PDA

View Full Version : 3 team gold medals = Germans?

ridgeback
Aug. 12, 2008, 10:00 PM
:lol:I think the Germans have great odds to take the team Gold in all three disciplines:no: I'm hoping the U.S. jumpers will pull through and take team Gold...

Sebastian
Aug. 12, 2008, 10:08 PM
It could happen...

Seb :eek:

BAC
Aug. 12, 2008, 10:12 PM
Robert Dover predicts the Dutch will upset Germany in the dressage. I'll believe that when I see it, although each year Anky & her team mates get closer to doing it.

Authentic and Sapphire are as good as anything on the German team, I'm hoping with a little luck USA takes the gold.

ridgeback
Aug. 12, 2008, 10:12 PM
Can you imagine if they also took individual golds in all three discipline's.. They would be impossible to live with :lol::lol:.

ridgeback
Aug. 12, 2008, 10:13 PM
Robert Dover predicts the Dutch will upset Germany in the dressage. I'll believe that when I see it, although each year Anky & her team mates get closer to doing it.

Authentic and Sapphire are as good as anything on the German team, I'm hoping with a little luck USA takes the gold.

I think the U.S. has a good chance in the jumpers...I love Authentic...

BAC
Aug. 12, 2008, 10:22 PM
...I love Authentic...

He is my favorite. :yes: My other favorites are Meredith and Shutterfly though.

TraksRuleDutchDrool
Aug. 13, 2008, 03:36 PM
Under any other circumstance I would say YES! all capitals lol!

However I really want and think it will be Canada (Hickstead) for Individual Gold...otherwise yes, Germany for dressage and definitely silver in Jumping and team :D

Jealoushe
Aug. 13, 2008, 03:37 PM
Canada is totally taking the Golds in the Showjumping!!:cool:

ridgeback
Aug. 13, 2008, 03:43 PM

Ok if the Germans aren't I say the U.S. is hee hee hee:D:D

cloudyandcallie
Aug. 13, 2008, 04:41 PM
Can you imagine if they also took individual golds in all three discipline's.. They would be impossible to live with :lol::lol:.

Believe it! I have a German horse and he is insufferable already. :lol:

ika
Aug. 13, 2008, 05:28 PM

Yes we are!! Can't wait to watch Eric and Hickstead go. #3 in the world right now!

ridgeback
Aug. 13, 2008, 05:36 PM
Yes we are!! Can't wait to watch Eric and Hickstead go. #3 in the world right now!

Ok if he does hope they pass the drug tests..:lol::lol:;):winkgrin:

mp
Aug. 13, 2008, 05:42 PM
My apologies if English is not your native tongue, but this is driving me crazy ...

It should be WIN not WHEN. Please edit the title of the thread.

ridgeback
Aug. 13, 2008, 05:47 PM
My apologies if English is not your native tongue, but this is driving me crazy ...

Sorry I was doing three things when I posted the thread:lol::lol::lol:...how do you edit the title?

ridgeback
Aug. 13, 2008, 06:09 PM

There you go MP hope you can sleep..:lol::lol::lol::cool:

mp
Aug. 13, 2008, 06:29 PM
That's better. Thank you so much.

Now if you'll just remove the extraneous apostrophe in "German's," my happiness will be complete.

vineyridge
Aug. 13, 2008, 06:29 PM
Would be sort of a kick in the *ss if the Germans won eventing for the first time in a LONG time and lost dressage for what feels like the first time EVER!

I don't see the US beating the German team in showjumping. Just not going to happen. Individual is a whole different thing.

ridgeback
Aug. 13, 2008, 06:38 PM
That's better. Thank you so much.

Now if you'll just remove the extraneous apostrophe in "German's," my happiness will be complete.

Lord Girl/dude let it go:lol: just kidding.. I might leave it to bug you:) hee hee Crap I don't remember how I changed it I found it by accident.

ridgeback
Aug. 13, 2008, 06:40 PM
Would be sort of a kick in the *ss if the Germans won eventing for the first time in a LONG time and lost dressage for what feels like the first time EVER!

