PDA

View Full Version : Horses you are drooling over

dressagetraks
Aug. 11, 2008, 03:46 PM
I've only had a chance to see a tiny fraction from yesterday, but Ingrid Klimke's horse!!!! Wow. I'd like him in my barn any day of the week.

What horse "grabs" you so far?

2boys
Aug. 11, 2008, 06:08 PM
I am just watching the cross country now, and didn't see Mark Todd's dressage test, but something about Gandalf jumps at me. He looks like he is just loping around a hunter pace. I want him...:cool:

Vesper Sparrow
Aug. 11, 2008, 06:12 PM
I liked Gandalf, too. I love the way he runs with his ears flat against the back of his head, like a big dog!

Shortiesofine13
Aug. 11, 2008, 06:41 PM
I love Rock Model (Vittoria Pannizzo from Italy's horse), and I also think Cappa Hill is beautiful...it must be that tail!

GilbertsCreeksideAcres
Aug. 11, 2008, 06:43 PM
Marius

bevs_stuff
Aug. 11, 2008, 06:46 PM
Absolutely MARIUS!

sisu27
Aug. 11, 2008, 06:47 PM
Madison Park and Corageous Comet are two of my faves.

FalseImpression
Aug. 11, 2008, 06:52 PM
Marius....
Comet
and
Gazelle de la brasserie

talkofthetown
Aug. 11, 2008, 06:53 PM
Madison Park is ALWAYS a favorite, Rock Model, and there was a horse, the last rider of the first half of day 1 in dressage...A french mare (I think the rider was on the french team) she was dark chesnut. Absolutely stunning to me. They had a really really nice test, but they missed a half circle so they got two penalty points. Anyone remember who that was?

Kenike
Aug. 11, 2008, 07:21 PM
Marius, Gandolf, and the Polish horse that I can't think of the name of :lol:

elly
Aug. 11, 2008, 08:06 PM
Watching Marius was just incredible - I also loved watching Megan Jones and her 'boy' -

equest
Aug. 11, 2008, 09:29 PM
I am just watching the cross country now, and didn't see Mark Todd's dressage test, but something about Gandalf jumps at me. He looks like he is just loping around a hunter pace. I want him...:cool:

I know! I just love the way he moves, and his cute head shake on course. I noticed Mark was definitely under pace for CC, so I wondered if there was a reason why Mark was holding him back. How experienced is he? I just love that long loping canter stride and I ride H/J so he would suit me fine ;)

MelantheLLC
Aug. 11, 2008, 09:31 PM
I've been too wussy to jump for (ahem) decades, but I swear I'd get on Gandalf and go over a few!

LarissaL
Aug. 11, 2008, 09:53 PM
I adored Russian rider Valery Martyshev's horse Kinzhal. He struggled around the course, with in my opinion little guidance, and but seemed mostly unfazed by it. And gorgeous to boot. I believe he's a TB stallion, which just adds to his appeal for me.

I missed his dressage test, which is supposedly not that good. Earlier today I was able to stream the entire Day2 dressage and Day3 cross country but am having trouble locating it now?

Tiligsmom
Aug. 11, 2008, 09:54 PM
Tough choice. They are ALL amazing athletes!! I thought Ingrid's mount was pretty amazing.

Seven-up
Aug. 12, 2008, 06:00 AM
Passat. He hasn't done that great so far but he sure looks pretty doing it! I think he's the Polish horse?

ETA: Nope. Not Poland. BLR. Is that Belarus?

imapepper
Aug. 12, 2008, 09:11 AM
Gandalf and Butt Leon (GER) could both live in my barn anytime :)

Kyrie
Aug. 12, 2008, 09:16 AM
I noticed Mark was definitely under pace for CC, so I wondered if there was a reason why Mark was holding him back. How experienced is he?

Gandalf is relatively inexperienced - he'll be right on track for London 2012 :yes: - and Mark essentially got a feel for the course to relay back to team members. While I have read reports he sacrificed any individual medal chances to help the team, I don't believe he was in individual medal contention. I still consider him a legend though!! :yes::yes:

lesson junkie
Aug. 12, 2008, 10:19 AM
I WANT Comet. Do you think he'd be happy dinking around the 3' hunters?

granfan
Aug. 12, 2008, 10:23 AM
Notice how many grays? I think people, besides me, fell in love with the French horse, tres beau Galan de Sauvagere at Athens and now 4 years later: lots of grays!

So sad Galan could not compete this time.

witherbee
Aug. 12, 2008, 11:34 AM
Irish Jester ( love those IDSHs), Poggio II and Gandalf. There were others, but can't remember who lol!

eclipse
Aug. 12, 2008, 11:39 AM
I'd love to get my hands on Corageous Comet, he'd make me a hell of a jumper! :lol: :D Cute, cute, cute and not big!

