PDA

View Full Version : Help Plz. Tact or Education Needed. [a short novel]

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

cloudyandcallie
Sep. 29, 2008, 07:34 PM
She was online last Sept 17th! Don't give up hope! She will come back!

Really? And she didn't say hi!:(

pAin't_Misbehavin'
Sep. 30, 2008, 07:48 AM
Really? And she didn't say hi!:(

I bet her attorney has advised her not to post to this thread again. I can think of several reasons I might advise her not to come back, not even to say "hi."

talkofthetown
Sep. 30, 2008, 08:34 AM
Well BA, if you are still reading this, do you mind just PMing one of us to let us know you're ok? No info needed, just let us know we don't need to worry.

DairyQueen2049
Oct. 2, 2008, 02:00 PM
Crayons in the news!!

They stole it from COTH!!!!

http://abc.go.com/daytime/theview/index :yes: :yes:

talkofthetown
Oct. 2, 2008, 03:23 PM
Ok, so either I'm stupid, or....I'm not seeing crayons?

Katie-Nicole
Oct. 2, 2008, 03:52 PM

I didn't see the crayons either. :no:

cloudyandcallie
Oct. 2, 2008, 03:58 PM

I'm missing it too, or is it that they are all dressed in crayola colors? but they don't have the pointy hats on.

And the women of the View haven't signed up with Erin and ESG.

cloudyandcallie
Oct. 24, 2008, 01:40 PM
So will we ever find out what happened to the CCT?

Who is blindalter?

And what state were we to have gone to?

This has been a mystery iin a riddle surrounded by enigma.:confused:

But at least we have chosen our colors should we ever have a coth crayola posse gathering.:D

pines4equines
Oct. 24, 2008, 05:06 PM
I gotta bump this. I have to leave tonight and I want to be able to find this tomorrow. I was only on page 17...

cloudyandcallie
Nov. 4, 2008, 09:20 AM
Hey Blind Alter-
It's November! The crayola posse needs to know.
Is there a restraining order preventing you from posting the results of the gate bashing incident?
Is there an injunction preventing you from telling us what is going on?
What iis going on with your training business and training facility?
Has Kade recovered from her experience with the CCT?
Will we ever know the state, town, and identity of the parties? (except Kade of course, we know her)

PM someone! Please!

cloudyandcallie
Nov. 15, 2008, 06:20 PM
We'll have a blue (and green and yellow) Christmas without you,
We'll be so orange (and burnt sienna and raw umber) just thinking about you,
You'll be doing all right, with your Crayola Trainer of white (and pink and purple and black),
But we'll have a chartreuse (and lavender and crimson and brown and grey) blue Christmas.

And just how is Kade?

edited to try to add all the colors selected thru December 12, 2008, and in the spirit of the Christmas season:

We'll have a blue (and blue-violet and brick red and brown and burnt orange and burnt sienna and cadet blue and copper and sea green and sepia and silver and sky blue and spring green) Christmas without you,
We'll be so gray (and cornflower and peach and flesh and forest green and gold and razzmatazz and goldenrod and green blue and cornflower blue and magenta and carribean green and shamrock and pacific blue ) just thinking about you,
Decorations of red (and green yellow and lavender and lemon yellow and magenta and mahogany and melon and mulberry and strawberry and blue purple and denim and spring green and blue green and yellow orange and yellow green and yellow),
On a green (and granny-smith apple and sage and navy blue and azure and orangeyellow and carnation pink and lazer lemon yellow and chartreuse and tan and thistle and turquoise blue and violet purple and violet blue) Christmas tree,
(and the yellow submarine and the coth posse airplane piloted by huntjumpSC)
Won't be the same, Kade, if you're not in training to see,
And when those sky blue (and maize and royal purple and sparkly lime and olive green and magenta and sepia and peach and tumbleweed and turquoise and yellow and yellow green and yellow orange and purple mountain majesty and orchid and manure stain brown and urine stain yellow) snowflakes start falling (on the short bus with long horns driven by buddyroo),
That's when those puce (and wild blue yonder and midnight blue and apricot and aquamarine and bittersweet and black and azure and bluegray and blue green and alizaron crimson and wisteria and royal purple and indigo and lime green) memories come calling (on the crayola regular bus driven by camsmom, or the train with engineer naters aboard),
You'll be doing alright, with your crayola trainer of white (and Indian red and chestnut and pine green and violet red and cornflower blue and periwinkle and mulberry and plum and orange),
But the crayola posse will have an orchid (and orange red and periwinkle and ochre and prussian blue and raw sienna and raw umber and red orange and red violet and salmon) Christmas.

Hope I got all the colors there.

CrzyCorgi
Nov. 15, 2008, 09:04 PM
OK I just sat and read this WHOLE thing tonight in hopes of seeing what happened.......

ThreeFigs
Nov. 15, 2008, 11:02 PM
I think OP's moved on. Fuggeddaboudit.

Overo Kid
Nov. 19, 2008, 06:12 PM
OK I just sat and read this WHOLE thing tonight in hopes of seeing what happened.......

Next time you see a thread this long--read the last page first!

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Nov. 19, 2008, 06:38 PM
We'll have a blue (and green and yellow) Christmas without you,
We'll be so orange (and burnt sienna and raw umber) just thinking about you,
You'll be doing all right, with your Crayola Trainer of white (and pink and purple and black),
But we'll have a chartreuse (and lavender and crimson and brown and grey) blue Christmas.

And just how is Kade?

This is simply brilliant. Kudos!

HuntJumpSC
Nov. 19, 2008, 11:48 PM
Wichita~ Ya should asked me before reading the whole thing, could have saved you the time, but not the entertainment~ LOL! ;) I found that brass clincher browband for Rhett, so give me a call! :winkgrin:

PS~ I was 2 cm, 70% effaced at my appointment yesterday~ Daniel is making good progess!

Ainsley688
Nov. 20, 2008, 12:19 AM
Ok, this has kept me WAY entertained while my roomie's sleeping. Can I be Granny-Smith Apple? I always loved the name of that crayon!:D

Erika
Jan. 8, 2009, 09:16 PM
*bump*

Just a shamless bump. Lurkers want to know if there is any updates on this VERY entertaining thread. It made me laugh soo hard I cried several times. My poor non-horsey husband just didn't understand!

anonymoustip
Jan. 9, 2009, 09:22 AM
Oh where oh where can she be? How are we to know what became of her and Kade and the CCTL? Please come back and give us some updates!

talkofthetown
Jan. 9, 2009, 09:24 AM
Hey HuntJump, have you foaled yet? :D

Guys, BA's not coming back. I think this thread ended up making her situation even more difficult, and that's why she dropped the ball on it. Sad, but true:(

trubandloki
Jan. 9, 2009, 09:57 AM
Guys, BA's not coming back. I think this thread ended up making her situation even more difficult, and that's why she dropped the ball on it. Sad, but true:(

Does some one at least know that BA is safe?

talkofthetown
Jan. 9, 2009, 10:13 AM
Not that I know of. I told Cloudy that if BA does have any friends on COTH, I don't think they would say anything, out of respects to her wishes to let the matter drop. I think that if something major had happened (death, arsen, theft, etc) someone, somewhere, would've heard. I have to hope that no news is good news.

Erika
Jan. 9, 2009, 03:25 PM
TalkoftheTown,

Thanks for the update! I'm glad that BA is safe and hopefully enjoying her farm, horses & family with little hassle.

knitgirl
Jan. 9, 2009, 08:54 PM
I only joined COTH recently, it's nice to know what the Crayola Posse is all about. I hope BA is doing well.

EventFan
Jan. 9, 2009, 10:10 PM
Wow just Wow!

I just found this thread and laughed all night as I read it. Please someone tell me how BA is? I hope she and her stoopid kids and chubby hubby are okay.

Oh, and I'll take Cerulean for my crayon color. :eek:

HuntJumpSC
Jan. 10, 2009, 12:36 AM
Hey HuntJump, have you foaled yet? :D

Yup, my little colt came by c-section on November 25th! He's my little booger...I'm loving being a mommy. Now that I got the post partum depression under control ;) I needed a little chemical help. :(

I do wish BA would give us some kind of closure...this has been such a fun thread to follow. I would venture to say it's somewhat of a COTH legend now...:lol:

pAin't_Misbehavin'
Jan. 10, 2009, 09:27 AM
Yup, my little colt came by c-section on November 25th! He's my little booger...I'm loving being a mommy. Now that I got the post partum depression under control ;) I needed a little chemical help. :(

"Better living through chemistry," that's what we used to say.:yes:
Back during the 70's. Or was it the 80's. Hmmm. Somehow, I seem to have forgotten.:confused: :lol:

Glad everyone's doing well.:)

Including BA, I hope.

talkofthetown
Jan. 10, 2009, 03:50 PM

I do wish BA would give us some kind of closure...this has been such a fun thread to follow. I would venture to say it's somewhat of a COTH legend now...:lol:

Yay! Congrats:) And nothing wrong with chemical help! :lol: When will we get pictures of him at the barn with Mommy? :D

Doodlebug1
Oct. 27, 2010, 03:13 PM
OK - it's now 2 years later.... This thread has been referred to from the 'Cothism's' thread.

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/showthread.php?t=241466

Who was the OP?
What was the outcome?

CCTL - is she still 'training'/gate ramming?

I've just read 39 pages.... I need to know. Closure is needed - on more than just the gate...