I don't see the US beating the German team in showjumping. Just not going to happen. Individual is a whole different thing.

I love how people are so sure of things.. When you are riding a 1200 pound animal that has its own mind I don't understand how people can be so sure...You are probably right but.....

TraksRuleDutchDrool
Aug. 13, 2008, 07:01 PM
Ok if he does hope they pass the drug tests..:lol::lol:;):winkgrin:

:mad:Won't it be nice? and then finally people like you can't finally let it go!

egontoast
Aug. 13, 2008, 08:11 PM
[QUOTE][Won't it be nice? and then finally people like you can't finally let it go! /QUOTE]

Exactly. He's probably the least likely person to fail a drug test because he knows for sure he will be tested and he likely has more to lose at this point than anyone else.

I'd sooner give a break to someone with an addiction problem than someone who put glass shards in his horse's boots.:no:

ridgeback
Aug. 13, 2008, 08:15 PM
:mad:Won't it be nice? and then finally people like you can't finally let it go!

Come on it was a joke...sorry a person that fails twice deserves a little sh*t. I really do wish him well...I think you mean can let it go.

ridgeback
Aug. 13, 2008, 08:16 PM
[QUOTE][Won't it be nice? and then finally people like you can't finally let it go! /QUOTE]

Exactly. He's probably the least likely person to fail a drug test because he knows for sure he will be tested and he likely has more to lose at this point than anyone else.

I'd sooner give a break to someone with an addiction problem than someone who put glass shards in his horse's boots.:no:

Amen I couldn't agree more...Not a fan of who you're talking about:yes: Hey someone that makes the team twice and fails twice has to expect a little crap about it.. I do think he's a great rider and would be happy for him if he wins!!!

vineyridge
Aug. 13, 2008, 08:40 PM
The shards were plastic!!! :)

We need a tongue in cheek icon!

Jealoushe
Aug. 14, 2008, 10:03 AM
Amen I couldn't agree more...Not a fan of who you're talking about:yes: Hey someone that makes the team twice and fails twice has to expect a little crap about it.. I do think he's a great rider and would be happy for him if he wins!!!

He's been receiving crap about it for years. He also speaks openly about how he messed up and how he changed his life so he could continue in a sport he loves. I think it's time to move on people...

ridgeback
Aug. 14, 2008, 10:06 AM
I'm sure in the next couple of years people will move on but since this is the first olympics he's made it to in the last three...he can take a little sh*t about it...;)

ika
Aug. 14, 2008, 12:27 PM
I'm sure in the next couple of years people will move on but since this is the first olympics he's made it to in the last three...he can take a little sh*t about it...;)

Well clearly he's been doing something right since then. I don't see any US riders in the top 5.

BAC
Aug. 14, 2008, 12:37 PM
[quote=ridgeback;3441275]

He's been receiving crap about it for years. He also speaks openly about how he messed up and how he changed his life so he could continue in a sport he loves. I think it's time to move on people...

I was never a fan but he has paid the price and changed his life around, good for him, its time to move on. I wish him success.

egontoast
Aug. 14, 2008, 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by (???) http://chronicleforums.com/Forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://chronicleforums.com/Forum/showthread.php?p=3441268#post3441268)

Hey, Jealoushe- that was NOt my quote although you have indicated it was. Please correct that .

Mozart
Aug. 14, 2008, 01:18 PM
Well clearly he's been doing something right since then. I don't see any US riders in the top 5.

ha ha BURN !!

Wouldn't it be ironic if Eric brings home the ONLY Canadian medal in these Olympics?

Wouldn't THAT be kind of fitting for all those moronic sports writers who have nothing useful to say about the equestrian sports?

ridgeback
Aug. 14, 2008, 01:19 PM
[quote=Jealoushe;3442482]

I was never a fan but he has paid the price and changed his life around, good for him, its time to move on. I wish him success.

I'm happy he's changed his life and I don't think he would be shocked by the jokes.. I've always loved the way he rode in the ring and wish him nothing but the best and hope he kicks Mclain's butt:D

Jealoushe
Aug. 14, 2008, 01:39 PM
Hey, Jealoushe- that was NOt my quote although you have indicated it was. Please correct that .

