Very graceful of the Polish rider".

Nice !

TeddyRocks
Aug. 14, 2008, 09:00 AM
Anky doesn't have to halt. :D

Play nice children... And that is only "1" score... In an otherwise amazing go. Now all I have to say is come on Isabel!... Love their rivallry. When does Isabel go?

and of course go Steffan! Are we out of the medals then? Who do you think will take bronze?

RunningwaterWBs
Aug. 14, 2008, 09:01 AM
Lots of variables, I know, but it will be interesting to compare Briar's fitness to Brentina's, as they are the same age.

Mardi
Aug. 14, 2008, 09:01 AM
Oh, ok.

Does that count as a movement not executed?

Depends on who's judging ! :)

But for the rest of us...Yes, the final halt is part of the test.

yaya
Aug. 14, 2008, 09:03 AM
Isabel rides third to last, with a rider between her and Steffen.

Isabel 10:45 EST
Steffen 11:03 EST

ridgeback
Aug. 14, 2008, 09:03 AM
For all you americans having trouble on the NBC site, why not have a try at the CBC website. It's been working great. Of course, you'll be getting Canadian commentary.

http://www.cbc.ca/olympics/livevideo/#n=bold&p=equestrian_on_bold&e=&dt=2008/08/14_07:10%20AM&s=http://authmfile.akamai.com.edgesuite.net/akamai.stream.auth/35018/wm/cbcwm.gen/v001/reflector:12324.js

I tried it says not available in your area:( I have a new lap top and I downloaded silverlight and everytime I try and watch it locks my computer up:no:

slc2
Aug. 14, 2008, 09:04 AM
Brentina was uneven, no one knows if she is really lame or not. All you can do is comment on what you see her doing, you can't tell if there's something wrong with her or if she is just tired or not thru on the bit or what.

Re the anky halts, the halt was established sufficiently at the end, and the halt was very good at the start. There was a period in time when the horse's halts were not good, it is much better now.

Damn Brink is a quick study, there was going to be a problem with the ones and he caught it.

Lamma70
I LOVE Briar's passage!

onthebit
I haven't noticed any of the other horses huffing and puffing the way Brentina was. :(

ridgeback
Aug. 14, 2008, 09:05 AM
Ok I'm now worried for Stefan and Ravel.. That horse is so young and inexperienced lets all say a prayer that Ravel isn't bothered by that arena..

Dutch Girl
Aug. 14, 2008, 09:05 AM

Thanks but it says it is not available in my area.

Rubyfree
Aug. 14, 2008, 09:07 AM
I think dressage people should make Anky jokes like gamers make Chuck Norris jokes.

"anky doesn't have to gather hay, it just collects itself for her."

:lol:
Anky doesn't have to piaffe, the world just stops turning under her?

ridgeback
Aug. 14, 2008, 09:09 AM
Can they stuff the horses ears or is that not allowed?

RunningwaterWBs
Aug. 14, 2008, 09:09 AM
68.875 for Brink and Briar.

Reynard Ridge
Aug. 14, 2008, 09:10 AM
:lol:
Anky doesn't have to piaffe, the world just stops turning under her?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Now that was funny.

J-Lu
what's the control room option? I don't see it.

If you click on the video and it says buffering forever, click on "enlarge screen", then on the left side of that screen, click the top option "control room". It opened in there for me.

Lamma70
Wow! The judges aren't messing around during these olympics are they? Jan Brink just got a 68.875. I know he has some weak points, but I thought he would score a little higher. But, Anky only scored 74.75, so I guess it is all relative.

freestyle2music
Aug. 14, 2008, 09:12 AM
If Isabelle don't fall of her horse German will win Gold !

Elegante E
Aug. 14, 2008, 09:13 AM
Was there just an off course bell?

vineyridge
Aug. 14, 2008, 09:13 AM
Didn't Brentina have tie back surgery or something like that before the last Olympics? Maybe it's partially failed in the heat and humidity of Hong Kong. We should have had training camp in Houston or Atlanta or Florida to get the horses ready for this.

This can't take away from what a wonderful partnership those two have had over the years.

ridgeback
Aug. 14, 2008, 09:14 AM
If Isabelle don't fall of her horse German will win Gold !

He may have serious issues with the noise...but then again the German judge will take care of that:yes:

00Jumper
Aug. 14, 2008, 09:14 AM
Yeah what was that bell about? I thought she was on course, but maybe I missed something . . . she seems to think she was on course too!