Maryalden
Aug. 12, 2008, 11:43 AM
Marius, Marius, and MORE Marius. I love that horse!!!

imapepper
Aug. 12, 2008, 12:00 PM
I'd love to get my hands on Corageous Comet, he'd make me a hell of a jumper! :lol: :D Cute, cute, cute and not big!

Did you watch him go around the show jumping portion? He has a very different style. He reaches a bit in the air. It kind of reminds me of pictures of Snowbound but he is not that careful. He is a very nice horse but I think he is doing the job he should be doing. He looks like a bit of a tricky ride. Kudos to Becky for not upsetting him and keeping him somewhat even.

FancyFree
Aug. 12, 2008, 12:06 PM
Abraxxas and Gandolf.

dcm
Aug. 12, 2008, 12:40 PM
Marius and Gandolf.

Both these two wowed me this weekend. :yes: Anyone know if Marius is a gelding or stallion?

Roan
Aug. 12, 2008, 12:43 PM
Marius and Abraxxus, in that order.

Marius caught my eye in the dressage big time, then wow'd me on the xcountry.

Oh, and Irish Jester.

Eileen

cswoodlandfairy
Aug. 12, 2008, 01:33 PM
I love Rock Model (Vittoria Pannizzo from Italy's horse), and I also think Cappa Hill is beautiful...it must be that tail!

I'm a Cappa Hill Fan!!! What a BEAUTIFUL horse!

Mimi La Rue
Aug. 12, 2008, 01:48 PM
My favorites are Cappa Hill and Gandolf. :yes:

Mozart
Aug. 12, 2008, 02:15 PM
I would not throw Chico out of my barn....

eclipse
Aug. 12, 2008, 03:39 PM
Did you watch him go around the show jumping portion? He has a very different style. He reaches a bit in the air. It kind of reminds me of pictures of Snowbound but he is not that careful. He is a very nice horse but I think he is doing the job he should be doing. He looks like a bit of a tricky ride. Kudos to Becky for not upsetting him and keeping him somewhat even.

Nope, haven't seen the show jumping part yet (sigh, I'm at work), so it will have to wait until tonight. Sounds like he's more careful in the air in the cross country phase then?

monicabee
Aug. 12, 2008, 03:48 PM
I liked Abraxxas too (he's 3/4 TB). I love TBs but am really intrigued with all the Irish Sport Horses and how they balance a little flair in the dressage arena with a steady head over the cross country and come back to turn in nice show jumping rounds.

My husband and I started planning a trip to Ireland... fantasy, of course.

imapepper
Aug. 12, 2008, 05:01 PM
Nope, haven't seen the show jumping part yet (sigh, I'm at work), so it will have to wait until tonight. Sounds like he's more careful in the air in the cross country phase then?

He is definately better cross country. He had 8 faults and if I remember got them both behind. He gets quick and flat in the air. It looks like he gets a bit tense in the ring and requires a very diplomatic ride.

Foxtrot's
Aug. 12, 2008, 11:02 PM
I just checked Marius' pedigree. He is Holsteiner registered but actually 1/2 TB. Loved how he jumped. They already have posted on the all breed pedigree site that he is the 2008 Gold team and individual winner!! How's that for quick.

Lori T
Aug. 12, 2008, 11:09 PM
Comet and definitely MacKinley!!!

pony grandma
Aug. 12, 2008, 11:14 PM
Marius. He galloped the xcountry fences, no hauling on him to 'set him up.' He just stood back and winged it, literally, on the fly. It showed the awesome trust and partnership. The whole trip looked like a power glide. What a picture he was in full stride over the fences with his tail flowing behind him.

rennyben
Aug. 13, 2008, 01:31 AM
Of course, my fave: Courageous Comet

Marius - 2 words: GOR, GEOUS. Well, I'll add some more words: a true pleasure to watch

The dark bay/black french horse that fell (don't remember name) - I know he fell, but when they were showing footage of him just standing there blowing, I thought he was quite possibly THE most beautiful, athletic horse I'd seen. He struck me from an artistic standpoint, he needs to be sculpted. That image sort of embodied to me the majesty and nobility of the horse.

As for Gandalf, wow, not sure if it was the horse, Mark Todd, or the combination -- but did they make that look easy or what? Seriously, contrast that with Poggio's round. And, yes, I went there. :eek:

rightangles
Aug. 17, 2008, 12:58 AM
I watched the qualifier on Friday and he took my breath away. I was looking online for breedings to him with nothing to be found.
Damn europeans won't give up any of there good stallions!!

I'm not greedy I'll settle for a baby is that too much to ask??

dressagetraks
Aug. 17, 2008, 08:13 AM
I'll add in Satchmo. What a gorgeous dressage horse, and the trot half-passes are to die for. If I could have the ability to ride him like Isabell does, it would be a bonus. :lol: