PDA

View Full Version : Help Plz. Tact or Education Needed. [a short novel]

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Blind Alter
Jun. 28, 2008, 04:55 PM
I trained H/J for over ten years and I've been riding for well over twenty years. I don't train anymore, haven't for the last two years and now I don't have the space. However when I did train, I sure didn't take every horse that came in right back to square one and treat it like it was a wet stick of dynamite. Yet, I've now gone through not one, but TWO trainers that have done this. I'll spare you trainer #1. Although it was a different horse, it was pretty much the same drill. This is trainer #2.

Having just moved into new place and having to redo a bunch of fences, I decided to send my little 7 y/o paint mare off to a professional for some training rather than just let her sit at a boarding stable doing nothing for next two months. My little gal neck reins, leg yields, has been extensively trail ridden, is road safe, load and trailers w/o breaking a sweat, leads w/ halter or just a hand under her jaw, ground ties, cross ties, baths and sprays on ground tie, has roped (heads and heels), been penning, used for sorting etc., etc. I thought some more formal training on her, specifically cutting, as my mare is very cowy (she cuts them out all by herself and you just have to hang on), would be a good investment.

I am not a western trainer. I did break and train my mare, but I certainly will not claim to know the "ins and outs" of cutting or reining training. So if anyone thinks I was expecting too much, or can clue me in after reading this. By all means, feel free.

So off Kade went (Kade is the mare). It took the trainer an entire blessed week just to actually get on her and I have no clue why :confused:. Day 1: Leading; Day 2: Leading; Day 3: Tacking up then untacking; Day 4: Tacking up, lunging five minutes, untacking; Day 5: Same as day 4; Day 6: Tacking up, half mounts for about five minutes and untacking; Day 7: Same as day 6; Day 8: She actually sat on the mare! Then she got right off :-(

Did I mention this horse is already broke? Not only is she broke, but she's got no buck, no bolt. She's husband horse broke, in fact my non horsey husband has ridden Kade many times over the years. She's just a sweet heart under saddle, if anything she's a little lazy unless there's cattle to chase. I barely made it through the week watching this. Adding to Day 8, the trainer spent the next day on "spraying" because "my mare was nervous". Well I was there for that display of "nervousness" on Day 8; the trainer walked up to my mare, stood 4' away, extended an arm and sprayed. My mare just flinched a bit despite the fact she had no idea it was coming. If I hadn't been in the middle of rebuilding fence-lines here, I would have removed her after Day 8, it was that bad and it didn't get any better.

So carrying on; she proceeded to walk for a week; then she trotted for a week. The following week, she loped about five times and continued trotting. All in a 50' round pen. I would go watch every couple days each week and would very politely (with extreme tact) bring up what this mare had already done, WHY I had her in training and WHAT I was expecting again. AGAIN .... because I'd done all that before I agreed to bring her in the first place.

Nearing the end of four weeks, the trainer exclaims to me on day that "oh, we walked outside the round pen today!" and was "concerned" when I didn't share in the trainers' exuberance over it. Good grief, what's to get excited about? This mare was ridden down the side of a busy highway numerous times. Before I moved, I was to goto girl for the neighboring farmers to help them move/sort cattle using this mare. I would often ride Kade bareback w/ a halter and lead in an open forty acre field when the little vixen would make me walk all the way back there to catch her. About the only thing that was exciting me was paying this person $700 p/mo to watch her play my little pony with my dead broke mare.

Needless to say I pulled the plug a week ago and picked up my mare saying that I could now bring her home (by the end of Day 8 I was really motivated to get a paddock and a shelter finished asap) ... gas prices were getting too high for me to keep driving out there ... but I just couldn't take watching it anymore and I sure wasn't going to keep paying this person. Kade was starting to get round pen soured and was starting to object to being asked to trot endlessly and with out purpose around a 50' round pen with her head jacked into a german martingale. I should also mention that her "under-saddle" time was about 10 - 15 mins per ride, if that, which I guess under the circumstances was a blessing. The trainer changed my mare's bit to a snaffle for, who knows what reason (my mare rode in a shanked bit and off cues with little, to no contact), and started riding her two handed with contact. I was baffled at what I was seeing and the trainer wouldn't answer me as to what she was trying to do because "I wouldn't understand". So I guess my dullwitted self can only guess as to why a mare trained to ride totally off leg and light bit cues would be brought back into a snaffle and ridden w/ full contact.

So my first question is: Is this what trainers "do" now? Take a perfectly well broke horse back to square one? If so; why? If you're not trying to correct a problem or an issue, isn't that just wasting your client's time and money? Kade got absolutely nothing out of her month of "professional" training. Not a single thing, well actually, I have spent the last week correcting my mare's new behind the bit issue (precisely WHY I don't use german martingales or draw reins willy nilly).

Now I can understand taking the first week to get to know the horse and assess its existing level of training. But man oh man, not an entire week to simply get ON the horse and not almost a month before loping. And never leaving the round pen? ... on an already well broke horse with a fair amount of miles? Please explain. If I'm being a dork and missing something, I'd like to know it. Right now I'm feeling like this trainer was just trying to sucker me into endless months of training.

Second question: This trainer thinks they did a "super, bang up job" and wants to use me as a reference. The trainer has called me three times now. This afternoon I actually answered because I happened to be ON MY MARE and MOVING CATTLE around a 300+ acre farm (something my mare loves, has done a lot of and is very good at and something I'd already told the trainer [about ten times] that I did a lot of last year on this mare) so I took the opportunity to mention this fact again as a *hint* that maybe I wasn't the best reference and the trainer fired back; "See, I bet you wished you kept her here another month or two. Look at the amazing progress I made with her ... ". :eek: I actually did reply very dryly with, "Yeah. All in a 50' round pen w/ no cattle and at a trot. Amazing stuff". She still wasn't catching the hint and said something along the lines of "Great. So if you can just send me a nice email and a photo of Kadie that I could put on my website ....". That response left me at a loss for words, apparently her sarcasm button is stuck in the off position. I said the cattle were starting to scatter and that I had better go and I hung up.

How in the he// do I dodge this bullet? It's a small town, that I am new to and I was happy to just pick up my horse, shake hands and leave with my fake smile. I'm sure as heck not giving her a reference, well not a good one. I'm trying to craft a carefully worded email that politely says "No" and am having a tough time.

I sort of want to send the really cool picture of me on Kadie from last year sorting calves and then the picture I snapped this year of the trainer on her walking around the round pen w/ a caption that reads "If your goal is to go from cattle sorting in an open field to walking around in circles in a round pen, give me a call" ... but since I'm new where I am, I likely won't. Besides, I'm wondering if she'll even get it. She talks as if SHE broke the mare and did all this training over the last four years. I don't know how to deal with her tactfully or even politely at this point.

Lucassb
Jun. 28, 2008, 05:04 PM
I think you have two choices.

You can politely refuse to write anything; that is certainly your right... but you mentioned that you are new and this is a small town.

You can also send a very vague and somewhat lukewarm note - not electronically, (why make it easy?) but perhaps on a card - saying something like, "thank you for boarding Kade for me while we were busy building our farm, Regards, >>>"

That is the most I would do, under the circumstances, and she'd have to have b*lls of steel to ask you for a re-write.

jetsmom
Jun. 28, 2008, 08:59 PM
I'd write a reference that "X" took good care of my horse and would probably be good with unbroke horses, or horses needing to be restarted slowly."

fourmares
Jun. 29, 2008, 01:08 AM
I would never in a million years write a reference for that woman. I might write her an email explaining her in writing that I was not at all happy with the work that she did with the mare and why. Then I would point out that I had fired her and tell her flat out that I would not give her a good reference. Don't worry abou tbeing new to the area... I'm sure plenty of people there know the woman is a wack job.

Or if I was feeling particularly evil I would tell her I'd be happy to speak to potential training customers if she wanted to give them my number, but I simply don't have time to put anything in writing. Then if people called I'd tell them the truth.

Chardavej
Jun. 29, 2008, 07:36 AM
You live in a small town, how do you really think it will change your life in the town if you just tell the girl the truth, your horse was not done any good at your place and I can not in good mind give you any references.

I am honestly baffeled by her apparent lack of knowledge or common sense!! Jeesh, who recommended her to YOU??? I think I would go have a talk with them!

shakeytails
Jun. 29, 2008, 09:34 AM
Oh my! How did you stand it? I would have had to hop on the horse and show the "trainer" what the horse already knew.

In a month my Amish trainer has horses checking trap lines and rounding up cattle- and these are Saddlebreds that are bred to be game.

My regular trainer has a solid w/t/c in a month, much more if the horse comes in green broke or from my Amish trainer.

There's no way I could give your gal a good reference.

JohnDeere
Jun. 29, 2008, 09:40 AM
Or use the lack of sarcasm detector to go something like:

Kade was given lots of time to get used to the barn and the workload. The trainer is gentle and kind and works slowly with every horse.

If the place was nicely kept sayt hat.

You arent lying and she will never get it!

RHdobes563
Jun. 29, 2008, 10:08 AM
I sort of want to send the really cool picture of me on Kadie from last year sorting calves and then the picture I snapped this year of the trainer on her walking around the round pen w/ a caption that reads "If your goal is to go from cattle sorting in an open field to walking around in circles in a round pen, give me a call" ...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

thumbsontop
Jun. 29, 2008, 10:12 AM
Hmm... No, I wouldn't be inclined to give a reference right off the bat, but I looked back through your post and am confused by something. Did you clarify with her after each of these instances that your horse is trained? When she was concerned that you didn't share her excitement did you say 'that's because she's been doing that for some time now'?

If you told her over and over that the horse is trained and she ignored you, nope, no reference. If you think that you may have been unclear about your expectations for training than perhaps she deserves a little slack.

bird4416
Jun. 29, 2008, 10:30 AM
I would just never get around to e-mailing her. Hopefully, she will quit calling. What a fruit loop!

Posting Trot
Jun. 29, 2008, 10:34 AM
I'm curious as to whether you checked the trainer's references before you dropped off your mare.

It sounds as though what this trainer is used to is getting horses that people either want started, or else need to have re-started because they've had time off or they've been traumatized by something (bad riding maybe).

It may be that all owners routinely say, whether it's true or not, "my horse is going very well but just needs to be tuned up," and maybe the trainer just tuned you out.

But, it sounds as though the trainer is kind of a one-trick pony. She does one thing (re-starts or starts a horse), and that's it.

Now, maybe she's very good at that, but that's not what your horse really needed.

To me, the situation just sounds like a poor fit. I would write a bland but nice note, something along the lines that JohnDeere suggested above. "The facilities are beautiful, the care for the horses is first-rate, and the trainer advocates a slow, easy-going method that won't frighten unstarted horses."

Jun. 29, 2008, 10:57 AM
Hmm... No, I wouldn't be inclined to give a reference right off the bat, but I looked back through your post and am confused by something. Did you clarify with her after each of these instances that your horse is trained? When she was concerned that you didn't share her excitement did you say 'that's because she's been doing that for some time now'?

If you told her over and over that the horse is trained and she ignored you, nope, no reference. If you think that you may have been unclear about your expectations for training than perhaps she deserves a little slack.

I was kind of thinking the same thing... you sound like a very nice person, and as is quite common in us "very nice" womenfolk, you sound rather non-confrontational.

At any point did you sit down and have a really direct, really blunt, real "come to Jebus" type meeting? Did you say, "What you are doing is useless and unacceptable. My horse is very well trained under saddle already - here, let me show you. ::you jump on, do a few things:: Now either you will work with her with cattle or I will take her home"?

It sounds like in the interest of being nice and polite, you maybe hinted at your displeasure with sarcasm and pointed comments instead of being brutally honest and potentially offensive. It's quite possible that this trainer is simply not socially gifted and unable to listen well and had no idea what you really wanted from her. You wouldn't expect a horse to perform without giving explicitly clear aids, right? Maybe that's what this woman needed, too. ;)

After all, many people bring horses to a trainer if the horse is having a lot of problems, right? That's probably what she's used to. Also, many people overestimate their own equestrian skills, so I'm sure she's had clients that claimed their horses were "well trained" only to have them buck, bolt, whatever.

I think what others recommended with a very bland endorsement - "The facility was safe and Trainer X was gentle and slow" or something - would be the best bet, considering you're new to the area. If someone asks you in person, however, you can go all-out. :winkgrin:

If you were extremely direct with her - no possibility you could have been any more blunt - then sure, write her a terse explanation of why you won't recommend her. But otherwise... chalk it up to lesson learned, IMO. :p

BansheeBreeze
Jun. 29, 2008, 11:05 AM
I wouldn't give her a reference. Why would you attach your name to something that you had a problem with? You are just suckering in the next person, who could be somebody that ISN'T out there watching and has no idea they are being taken. Don't pussyfoot around it, you have no reason to. Frankly I think it's incredibly rude and unprofessional for her to continually badger you for a recommendation. There is nothing wrong with telling her straight up, "I wasn't happy with the work you did with my mare and therefore cannot recommend you".

I could understand her going a little slow with the mare at first but all that is ridiculous. If you are hired to TRAIN the horse, you TRAIN the horse. Even if you hadnt been all that clear on your objectives with the mare, or if the trainer had been fooled before into thinking a horse was "broke", if she was a real trainer, it should have been quite obvious to her.

I too have seen trainers like this. A lady had sent out her green Paso Fino for 90 days training. She wasn't a very experienced horseperon, hence why she sent the horse out. The lady was so upset because the trainer said the horse was just a mess, bucked and did this and that and blah blah blah. She showed me the video of the "trainer" working the horse in the round pen...with a rope tied around it's FLANKS. She would jerk on the rope and obviously the horse would react...but usually it was barely a crowhop. You could hear her saying on the video, "See! See how he bucks!?".

The lady asked me for help, even though I am by no means a professional trainer. The horse wouldn't pick up his feet, didn't know how to cross tie, was head shy, and terrified of fly spray. After 90 days!! I used a little common sense and patience and in one lesson had the horse fine with all these things. Eventually started riding him....not a single buck.

For all the good trainers out there, it seems that there are 20 idiots who THINK they are horse trainers.

Blind Alter
Jun. 29, 2008, 12:18 PM
After I typed the novel yesterday, I did a few things around the house, then went back outside to clean out the trailer and do the chores.

Trainer lady (TL) stopped in around 7pm "to see the new farm". I neglected to mention in yesterday's novel that our new farm is very close to hers. I also neglected to mention that I have three youngsters. Apparently TL figured she could get me to send them her to start.

So, awkward was the theme yesterday evening and it ended badly. Hubby and I were polite for the first half hour, then he went into the house as soon as TL started going on about her plans (which were ridiculous) for my three youngsters. This morning he asked me if I'd buried her somewhere on the farm. Neither one of us has ever met someone so full of themselves.

She doesn't know who I am, not that I'm anyone of great importance mind you. But where we used to live, I was a well respected trainer with a very good reputation. So, I started by explaining (again, for the umteenth time) Kade's training level and what I had expected from the training time. I asked why she chose to move at such a glacial pace with such a well broke mare and also why she ignored all my concerns about Kade's training progress and her methods. I actually went into the house and brought out the original email and training agreement where it clearly stated the mare's current level of training and what she had done and I outright asked about all the trotting in circles and why the german martingale and the bit change.

TL went on about how she was a member of this and that and had a degree in horsemanship and how a novice (like me) would have trouble understanding the complexity of her training methods. She spoke to me like I needed detailed instruction to find the buttered side of a piece of bread. Somehow, I managed not to drown her in my water trough until she said to me "If you'd been trained by the same school I had been, you'd understand. Besides, I'm not here to train you, just your horses", that I simply snapped.

I asked her if Sally Struthers was the spokes person for this "school" she obtained her degree from (she didn't get that).

I explained that I didn't feel that the training situation worked out well and why in detail. And that based on her complete failure to even acknowledge my objections or concerns that I couldn't provide a reference that would benefit her.

I declined her offer to start my three youngsters. (TL had already told me that they'd each need at least six months work before she could start them and had been going on about how we'd have to walk them down to her farm. I actually choked on my mouthful of water. For starters they ALL trailer and trailer well. Call me selfish, but I HATE tough loaders and nervous shippers, so I work on getting my youngsters used to traveling. The 3 yr. old filly is already w/t/c and been on trails. The other filly is a little bit behind, we're still in the sand ring working on basics under tack and the gelding is big and just turned 2, no one is getting on that gangly boy until next year).

I also suggested that if she had any further to say that she speak to me like an adult and not a drugged up lobotomy patient.

She didn't like any of that and said that maybe she'd best be going and suggested that when I break my neck trying to start my own youngsters to give her a call. As she hopped into her little car she stuck her head out the window and sang "green on green will make you black and blue". I almost peed laughing and I WAS trying not to get to her level. As I mentioned, I'm no one of any importance, but I'm not a greenie nor did I just fall off the turnip truck. This lady is a fruit cake.

I'm getting the impression that she's done well in the show ring on her made horse and hasn't a clue aside her "degree" in horsemanship. Whatever the deal is, she doesn't listen and she seems to think that every horse owner is a blithering idiot except her. I'm sure she'll go far.

She is new to being a "trainer" and she's got a lot to learn about customer relations ... like maybe listening to the client would be a good place to start. I was among the first couple of clients she was training for, so she didn't have references. I did check the farm and I did come to watch her do a few training sessions, which I found out later were with her professionally trained show horse.

My farrier recommended this person to me. And yeah, I had a nice chat with him earlier this morning.

pines4equines
Jun. 29, 2008, 12:36 PM
You know this trainer sounds like the novice to me.

I would be as nice as possible as you live so close but then just drop all ties. I had a neighbor like that. She was new to the area and thought she knew everything. While I didn't ask her to train our horses, she was immediately condescending to me when she met me. I just stayed clear of her and now 10 years later, she is the joke of the county.

I didn't have to do anything, except just stand back and watch her implode.

Blind Alter
Jun. 29, 2008, 01:03 PM
At any point did you sit down and have a really direct, really blunt, real "come to Jebus" type meeting? Did you say, "What you are doing is useless and unacceptable. My horse is very well trained under saddle already - here, let me show you. ::you jump on, do a few things:: Now either you will work with her with cattle or I will take her home"?

Just to answer, because I think it's been asked twice. I did sit down and speak clearly and very frankly with her three times telling her that I wasn't happy with where the training was going (or not going as it were). I didn't just make mention in passing or make sarcastic remarks.

I did say I would get on the mare and show her, but was told that her insurance would not allow for owners to ride. While I wanted to ask how that would work given that she is also trying to start a lesson program, I didn't push the issue ... much. I did a little as I have my own liability insurance which does cover me for when I would train off site. She said she'd have to clear it with her insurance company. After 2 weeks of asking her about it I gave up and just decided that best thing was to get my mare out of there and be done with her.

I didn't outright give her an ultimatum to get my mare back onto working cattle because it wouldn't have had any teeth. I had no other place to bring my mare and the farm wasn't ready until the day before I went to pick Kade up. I suppose I could have hunted around for another boarding spot, but again, I'm new to the area and I didn't want to be "that person" that yanks a horse out of training and scrambles to find another spot. It was a few weeks so I sucked it up.

None of it matters now. Despite wanting and trying to just move on and not get into a confrontational situation with Ms. Oblivious, that's where I am.

And I will just be sitting back and watching her "implode". :cool:

Hubby is suggesting that I get back into training here at the new farm just to stir the pot, he's such a little biddy sometimes.

On the other hand, she's probably building a nice client base for me :yes:

beckmelhart
Jun. 29, 2008, 01:24 PM
As a person who has delt with people in the past that call themselves trainers but are not please be honest with people if they ask you about TL. We were sold a paint horse for my daughter ( by her trainer/instructor at the time ) that had so many issues at the time that we were not made aware of. Mental issues, spooking issues. God bless him he doesn't have a mean bone in his body but he was dangerous. And to top it all off my daughter had only been riding for a year. Her first horse I bought her was a 24 yr old quarter horse.......dead broke mind you. I did that on purpose, felt she was safer that way. Everybody thought I was crazy for buying such an old horse. Anyway we had this "trainer" put 60 days on the paint. Ask her directly to work on his spooking issues. At the end of 60 days we had a paint horse with all the same problems as 60 days before. OK there goes 1000.00 out the window and we still had a horse that my daughter was afraid to ride. Being the kind of people we were we could not give up on him. I didn't know alot about training but I knew the look of fear in his eye all the time. And I knew we had to help him mentally overcome some of these issues or he would never be good for anything other than a pasture ornament. Bad thing was my daughter wanted to show him locally. Off to the second trainer 50 miles away-one way once a week. Jerry did natural horsemanship with them on the ground. He didn't just work the horse, he worked the horse and my daughter togeather so she would know how to handle him when he was scared and how to work him through it. It worked wonderfully. Gave her the skill to help him. And during this process he learned she would not get him killed or eaten. So that 1000.00 was worth it. Now looking for a "show" trainer. To make a long story short 8 months later the horse still could not lope properly for the show arena. 2800.00 later the horse still wasn't show ready. On to the next trainer. This guy is the best in our area unfortunately back at the beginning he was so booked up for so long we couldn't get in. He put 60 days on the paint and my daughter started winning classes with him. So please help people that are spending thier hard earned money on trainers find a real trainer. Alot of people say they are trainers but alot of them are not.

Posting Trot
Jun. 29, 2008, 01:55 PM
Okay. Ignore my previous post. The "trainer" sounds like a blithering idiot.

Just be glad that what she did was pretty innocuous.:yes:

Ambrey
Jun. 29, 2008, 02:16 PM
It may be that all owners routinely say, whether it's true or not, "my horse is going very well but just needs to be tuned up," and maybe the trainer just tuned you out.

But isn't an initial evaluation part of every training program? If a person tells you a horse is going well, is well broke, etc.- wouldn't you be able to (if you're a good trainer) figure out in the first week whether that's true or not?

lilblackhorse
Jun. 29, 2008, 02:40 PM
wow, that woman sounds like a total moron. I am so glad she came over and you could talk with her--though it seems like she lacks listening and comprehension skills.

Egad....the green on green comment was a doozy. Personally, be done with this woman. I would smack my farrier upside the head and ask him what he was thinking.....and then I give some serious consideration to your husband's thought.

It sounds like if this is all that's out there in your little town, then there is a need for what skills you have---smart, down to earth breaking of horses so they have exposure and manners and a good foundation. Being the snarky ass that I am, nothing says Up Yours better than some good revenge. She needs a good dope slap, and you stepping up would wipe that bitchy smile off her face.

Jun. 29, 2008, 02:52 PM
Hubby is suggesting that I get back into training here at the new farm just to stir the pot, he's such a little biddy sometimes.

Sounds like a fun plan to me! :lol:

Blind Alter
Jun. 29, 2008, 03:10 PM
Okay, things are getting out of hand. I received an email and just as I sniped back my response her and her boyfriend came here.

I don't have time to get into their visit, which was brief but entertaining. I promise I'll come back and fill you all in. I need to go pick up the kids.

Here's the email. This woman needs a straight jacket.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, June 29, 2008 2:24 PM
To: *my farm*
Subject: Kadie

It was brought to my attention that you have posted a thread about me on COTH. I repectfuly ask that you remove all your comments and refrences to Kadie I have her posted on my web site under that name and I don't want my clients to think it's the same animal.

My repsonse:

For the love of all things holy, you've got a few crayons missing out of your box don't you?

#1) It IS the same horse (or animal as you put it).

#2) Why would you be posting anything about Kade? Seriously. Why? And why a photo of ME riding her two years ago?

#3) You stole that photo off of MY website. Since you've only linked it, I don't need to ask that you remove it. I've taken down ALL of Kade's photos and photos of all my other horses (just in case) until I can watermark them. If you now check your blog/website, you'll find a big empty box. Go steal someone else's horse photos.

#4 The thread stays. I've posted under an alter to protect my identity and yours. But, please feel free to come onto COTH and out yourself.

#5) For the last damn time, it's K A D E. Not Kadie, there's no "i". If you're going to steal photos and make a web page/blog about someone else's horse, at least get the name right.

Ambrey
Jun. 29, 2008, 03:20 PM
Wow. Is she really young or something?

Classic Melody
Jun. 29, 2008, 03:22 PM
OK, BA, time to back away. You seem like a reasonable person and there is no reason for this to escalate. You've already come to an understanding with the trainer that you two will no longer be working together. For your peace of mind, just let it go.

SleepyFox
Jun. 29, 2008, 03:48 PM
Unfortunately, what you described is common. Doing what your "trainer" did is easy money - a lot easier than actually working cattle. And, they can claim to others that they did "so much" with the horse. :no:

My teaser stallion is actually a world champion in western pleasure and had been started on cows. He'd been standing around for a while so I took him to a highly recommended cutting trainer. Much like your mare, he is a very well trained horse - just needed some cattle work. Somehow, that turned into the horse being "an outlaw" that that "little lady couldn't even lead" and this cutting trainer was able to fix all his problems. Except he didn't really put him on cows and other than being thinner, the horse wasn't any more broke when he came back. At least Kade wasn't made out to be a crazed fire breathing bronc. :lol:

I'm sorry it happened. I totally understand the new-to-town thing and have definitely been in your shoes. I'd also be alarmed at the how the trainer is now behaving.

Good luck with it!!

greysandbays
Jun. 29, 2008, 03:49 PM
#3) You stole that photo off of MY website. Since you've only linked it, I don't need to ask that you remove it. I've taken down ALL of Kade's photos and photos of all my other horses (just in case) until I can watermark them. If you now check your blog/website, you'll find a big empty box. Go steal someone else's horse photos.

Geez, ya coulda had soooooo much fun if you'd not told her anything about that and just replaced the picture on your site with a graphic (with the same file name as your previous Kade picture) of a cartoon trainer -- like a "something I found funny" item that would take on a whole new meaning when linked out of context on her site.

When confronted, you act all confused and wonder why anybody would be pilfering things off your website.

{We SO need a devil emoticon here!!!}

shakeytails
Jun. 29, 2008, 04:37 PM
Just wondering..... is your trainer lady perhaps an "Expert horse rider on behalf of Expert Village"??? ;)

Romany
Jun. 29, 2008, 04:56 PM
Just wondering..... is your trainer lady perhaps an "Expert horse rider on behalf of Expert Village"??? ;)

EXACTLY what I was thinking - Sara Stettner, wasn't that her name?!

This loopy trainer claims to be certified, right? In which case, report her to whoever/whatever certified her for unprofessional behaviour and utter lack of training, perhaps....

JohnDeere
Jun. 29, 2008, 05:46 PM
What is a certified trainer and just how do you become one? Call 1-888-Struthers? Take an exam? Pass a written test?

cloudyandcallie
Jun. 29, 2008, 05:57 PM
try to ignore her, but if she accosts you again, keep saying "no thank you". she'll tell everyone you are crazy, and she might have people who think she is a wonderful trainer, because they don't know any better.
just say "no thanks" when she offers to train your youngsters, and "no" when she asks to post your mare on her website. and check to make sure your mare is not on her website, the idiot husband of a crazy BO I had boarded with, look video pix of my Hessen running around and has posted them on his automobile website. A great endorsement for a spouse-abuser's restored jag website.
so when she asks for a reference, say "no, cannot do that, sorry".
don't try to spar with her cause she'll just get you into arguments. and raise your blood pressure.

cloudyandcallie
Jun. 29, 2008, 05:59 PM
What is a certified trainer and just how do you become one? Call 1-888-Struthers? Take an exam? Pass a written test?

I think you can do it online, or in several weeks of courses at universities with ag depts.

Ambrey
Jun. 29, 2008, 06:13 PM
With all that ground work, maybe she's Pirelli certified? :eek:

JohnDeere
Jun. 29, 2008, 06:23 PM
Isnt Pirelli a tire?

Ambrey
Jun. 29, 2008, 06:44 PM
Isnt Pirelli a tire?

Might be more effective in this case to use the tires than the proper spelling?

JohnDeere
Jun. 29, 2008, 06:49 PM
I thought maybe there was some hidden COTH meaning...aka people who try but cant follow Pat.

Ambrey
Jun. 29, 2008, 07:02 PM
I thought maybe there was some hidden COTH meaning...aka people who try but cant follow Pat.

Maybe I can start a new COTHism?

cloudyandcallie
Jun. 29, 2008, 07:05 PM
oh great, did someone snitch to her about your post of coth or does she post here too?
and she already has used your horse with you riding her on her website w/o permission?
first off, put c. 2008 on the bottom front of all your pix before you repost.
then tell her it's $25000 per pix to use them, up front. (why don't I have the little copyright symbol on my computer)
and watch out for that showing up at your house to confront you stuff. it can escalate.
be careful. if she is this "emotional" shall we say, then you need to be careful. for you and your family and your horses/dogs, etc.

Blind Alter
Jun. 29, 2008, 07:17 PM
Geez, ya coulda had soooooo much fun if you'd not told her anything about that and just replaced the picture on your site with a graphic (with the same file name as your previous Kade picture) of a cartoon trainer -- like a "something I found funny" item that would take on a whole new meaning when linked out of context on her site.

When confronted, you act all confused and wonder why anybody would be pilfering things off your website.

{We SO need a devil emoticon here!!!}

Darn it. I didn't think of that.

Whomever asked if she was young; no, she's maybe five years younger than me which would make her around thirty.

So to the visit: I hit the "send" button and I hear a car coming in the drive. Hubby yells up that it's TL and she's not alone. [Insert large sigh here] I walk downstairs and out to the porch and hubby, TL and her boyfriend are standing there. Soon as I got close enough, she began yelling at me about this thread and anything else she could think of. She even yelled at me about my horses name "because Kade is a stupid name and everyone will call her Kadie anyways".

Given her ridiculous behavior the previous day, hubby and I had already firmly decided this woman had a few missing parts in the melon department and had come to find it amusing. So when she began yelling at me, but hubby and I started to smirk. So the boy friend jumped in with "if you're such a pro, how come you're getting TL to train for you", then TL jumped in with an ever poinient "Yeah, how come you're asking me to train".

I said very little. I mostly couldn't. For starters I was on the verge of bursting into an all out belly laugh and I really didn't want to do that and secondly, the two of them wouldn't shut up. I'm going to get killed breaking my own horses; I don't have a "degree"; I had no right to start this thread; I had no business "wrecking" her website. All I could manage to squeak out, and I still couldn't do it with a straight face, was "I don't have anything new to say to you. You haven't listened to anything I've said in the last five weeks and I'm not going to waste my breath thinking you'll start now. So if you wouldn't mind leaving our farm now and not coming back".

So that was it. They toddled off to their little car and she dropped the rolled up paper she had in her hand (which turned out to be a printed copy of this thread, so now I know her user name on this board, another brilliant move) and they both flipped us the finger as they drove out the lane, which was just the perfect touch of class.

Hubby and I spent a few minutes laughing. I had a small pause about the fact that I'm new around here and this is NOT how I wanted things to go, then hubby and I laughed some more.

When I picked up the boys from their new friend's house TL's name did come up. Apparently she is known as being a bit of a fruit cake.

I just hope she stays away from me. I plan on giving her a wide birth should I run into her anywhere. And hubby and I are going to seriously consider putting up an indoor and getting me back into training full time. Think I'll let the dust settle first though.

JohnDeere
Jun. 29, 2008, 07:25 PM
**snort**few straws short indeed...

Itll take a whilt to get an indoor built. Start on it right away. Thatll fix her lil red wagon if she sees you training other horses!

dressagetraks
Jun. 29, 2008, 07:44 PM
Just read the whole thing. Unbelievable. And yet believable. I've known a couple of people like this, not horse trainers but if they had been, this is how they'd do it.

Have a good laugh, build your indoor, and steer clear. And go feed a few extra carrots to Kade.

tullyleague
Jun. 29, 2008, 07:54 PM

All right, Shakey. You owe me a new keyboard! :lol:

tullyleague
Jun. 29, 2008, 07:57 PM
**snort**few straws short indeed...

My favorite is, "The wheel is spinning, but the hamster's dead."

Blind Alter
Jun. 29, 2008, 08:12 PM

Haha. I missed that :lol:

Yes. Sara, I wonder whatever happened to her and poor old Rowdy, the horse with the patience of Jobe.

JoZ
Jun. 29, 2008, 08:16 PM
Or Jobie.

Gray Horse H/J
Jun. 29, 2008, 08:21 PM
Am I the only one dying to know who she is on here? Is she a regular poster? Do we all collectively roll our eyes at her posts? Oh the curiosity!!

JoZ
Jun. 29, 2008, 08:30 PM
Am I the only one dying to know who she is on here? Is she a regular poster? Do we all collectively roll our eyes at her posts? Oh the curiosity!!

No, no. You are SO not the only one.

Simkie
Jun. 29, 2008, 08:37 PM
No, no. You are SO not the only one.

Me too, me too!

I would love to see her post and explain why she went back to square one with a well broke horse!!

Trakehner
Jun. 29, 2008, 08:38 PM
Phewee! Delusions of Adequacy...big time.

Blind Alter
Jun. 29, 2008, 08:47 PM

I'd love to post it, but I'm not 100% sure it's hers. Could be a friend of hers printed it out for and that's the friends user name.

At any rate, it's no one I recognized and there weren't many posts made (43) with that ID and none of them were very recent.

I too keep hoping TL will swing on through here and respond. That would be fun, and informative since I never did get and answer out of her as to what she was trying to do with my poor exasperated mare.

ybiaw
Jun. 29, 2008, 09:05 PM
I'd love to post it, but I'm not 100% sure it's hers. Could be a friend of hers printed it out for and that's the friends user name.

At any rate, it's no one I recognized and there weren't many posts made (43) with that ID and none of them were very recent.

I too keep hoping TL will swing on through here and respond. That would be fun, and informative since I never did get and answer out of her as to what she was trying to do with my poor exasperated mare.

Baaaah, as desperate as we all are to have you out this person, I don't think that would be wise.

So sorry you're having to go through all this. Just be careful with your emails back and forth....and honestly? If she and/or her boyfriend showed up on my property again, I'd call the cops. You never know what those crazazy people are capable of doing. :no:

mustangtrailrider
Jun. 29, 2008, 09:09 PM
This is the reason I am afraid to take my paso to a trainer. I have taken my horses to trainers in the past and been sorely disappointed. How do you know where to go?

I hate these trainer-types. Find me an honest one. LOL.

It is trainers like this that give them a bad rap. It is hard to decipher through the BS.

BlindAlter-What an interesting woman! I feel sorry for the poor horses she "trains".

thumbsontop
Jun. 29, 2008, 10:18 PM
I do love the Sally Struthers line - and love even more that it went right over her head. It doesn't sound like you burned any worthwhile bridges.

Now, how do you find a good trainer for Kade? :lol:

Pat
Jun. 29, 2008, 10:20 PM
I think the best part is that *you* ruined *her* website by deleting your own photos from your own website. wow.

Does she still have the links active? I can send you some photos of Breyer horses, tacked up and everything. Now THAT would be funny.

You are nicer than me. I'da let her have it pretty much right away. First week, GONE baby. I'm paying you to ride the horse, not play with it. And to have the 'nads to drive up to your house, twice?

What was the BF for? Backup? There's the advantage my my BF. He's a wee bit scarey when he gets riled up. They would have run off fairly concerned for thier saftey.

TL, since I'm sure you are reading, fess up. If you are so freeking special then you have nothing to hide, right?

gloriginger
Jun. 29, 2008, 10:58 PM
See, this is a perfect example of why these "horsemanship schools" are not only useless, but dangerous. Anyone can go and pay the money and become certified (and I have a good hunch as to which school this actually is given the inclusive attitude...;)) but the bottom line is that to be a trainer, you have to have good horse sense, and that is something that you either have or you don't- you can't really learn it. - Horse training isn't a one size fits all job- they are all different and require thinking and problem solving to get through to them- certainly not covered in the "apprenticship" training.

In situations like this it is best to take a step back, grab a chair and some snacks, and wait for things to unfold. This will be interesting. You sound like a very competent horsewoman, and perhaps the lesson in this for you is that there is definitely a need for a good trainer in your new town.

Also in the I'd love to know who this is club!

Gray Horse H/J
Jun. 29, 2008, 11:04 PM
There must be something wrong with me. I keep checking this thread hoping that TL will come here and post something. Maybe I haven't read enough good trainwrecks lately or something? :lol:

Ambrey
Jun. 29, 2008, 11:36 PM
My favorite is, "The wheel is spinning, but the hamster's dead."

A few tacos short of a combination plate.

Posting Trot
Jun. 30, 2008, 09:06 AM
The elevator doesn't go to the top floor.

horse-loverz
Jun. 30, 2008, 09:20 AM
A few french fries short of a happy meal..

ybiaw
Jun. 30, 2008, 09:33 AM
A few bricks short of a load.

gloriginger
Jun. 30, 2008, 09:34 AM
Oh, I love these...

"sharp as the edge of town."

"He was born in the middle of the week looking both ways for Sunday"

"If she was any dumber, we'd have to water her"

ybiaw
Jun. 30, 2008, 09:37 AM
"If she was any dumber, we'd have to water her"

:lol:

horse-loverz
Jun. 30, 2008, 09:41 AM
Idjit

talkofthetown
Jun. 30, 2008, 10:06 AM
A few tacos short of a combination plate.

Alright, did you get that from Genius in France? :winkgrin:

I've been reading this thread fascinated. I agree with another post; it's easy money. Whether she's just plain dumb, or she's really smart and coniving, it's real easy to charge Xhundred a month to walk a horse around a round pen. Shoot, I could do that, and then some. Where can I sign up?

Blind, good luck! I hope that no lasting damage has been done to your rep. in the new town. Sounds like you did everything you could do.

p.s. I loff the name Kade! :D

trubandloki
Jun. 30, 2008, 12:11 PM
I like Kade, so there silly trainer.

I know I refuse to deal withe a 'professional' of any sort that speaks to me with such things like 'you will not understand' and the like. Heck, even my human dentists draws pictures and explains things when I ask stupid questions and I am sure he is smarter than I am and he could legitimately say that I will not understand.

What a horrible way to treat someone you want as a client, telling them they just will not understand.

Blind Alter
Jun. 30, 2008, 04:38 PM
This is going to be my last post on this thread (besides, I must be giving a certain poster a run for her money on highest character count to per post ratio).

But, I'm pretty P/O'd and must vent before I explode. Here goes my last novel length post and it's a hum-zinger.

The theme today is "What did Crayola ever do to you?"

In my mail box this morning was a hand written note from TL. Written in CRAYON (I'm guessing due to my few crayons missing email. But seriously, who writes in crayon for any reason unless you're under the age of five?). I wish I had a scanner or some way to put it online. It's too long for me to re-key here. It eight pages and it looks as the crayon got duller, the printing got larger. The last three pages look like a grade one student's first essay attempt - It's priceless.

Here's the synopsis.

- that I am cruel to my horses because I a) use harsh bits; b) won't pay a "professional"; c) I ride them too hard; d) I jump and jumping is cruel; e) real horseman don't use shoes.

- that I am rude and mean because I a) started this thread; b) took down all my photos; c) called her crazy; d) laughed in her face.

- that I better not dare start my own training center because: a) "this town's not big enough for the both of us"; b) I don't know what I'm doing; c) no one would use me anyways because I don't know what I'm doing; d) she's better, so no one will use me; e) that I'd have to pay people to get them to bring me their horses, because I don't have a degree; f) she has a degree.

- that I must remove this thread or she will do it for me (?) and if I don't she's going to sue me for loss of business (?)

- that she's suing us anyways because I broke the training agreement.

- that my husband is fat.

- that I'm fat and ugly.

- that my children are stupid.

- that the rest of my horses (aside Kadie, again with the Kadie) are not worth the price of a box of crayons (she's really got an issue with the crayon comment) and she would have had to lower her standards to take them in.

- that we should sell our farm and move to a place where the rest of the stupid fat people live because we'd be happier with our own kind.

- she also makes mention that she's emailed her "many important friends" a link to this thread and that "they are all coming here to defend her".

There went a pleasant morning out the window.

To top it off TL has Kade's photo back up on her blog. She's also taken my email, edited it and posted it "to show what kind of person I am". There's little I can do about that at the moment, but I have a few clever ideas up my sleeve. To TL's "many important friends" (if you exist): Please take a look at post #22. That was the email exchange. That is what I wrote. Yes, I most certainly did infer she was crazy and I'm going to again several more times before this post is over.

Hubby is out right now on the dozer starting to level for the arena (we had checked all the set backs and requirements in future anticipation before we bought this place). He's very annoyed with all of this now and highly motivated as a result. TL called him fat! He's not fat, he's big boned and very upset by TL's crayon issued insult. He may just sue for mental distress and also for the pure joy of being able to present an eight page, hand scribbled note, written in crayon, in court (he's easily amused). Thank you TL for printing your name and address in big block letters, dating and then signing it. You're about as sharp as what's likely left of that red crayon of yours. In the immortal words of Homer Simpson "D'OH!".

