PDA

View Full Version : Help Plz. Tact or Education Needed. [a short novel]

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

MidlifeCrisis
Jul. 10, 2008, 10:47 AM
OK, I'll drop fuzzy wuzzy brown and be gold.
We need to all dress up in our colors, send a photo to someone, and make a collage.

BCEVENTER
Jul. 10, 2008, 10:51 AM
May I Puhleeesseee be Salmon. Not Pink. Salmon. Puhleeeessseeee.....

Oh and BA still sending jingles and hoping for the best!

MardiGrasTimeStable
Jul. 10, 2008, 10:58 AM
I wanna be Mahogany!
It's the color of my boy in the summer sunlight

BA - hope things are settling out.... craziness.

jackalini
Jul. 10, 2008, 11:21 AM
Green Blue is my choice! I get to be 2 colors at once, wahoo!!

More seriously, I was going to reply on this thread early on that I just recently sent my broke 6 year old off for 30 days of "finishing" and riding out to a cowboy and his staff.

They rode her EVERY DAY. One day of some longing and some riding to evaluate, and the rest were work days.

At the end of 30 days, I could tell a difference and my horse was doing MORE and capable of MORE than she was when I dropped her off.

CCTL, that is the point of the matter. You were paid to RIDE the horse and IMPROVE it. You didn't. The person who shovelled $$ over to you for this has a right to be upset about it. You, however, do not have a right to smash gates and other adolescent bs like that.

Oh, and to add to the list:
-not the sharpest tool in the shed
-A few screws short of a hardware store
-A burger short of a combo meal
-The gates are down and the lights are flashing, but the train isn't coming
-Has an IQ of room temperature
-Couldn't pour water out of a boot with instructions on the heel

jazzrider
Jul. 10, 2008, 11:22 AM
I have always liked the Midnight Blue, I'll be that one.

Shoot. That's my favorite crayon. Can we share? :)

Did I miss an update from BA, or are we just playing?

DairyQueen2049
Jul. 10, 2008, 12:49 PM
Ooh! Ooh! I want to be silver :D

Hi Ho VCT AWAAAAAAAYYYY!!!!:lol:

Amwrider
Jul. 10, 2008, 01:49 PM
Shoot. That's my favorite crayon. Can we share? :)

Did I miss an update from BA, or are we just playing?

Me? Share? OK, but how about I change to Navy Blue so I can be one of my barn colors?

Pat
Jul. 10, 2008, 01:54 PM
OK, I confess I didn't read any of the posts beyond the first 5 ones.
From another POV, when my trainer started my already 30 day broke horse, he longed him for 3 months walk/trot. At three months he finally cantered him on the longe.
Long story short, MOST of the things my trainer was doing were beyond my perception. He'd ride 6 times around the ring at a canter and one of those times he'd give a big pat to the horse. I was like "what did he do" and the trainer would say "he stayed balanced in the corner". I couldn't see it.
But the horse is now fantastic, safe, sweet and an incredible mover.
So, for me, a great trainer can develop things that I am completely unable to perceive. This is just another point of view about trainers who don't seem to be doing anything but really are.

Yeah, uh, um, that's *nice*. But trully apples and oranges. The OP's horse was not "30 days broke" when dropped off. He was BROKE TO DEATH, and cattle trained, and IIRC, traffic safe. I may only ride hunter/jumper, but I've got a pretty good idea of just *how* broke that horse is. Leading it around and tacking/untacking it for days is just plain STUPID. Just get on the bloody horse and RIDE it! Never mind being pleased as punch after "walking outside the round pen". WOw, like that was such an accomplishment.

The ONLY time I had a horse in my barn that I DID not get RIGHT on was on a "mental holiday." I *was* supposed to be riding her lightly, but she was getting balky and rude in her work as a school horse. I gave her 30 of her 60 days to decompress, as requested.

In your example, you asked questions and got legit answers. Sure, you might not have seen what was the 'big deal', but you got a real answer. Also, it's not particularly odd to keep it simple and stick to walk/trot with a young/green horse. If she didn't feel he was balanced enough to canter, than kudos to her for not doing it.

I once had my trainer on one of my horses. He was pretty good at 'faking it' back then. He's well put together and just *knows* where to put his head. He'll look *awfully* cute to the innocent bystander, but he's lugging for sure. Well, lug o'matic was at it, to the point where my calm, pleasant trainer actually said to him out loud that "self-carriage is a requirement!" I almost peed my pants. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

The OP is probably more in the situation as I am. Perfectly capable of taking on customers but just doesn't for what ever personal reasons. Well, that may change for BA, but what ever. One pro (or 'almost pro" going to another for additional assistance isn't odd or unusual. But CCTL shouldn't be trying to 'snow' anybody, reguardless of experience.

I do think at this point that she isn't necessarily delusional, and she knows she's a fraud. The hullaballo was to try to cover that fact so if she does have novice or just plain stupid customers she wants BA to look like she's dumb. Didn't work very well.

OH, BTW, I take melon. I like melon. I'm no good at those stick figure things, somebody please add me to the bus!