Kwill
Aug. 14, 2008, 09:15 AM
Ever since our discussion yesterday, I have been watching the horses' poll positions (highest point?).

Laura B. takes the "behind the girth" aid very seriously! Her lower leg goes so far back. Great seat.

onthebit
Aug. 14, 2008, 09:15 AM
Was there just an off course bell?

yes - I was wondering what she was doing

ridgeback
Aug. 14, 2008, 09:16 AM
Denmark's coach??

Lamma70
Aug. 14, 2008, 09:17 AM
Ok I'm now worried for Stefan and Ravel.. That horse is so young and inexperienced lets all say a prayer that Ravel isn't bothered by that arena..

Oh God! I'm praying...and jingling! Go USA! Go Steffen!

Elegante E
Aug. 14, 2008, 09:19 AM
They just showed the Brittish coach say the S word. LOL. Too bad.

Edited to change an article of clothing to a person.

Dutch Girl
If you click on the video and it says buffering forever, click on "enlarge screen", then on the left side of that screen, click the top option "control room". It opened in there for me.

THANK YOU!

Lamma70
They just showed the Brittish coat say the S word. LOL. Too bad.

What happened? My video keeps buffering! Ugh!

TeddyRocks
Aug. 14, 2008, 09:21 AM
Yeah what was that bell about? I thought she was on course, but maybe I missed something . . . she seems to think she was on course too!

Lovely horse... The rider seemed thrilled at the end... She scored a 65... What do they take off for going off course?

freestyle2music
Aug. 14, 2008, 09:22 AM
I love Gary Rockwell who gave Anky and Salinero almost 78 % :D

Maybee he should join Karin Offield and come to live in Holland

dressagetraks
Aug. 14, 2008, 09:22 AM
I understand that 3-day dressage livefeed went far beyond the S word at one point. :lol:

Schiffon
Aug. 14, 2008, 09:26 AM
I liked most of Salinero's test and agree with the score. The last halt was not established. Putting all 4 feet on the ground for less than one second does not a halt make and should not be scored higher than 5. To be picky and explain why she wouldn't get an 80 or higher, her tempi changes are a little tense and the stride shortens and in the piaffe, his hind legs are unlevel.

Mistral Horis is a neat horse. Usually big tanks are not my type, but it is so nice to see an extended trot that actually goes somewhere. Pretty supple too, considering the circumstances. He'll be one to watch when he is comfortable carrying himself in the passage (my arms hurt just watching that!)

00Jumper
Aug. 14, 2008, 09:26 AM
Oh, I'm so upset for the Japanese guy - his test was so good up to that point! He's recovered pretty darn well though!

RunningwaterWBs
Aug. 14, 2008, 09:27 AM
Yup, a guy in the cooling off area after XC dropped the F-bomb. I think he was Irish. Can you say "CUT"!!! I thought it was funny.

Schiffon
Aug. 14, 2008, 09:28 AM
Laura forgot the first piaffe at G. 2 points off for the first error.

Rubyfree
Aug. 14, 2008, 09:29 AM
Hummm.... the live feed commentator said that the japanese horse "anticipated the next movement"

Anticipated right to the other side of the ring.

RhythmTempo
I saw the Portugal horse/rider in the warm up, when the camera went there to show Anky's warm up & it looked like the horse being difficut in the warm up.

I knwo it may be a reflex to gasp (or whatever) when a horse acts up but the noises the audience makes when the horses spook seems to make them spook even more.

Oh- Kyra's up!

SGray
Whisper looked like a pleasant horse to ride

Elegante E
The japanese rider made me want to cry. He was talking to his horse at walk, knowing it was scared and then it shied big. Great recovery. Lovely piafe!!!!

Mardi
Aug. 14, 2008, 09:31 AM
Remember him at Athens in 2004...so tense and young. And now so mature.

This ride though - Anky was leaning back most of the ride...never seen her do that before.

Any idea why ? It really changed the overall picture of her on the horse.

SGray
Aug. 14, 2008, 09:32 AM
a whole lot more folks in the stands today

SGray
Aug. 14, 2008, 09:33 AM
Max is not great in his piaffe - too bad

better in last one

ika
Aug. 14, 2008, 09:36 AM
Blah the Canadian feed has no commentary today. I was really enjoying listening to it yesterday while I worked.

SGray
Aug. 14, 2008, 09:36 AM
nice forward ride

Elegante E
Aug. 14, 2008, 09:37 AM
Kyra looked great. Has she lost weight ;) Great ride, max looked great.

SGray
Aug. 14, 2008, 09:37 AM
Kristy and Quando Quando up

freestyle2music
Aug. 14, 2008, 09:38 AM
Blah the Canadian feed has no commentary today. I was really enjoying listening to it yesterday while I worked.

I have searched and searched for a long time to get a channel without these annoying commentators. However on BBC Loriston Clark is doing a good job. But she has been around the block.

Theo

RunningwaterWBs
Aug. 14, 2008, 09:39 AM
Kyrklund is such a joy to watch. What a rider! 70.583 for them.

Kwill
Aug. 14, 2008, 09:40 AM
Did I just hear Kristie Oatley say whoa before her extended trot?

dressagetraks
Aug. 14, 2008, 09:41 AM
Isabel needs a 72 or 73ish, if I'm totaling things right? Barring catastrophe, I think that's a pretty good chance.

But the US is sunk on team, unless Steffan beats them all.

Germany wins, Dutch second. Who do you think takes bronze?

ika
Aug. 14, 2008, 09:43 AM
I have searched and searched for a long time to get a channel without these annoying commentators. However on BBC Loriston Clark is doing a good job. But she has been around the block.

Theo

I quite like the Canadian commentators, especially since I am mainly a jumper and only dabble in dressage, they fill me in on a lot of things I don't know because I don't follow it too closely. I am PVRing it all at home, I was just hoping to listen in today!

ridgeback
Isabel needs a 72 or 73ish, if I'm totaling things right? Barring catastrophe, I think that's a pretty good chance.

Denmark???

TeddyRocks
Kyra looked great. Has she lost weight ;) Great ride, max looked great.

Is this a horse that she has ridden for a long time? I thought it was great, and a deserved score... very nice halfpasses and changes... super tempo throughout... piaffe not super, but again the overall quality of the ride very impressive... nice! Go Kyra... 70% so they will make the cut...

Now it is an australian girl... I've never seen her ride. very impressive...

the live commentary says she rides with karin rehbein... THAT helps... :-)

S4zeus
Quando's tempi changes were beautiful. so many horses from yesterday had no hind end in their changes.

Elegante E
Aug. 14, 2008, 09:47 AM
Did I just hear Kristie Oatley say whoa before her extended trot?

Yes you did.

Schiffon
Aug. 14, 2008, 09:47 AM
But Kristy rode the zig-zag terribly. That right to left change where she left the haunches left. Shown in slo-mo, poor horse really struggled to change the lead behind.

SGray
Aug. 14, 2008, 09:48 AM
I am liking Pop Art -- really even adn level and through his body

XHalt
Aug. 14, 2008, 09:48 AM
I don't think you can count the US out yet. Steffan would need to score about 4.5 points higher than Andreas for bronze. Just a little bit of pressure!

freestyle2music
Aug. 14, 2008, 09:50 AM
Is this a horse that she has ridden for a long time? I thought it was great, and a deserved score... very nice halfpasses and changes... super tempo throughout... piaffe not super, but again the overall quality of the ride very impressive... nice! Go Kyra... 70% so they will make the cut...

Now it is an australian girl... I've never seen her ride. very impressive...

the live commentary says she rides with karin rehbein... THAT helps... :-)

Having seen Kyra for over hundred years. She is the master of correcting things in the ring. However mostly this isn't alway rewarded by the judges, who always say training have to be done at home. Never the less she is my favourite rider. Sometimes it is remarkable to see how many students she has to help at a competition, before she can mount her own horse.

onthebit
Aug. 14, 2008, 09:51 AM
Late change in the zig zag, lovely pair

XHalt
Aug. 14, 2008, 09:53 AM
Poppy looks good!

wildswan
Aug. 14, 2008, 09:53 AM
Beautiful ride for the Canadian. Anxious to see how this scores.

Eyemadonkee
Aug. 14, 2008, 09:54 AM
Pop Art has no spunk... especially in the canter... I thought he was pretty boring to watch.

ridgeback
Aug. 14, 2008, 09:54 AM
67.042 bummer

RunningwaterWBs
Aug. 14, 2008, 09:56 AM

I think it's between Sweden and Denmark. But with Andreas Hegelstrand and Don Schufro still to go for Denmark, my money's on the Danes.