My web site is being updated this week and I will be offering training. I almost feel that I have to now. I've called a few of my old and better clients (even though they're now over two hours away) and I've already got two horses confirmed for 60 days each. Since I can really only take four client horses in at a time here, I'm pretty darn pleased with myself. It's helping to take the sting out of this whole mess. Wow, chalk one up for a lesson learned though. I'm going to pour corn syrup over my farrier and tie him to a lawn chair over top a fire ant hill (He's actually really sorry. He was here this afternoon and has seen the crayon written flame letter. He's very angry. TL may just need a new farrier).

A now, a note to TL, since I know she's reading:

As far as I'm concerned, you're just plain crazy. I am so tempted to go buy a scanner so I can post your eight pages of crayon issued hateful spew, I still just might. I'm posting this message to you on a public forum, because there is no way on earth I'm emailing you directly and allow another opportunity for you to manipulate and change my words. It's here for all to read, just as I have written it (until a mod intervenes).

I really tried to just part company gracefully and without malice despite you essentially ripping me off for training, that as far as I'm concerned, you did not do. I cut the training short for a reason and I made that reason clear in a very nice and non-confrontational way.

I started this thread seeking advice on how to deal with a trainer, who really didn't do their job at all, but still felt they had a right to ask and even push for a reference. I had hoped to find a way that would be tactful and allow everyone to leave the situation satisfied - so much for that plan. I did it anonymously and at this point, no one knows who exactly TL is. If it were not against the rules of every BB I know of to post who you really are, I'd be doing it. People should be warned.

The logic behind you showing up at our farm the first time, uninvited, and treating me like an idiot in some twisted effort to try bully me into giving you a reference and more business escapes myself and my chubby hubby entirely.

YOU set this ball rolling. YOU made promises (in writing) and did not deliver. YOU refused to acknowledge your client's concerns and then proceeded to badger for references and more business even after the client (me) said they weren't happy. Then YOU stole photos and put up completely false information about Kade and her training on your blog (twice). Then YOU sent an email demanding things you had no sane right to demand. Then YOU showed up at our farm a second time, again uninvited, and acted like a lunatic. Ending with YOU writing an eight page letter (in crayon) that you dated and signed, which only further displays just how unbalanced you truly are.

You are acting like a spoiled two year old that hasn't gotten her way and been told "no", except you're thirty and you should really know better. No wonder people say all horse people are nuts and all trainers are con artists. You my dear, need what remains of your crayons taken from you and should be thrown in a padded room. No sane adult, or even half sane, would write what you wrote in CRAYON and eight pages of it at that. That's just over the top, out of the park, home run crazy. And over what? Because I took issue with your training (or lack there of) of my mare and opted not to provide a reference or any additional business. I expressed myself in a professional adult manner and was trying to walk away gracefully. You on the other hand, were fantastically rude, insulting, condescending and have now gone completely off the deep end.

Enough is enough already. Please leave my fat, stupid family alone. No more crayon scribbled notes in the mail box, no more emails, no phone calls, nothing. You're not welcome here. *To the readers of this thread; yes, I'm alerting the authorities now to this situation before it escalates any further.

Oh and by the way, I AM a CERTIFIED LEVEL THREE and it took years of work and effort achieve that. I also do have my very own degree, but it's only a simple Master's in Biochem and alas Sally Struthers had nothing to do with my school.

horse-loverz
Jun. 30, 2008, 04:49 PM
:eek::eek::eek: Wow!! she does have brass ones.:eek::eek I want to know how you lost her business when you haven't listed even the state you are in. The only identifying factor is your horses name but gosh that would even limit those that might know to a limited few. She is choosing to put the horse with the same name on her website (twice) so she is making the connection herself thereby shooting herself in the foot. Where is that fruitbat again???:confused: So sorry you had to go through this. I have dealt with a Psycho Trainer before and feel your pain. I would be a bit concerned for my animals though just because she is so unbalanced. Maybe you should get a restraining order on her and her BF just in case. Especially if you are starting to go into training again. Good luck :yes:

staceymc
Jun. 30, 2008, 04:58 PM
I'm begging you to post the crayon letter. I'll even help chip in for the scanner. People never fail to amaze me!

cowgirljenn
Jun. 30, 2008, 04:58 PM
:eek::eek::eek: Wow!! she does have brass ones.:eek::eek I want to know how you lost her business when you haven't listed even the state you are in.

Yeah, but now I want to know what state the OP is in - I might need to send HER a horse (not crayon-note TL).

Ambrey
Jun. 30, 2008, 05:03 PM
LOL, she sounds a lot like someone I know! Only she didn't insult your clothes or tell you that everyone hates you and your horse and laughs at you behind your back ;)

I hope you and your fat hubby and stupid kids recover from the trauma! I know my own unemployed loser hubby and bratty learning disabled kids seem to have come through my own experience with a loon fairly unscathed (although my hubby has definitely started espousing the "all horse people are crazy" tenet).

tmo0hul
Jun. 30, 2008, 05:08 PM
Is this woman perhaps a daughter of Celetia of Crossed Sabers? :lol:

ybiaw
Jun. 30, 2008, 05:10 PM
This is going to be my last post on this thread (besides, I must be giving a certain poster a run for her money on highest character count to per post ratio).

Hold on just a HOT SECOND.

Did this TL crazazy person post something to the forum today? Something quite long-winded? I'm gonna have to go look at it. I want to see this crayola letter. I could use a laugh.

JoZ
Jun. 30, 2008, 05:17 PM
No, I think the OP is referring to someone else. I too thought it might be a hint about TL but I don't think so.

cloudyandcallie
Jun. 30, 2008, 05:22 PM
if the woman who is harassing op for not letting her use Kade on her website, etc., is such a good trainer, how come she is not using pix of all the horses she has trained, and references from all her satisfied customers?

ybiaw
Jun. 30, 2008, 05:24 PM
No, I think the OP is referring to someone else. I too thought it might be a hint about TL but I don't think so.

Yes, I think so too, now that I think about it some more.

if the woman who is harassing op for not letting her use Kade on her website, etc., is such a good trainer, how come she is not using pix of all the horses she has trained, and references from all her satisfied customers?

Yeah!

Blind Alter
Jun. 30, 2008, 05:24 PM
I'm going to post the Crayola letter. I have to. I need to suck as much slap stick humor as I can out of this.

Give me a couple of days to get a scanner.

One thing I'd like to know; where are TL's "many important friends". :confused:

BuddyRoo
Jun. 30, 2008, 05:38 PM
This is freaking classic!

Hooboy! I NEEDED this one today. Bah haaaha ha ha ha!!!!

Crayon. Lord.

greysandbays
Jun. 30, 2008, 05:40 PM
One thing I'd like to know; where are TL's "many important friends". :confused:

All in her head, most likely. :cool:

catknsn
Jun. 30, 2008, 06:36 PM

I am with hubby. If that is the best you can find locally, it seems to me that you have an opportunity.

Get back into it and whip her butt a few times in the show ring just to make your point. The kind of patronizing attitude you got from her would surely make ME want to do just that!

catknsn
Jun. 30, 2008, 06:38 PM
Holy crapola, Blind Alter, are you in Oregon? I think I know who TL is and I think I just blasted her anon on my blog too!

TL is the person who created the Statue Filly (for those of you who read the Very Large Colt blog)

Never mind, just read that she's 30. OK there are two of them. LOL.

talkofthetown
Jun. 30, 2008, 07:07 PM
This just keeps getting better and better. Hurry and buy that scanner!!

And let us know where you live, I'll send you some horses to train:winkgrin: :lol:

equusrocks
Jun. 30, 2008, 08:43 PM
One would have hoped that she realized it is illegal to put anything into someone elses mailbox unless you are the mail carrier...

Anyone else a howard stern fan??? Anyone else remember the show where howard talked about, Ronnie the limo driver and crayon written letter??? That was first thing that came to my mind...:lol:

Anyhow, good luck Blind Alter...

Pat
Jun. 30, 2008, 09:09 PM
Dear GOD....

mail the thing to me and I'LL scan it and send it right back!

Couple of fries short of a Happy Meal for sure...

GET a restraining order, NOW.

If I lived near ya, I'd send you a horse to 'train' for fun. Some how, with the cows and all, I don't think you are in NJ.

Gray Horse H/J
Jun. 30, 2008, 09:34 PM
Holy crap! I want to see the Crayloa letter, too!

Damn, some people are fricken nuts, huh?

Sorry you're dealing with this, Blind Alter. I sure don't envy you!

Julz
Jun. 30, 2008, 09:54 PM
Wow, ain't she somethin'? This thread has been great, and thank you OP for sharing your experience. It just reconfirms that there are a lot of people out there who think they are trainers, god's gift to the uninformed, and that they're going to make a lot of money because they 'have a degree.' wowza, wowza, wowza.

I just can't believe that she had the nerve to come to your house- twice! in an attempt to ream you. In addition to a restraining order, a nice locked gait could come in handy.

Be safe, and I wish you the best of luck with your new arena, beautiful horses, and of course, good, level-headed clients. :)

I am among the many who can hardly wait to see the crayon letter. :D

gloriginger
Jun. 30, 2008, 10:12 PM
not 100% sure on this, but I am pretty sure that it is illegal to threaten to sue someone and NOT do it...at any rate, batshit crazy fursure!

Altamont Sport Horses
Jun. 30, 2008, 10:50 PM
I would also love to send you a horse, just so you'd have clients coming out of your ears. :yes:

I also recommend you get a restraining order. This one is "certifiable" and I'm not talking in a Sally Struthers sort of way. She's paranoid, irrational and obviously oblivious to social boundaries. The wacko letter in crayon should be all you need to make a judge understand that you and your "fat stupid family" need a restraining order. C R A Z Y :eek:

Would love to see that letter as well. Wow.

coriander
Jun. 30, 2008, 11:42 PM
Well, from the color at least you know where she stands - she's honked and not gonna forget it. Everybody knows when you want to resolve a dispute you use blue crayon. :lol:

T.G.I.F.
Jun. 30, 2008, 11:43 PM
Take digital pictures of the letter one page at a time and post it that way.

HungarianHippo
Jul. 1, 2008, 12:00 AM
any kinkos or copy store or even your library probaby has a biz hub machine that can scan it to a $5 memory stick. or hell, fax it to me with yr email addy and I'll email it to you in like 3 seconds.

Pat
Jul. 1, 2008, 12:43 AM
LOL. we are alll desparate to read something written with a crayon!! hehehe

JoZ
Jul. 1, 2008, 01:01 AM
She reminds me of a trainer I used last summer. No clear progress with either of the two horses she was working with, but I stupidly thought she was doing no harm and heck, it was getting the horses out and handled and groomed when I had other horses and obligations to deal with. There were some warning signs that I should have heeded, in retrospect, but she was fairly inexpensive, she came to my farm, and she was consistent, at least about showing up. Guess that's not quite enough to go on.

Dismayed when two months had gone by without her getting onto my 4yo mare (she was supposed to be starting her), I took said mare to a colt starting clinic with a well-respected cowboy TYPE trainer. A friend took my 2yo gelding to be started at the same clinic. Everything the clinician said that was good was my trainer's doing, or referred to something SHE had taught them (um, she had barely even touched the gelding). Everything negative was mean or not true.

That night after Day 1 of the clinic I got a long rambling phone message about how she was looking forward to riding both of the horses once they got home, and how well she had prepared them. Well the gelding had nothing to do with her, and the mare ended up flunking out. She had let the mare set the agenda (why I was wrong about it being good to have them worked even if nothing was getting done) and made the mare's general obstinacy that much worse. Oh, but the trainer didn't get to SEE the mare flunk out. She came on Day 2 of the clinic (I was PAYING her to attend the clinic to identify training holes) and I wasn't giving her enough attention or credit, I don't know, she left in a huff and didn't come back for Day 3 or 4. More money down the drain.

The sad thing was that she was riding yet another horse of mine, and they got along pretty nicely (mare 2 was green broke). And she was giving me lessons and it was clicking quite well (more stretching and exercises than horsemanship but that's what I needed). When I called her to tell her that she wouldn't be riding either mare 1 or the gelding, I said I'd be happy to have her keep riding mare 2 and teaching me. But she quit in a big snit, not returning my phone call and telling a mutual acquaintance how ungrateful and wrong I was -- and I later heard she gave up all her training gigs and disappeared.

Perhaps she went to live near Blind Alter!! :eek:

Jul. 1, 2008, 01:20 AM
Blind Alter,

You can go to Kinko's and have "it" scanned onto a cd...

Cheers!

BansheeBreeze
Jul. 1, 2008, 01:27 AM
if she was a SMART con artist, she would have just walked off with the money. No no. She's a moron. I can't wait for this letter (and I'm DYING to see her website!)

goeslikestink
Jul. 1, 2008, 03:40 AM

thats an easy one-------- as she was her only client haha

personally i would go for harrasment as its a crimnal offence with a sentence
as you have reasons and evidence and times of visits without permisson on your property
so tresspass, and put an injunction on the person
plus using picctures without permisson now thats adds stealing to it

trubandloki
Jul. 1, 2008, 06:51 AM
This trainer is giving crayons a bad name. :yes: Crayons are fun even when you are over 40.

I have a horse the OP can train too. She sounds like a reasonable type and I am sure she can make progress much quicker than this crazy trainer lady does. Heck, maybe having a fat husband and stupid kids makes being a good trainer easier....who knows.... ;)

I can not wait to see the scans of the letter.