Sorry should be fixed

Kareen
Aug. 14, 2008, 01:52 PM
OMG we have team gold in dr. and eventing *jumpupanddown*. I don't think we can get gold in jumping thought (well in theory any team can...) there are just not enough Shutterflys and MMB's available :(

Gnep
Aug. 14, 2008, 09:45 PM
Now we just have to add the individual in dressage and than off to jumping.
tralilala die Krauts sind da

justalittlex
Aug. 14, 2008, 10:13 PM
I can't help it- I love to think about Authentic in Las Vegas where the horse went on jumping the mega jumps after rider went off.

Sabine
Aug. 15, 2008, 02:12 AM
I really think we'll kick this one to the curb- 3 gold medals...dressage, eventing and showjumping!! YES !! That's what it's all about...my bets are of course on the Germans.(with the wonderfully adopted and naturalized Meredith Michaels Bierbaum kicking in with the gold...)

just my 5 cents...sorry Ridgeback...but you love Catherine and she's in Germany...that's why!

ridgeback
Aug. 15, 2008, 07:41 AM
I really think we'll kick this one to the curb- 3 gold medals...dressage, eventing and showjumping!! YES !! That's what it's all about...my bets are of course on the Germans.(with the wonderfully adopted and naturalized Meredith Michaels Bierbaum kicking in with the gold...)

just my 5 cents...sorry Ridgeback...but you love Catherine and she's in Germany...that's why!

Sabine what are you talking about? I want the U.S. to win 100% and oh by the way if the German's do win you will have won because of an American who was trained in America:D I think you will find in this thread where I said the German's must be stopped.. Don't forget you live in the U.S. now!!:)

Maybe you didn't read the very first post in this thread where I wrote, 3 team gold medals = Germans?(question mark means I'm asking not hoping)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I think the Germans have great odds to take the team Gold in all three disciplines I'm hoping the U.S. jumpers will pull through and take team Gold..."

Sabine
Aug. 15, 2008, 10:31 AM
Sabine what are you talking about? I want the U.S. to win 100% and oh by the way if the German's do win you will have won because of an American who was trained in America:D I think you will find in this thread where I said the German's must be stopped.. Don't forget you live in the U.S. now!!:)

Maybe you didn't read the very first post in this thread where I wrote, 3 team gold medals = Germans?(question mark means I'm asking not hoping)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I think the Germans have great odds to take the team Gold in all three disciplines I'm hoping the U.S. jumpers will pull through and take team Gold..."

I know....I know....I was just teasing you! Who knows who'll win...there is a strong chance though! We'll all find out very shortly!

ridgeback
Aug. 15, 2008, 10:34 AM
I know....I know....I was just teasing you! Who knows who'll win...there is a strong chance though! We'll all find out very shortly!

Ok girl no more picking on me:lol::lol::lol:;) I'm a huge fan of U.S. showjumping that is where my love is...We are doing great and I'm a bit shocked what is going on with the Germans..:eek:

Sabine
Aug. 15, 2008, 01:31 PM
Ok girl no more picking on me:lol::lol::lol:;) I'm a huge fan of U.S. showjumping that is where my love is...We are doing great and I'm a bit shocked what is going on with the Germans..:eek:

well no worry- seems like the Germans are out of it already...and the US is going strong.!

SO - we need a gold ...let's do it!

FullCircleTraining
Aug. 15, 2008, 09:33 PM
well no worry- seems like the Germans are out of it already...and the US is going strong.!

Yeah, no kidding. What's going on?

Drvmb1ggl3
Aug. 15, 2008, 09:46 PM
Yeah, no kidding. What's going on?

The German team isn't out of it. They start the team competition with a clean slate. A couple of the individuals, including Ludger B, don't have a lot of room for error when it comes to qualifying for the final individual rounds. But I'm sure their class and experience will be enough to squeeze into the final rounds, and then it's a clean slate again.
I wouldn't count them out yet, not by a long shot. Lot of jumping still to be done.