He's up next after the break, so we'll soon see.

Lamma70
Aug. 14, 2008, 10:02 AM
Does anyone think it is funny that the band is playing the "Lone Ranger" theme during the break? :lol:

Sudi's Girl
Aug. 14, 2008, 10:02 AM
Thanks guys for the play-by-plays! I can't watch at work (imagine!), so this is really making my morning :-)

Elegante E
Aug. 14, 2008, 10:04 AM
I thought Pop Art had really nice piafes - suspension and lightness, no marching. The canter wasn't great. Nice ride though.

BAC
Aug. 14, 2008, 10:05 AM
Yup, a guy in the cooling off area after XC dropped the F-bomb. I think he was Irish. Can you say "CUT"!!! I thought it was funny.

That was Joe Meyer, a Kiwi I think.

Elegante E
Aug. 14, 2008, 10:06 AM
Ok, where is this band from? Do they have marching bands in Asia? It sounds like a high school or college marching band to me :)

RunningwaterWBs
Aug. 14, 2008, 10:06 AM
Does anyone think it is funny that the band is playing the "Lone Ranger" theme during the break? :lol:

YES, but if I were riding I'd be a bit pissed. Drums, horns, whistles, cymbals... not exactly soothing to most dresage horses' souls. This isn't the Super Bowl...

ridgeback
Aug. 14, 2008, 10:09 AM
Once this is all over I can't wait to read the riders interviews...

Kwill
Aug. 14, 2008, 10:10 AM
Ok, where is this band from? Do they have marching bands in Asia? It sounds like a high school or college marching band to me :)

Yesterday I heard them say the marching band was from somewhere or other. I don't think they are Asian, but not sure.

onthebit
Aug. 14, 2008, 10:16 AM
I think he missed a change behind in his one's

onthebit
Aug. 14, 2008, 10:16 AM
Love this horse.

egontoast
Aug. 14, 2008, 10:17 AM
perhaps they have some actors pretending to play the instruments while a less eye pleasing band plays behind the curtain.;)

SGray
Aug. 14, 2008, 10:18 AM
not my favorite

seems more leg than through the body

Kwill
perhaps they have some actors pretending to play the instruments while a less eye pleasing band plays behind the curtain.;)

LOL, the whole thing is CGI'd.

Elegante E
Helgstrad had a really nice ride. Not much zig or zag in the zigzag but good overall in the other movements. Piafe creeps a bit but has suspension, liked the first extended trot.

TeddyRocks
How is Andreas' ride only a 68%???

RunningwaterWBs
Aug. 14, 2008, 10:19 AM
Lovely, fluid test from Andreas. But they got a 68.833.

I think it is good enough for bronze, though.

hungryowl
THis horse is not perfect but I LOVE the way he maintains his rhythm going from collected to extended trot and back. The passage and piafffe were a little strange somehow.

XHalt
Steffan needs better than 73.167 for bronze.

railmom
Really, really handsome pair!

Kwill
Aug. 14, 2008, 10:20 AM
His female companion is carrying some kind of huge furry stuffed horse with a red hat on it.

ridgeback
Aug. 14, 2008, 10:21 AM
Steffan needs better than 73.167 for bronze.

PRAY PRAY PRAY...SEND GOOD ENERGY!!!!!

Edgewood
Aug. 14, 2008, 10:21 AM
How is Andreas' ride only a 68%???
Although he was quite relaxed, it seems he was missing some umph and expression - maybe the heat got to Don Schufro? In some of his extensions he barely overtracked at all.

Kwill
Aug. 14, 2008, 10:22 AM
On my computer this Russian horse appears to be almost completely pink.

slc2
Aug. 14, 2008, 10:23 AM
It is physically impossible for a piaffe to have 'suspension'.

SGray
Aug. 14, 2008, 10:23 AM
this pink stallion is cute

TeddyRocks
Aug. 14, 2008, 10:25 AM
very unique and interesting horse that the russian girl is riding. Anyone have any info on them?

hungryowl
Aug. 14, 2008, 10:26 AM
My monitor is calibrated and he still looks pink. He looks high behind but he did really sit in the piaffe, even though he crept forward.

Eyemadonkee
Aug. 14, 2008, 10:28 AM
I think I would have liked the "pink" horse better if he had been a bay...

Dorienna
C. Witham mentionned the grey stallion was a police horse when they found him

Elegante E
Is that stallion shaved? There's no breed listed but I suspect andalusian or some combo of.

Pony+ an inch
Aug. 14, 2008, 10:29 AM
My monitor is calibrated and he still looks pink. He looks high behind but he did really sit in the piaffe, even though he crept forward.

Is he an albino of sorts? Or just a pink skinned horse who's white hair is impeccably clean? Either way I enjoyed their ride, and they got a good score for it.

TeddyRocks
really not bad at all! 68.6%

Kwill
I would like to know more about the pink "Russian stallion." He almost looked like he could have some Shagya in there.

RunningwaterWBs
Here's Max-Theurer on Falcao by the late great Feiner Stern.

Eyemadonkee
Aug. 14, 2008, 10:30 AM
What country does AUT stand for?

slc2
Aug. 14, 2008, 10:30 AM
he is pink because he is so overheated.

S4zeus
Aug. 14, 2008, 10:31 AM
austria? just a guess

Mardi
Well deserved score for the Russian !

I like her horse - focused, willing, out there working and getting it done.

Regal Grace
That was some close clipping job...which I guess would explain his pink hue. What kind of breed is he?

kt
I thought I remember reading he was an Orlov Trotter but maybe that was another Russian horse I'm thinking of? Very cute. I know his rider probably wasn't very amused with him stalling out going down the final centerline, but the look on the horse's face was priceless when she spurred him on... kind of like he threw up his hands and said "Sorry! Sorry! I forgot! Sorry!"

Not a bad score.

TeddyRocks
Aug. 14, 2008, 10:32 AM
What country does AUT stand for?

I believe it's Austria. How old is the rider?

RunningwaterWBs
Aug. 14, 2008, 10:32 AM
Yes, she's from Austria.

Schiffon
Aug. 14, 2008, 10:36 AM
Mr. Theodorescu would tell a story about Balagur when Sasha was looking for a horse. Balagur was in Siberia as a police horse and the people selling him said that he was so good, he would stand all day at a soccer match. George said "but dressage horses need to move"! Not so funny in print, but with George's accent and sparkle in his eye, it was.

Before the WEG in Aachen, Sasha was having visa problems, was stuck in Russia for a good while, and I had the joyful experience of watching George ride Balagur. Awesome.

Too bad his piaffe transitions and consequently the piaffe weren't on today. He has scored 10 on his piaffe.

TeddyRocks
Aug. 14, 2008, 10:37 AM
I thought I remember reading he was an Orlov Trotter but maybe that was another Russian horse I'm thinking of? Very cute. I know his rider probably wasn't very amused with him stalling out going down the final centerline, but the look on the horse's face was priceless when she spurred him on... kind of like he threw up his hands and said "Sorry! Sorry! I forgot! Sorry!"

Not a bad score.

A what? Never heard of this breed. But cute. And you are right. His face was priceless. CUTE!

Kwill
Aug. 14, 2008, 10:38 AM
He is an Orlov Trotter. I got the Shagya thing because they have some Arab blood in the breed. He used to be a circus horse, then a police horse until 10. He is 17 now.

http://www.eurodressage.com/news/focus/foc_balagur.html

Elegante E
I thought the stallout on the piafe of the Russian horse was rider error. She looked to relax too much. Very nice horse and rider pair.

PS: was thinking andi/arab cross for some reason

Eyemadonkee
Why aren't the french more competitive in dressage? Dressage, afterall, is a french word...

egontoast
Aug. 14, 2008, 10:40 AM
http://www.horsemagazine.com/ARTICLES/T/Theodorescu,%20George/index.html

Balagur is a strange looking beast, and was apparently earning an honest crust as a police horse, when Alexandra’s previous competition horse hurt himself and had to be retired. “The horse was somewhere four hours the other side of Moscow,” George recalls, “Siberia! They said come and look at him. No, you send a video. But you could see that he had wonderful movement. Just one flying change, right to left, but I said that is alright, it was a communist country. They told us, he is very quiet, when we take him to the football, he stands still for hours and nothing worries him. And when we got him here, he is such an intelligent horse…”

Elegante E
Aug. 14, 2008, 10:40 AM
Question: do all the horses poop during the walk?

PS: what the heck did the judge just do? He was waving his hands?

Dorienna
Aug. 14, 2008, 10:41 AM
Why aren't the french more competitive in dressage? Dressage, afterall, is a french word...

hehe... well i speak french and sadly am not as competitive as i would like:-)

Kwill
Aug. 14, 2008, 10:41 AM
The horse appeared to be very uneven behind just now.