I am still waiting for the trainer lady's friends to start posting. I am sure they are here some where. Oh, I know, they can't find the sharpener for their crayons.

minnie
Jul. 1, 2008, 07:46 AM
Geez, they're everywhere aren't they?! I sent my broke horse to training farm to be legged up. The week before I sent him there, we went out into the middle of my 4 acre pasture, tacked him up, lunged him 2 circles worth in both directions and climbed aboard. Spent 15 minutes doing circles, figure 8's, walk and trot. He didn't put a foot wrong. Oh, and he hadn't been TOUCHED for the previous 2 months before we did that. Shipped him off a few days later and I spent over $3k for them to UNTRAIN him. They spent the first whole week longeing under tack in the round pen. (Didn't I say he was BROKE?) Next I learned that they were jogging him in the field because they couldn't get him up the hill without rearing! Result was that after all that time and money lost I got back a horse with questionable manners who had a dirty stop, drop shoulder, do a 180 spin and launch rider. Catapault rider might better describe it. Took absolutely forever to try and cure him of this little behavior. Tried a different trainer for the next 2 I had started and I won't even begin to tell of that horror story. Still dealing with major issues with those 2.

By the way, I believe putting something in your mailbox without using stamp and postal service is a federal offense! LOL Turn them in!

grandprixjump
Jul. 1, 2008, 08:20 AM
http://www.equinedegreeonline.com/

And I thought I made a mistake years ago attending Meredith Manor when they filed Bankrupsy and STOLE a lot of students money. The online version looks like a REAL WINNER.

Pat
Jul. 1, 2008, 08:53 AM
wow. I have an equine degree. I worked VERY hard to get it, 4 years of 'real' college and I have a 'real' BA. wow. I don't know what to say about that 'school' except that I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Come on TL, you KNOW that's the school you went to!!

ybiaw
Jul. 1, 2008, 09:21 AM
What's the latest today????? This is better than ANY soap opera, almost as good as the Florida Horse Saga!!! ;)

ETA: BREYER State University?!?!?!?! Seriously?

riverbell93
Jul. 1, 2008, 10:11 AM
Maybe the OP should quit while she's still ahead slightly. I mean, come on. The trainer did an inadequate job, you vented online, she came over to your house and had a my-man-is-bigger-than-your-man hissy fit in your front yard. The basic issue you started with was that she seemed a little nutty; now you have confirmation that she's a little nutty. Now quit rattling her cage. I say this not out of particular love for nutty people, but because so many of the things being discussed here - posting the crayon letter, starting up a training business to spite her, the increasingly childish tone of the OP's responses to her - are reducing the OP to the trainer's level. The trainer's got some mental or emotional/maturity problems driving her bad behavior; if you 'mess' with her for fun, you've got no real excuse except for malice.

I hope the OP doesn't take this the wrong way. I just hate to see the 'normal' side of a bad neighbor situation do silly things to escalate the problems with a nutcase, because I've seen it happen. No matter how much the nut may deserve it, or how badly they've behaved, it's not worth it to anger them just for yucks. If you want to respond, take the crayon letter to the police. That'll infuriate the nut, but it will also give you a record of her behavior if she escalates beyond name-calling.

BuddyRoo
Jul. 1, 2008, 10:28 AM
Because SOMEONE will surely get a giggle out of this.....

....I had a dream about this last night!

In my dream, I moved yet again to a new town where I knew no one. I was looking for board, but the only place I could find also required that your horse be in training. I figured it wouldn't hurt for a month or so even though my mare is 17, been there done that and kid broke/bomb proof. The gal seemed nice enough and the facility was clean and safe so I went back to sign a contract.

Contract was presented in crayon. Magenta. I was offered a box of 64 colors to choose from to sign. I started reaching for plum.

Then I remembered this post. Put my sharp crayon back, thanked her for her time and left. And made a mental note that I just HAD to go to COTH and post.

And then I woke up.

I'm not kidding. I woke up laughing this morning. :lol:

Miss-O
Jul. 1, 2008, 10:35 AM
After she wrote an 8 page letter in crayon I bet that poor red crayon is nothing but a thrown out little stub now.

So at least you can take heart in the fact that now she really is at least one crayon short of a box. :D

Seriously though. I've met a few people in my life that sound just like this person, although not quite as bad as this lunatic sounds. They make you want to crawl under a rock and never talk to anyone again.

What is wrong with people. :no:

talkofthetown
Jul. 1, 2008, 11:27 AM
Because SOMEONE will surely get a giggle out of this.....

....I had a dream about this last night!

In my dream, I moved yet again to a new town where I knew no one. I was looking for board, but the only place I could find also required that your horse be in training. I figured it wouldn't hurt for a month or so even though my mare is 17, been there done that and kid broke/bomb proof. The gal seemed nice enough and the facility was clean and safe so I went back to sign a contract.

Contract was presented in crayon. Magenta. I was offered a box of 64 colors to choose from to sign. I started reaching for plum.

Then I remembered this post. Put my sharp crayon back, thanked her for her time and left. And made a mental note that I just HAD to go to COTH and post.

And then I woke up.

I'm not kidding. I woke up laughing this morning. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: so not right!!

trubandloki
Jul. 1, 2008, 11:31 AM
BuddyRoo thank you for the good laugh!

Everythingbutwings
Jul. 1, 2008, 12:57 PM
I'm a little disappointed. TL has yet to achieve the dizzying heights of COTH's Kraziest. No middle of the night phone call to Bob Banner threatening to sue the magazine? :no:

My sister has a great way of shutting down people who link to her website. She inserts code that causes their site to scroll a banner across "I Steal My Graphics I Steal My Graphics I Steal My Graphics" :winkgrin:

caffeinated
Jul. 1, 2008, 01:20 PM
I'm a little disappointed. TL has yet to achieve the dizzying heights of COTH's Kraziest. No middle of the night phone call to Bob Banner threatening to sue the magazine? :no:

And no houseguests, despite having given all her "influential" friends links to the thread?

How disappointing... houseguests are my absolute favorite.

Appassionato
Jul. 1, 2008, 01:51 PM
I have just read this thread from start to finish, and I'm voting early for this to be the funniest COTH thread of the year! OMG I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. :winkgrin: I also want to see the crayon note! You can even block off the name/signature if needed.

pacificsolo, sorry about your hubby and I hope all goes well.

Julz
Jul. 1, 2008, 01:53 PM
BuddyRoo- that was priceless. Thx for sharing and for the good laugh. I too dream about things that I've read, or gotten a good visual on. Funny how the mind works, isn't it?

Just hoping the TL goes away and stays away, since certainly in this situation, the OP can't just walk away.

Saidapal
Jul. 1, 2008, 02:37 PM
I was sitting here reading this thread when my boss walked by and asked me what I was smiling about....rut-roh....told him nothing work related...oops.

This has been the best thread ever. What an interesting town you live in!

But seriously - be careful and I wouldn't post the letter even though I would pay money to read it. Unstable people should be handled carefully. I also would give the letter to the police for safekeeping.

PS: Your husband sounds like a treasure.

BuddyRoo
Jul. 1, 2008, 09:29 PM
bumping this up for a friend because this is fabulous stuff.....I think I've referred about 4 people the thread this evening for some comedic relief. :D

SillyHorse
Jul. 1, 2008, 09:58 PM
I have just read this thread from start to finish, and I'm voting early for this to be the funniest COTH thread of the year! OMG I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. :winkgrin: I also want to see the crayon note! You can even block off the name/signature if needed.

pacificsolo, sorry about your hubby and I hope all goes well.
Same here, pacificsolo.

I agree that this is one for the favorites! Great comedy! :lol:

Aimee Thanatogenus
Jul. 2, 2008, 02:27 AM
Threads like these are what make the COTH board incredible.

I need to see this letter and want to slap this know-nothing-know-it-all down very hard. She needs it, spoiled little arrogant creep of a girl. Too old to be acting like a 15 year old.

Has a degree. From where? My Pretty Pony School of Beauty and Carrot Sticks?

She's one crazy girl. Small towns are like that, though. They breed mediocre morons who think they are the biggest thing who hit town, a town of 810.

Saidapal
Jul. 2, 2008, 08:33 AM
My Pretty Pony School of Beauty and Carrot Sticks:lol::lol:

I HAVE to remember this for later use!!!!!

Appassionato
Jul. 2, 2008, 12:34 PM
Threads like these are what make the COTH board incredible.

I need to see this letter and want to slap this know-nothing-know-it-all down very hard. She needs it, spoiled little arrogant creep of a girl. Too old to be acting like a 15 year old.

Has a degree. From where? My Pretty Pony School of Beauty and Carrot Sticks?

She's one crazy girl. Small towns are like that, though. They breed mediocre morons who think they are the biggest thing who hit town, a town of 810.

Watch out! The "TL Mafia" (both members, snort!) might come after you! :eek::lol:

SillyHorse
Jul. 2, 2008, 12:55 PM
Watch out! The "TL Mafia" (both members, snort!) might come after you! :eek::lol:
:lol::lol::lol: Both members! :lol::lol::lol:

ybiaw
Jul. 2, 2008, 01:10 PM
I hereby nominate this thread as a COTH Favorite!!!

anuphillbattle
Jul. 2, 2008, 01:59 PM
:D while this is certainly up there with the funniest...

it isn't the most popular ...yet... see the Crossed sabers threads. Lots of drama, illegality, threats, stupidity and also deeply concerned people worried about the threats to turn horses loose and not properly treating injuries which SHOULD have Vet, and terrible treatment of many adopters, donors and ex men in her life :eek::eek::eek:

http://www.chronicleforums.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=116746

http://www.chronicleforums.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=69766

I think the all time high is 'Recovery of Mare'
http://www.chronicleforums.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=87887

Appassionato
Jul. 2, 2008, 02:06 PM

it isn't the most popular ...yet... see the Crossed sabers threads. Lots of drama, illegality, threats, stupidity and also deeply concerned people worried about the threats to turn horses loose and not properly treating injuries which SHOULD have Vet, and terrible treatment of many adopters, donors and ex men in her life :eek::eek::eek:

Oh yes, the second thread you linked (the original thread) is when I got my nickname of "Asspantio" and "Asspants". I still crack up when I think of that. :D I haven't followed much of the second thread (first link you added), but no doubt Celeita will always be a hot topic!

gieriscm
Jul. 2, 2008, 02:51 PM
I hereby nominate this thread as a COTH Favorite!!!

What about the one where a poor college student in TN sold a TB mare to people in FL? The horse went out on trial, was shown by the new owners, there were delays on decision-making by the buyers, and most everyone here thought the seller was going to end up ripped off IIRC. I thought the world was going to end with that one - it's not often that everyone on COTH agrees!

ybiaw
Jul. 2, 2008, 03:05 PM
What about the one where a poor college student in FL sold a TB mare to people in FL? The horse went out on trial, was shown by the new owners, there were delays on decision-making by the buyers, and most everyone here thought the seller was going to end up ripped off IIRC. I thought the world was going to end with that one - it's not often that everyone on COTH agrees!

That one is the Florida Horse Saga and is already one of the favorites. :)

Ambrey
Jul. 2, 2008, 03:22 PM
Oh yes, the second thread you linked (the original thread) is when I got my nickname of "Asspantio" and "Asspants". I still crack up when I think of that. :D I haven't followed much of the second thread (first link you added), but no doubt Celeita will always be a hot topic!

I can't read a post from you without remembering. And NOTHING sticks in my brain, so it must have been good!

MandyVA
Jul. 2, 2008, 03:26 PM
OP can't you give us a few good search terms we could put in google and find her website?? I've tried everything I can think of!

JoZ
Jul. 2, 2008, 03:45 PM
Yes I would've thought that googling "Kadie" would come up with something, but alas, no.

Perhaps Blind Alter made up the whole story and is hurriedly composing in crayon to satisfy the fan base.

No, I don't really think that... I'm just trying to keep the thread alive while we wait for more installments from the OP.

Aimee Thanatogenus
Jul. 2, 2008, 04:13 PM
That "asspantio" post was a keyboard-replacer. :lol::lol::lol:

Show me the crayon!

ybiaw
Jul. 2, 2008, 04:15 PM
Oh I know. I'm totally ruined now. Every time I see Appasionato's name, I say "Asspantio" to myself, and then start giggling. :D

MandyVA
Jul. 2, 2008, 05:01 PM
Am I going to have to read this asspants thread to find out what all the fun was about? I'm supposed to be working!

JoZ
Jul. 2, 2008, 05:20 PM
You could read it all, you'd get the gist of it better that way. But the synopsis: It was a pretty serious conversation with rapid posting and a lot of us reading as new facts were put in. And someone followed one of Appassionato's posts with her agreement, saying something like "I agree with what Asspantio said..." and went on. I was reading so fast I went right into the posting and then said "WAHAHAHA! What the heck was THAT?! ASSPANTIO!!" Seems like everyone had about the same reaction.

Major spewage and keyboard clean-up ensued.

MandyVA
Jul. 2, 2008, 05:27 PM
Darn, I was hoping someone pulled asspantio out as a major insult, because that would have been pretty clever. Not that I have any reason to think appassionato deserves to be insulted.

arabhorse2
Jul. 2, 2008, 05:44 PM
Naw Mandy, but what was sooo hilarious was the poster was trying to be so serious in her reply to Appassionato.

It all went rather vaudeville after that. :lol:

Sorry Appass, but I still see "Asspantio" whenever I come across your name now, too. ;)

EponaRoan
Jul. 2, 2008, 05:48 PM
I think asspantio whenever I see thongs now! :lol::lol::lol:

Ambrey
Jul. 2, 2008, 05:48 PM
I can't see a crossed sabers thread without thinking about asspantio.

eclipse
Jul. 2, 2008, 05:59 PM
Could it be.......could she of moved next door to "ali blah blah" Didn't she used to boast that she had "influential friends"?????? And, didn't SHE used to say that she was going to "train" horses??????? Oh could it really be her????

Appassionato
Jul. 2, 2008, 08:36 PM
Because I remember what semester I was in and a certain wicked final I was facing...I remembered the time frame and found the post:

http://www.chronicleforums.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=69766&page=23

It's post #450. ;)

Darn, I was hoping someone pulled asspantio out as a major insult, because that would have been pretty clever. Not that I have any reason to think appassionato deserves to be insulted.

There had been some misunderstandings and heated arguments in that thread, but in this particular case it was just a typo. I sat there a few minutes probably like everyone else did, trying to "get" the joke of it. When I realized it was a typo, I howled with laughter! Poor poster felt terrible once they realized the mistake, but I honestly thought that was the funniest typo I'd seen in a long time. :D

talkofthetown
Jul. 2, 2008, 09:27 PM
OP can't you give us a few good search terms we could put in google and find her website?? I've tried everything I can think of!

Didn't Blind Alter say "this is my last post under this alter" a few pages ago? While I'm on pins and needles with the rest of you, I'm not sure she's coming back...

talkofthetown
Jul. 2, 2008, 09:31 PM
I was googling and a result came up as "Kadie is now training for a new job and I think she will be really good at ... is in training with this horse and the large crowd that might be a bit much. ..."

That's it, right?

No. "Kadie Jay" is this woman's daughter. How anti-climactic can you get??

Gray Horse H/J
Jul. 2, 2008, 09:35 PM
Didn't Blind Alter say "this is my last post under this alter" a few pages ago? While I'm on pins and needles with the rest of you, I'm not sure she's coming back...

But she HAS to come back!!!! We want the Crayola letter!

DMK
Jul. 2, 2008, 09:36 PM

And I do believe you will have to invoke ayrab jumpers +++///+++ or lunging at Devon before you completely jump the shark on a thread. :D

talkofthetown
Jul. 2, 2008, 09:42 PM
But she HAS to come back!!!! We want the Crayola letter!

I know she HAS to come back! People will reach through their computers and strangle her if she doesn't. I'm just sayin, though, she threatened to stop posting.
:eek:

onthebit
Jul. 2, 2008, 09:46 PM
What about the one where a poor college student in TN sold a TB mare to people in FL? The horse went out on trial, was shown by the new owners, there were delays on decision-making by the buyers, and most everyone here thought the seller was going to end up ripped off IIRC. I thought the world was going to end with that one - it's not often that everyone on COTH agrees!

The Florida horse saga thread - one of my favorites!

BlindAlter just has to come back and post the 8-page crayola letter. That will REALLY get this thread going and headed for the hall of fame.

Come on BA, come back PLEEEEAAASSEE!!!!!! :winkgrin:

BuddyRoo
Jul. 2, 2008, 09:49 PM
Yeah, she did. But then she said she was working on a scanner because she simply HAD to show us the letter.

And frankly, madame, I'm getting impatient. I am going away for the weekend. What if I miss it? :lol:

I told some people at work about the crayon letter. They howled too and they aren't even crazy horse people. So it MUST be funny.

talkofthetown
Jul. 2, 2008, 10:04 PM
Come on BA, come back PLEEEEAAASSEE!!!!!! :winkgrin:

PRETTY please???

Even just an update on how Kade is doing...

Don't disappear!

Amchara
Jul. 3, 2008, 12:19 AM
OK, I have to see the letter too! C'mon!

RNB
Jul. 3, 2008, 01:26 AM
How did I miss this thread?!?!?!?! :eek: Good lord!!! I've been away from COTH too long!!!

Blind Alter....You have GOT to post the letter!!! I'll send you my scanner to use!! :D

Appassionato
Jul. 3, 2008, 08:42 AM
Yeah, she did. But then she said she was working on a scanner because she simply HAD to show us the letter.

And frankly, madame, I'm getting impatient. I am going away for the weekend. What if I miss it? :lol:

I told some people at work about the crayon letter. They howled too and they aren't even crazy horse people. So it MUST be funny.

I told my non-horsey friend that I rent from about the letter. He wants to see it too! C'mon, insults via crayon are worth sharing!!!

sproonee
Jul. 3, 2008, 10:55 AM
Yes Yes please, there are a dozen of us at my office waiting. =) Must see the crayon letter!

Blind Alter
Jul. 3, 2008, 01:37 PM
How did I miss this thread?!?!?!?! :eek: Good lord!!! I've been away from COTH too long!!!

Blind Alter....You have GOT to post the letter!!! I'll send you my scanner to use!! :D

Been a few developments and none of them good. I'll update later. Sorry all, I've got my hands full at the moment.

minnie
Jul. 3, 2008, 01:40 PM
Jingles in case you need them! Hope you can fill us in soon.

caffeinated
Jul. 3, 2008, 01:46 PM
BA, is a lawyer involved yet? Threats of a slander lawsuit? Dead bunnies left in the mailbox?

anuphillbattle
Jul. 3, 2008, 01:50 PM
you have to be careful in small towns...most everyone is related or has slept with everyone else!

JoZ
Jul. 3, 2008, 01:58 PM
Damn. I hate when things go from amusing-wacky to scary-wacky.

Pat
Jul. 3, 2008, 03:40 PM
Been a few developments and none of them good. I'll update later. Sorry all, I've got my hands full at the moment.

Ok, I *do* hope you are just trying to put up fences and nothing bad has happened....

BUT this IS KILLING ME!!!! Must see crayon letter!!! MUST MUST MUST

I will never look at a box of crayons the same way again.

cloudyandcallie
Jul. 3, 2008, 08:54 PM
uh oh, does the crazy lady have a brother/cousin who is the high sheriff in that little place??????
and I had computer problems and thought I had missed the crayon letter.
where is blindalter? in the hoosegow in that little onehorsetrainer town?
was she run out of town on a rail?
tarred and feathered?
help! should we call the law? report blind alter as missing to John Walsh? get out a bolo?

RNB
Jul. 3, 2008, 10:50 PM

Good grief...sorry BA!! I've come to the conclusion that people are just 'plumb' crazy!! Let us know if we can help!!

Aimee Thanatogenus
Jul. 4, 2008, 05:40 PM

Raising a glass to you and your efforts. Hope it all works out for you.

Little training girl....liiiitttle traaaaaaining girllllll...!!!

Come over here and take a bite of this apple. :D

cloudyandcallie
Jul. 4, 2008, 05:54 PM
well when the other trainer, like so many westerns, told blindalter that
this town isn't big enough for the both of us (trainers)..............
so nothing on cnn about horse trainer shoot out.
don't tell me we've been scammed?????????

BumbleBee
Jul. 4, 2008, 05:57 PM
well when the other trainer, like so many westerns, told blindalter that
this town isn't big enough for the both of us (trainers)..............
so nothing on cnn about horse trainer shoot out.
don't tell me we've been scammed?????????

No one could make up an 8 page letter written in crayon. Have some faith. :yes:

Appassionato
Jul. 4, 2008, 06:09 PM
Little training girl....liiiitttle traaaaaaining girllllll...!!!

Come over here and take a bite of this apple. :D

:lol:

Blind Alter, I hope you and yours is OK. Sending good vibes your way!

talkofthetown
Jul. 5, 2008, 11:38 AM
Wow, I hope nothing really serious has happened. Good luck! And don't worry about leavin' us hanging. We've waited this long, we can wait a few more days. :yes:

talkofthetown
Jul. 5, 2008, 11:41 AM
Um, hey guys?

Can I start a clique?

(Refer to sig at bottom of post)

:winkgrin:

Gray Horse H/J
Jul. 5, 2008, 12:40 PM
Darn, I haven't been on the BB in a couple of days, and was SO hoping for the crayon letter to be waiting for me to see.

Hopefully nothing too bad has happened. Trainer Lady sounds batsh*t crazy.

cloudyandcallie
Jul. 5, 2008, 07:59 PM
well I'm back from the barn, and the cookout, and it's storming outside, and no info from blindalter????

EponaRoan
Jul. 6, 2008, 01:31 AM
This is almost worse than having to wait until 2009 for the series finale of Battlestar Galactica! :lol::lol::lol:

asanders
Jul. 6, 2008, 07:45 AM
I can't stand it!!!!!!!

Of course, I was trying to be good, but got bored WAITING, and had to put my powers of internet searching to the test. I think I got as far as a name, but can't find a website????

Please BA --save me from myself!!!!

minnie
Jul. 6, 2008, 08:05 AM
It's been over a week since we last heard from BA. I don't know about anyone else, but the suspense is KILLING me!

Pat
Jul. 6, 2008, 09:23 AM
This is almost worse than having to wait until 2009 for the series finale of Battlestar Galactica! :lol::lol::lol:

No, this is worse, much worse. I lost interest in BG any way. When they brought Starbuck back from the dead and made the "Final 5" some of the best characters on the bloody ship, that was enough for me.

Now, LOST, yeah, waitin' on pins and needles baby, pins and needles.

horse-loverz
Jul. 6, 2008, 09:30 AM
This is as bad as waiting for the trial during the Fla horse saga.. then the decision, and the counter offers, I do hope she is ok and not encased in a melted crayon prison. Or maybe someone bought the trainer the big box of crayons and she's really gone to town. Maybe she has been sending petitions around town They may read:

Do you like me? check yes or no

Do you think BA is a big do do head? check yes or no

Amwrider
Jul. 6, 2008, 10:05 AM
This is as bad as waiting for the trial during the Fla horse saga.. then the decision, and the counter offers, I do hope she is ok and not encased in a melted crayon prison. Or maybe someone bought the trainer the big box of crayons and she's really gone to town. Maybe she has been sending petitions around town They may read:

Do you like me? check yes or no

Do you think BA is a big do do head? check yes or no

Stifling a giggle....

I think perhaps the Crazy Crayola Lady may have lawyers involved and that is why BA can't talk about it?

Pat
Jul. 6, 2008, 11:58 AM
I tried a Google search on "Kadie" and some other variables, but NADDA. Damn it.

snort - Crazy Crayola Lady - snort

Sannois
Jul. 6, 2008, 12:03 PM
This woman is not from Michigan??
Thats the kind of Yahoos you fins here ALL the time. Everyones a trainer. And god help the poor unsuspecting victims!:no::no::eek::rolleyes:

minnie
Jul. 6, 2008, 12:20 PM
BA hasn't done anything she could possibly be sued for. If anything, if she showed the letter to the police (didn't she mention intending to do that?) and they went out to talk to TL, TL might have totally gone off the deep end and Lord knows what she might possibly have done in retaliation. BA may have had to get a restraining order against her or something? Do you suppose TL is cuckoo enough to have vandalized BA? Ah, as we speculate we can only hope we get an update soon!

flea
Jul. 6, 2008, 12:57 PM
As much as I am enjoying this!!!I agree with an earlier poster to let it go. Up to now OP has taken the high road and can proudly defend herself as a mature adult. Don't post the letter or anymore discussion, just open your training facility and show her up quietly with class. Don't stoop to her immature and insane level. Now, when you have opened your facility please let us know how it is going!!

ThreeFigs
Jul. 6, 2008, 01:23 PM
I'll step in, having read all 9 pages of this. I think the OP has done well staying above the CCTL's level. It's not always easy to realize until it's too late that you're dealing with someone who's unhinged. We're armchair quarterbacking. There were warning signs, but most of us give others the benefit of the doubt and expect decent behavior from people.

I think CCTL (Crazy Crayola Trainer Lady) is the one who's not letting this go. Now OP's on the defensive against this whackjob.

CCTL is:

Doesn't have both oars in the water.

Crazier than a skunk in a bucket full of hash.

Dumber than a sack of hammers. (Or a box of rocks.)

A few cards short of a full deck.

I wish Blind Alter the best and hope she and her family and critters are all OK.

Ambrey
Jul. 6, 2008, 01:25 PM
Yep, she's not the brightest porchlight on the block by any means!

I hope everything is OK with OP.

EponaRoan
Jul. 6, 2008, 01:46 PM
It's not always easy to realize until it's too late that you're dealing with someone who's unhinged.

Yeah, ever start talking to somene who appears perfectly normal only to realize, "Oh ... fruitbat! This person's a few french fries short of a Happy Meal!" ?

It's been over a week since we last heard from BA.

She posted on the morning of July 3rd and said there had been some not good developments. I'm just hoping no humans or animals were hurt during said developments.

Pat, I like the twists on BG and am also waiting for Lost to get back and resolve some things. Curse them for dragging things out!

Blind Alter
Jul. 6, 2008, 01:59 PM
Okay guys. I am sooooooooooooo sorry.

I can't say much.

Lawyers - check
Police - check
Charges laid - check

No animals or people have been hurt. I need a new gate though. Little car trumps farm gate, well almost.

Police have the crayola letter and while I do have a copy digitized I cannot post it, yet.

I realize that is not the post you're all looking for. Sorry again.

EponaRoan
Jul. 6, 2008, 02:07 PM
No animals or people have been hurt. I need a new gate though. Little car trumps farm gate, well almost.

Oh, my. In the words of many Jerry Springer participants, she a crazy b*tch.

Glad humans and critters are okay, hope other things go well for you.

talkofthetown
Jul. 6, 2008, 02:08 PM
BA, glad you and your family (human and furry) are ok! I'm sure that everyone is wishing you the best. And we really don't want you to get in trouble w/ the law just for the sake of showing us the letter.
Hope this gets resolved soon!

Bamgone
Jul. 6, 2008, 02:24 PM
Oh, my. In the words of many Jerry Springer participants, she a crazy b*tch.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for laugh. I SO needed it. Luckily no coffee was spewed forth onto my screen.

Sending good thoughts to BA and her family, property (poor gate:() and critters that they are safe and sound from the torment of the wrath of CCTL.

cloudyandcallie
Jul. 6, 2008, 02:30 PM
Okay guys. I am sooooooooooooo sorry.

I can't say much.

Lawyers - check
Police - check
Charges laid - check

Police have the crayola letter and while I do have a copy digitized I cannot post it, yet.

I realize that is not the post you're all looking for. Sorry again.
oh good, she crayon lady, rammed the gate, so you've got her for criminal damage to property or whatever the law is in your state. this is actually good, cause as long as words are just being thrown around, and letters and email, the authorities stay out of it, but once she acts, like ramming a gate, she is in criminal trouble. and you and your family and animals didn't get rammed thank God.
well, lay low. crayon lady will lay low now, once the cuffs come out, they calm down. a trip to the jailhouse to make bail, and maybe she will have her car in the shop for repairs, so she'll be on foot hopefully.
take care.
post to let us know you live.

Jul. 6, 2008, 02:37 PM
BA, this sounds like a terrible PITA... and you new to the neighborhood... I'm sorry. :( I'm glad nobody has been hurt, at least. Sending you some relaxing thoughts of a good stiff drink, since it sounds like you need it! ;)

Ambrey
Jul. 6, 2008, 02:45 PM
Why is it always the crazy people who threaten legal action?

I hope the cops explain sanity to her!

shireluver
Jul. 6, 2008, 04:35 PM
Why is it always the crazy people who threaten legal action?

I hope the cops explain sanity to her!

If only being stupid was illegal. ;)

grandprixjump
Jul. 6, 2008, 05:16 PM
Being new to the area it hasn't started effecting you yet.. Hope it doesn't

Pat
Jul. 6, 2008, 10:29 PM
WOW.

Well, I'm just happy that you are in one piece.

I hope the gate atleast took a chunk out of the car!! How friggin' STUPID are you if you ram somebody's farm gate?? Christ, it's not like BA stole a horse or vandilzed CCTL's property or something!! Not that either is a valid excuse or anything but the reaction would be less absurd.

Hang her by those brass balls she thinks she has. Hang her high.

asanders
Jul. 6, 2008, 11:29 PM
BA, this sounds like a terrible PITA... and you new to the neighborhood... I'm sorry. :( I'm glad nobody has been hurt, at least. Sending you some relaxing thoughts of a good stiff drink, since it sounds like you need it! ;)

Second.

BA, Don't apologize. Although I have been ROTFLMAO, I really don't need more drama at your expense (CCTL, sure, but not yours).

I hope it all works out, and sooner rather than later.

RNB
Jul. 6, 2008, 11:51 PM
Good lord BA!!! I am so sorry to hear CCTL has caused even more problems. Sadly, she and Mr. CCTL think they are in the right...and don't have a grip on reality.

As for this thread....you have never mentioned any names or location as far as I can remember. She can print it out every which way from now to Sunday. It will not matter in any court of law. The only things here are facts and opinions...and we still can voice opinions according to the law.

My felons did this very thing. Printed out my thread on COTH and brought it to federal court....said they were going to 'burn' me in court.:rolleyes: The U.S. Attorney was praying they tried to present it to the Judge...but their attorneys refused to let them even mention it.

And yes, sometimes the only way to get the attention of crazy folks is to have criminal charges brought against them. Although from my past experience, they will never think they have done anything wrong, they are the victim not you, you're the bad neighbor....blah, blah, blah.

Good luck and remember....we're all here for you!

trubandloki
Jul. 7, 2008, 07:50 AM
Good luck BA.

Thanks for the update and I am so happy to hear nothing but a farm gate was injured by the crazy trainer lady.

MistyBlue
Jul. 7, 2008, 10:59 AM
It stinks that this is happening to you as a new person to the town...but I'd bet the town's locals already knew this person might be a tad "off."
Good luck...hope things stay safe.

gieriscm
Jul. 7, 2008, 11:00 AM
It stinks that this is happening to you as a new person to the town...but I'd bet the town's locals already knew this person might be a tad "off."

If the locals didn't know before that CCTL was a bit off, they will now.

MardiGrasTimeStable
Jul. 7, 2008, 12:01 PM
Oh no! I've been following along and am very sorry to hear that CCTL resorted to even more childish attempts as retailiation.

but as pointed out since in none of your posts have you posted names (other than of your horse which is NOT an identifying point to any of the human characters - nor a location. Then I would love to see the judge's and lawyer's face if this thread is given in court as proof of "defamation of character" :confused: Which is what I am sure CCTL was planning on using this thread as.

Appassionato
Jul. 7, 2008, 12:47 PM
BA, Don't apologize. Although I have been ROTFLMAO, I really don't need more drama at your expense (CCTL, sure, but not yours).

Agreed. Take care of you and yours, BA. They come first. Like you need me telling you that or something. :winkgrin:

I hope CCTL gets smeared in court. Trying to drive through a gate is pretty insane.

I would love to see the judge's and lawyer's face if this thread is given in court as proof of "defamation of character" :confused: Which is what I am sure CCTL was planning on using this thread as.

I want a vid of that same judge reading the crayon letter.

Aimee Thanatogenus
Jul. 7, 2008, 12:52 PM
Extremely frustrating to realize that you can't swing a tailless cat in a small town without hitting the local fruitcake. And the fruitcake's boyfriend.

CCTL....come here. We want to spank you. :lol::lol::lol:

cloudyandcallie
Jul. 7, 2008, 07:10 PM
please make sure in any court proceeding that the crayon letter is introduced in evidence and that the record is NOT sealed. thank you.

Amwrider
Jul. 7, 2008, 09:24 PM
Extremely frustrating to realize that you can't swing a tailless cat in a small town without hitting the local fruitcake. And the fruitcake's boyfriend.

Bob and daughter Penny, my tailless cats, don't like you very much Aimee.

jazzrider
Jul. 8, 2008, 12:42 PM

:lol::lol::lol: I'm sure she meant no offense to Bob and Penny.

I just got caught up on this thread yesturday. So sorry that things have gone down hill so badly...Jingles...

horse-loverz
Jul. 8, 2008, 12:48 PM

My mom just got 2 tailless kittens from my friend.. she named them Thelma and Louise.

BA hope your drama comes out ok. I have also delt with a psycho trainer involving lawyers... good luck and jingles.

ChocoMare
Jul. 8, 2008, 03:20 PM
Praying for a calm outcome to this whole mess. What a pickle!

cloudyandcallie
Jul. 8, 2008, 03:32 PM
maybe cothers should hire a bus and all come out to support you? we could be like vigilants, my horse won't come, but maybe I could borrow one of the crayon lady's welltrained horses, and we could show up in support.
too bad gas is so expensive. that would be a hoot, lots of women from all over showing up in the onehorsetrainertown.

DairyQueen2049
Jul. 8, 2008, 03:32 PM
Praying for a calm outcome to this whole mess. What a pickle!

PPPffft. I'ma still praying to see the crayola letter!! :winkgrin: Tailless kats be darned (no offense to Bob and Penny) :yes:

Chester's Mom
Jul. 8, 2008, 05:21 PM
maybe cothers should hire a bus and all come out to support you? we could be like vigilants, my horse won't come, but maybe I could borrow one of the crayon lady's welltrained horses, and we could show up in support.
too bad gas is so expensive. that would be a hoot, lots of women from all over showing up in the onehorsetrainertown.

I'll come, and I can bring some cats!! Let me know who wants tailless and who wants regular.....

(and in the meantime I am praying for everyone to be safe including lunatic psycho crayola woman.... may her crayons be repo'd and her attention move elsewhere...)

cloudyandcallie
Jul. 9, 2008, 05:36 PM
I'll come, and I can bring some cats!! Let me know who wants tailless and who wants regular.....

(and in the meantime I am praying for everyone to be safe including lunatic psycho crayola woman.... may her crayons be repo'd and her attention move elsewhere...)

I've got 9, but all but 2 are 15 yrs old, altho one cat could whip anyone (he's 5) and was a barn cat before he lost his job and I took him in to be housecat #10 at that time.
well, we're all hoping that the dispute will end, and that the crayon letter will be posted, now if the op will simply sell the letter to crayola and make a fortune, to prove crayons can be used for anything, including threats.
all my cats have tails but some are arthritic, so tails droopy.
I guess we'll all just wait with bated breath for some news to come up here. just as long as it doesn't break on cnn. where is op anyway??? what state?
wish it was ga, as I could probably get an atlanta cop to get a copy of the crayon letter from whatever jurisdiction it was......what state was it?

justhanginon
Jul. 9, 2008, 06:21 PM

One of my kids was a crayon for Halloween one year. Cute costume... we could all dress up in different colors !?? I'm sure we could come up with 64 people willing to travel there in crayon costumes !!! So who's in ? We could car pool. Better yet, fill someone's horse trailer up with horse women/men in their crayon suits (points up of course).

talkofthetown
Jul. 9, 2008, 06:28 PM
I've got 9, but all but 2 are 15 yrs old, altho one cat could whip anyone (he's 5) and was a barn cat before he lost his job and I took him in to be housecat #10 at that time.
well, we're all hoping that the dispute will end, and that the crayon letter will be posted, now if the op will simply sell the letter to crayola and make a fortune, to prove crayons can be used for anything, including threats.
all my cats have tails but some are arthritic, so tails droopy.
I guess we'll all just wait with bated breath for some news to come up here. just as long as it doesn't break on cnn. where is op anyway??? what state?
wish it was ga, as I could probably get an atlanta cop to get a copy of the crayon letter from whatever jurisdiction it was......what state was it?

BA never stated where she was located, and that was very wise imho. The less specific details she gave about CCTL, the better. The less ammo CCTL has against her. As much as we would all love to know who CCTL is, I don't think we NEED to know what state she's in.

JoZ
Jul. 9, 2008, 06:34 PM
I'm sure we could come up with 64 people willing to travel there in crayon costumes !!!

Can I be "raw umber"? I always wanted to be "raw umber"!!! If that's taken I'll be "burnt sienna".

cloudyandcallie
Jul. 9, 2008, 06:38 PM
One of my kids was a crayon for Halloween one year. Cute costume... we could all dress up in different colors !?? I'm sure we could come up with 64 people willing to travel there in crayon costumes !!! So who's in ? We could car pool. Better yet, fill someone's horse trailer up with horse women/men in their crayon suits (points up of course).
ok dibs on burnt sienna before it gets chosen (like favorite fictitional horse thread). Not the prettiest color, but when I was a child, it was my favor crayon, altho blue is my favoite color. so burnt sienna is mine, y'all must pick another.
weell, if there is a trial, I'll pick you up and we'll go as a , how many to a pack? and then who is the sharpener????
I just want to know the state. then we can figure out the type of whacko that BA is dealing with, ie., redneck here in the south, texan (they have their own catagory of whackos), californian (ditto), etc. state please!
oh duh, 64 right, the nice big pack.

ThreeFigs
Jul. 9, 2008, 06:38 PM
I'd like to be Indian Red, but I think that's politically incorrect nowadays. Stupid PC stuff!

No cats, but have parrots. Noisy ones.

cloudyandcallie
Jul. 9, 2008, 06:40 PM
Can I be "raw umber"? I always wanted to be "raw umber"!!! If that's taken I'll be "burnt sienna".

well darn. ok you be raw umber, but if is is taken (not on thread so it's yours) then you take burnt sienna and I'll take blue, just the regular color blue.

JoZ
Jul. 9, 2008, 06:41 PM
I'd like to be Indian Red, but I think that's politically incorrect nowadays. Stupid PC stuff!

From Crayola website:
***Indian Red is renamed Chestnut in 1999 in response to educators who felt some children wrongly perceived the crayon color was intended to represent the skin color of Native Americans. The name originated from a reddish-brown pigment found near India commonly used in fine artist oil paint.

I'm a Crayolaphile! :)

Here is a list of all 64 colors, for your selecting pleasure:

Apricot
Aquamarine
Bittersweet
Black
Blue
Blue Gray
Blue Green
Blue Violet
Brick Red
Brown
Burnt Orange
Burnt Sienna
Cadet Blue
Carnation Pink
Copper
Cornflower
Flesh (later Peach)
Forest Green
Gold
Goldenrod
Gray
Green
Green Blue
Green Yellow
Indian Red (later Chestnut)
Lavender
Lemon Yellow
Magenta
Mahogany
Maize
Maroon
Melon
Mulberry
Navy blue
Olive Green
Orange
Orange Red
Orange Yellow
Orchid
Periwinkle
Pine Green
Plum
Prussian Blue (later Midnight Blue)
Raw Sienna
Raw Umber
Red
Red Orange
Red Violet
Salmon
Sea Green
Sepia
Silver
Sky Blue
Spring Green
Tan
Thistle
Turquoise Blue
Violet (Purple)
Violet Blue
Violet Red
White
Yellow
Yellow Green
Yellow Orange

cloudyandcallie
Jul. 9, 2008, 06:43 PM

No cats, but have parrots. Noisy ones.
ok to be indian red if she is in georgia or florida as we have the politically incorrect braves and fsu has the seminoles.
don't know about elsewhere as stanford had to change to cardinals, so you could be cardinal red in calif. a new color.

lil'redbarn
Jul. 9, 2008, 06:44 PM

And someone has to be the sharpener!

cloudyandcallie
Jul. 9, 2008, 06:46 PM
From Crayola website:
***Indian Red is renamed Chestnut in 1999 in response to educators who felt some children wrongly perceived the crayon color was intended to represent the skin color of Native Americans. The name originated from a reddish-brown pigment found near India commonly used in fine artist oil paint.

I'm a Crayolaphile! :)
didn't know that. ok, everyone choose up colors, chestnut is now taken by beesmom is it???? someone keep track of who has what color, in case we need to go support BA, we can dublicate colors if we have more than 64 people,, and so are raw umber and burnt sienna, so we will all have to figure out the order in the pack later.
meanwhile, I hope the high sheriff doesn't lose the letter. and hope that BA copies on color copier, wouldn't it be awful if she copies in black and white?
and the gate, hope it is worth over the legal limit between felony and misdemeanor, in the
state of confusion? state of crayola?
ok beesmom is chestnut, joz is raw umber, I'm burnt sienna, why are we all taking these earth colors?

cloudyandcallie
Jul. 9, 2008, 06:48 PM
And someone has to be the sharpener!

either we are all crazy or great minds think alike. If i were the crayon trainer, I'd be scared to be reading all this!

lil'redbarn
Jul. 9, 2008, 06:52 PM
If the OP is still following this thread, I hope that the last several posts are giving her a smile - I know she must be pretty stressed right now.

The Crayon Crew is pulling for you!

atr
Jul. 9, 2008, 06:56 PM
I'll be the eraser!

BuddyRoo
Jul. 9, 2008, 06:57 PM
May I please be green? In a pinch, happy to be the sharpener instead. What color is THAT these days? ;)

Hope the OP is hangin' in there.

Cheers!

lil'redbarn
Jul. 9, 2008, 06:57 PM
either we are all crazy or great minds think alike. If i were the crayon trainer, I'd be scared to be reading all this!

A little of both, perhaps?:D

Maybe the term 'crayon trainer' will become a new euphemism for questionable horsepersons? As in "ya, we have a couple of crayons in our neck of the woods, too"

BuddyRoo
Jul. 9, 2008, 07:00 PM
Yep! Yep!

"Man, that chick is an asshat, where's the fruitbat?"

"Nah, she's a crayon trainer. Mind your gates!"

lil'redbarn
Jul. 9, 2008, 07:01 PM
Yep! Yep!

"Man, that chick is an asshat, where's the fruitbat?"

"Nah, she's a crayon trainer. Mind your gates!"

LOL!:lol:

Amwrider
Jul. 9, 2008, 07:08 PM
I have always liked the Midnight Blue, I'll be that one.

Gray Horse H/J
Jul. 9, 2008, 07:14 PM
Hmm, at risk of sounding uber-blonde...

What the hell color is Raw Umber? Umber??? Why have I never heard of that?

lesyl
Jul. 9, 2008, 07:22 PM
"Hmm, at risk of sounding uber-blonde...

What the hell color is Raw Umber? Umber??? Why have I never heard of that? "

It is a sort of bay color - Does that help? I think it only is in the giant box of crayolas.

Gray Horse H/J
Jul. 9, 2008, 07:25 PM
:lol: Ok, thanks!

I'm guessing it's a color I ignored as a kid, which would be the last time I actually looked at a box of crayons.

cloudyandcallie
Jul. 9, 2008, 07:29 PM
A little of both, perhaps?:D

Maybe the term 'crayon trainer' will become a new euphemism for questionable horsepersons? As in "ya, we have a couple of crayons in our neck of the woods, too"

absolutely like all those words I don't know on fugly to describe horses.
"she's a crayon trainer" or she's a crayon will mean a nut.
so pick a color, I' m assuming it will be in the red shade?
and darn do you realize we'll all have pointly heads?

Emryss
Jul. 9, 2008, 07:43 PM
Wow. Just wow. You go away for a week and all the drama happens.

Hope things turn out ok.

justhanginon
Jul. 9, 2008, 08:10 PM
I want to be Aquamarine, it sounds sexy - like a mermaid or something. Since this was all my fabulous idea I think you have to let me be Aquamarine. I am definitely not sharp enough to be the uh ...sharpener. Also, I say we decorate the outside of the giant horse trailer that will transport us all, standing up, to whatever state it is we are going to. We can make it look just like the crayola box ! Boy then the people in that town would really wonder who the crazies are ! Seriously though, I do hope BA can laugh at all of our silliness. Especially because I don't want her to be upset with us when we come rolling out of our giant crayon box/trailer in her driveway.

cloudyandcallie
Jul. 9, 2008, 08:46 PM
if I win lotto we're all going, dressed like crayons, in a winnebago with crayola designs, etc., or chartered bus driven by cute young guy.
and drive from state to state looking for BA and the crayon trainer.
and the onehorsetrainertown.
yes just hang on you are aquamarine.
as long as there isn't a spinoff "what color crayon would you be if you had to go confront the crayon trainer' thread.
I do hope the high sheriff will stop the crayontrainer from harassing BA though. I'd be unable to sleep at night. wish i could send her my "streetsweeper".

horse-loverz
Jul. 9, 2008, 09:01 PM
||__||_.||__||__||_.||__||__|__|_|_____|___|__o}
_(O))___________________(O)____((O)_______(O)

The COTH Crazy Crayon Trainer Lady Posse.... In their custom Trailer...

Aimee Thanatogenus
Jul. 9, 2008, 09:05 PM
I call dibs on Cornflower Blue.

:D:D:D

I'd go. We could melt together and Batik CCTL.

cloudyandcallie
Jul. 9, 2008, 09:06 PM

The COTH Crazy Crayon Trainer Lady Possy.... In their custom Trailer...

I hope that BA doesn't think that we are making light of her situation, while she worries what crayon trainer will do next, but that is one cool trailer. do I have to hang my pointly head out of the drop down window??????????

ultimateshowmom
Jul. 9, 2008, 09:23 PM
I was told to look this thread up by my husband, who has been following this all along. Wow. It has been like watching a soap opera with a scary ending.
I wish BA lots of good luck and hope all turns out well for her,her fat husband and ugly stupid kids! How frustrating to be baited like that and how wonderful to have a place like this to anonymously be able to complain about Crayolatrainer.
BTW I would love to jump on the truck if only I knew where I was going! BA-Hold your ground and stay on course!:sadsmile:

tweeter
Jul. 9, 2008, 09:30 PM
I don't think we NEED to know what state she's in.

Ummm, I think Crayontrainer is in the state of confusion :D

SillyHorse
Jul. 9, 2008, 09:32 PM

The COTH Crazy Crayon Trainer Lady Possy.... In their custom Trailer...
I am SO in the posse. Prussian Blue, please. :)

Chall
Jul. 9, 2008, 09:48 PM
OK, I confess I didn't read any of the posts beyond the first 5 ones.
From another POV, when my trainer started my already 30 day broke horse, he longed him for 3 months walk/trot. At three months he finally cantered him on the longe.
Long story short, MOST of the things my trainer was doing were beyond my perception. He'd ride 6 times around the ring at a canter and one of those times he'd give a big pat to the horse. I was like "what did he do" and the trainer would say "he stayed balanced in the corner". I couldn't see it.
But the horse is now fantastic, safe, sweet and an incredible mover.
So, for me, a great trainer can develop things that I am completely unable to perceive. This is just another point of view about trainers who don't seem to be doing anything but really are.

cloudyandcallie
Jul. 9, 2008, 11:01 PM
OK, I confess I didn't read any of the posts beyond the first 5 ones.
From another POV, when my trainer started my already 30 day broke horse, he longed him for 3 months walk/trot. At three months he finally cantered him on the longe.
Long story short, MOST of the things my trainer was doing were beyond my perception. He'd ride 6 times around the ring at a canter and one of those times he'd give a big pat to the horse. I was like "what did he do" and the trainer would say "he stayed balanced in the corner". I couldn't see it.
But the horse is now fantastic, safe, sweet and an incredible mover.
So, for me, a great trainer can develop things that I am completely unable to perceive. This is just another point of view about trainers who don't seem to be doing anything but really are.

right, different techniques, etc.
but did your trainer ram your farm gate? and has he used any crayons when communicating with you? just a thought.

RHdobes563
Jul. 9, 2008, 11:25 PM
What's the closest color to "Smurf" blue?

I'd be Goldenrod, but I have allergies. :D

BuddyRoo
Jul. 9, 2008, 11:34 PM
Probably periwinkle. ;) (snork! Smurf blue :lol: )

harvestmoon
Jul. 9, 2008, 11:34 PM
"Hmm, at risk of sounding uber-blonde...

What the hell color is Raw Umber? Umber??? Why have I never heard of that? "

It is a sort of bay color - Does that help? I think it only is in the giant box of crayolas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raw_umber_(color)

:D

Sannois
Jul. 9, 2008, 11:36 PM
What's the closest color to "Smurf" blue?

I'd be Goldenrod, but I have allergies. :D
Cornflower blue??

;):D

MidlifeCrisis
Jul. 9, 2008, 11:47 PM
Here we go
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Crayola_crayon_colors

I want fuzzy wuzzy brown.

lil'redbarn
Jul. 10, 2008, 12:05 AM
Here we go
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Crayola_crayon_colors

I want fuzzy wuzzy brown.
You just HAVE to color in teddy bears with that one!
:)

I'm not sure I like all of the new names, though, so many sound like items found in the cosmetic aisle!

JoZ
Jul. 10, 2008, 02:23 AM
Life is like a bowl of, oops, no -- a BOX of crayons. Some are sharp and some are dull, some are pretty, some are fugly, but it's no fun without a lot of variety.

I'm an original-64-color gal myself. I shunnnnn crayola changes. Manatee? REEEEALLY?

And I know and love Raw Umber and Burnt Sienna because... of course... those were the colors I used to draw HORSES!!! All I ever drew were horses. Silver (or, OK, sometimes gold) for the bit and stirrups. White for the bling. Maize for my hair. Ah it's all coming back to me now... :yes:

P.S. BA don't be fooled, you are in my thoughts, and I'm hoping for the best.

DairyQueen2049
Jul. 10, 2008, 08:22 AM
DQ would like to be Lazer Lemon please. :cool:

Burnt Sienna and Raw Umber were the dullest crayons in my box too JoZ! Perfect horse colors!! :yes: :yes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noVC5Jt2Gu8
For the entertainment of all.

Sometimes mine got red saddles though.....what was I thinking??:eek:

BA I do hope that the crayon trainer has heeded the restraining order.

Erin Pittman
Jul. 10, 2008, 09:31 AM
Here is a list of all 64 colors, for your selecting pleasure:

I'll play! And do my very best to get everyone's colors right....I'm working from JoZ's list of colors, which doesn't quite match with what Wikipedia says, so if you would rather I do the Wikipedia list, then let me know and I'll try to change it...

Apricot - eyesontheground
Aquamarine - Justhanginon
Bittersweet - Rebe
Black - RNB
Blue - Rancher
Blue Gray - sproonee
Blue Green - mcm7780
Blue Violet - Saidapal
Brick Red - pattnic
Brown - jeano
Burnt Orange - WalkInTheWoods
Burnt Sienna - Cloudyandcallie
Cadet Blue - Blind Alter
Carnation Pink - talkofthetown
Copper - paw
Cornflower - Aimee Thanatogenus and *jumper*
Flesh (later Peach) - hoopoe
Forest Green - tbtula
Gold - >MidlifeCrisis<
Goldenrod - lcw579
Gray - Iron Horse Farm
Green - BuddyRoo and Galndolph58
Green Blue - Jackalini
Green Yellow - MajMeadowMorgans
Indian Red (later Chestnut) - Beasmom
Lavender - *Teddy* and Vivace
Lemon Yellow - >DairyQueen2049< and >CamsMom<
Magenta - Julz
Mahogany - MardiGrasTimeStable
Maize - >pAin't Misbehavin'< and >asb_own_me<
Maroon - trubandloki
Melon - Pat
Mulberry - jeta
Navy blue - Amwrider
Olive Green - Angel Undercover
Orange - Tnagewitch
Orange Red - archieflies
Orange Yellow - HuntJumpSC
Orchid - Bliss92
Periwinkle - flshgordon
Pine Green - Murphy's Mom
Plum - Maybeapril
Prussian Blue (later Midnight Blue) - SillyHorse and jazzrider
Raw Sienna - Appassionato (Asspants?)
Raw Umber - JoZ
Red - arabhorse2
Red Orange - naters
Red Violet - horse-loverz
Salmon - BCEVENTER
Sea Green - >lesyl<
Sepia - asanders
Silver - VCT
Sky Blue - Sanely Eccentric
Spring Green - >equusrocks<
Tan - sketcher
Thistle - Erin Petersen and Blkarab
Turquoise Blue - EponaRoan
Violet (Purple) - Hunter Princess
Violet Blue - LetItBe
Violet Red - Chester's Mom
White - >Farmer Dave - White Knight in Shining Armor (or would that be Armour since he's a Brit?) and fleabites<
Yellow - >Donnalynn<
Yellow Green - eclipse
Yellow Orange - tweeter

tweeter
Jul. 10, 2008, 09:46 AM
I wanna play too. I'll be Yellow-orange cause my hair was that color once(another story).....

That should be enough to scare CCTL into leaving BA alone.:winkgrin:

arabhorse2
Jul. 10, 2008, 09:47 AM
I want RED!!!:D

trubandloki
Jul. 10, 2008, 09:52 AM
Can I please be Maroon? Burgundy is my favorite color and that is as close as you get to that.

Saidapal
Jul. 10, 2008, 10:04 AM
Okay, I'm in and joining the posse. Throw me the blue violet crayon....I LOFF blue!

VCT
Jul. 10, 2008, 10:21 AM
Ooh! Ooh! I want to be silver :D

flshgordon
Jul. 10, 2008, 10:33 AM
Periwinkle for me....I loff all things periwinkle. And I'm always up for a bus trip full of crazy women dressed as crayons :lol: :lol: :lol: If nothing else, you know there will be some good stories! :D

Rebe
Jul. 10, 2008, 10:45 AM
I don't even know what color it is, but Bittersweet sounds like one I'd like... so sign me up!