If nothing else I have though acquired two new brilliant insults:

'the wheel's still turning but the hamster's dead'

and

'Crazy as a possum in a bucket of hash'

Sorry i can't remember who said them, but they will be much loved and used :)

eclipse
Oct. 27, 2010, 03:56 PM
Doodlebug: sorry, I don't believe we ever got closure!!! :cry:

LulaBell
Oct. 27, 2010, 07:55 PM
Thank you for bumping this! I read it for the first time tonight after it being referenced on the COTHisms thread...normally with these ridic long threads, I just avoid them until curiosity gets the better of me!

I've been wondering about this crayon stuff for a looooooong time!

Bluesy
Oct. 28, 2010, 12:58 PM
Hmm, I apparently posted in this thread, but I have no idea what I posted - probably something to do with the Flesh colour? ;)

Anyways, I started leafing through it trying to find what I wrote, but instead was fascinated by what I saw people wrote.

It happens a fair amount though here on COTH, truth be told - and it is a form of mob mentality. Here we go on about judging people recklessly because they do not fit in with our standards of how things should be. "That person is _______" , "you are _______," "Why are you doing that, you idiot?" "That's not what -I- would do."

It's easy to do.

Then when you get groups of people who have similar thoughts, it's easier to think you're right because so many people think the same way way. Then you have some sort of ego trip over how much better you are than that person you are putting down, and you collectively feel this.

I do agree with Arrow on some points, but not all.

I think the mob mentality can be a part of human nature, especially since it's so integrated in today's society, but once it is realized that all negative thoughts, emotions, doings etc. that one has/does -only- reflects on the person thinking/doing them. This is what karma is, what sin is.

Just because -YOU- think something, does not make it so.

jeta
Oct. 28, 2010, 01:29 PM
Bluesy, IIRC, the CCTL came to the OP's home and was quite aggressive....In this case once you ram your car through the OP's gate to gain entrance and write a nasty gram in red crayon, I think perhaps all bet's are off....But I hear ya;)

AnotherRound
Oct. 28, 2010, 01:47 PM
Coloring books aside, I sure would like to know the updates on this situation. Like WHO was the OP?? Hmmm? And, WHAT is the COTH name of the crazy crayola trainer? Hmmm? And what ever happened in court? And, mostly, what is the current state of affairs in the new town!!

I want to know:

1 - Does OP have a lovely new indoor arena?

2 - Does OP have some lovely new clients?

3 - Does OP have a good rep in town?

4 - Did CCTL try, as she promised, to ruin OP's reputation in town, and if so, what is HER reputation, as a result?

5 - And finally, is CCTL actually still in the business of training horses and actually getting clients?

6 - Where in the country is this happening, (in general) and anything more the OP feels free to divulge.

Thank yew fer yer support.

Bluesy
Oct. 28, 2010, 10:14 PM
Bluesy, IIRC, the CCTL came to the OP's home and was quite aggressive....In this case once you ram your car through the OP's gate to gain entrance and write a nasty gram in red crayon, I think perhaps all bet's are off....But I hear ya;)

I am quite aware of the situation, but I don't think labeling people (no matter if it's "crazy" or what not.) or making fun of people is very conducive to anything - especially one's well being.

I recognize that the Crayon lady (I have no idea what her name is) did not act in a manner which was conducive (I like that word ;)) to herself, nor to the original poster.

Everyone has choices. The OP and the Trainer lady who's name I do not know, (nor do I care to know) both had choices, some of which Arrow pointed out.

They both made mistakes and got caught up in themselves. Hopefully they have both learned from their altercation. That is all that matters.

A lot of people do ridiculous things, many people are terrified of other people for that reason.

*Personally* I dislike labeling people, for the reasons I mentioned above.
When I label someone, I feel that I am judging people, and I dislike to judge people, since we are all equal.

I would rather feel compassion for all, rather then tell someone they are _______, because it puts me above (or sometimes below) them, and I do not like this feeling.

I feel SO much better when I choose to harbor the positive, not the negative.

...off my soap box now...:winkgrin:

EponaRoan
Oct. 29, 2010, 03:42 AM
And is the CCTL still writing notes in crayon or has she graduated to a sharpie.

bizbachfan
Oct. 29, 2010, 08:21 AM
Okay admitting I did not read all 40 pages, but wow crazy thread. I just am a little confused on why a 10 year veteran of training would send their one dead broke horse to a trainer they don't know. Something about that seems off to me. So her farrier told her trainer was good, if you are in the business I would think you would want to watch the trainer, etc first. I know there was the issue of her farm not being ready... but she did have several other younger horses there. Would just make more sense to send one of the younger ones for training wouldn't it? I guess I am trying to figure out what it was that the OP was trying to have the CCTL accomplish with this completely dead broke horse? I know the thread is two years old plus, but that is just a little confusing to me and after stupidly spending time reading this thread I had to ask. Another point was OP said she didn't want to spend the gas money driving to CCTL's facility, yet in another post says they are neighbors and CCTL was suggesting walking her younger horses to her farm, I know gas was high in 08 but really? Something just seems off to me.

Starting to think perhaps this was a great "novella" my apologies to OP if I am wrong here.