Ambrey
Jul. 10, 2008, 01:58 PM
I disagree. I think CCTL has outed herself as a nutcase, and fits the description quite well. I don't think she was trying to cover anything (any more than Britney Spears attacked someone with an umbrella as a "publicity stunt." She also outed herself as a nutcase).

I am just hoping BA is OK :( I worry about nutcases.

cloudyandcallie
Jul. 10, 2008, 02:07 PM
I wanna play too. I'll be Yellow-orange cause my hair was that color once(another story).....

That should be enough to scare CCTL into leaving BA alone.:winkgrin:
hey we had the same hair disaster! oh no do we have to color our hair the crayon color?????
all my horses that I drew were black or pintos, I just always liked burnt sienna for earthy colors.
maybe I'll just get a wig.
thanks Erin for matching colors to people.
I think if you can find the color, either the 64 or from old discontinued, etc., then you can match up with it. if that's ok with everyone and our expert on crayola??????
hope BA is ok and will post soon just to let us know she is alive and not tarred and feathered, or boiled in a vat of melted crayons.

cloudyandcallie
Jul. 10, 2008, 02:18 PM
while we are waiting for BA to return to the post with info, on her health if she cannot comment on the crayontrainer, it is soooooooooooo nice that y'all are being so good to change colors for people and share, etc. hmmmm no fighting like on the other threads, glad we aren't choosing to wear shoes or go barefoot when we all descend on the onehorsetrainertown.
so I don't mind others going as burnt sienna also, as long as I can.
yall are right, we do need to make costumes and send pix for a collage.
meanwhile, just how do you make a crayola crayon costume? like the coneheads on sat. nite live???
I do hope BA will check in, tell us how KADE is doing after being "untrained" or taught to color (is that extra$?), and how her gate is doing.
and choose her color.

EponaRoan
Jul. 10, 2008, 02:20 PM
Dibs on turquoise blue! :D

trubandloki
Jul. 10, 2008, 02:50 PM
HERE (http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf90077665.tip.html) is a group dressed up in their costumes.

I think we need to get crazy trainer lady one of THESE (http://www.crayolastore.com/product_detail.asp?T1=CRA+CR40TISS+Lg)

Finale
Jul. 10, 2008, 03:02 PM
Wow! It seems that I've missed out on several pages of fun while I was hanging out in the mountains with no internet and no phone... But I digress.

I must add that CCTL is not the brightest crayon in the box!

RNB
Jul. 10, 2008, 03:06 PM
I have dibs on Black! Not a 'true' color but I use to use it to outline all my pictures....kinda like I was "corraling' :D the other colors!! (Trying to keep it horse related)

cloudyandcallie
Jul. 10, 2008, 03:08 PM
HERE (http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf90077665.tip.html) is a group dressed up in their costumes.

I think we need to get crazy trainer lady one of THESE (http://www.crayolastore.com/product_detail.asp?T1=CRA+CR40TISS+Lg)

how cut but i think we should have kinda "round" crayons???? and maybe wigs to match our colors? whoever chose pink will look cute with pink hair, ditto red.
hope BA can post update on her continuing existence.
hmmm, my horse Cloudy would look cute and a crayola sheet with flymask in matching color. which color is closest to manure-stained grey and white pinto??????????????????????? dibs on that color for Cloudy. if I can figure out the color. well heck, just add "manure-stain brown" to the list and add "Partly Cloudy" to the list. He trailers very well, altho he'll drink everyone's beer and eat every food except meat on the trip to the onehorsetrainertown.

talkofthetown
Jul. 10, 2008, 04:09 PM
I'll be Carnation Pink!! This sounds like a hoot:lol:

Dispatcher
Jul. 10, 2008, 04:51 PM
This is HYSTERICAL!!! I have been laughing out loud about this one!

But who is CCTL? Don't we NEED to know after all of this? As a COTH member/poster she should 'fess up. At least tell us what state she is from.......

ThreeFigs
Jul. 10, 2008, 05:09 PM
Raw Umber = uncooked umber.

I do hope BA is getting as big a laugh out of this thread as we are! And I hope all's well with her! Stupid CCTL!

cloudyandcallie
Jul. 10, 2008, 07:03 PM
This is HYSTERICAL!!! I have been laughing out loud about this one!

But who is CCTL? Don't we NEED to know after all of this? As a COTH member/poster she should 'fess up. At least tell us what state she is from.......
even if crayontrainer won't post, at least we need to know the state so we can plan the great crayon charter bus tour.
everyone sign up with erin and post here for colors.
if you want, make up your own, as my WB is going as "manure stain brown", a delicate combination of manure with just a touch of whizz for contrast.:D
well it may come down to elimination, for example, I am NOT the crayontrainer, I couldn't even have lunged Kade properly!

justhanginon
Jul. 10, 2008, 07:22 PM
I keep checking Erin's list - we are still a few crayons short of a box. (hahahahaha) Come on people let's fill that bus - or trailer.

