PDA

View Full Version : Who is this horse?

Koniucha
Aug. 9, 2008, 10:04 AM
Ok, I will try to explain. I only saw a picture of this horse but he/she is beautiful! Here is a link to the picture. Sorry, I don't know how to do the click link thing!

http://www.nbcolympics.com/equestrian/photos/galleryid=156957.html

It is the very first picture, the liver chestnut behind the bay.

Threedaydream
Aug. 9, 2008, 11:00 AM
Hmm... I don't know. Doesn't look like an eventer though. My guess is one of the dressage or SJ horses.

Kenike
Aug. 9, 2008, 12:03 PM
I say dressage horse.

Eventrgrl
Aug. 9, 2008, 12:30 PM
using "clues" from the pics...looks like a sweedish dressage horse???

Eventer13
Aug. 9, 2008, 05:38 PM
I thought the same when I first saw that picture... he's a really nice looking guy.

lbennet6
Aug. 9, 2008, 06:17 PM
I was wondering that same thing last night! Both of those horses are beautiful!

Koniucha
Aug. 9, 2008, 07:34 PM
I checked out the swedish dressage team and I don't think he is part of that. Maybe dutch??

4Martini
Aug. 9, 2008, 11:39 PM
The caption says the first horses to arrive and here's what I found about the first horses to arrive

HONG KONG (AP) — The first 32 of the more than 200 horses taking part in next month's Olympic equestrian events arrived in Hong Kong on Saturday to begin acclimatization to the city's tropical heat.
The horses were transported to the stables at the equestrian venues after arriving and undergoing preliminary quarantine tests at Hong Kong International Airport.

"All traveled very well and the disembarkation process went very smoothly," veterinary surgeon Christopher Riggs said.

The horses came from Belgium, Denmark, Korea, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Canada, Germany and the United States. A total of 229 horses is expected by the end of this month.

So, I would guess you could narrow it down to those countries.

Lamma70
Aug. 10, 2008, 08:48 AM
Well...the handler is wearing an orange shirt, which I believe I have seen the Dutch fans and riders wearing a similar color. My guess would be that the horse is from the Netherlands. :D

jlmckinley
Aug. 10, 2008, 10:52 AM
That liver chestnut is pretty - at first sight, the horse immediately reminded me of Donnerhall.

Beautiful!

ceffyl
Aug. 11, 2008, 06:11 AM
Ok, I will try to explain. I only saw a picture of this horse but he/she is beautiful! Here is a link to the picture. Sorry, I don't know how to do the click link thing!

http://www.nbcolympics.com/equestrian/photos/galleryid=156957.html

It is the very first picture, the liver chestnut behind the bay.

Looks like Blu Hors Don Shufro the ride of Andreas Helgstrad from Denmark. As the legs are covered cannot be 100% sure but from the photo 99% sure due to head and type. Andreas rode the brilliant Blu Hors Matine at WEG, she of the incredible piaffe / passage / extensions. This horse is also very impressive, Andreas really gets the expression of his horses spot on. And the horse is by Donnerhall hence the similarity.

DownYonder
Aug. 11, 2008, 06:49 AM
The first thing I thought when I saw that pic is "um, lovely stallion!"

I am pretty sure it is the Oldenburg dressage stallion Don Schufro. See this pic for comparison.

http://www.oldenburghorse.com/images-success/DonSchufro-Rau-Copy.jpg

greyshowjumper
Aug. 14, 2008, 04:29 PM
The horse with the star and snip is a Denmark Dressage Horse named Digby, Rider Zu Sayn-Wittgenstein. He is a Danish Warmblood Gelding. Their Individual score was 70.417%.

The horse with the long blaze is also a Denmark Dressage horse named blue hors don schufro. He is an Oldenburg Stallion. Don Schufro is approved in Denmark, Oldenburg, Hanover, KWPN, Rhineland and Westphalia. Rider is Andreas Helgstrand. Their Individual score was 68.833%