He seemed a little sore to me .... but he's older.

Schiffon
Aug. 14, 2008, 10:42 AM
Overall, pretty good collected walks today. For awhile there, it seemed like more than 1/2 of the horses in an international GP had poor walk rhythm.

RunningwaterWBs
I believe it's Austria. How old is the rider?

The NBC link says she was born in 1985, so 23. The more pertinent question -- and I apologize for the snarkiness -- might be: What is her net worth? As I understand it, she is fully funded and then some by her very wealthy family.

slc2
Balagur is an Orlov, a Russian sport horse breed originally used for trotting in harness.

SGray
Aug. 14, 2008, 10:44 AM
enjoyed the big chestnut for France

there were some bobbles but nice way of going

egontoast
Aug. 14, 2008, 10:47 AM
http://www.eurodressage.com/news/focus/foc_balagur.html

SGray
Aug. 14, 2008, 10:48 AM
heat's not slowing down Satchmo

Eyemadonkee
Aug. 14, 2008, 10:49 AM
(Satchmo) Nice little kick out in that piaffe...

Schiffon
Aug. 14, 2008, 10:51 AM
The Austrian's mother Sissy Max-Thurer has bought many, many of the top selling horses at Verden, Vechta and Muenster elite auctions. Six figures each.

Liked the French horse's canter pirouettes, no tension, kept the bend and rhythm but nice and small.

Satchmo looks tight today.

fordtraktor
Aug. 14, 2008, 10:54 AM
Did Satchmo do enough steps of the second piaffe? I only counted ten, but I wasn't paying that much attention.

Eyemadonkee
Hmm... I think I liked Anky's ride better...

RunningwaterWBs
Woohoo!!! Werth gets a 76.417!!!!

Kwill
Aug. 14, 2008, 10:55 AM
Apparently the judges liked Satchmo!

S4zeus
i only counted ten piaffe as well. through I may have started counting late. but who knows

BAC
Hmm... I think I liked Anky's ride better...

Taking into account the German judge's bias though, I'm sure Isabel's ride will score higher.

Elegante E
Aug. 14, 2008, 10:56 AM
Satchmo kicked out at the spur during a piafe. Really nice halfpasses! Isabel looked tense during the ride.

magnolia73
That test looked lovely and full of of good energy. He did look cranky while piaffing though- but just a few scores out of some really lovely work!

TeddyRocks
WOW...:eek:
Go Isabel and Satchmo! And she looked absolutely thrilled with her ride at the end! even with the little kick out... Rascal!

He was saying "Mom... enought with the spur... I'll get you a good score I promise..." hehehe

dressagetraks
Aug. 14, 2008, 10:57 AM
Whoo hoo!!!! Second server drop of the day at work, just in time for the last part of whoever from France and for Isabell. Haven't seen the score yet, but she did it, and she knows it, and the Germans watching do, too.

Must say, something that I LOVE watching and studying as a little rider is how the big names can have a bad moment like that kick in the first piaffe, then just go on absolutely unruffled. I tend to carry mistakes a bit.

Way to go, Isabell. You're an inspiration.

Rats, server back up. Give us comments on Steffan, please!

Eyemadonkee
Aug. 14, 2008, 10:58 AM
Interesting... the Dutch judged gave both Isabell and Anky both a 75. The German judge gave Isabell a 77 and Anky a 73...

HJALO
Aug. 14, 2008, 10:59 AM
Just catching the live feed and saw Isabell's ride - wow! How did Anky do? what was her score? Can't wait to see Steffen!

vineyridge
Aug. 14, 2008, 11:00 AM
Guys, I'm screwed. For some reason my monitor doesn't have enough "space" for the entire line of results to show up on nbcolympics.

Would one of y'all post Satchmo's score by judge?

Kwill
Aug. 14, 2008, 11:01 AM
Now why doesn't my Isabell Werth saddle magically transform me? :D

Edit: perhaps because I can't spell it right.

SGray
this Polish ride -- too tight

hungryowl
I quite like this Polish horse. He is very smooth and I really like his passage - some horses are better in front and some behind but he is quite even.

freestyle2music
Steffen Peters and Ravel have to ride > 73.167 % to win the bronze medal.

SGray
Aug. 14, 2008, 11:02 AM
even yes

but so tight -- I like the loosie-goosie ones