PDA

View Full Version : Courtney King-Dye

STF
Aug. 12, 2008, 09:01 PM
I have become a big CKD. I started watching her videos that Reissa on dressagetrainingonline (http://www.dressagetrainingonline) put on and she (CKD) is a super rider as well as communicator. The vidoes show her very quiet and respectful to the horses. I have really enjoyed her and have come to be a super fan of her!!!
So, Im cheer her on! This is her frist Olympics and Im excited for her!
GO COURTNEY!!!!!
Im sure she is nervous! Im really hoping she does well.

Whitehedge Farm
Aug. 12, 2008, 10:00 PM
yes Courtney is awesome!!! :)
As beautiful a rider as she is she is also a beautiful person! She is definitely a superstar in my book!

GOOD LUCK TOMORROW Court!

anyone that can post on here a play by play of her ride tomorrow (at 21:27) I would be eternally grateful!! :) (can't get video to work on computer and no cable!)

STF
Aug. 13, 2008, 05:17 PM
Go Courtney, Go Courtney!!! YEA!!!!
Im sooooooooooo happy for her!!!
:)

SGray
Aug. 13, 2008, 05:28 PM
yes Courtney is awesome!!! :)
As beautiful a rider as she is she is also a beautiful person! She is definitely a superstar in my book!

GOOD LUCK TOMORROW Court!

anyone that can post on here a play by play of her ride tomorrow (at 21:27) I would be eternally grateful!! :) (can't get video to work on computer and no cable!)

if you can convince a friend to let you borrow their computer.....watch it through the "rewind" feature

she was pretty early in the schedule so it won't take long

HJALO
Aug. 13, 2008, 06:13 PM
Wow, and what a beautiful ride she had today! Go USA!

Hazelnut
Aug. 13, 2008, 09:09 PM
Yay! Way to ride Courtney King! GO USA.

Nice to see Steffan Peters and Debbie McDonald cheering her on and after the ride ask, were you happy? and Courtney say Yes. Then she praised Myth.

Courtney's a class act, as are her team mates.

Platinum Equestrian
Aug. 13, 2008, 09:11 PM
WOW - LOVE her horse!

Reynard Ridge
Aug. 13, 2008, 09:26 PM
Lovely, lovely ride. And she's 30. Can anyone say, "future for dressage in the US?" :yes:

imapepper
Aug. 13, 2008, 09:40 PM
You can catch her ride in the "Top 5" rides for the Dressage individual grand prix. It was lovely.

YankeeLawyer
Aug. 13, 2008, 10:34 PM
She is a gorgeous rider, and has been my favorite for some time.

dressagetraks
Aug. 13, 2008, 11:29 PM
Just watched it on rewind. Loved her riding, loved most of the test - canter work can use a bit of work still in places. But really nice horse. :yes:

What I enjoyed most, though, was hearing the true affection and gratitude and pride in her voice when she was talking to her horse after dismounting. One little window on their partnership.

Sidenote: Did you see how much she was sweating in that closeup on the walk? Nerves, heat, or both, it was severe. But great job.

I'll enjoy seeing her push for a bit more in the special and the freestyle.

YankeeLawyer
Aug. 13, 2008, 11:48 PM
Sidenote: Did you see how much she was sweating in that closeup on the walk? Nerves, heat, or both, it was severe.

I did, but she still manages to glow. Totally annoying ; ).

maple_brook
Aug. 14, 2008, 12:27 PM
Really nice lady and super rider. She is from New England so we get to watch her at alot of shows. She usually rides a bunch of horses, definitely a hard worker!

Eclectic Horseman
Aug. 14, 2008, 01:01 PM
I don't know if I could find it if I did a search, but probably 7-8 years ago now someone posted a question on this board-- something like, if you were wealthy enough to do it, what dressage rider would you sponsor?

I had just seen Courtney King at a local show and her name immediately came to mind. So I posted it on the thread and the response was "WHO? :confused:"

I must say that I feel vindicated now, I'll tell ya! :winkgrin: :lol::lol:

grayarabpony
Aug. 14, 2008, 01:03 PM
EVERYBODY is sweating. The humidity is killer there.

I saw her ride on Oxygen yesterday and it was lovely.