Blind Alter
Jul. 10, 2008, 07:27 PM

You guys are cracking me up! I just bought one of these for me! I need the humor.

Still can't say squat though. Just that now things have calmed down some. I'm carrying on and minding my own business. While it's killing me not to be able to post details, I can't.

You're all super good sports tho ... and very funny!

tweeter
Jul. 10, 2008, 07:30 PM
We understand about not being able to post the details (at least for now...hoping for a full report later). Just really happy to have you check in!

horse-loverz
Jul. 10, 2008, 07:51 PM
_|_\/\./\./\./\./\.\
_|\|:D:cool::).:winkgrin::Do|
_||___________|
_||_COTH Mobile|
_||_Crayola Box.|
_\|___________.|
___(O)_____(O)

Maybe this would be a more interesting mode of transportation for the COTH Crayola Posse...

Blind Alter
Jul. 10, 2008, 07:53 PM
I just realized I had PM'S. Thanks for the supportive words.

In my PM's I've been told I have to pick a color. So drat, most of my favs are taken it looks like. Is "Cadet Blue" still up for grabs?

BTW, hubby is in the other room reading this thread and he's laughing his ever loving butt off.

horse-loverz
Jul. 10, 2008, 07:56 PM
I hear laughing is good for weight loss... good thing we are giving him exercise:winkgrin::lol::lol: (just kidding)

cloudyandcallie
Jul. 10, 2008, 08:04 PM
I just realized I had PM'S. Thanks for the supportive words.

In my PM's I've been told I have to pick a color. So drat, most of my favs are taken it looks like. Is "Cadet Blue" still up for grabs?

BTW, hubby is in the other room reading this thread and he's laughing his ever loving butt off.
no no this is your thread, so you get your color. I would even give up my burnt sienna for you, but I guess you won't want Cloudy's "manurestainbrown" a color which crayola has for some reason not chosen to feature yet:confused:

dressagetraks
Jul. 10, 2008, 08:32 PM
Is aquamarine taken?

Good to hear from you, BA. Hang in there, keep the gate locked, and give Kade a carrot for us.

Hey, carrot orange. There's a good color. We need to design Equestrian Crayolas, like Horseopoly and all the other Monopoly specific spinoffs. I'll bet it would sell. :D

pony4me
Jul. 10, 2008, 08:48 PM
Who gave Chanter a box of crayons???

dressagetraks
Jul. 10, 2008, 08:50 PM
P.S. This thread has grown long past its title.

New title suggestions? I nominate "A Few Crayons Short of a Full Box."

lesyl
Jul. 10, 2008, 08:56 PM
I would like to be burnt sienna. The name reminds me of my former life as a firefighter. If not that then sea green.

Erin Pittman
Jul. 10, 2008, 09:43 PM
Is aquamarine taken?

Hey, carrot orange. There's a good color. We need to design Equestrian Crayolas, like Horseopoly and all the other Monopoly specific spinoffs. I'll bet it would sell. :D

Aquamarine is taken...but orange is still open (we might even consider renaming it just for you...). See the list of colors on page 13 of the thread.

lesyl - Burnt Sienna is taken, but there is still Raw Sienna, if you want that one...meanwhile, Sea Green it is.

Blind Alter - I'm very glad to hear that things are quiet for now. Like everyone else, I am desperate to know more details (but I guess I can handle it). I haven't laughed so much over a COTH thread in a long time!

EponaRoan
Jul. 10, 2008, 09:50 PM
Raw Umber = uncooked umber.

Is there a medium rare umber or well done umber?

:lol:

paw
Jul. 10, 2008, 10:02 PM
This is fabulous. May I be Copper? My first horse (an old OTTB ex-schoolie) came with the registered name Bronze Copper. He was actually a much brighter chestnut than that...

(I renamed him "Red Alert" because of the way we bombed around the cross-country course.)

Keep smiling, BA!

cloudyandcallie
Jul. 10, 2008, 10:16 PM
maybe we can get crayola to sponsor our tour? and our horses? altho Cloudy would probably eat his crayolas and manure in colors:D
meanwhile, everyone sign up and we'll hope to find out just where we need to go.
and everyone buy a lotto ticket for friday (or saturday for you others) night and winner must buy materials for costumes and lease the bus. (don't hold your breath, some non-horsey person will win, or crayontrainer:eek:)
glad BA is ok, and have we heard from Kade? guess she is unlearning her training at the CCTL barn.

EponaRoan
Jul. 10, 2008, 10:23 PM
Kade is currently under the care of Dr Drew because she's upset about her name being mangled. I think she's going to be on the next season of Celebrity Rehab, but don't quote me.

mcm7780
Jul. 10, 2008, 10:25 PM
I've been following this and all I can say is: Wow! :eek: Good luck!

And I want to be Blue Green!!! Those were my XC colors so getting to be them combined into one as a Crayon...totally cool! :lol:

lesyl
Jul. 10, 2008, 10:43 PM
I'll take sea green - partially to celebrate monsoon season and also it is a color I like.

Back to some of the previous posts - I think care needs to be taken when interacting with people who are expressing themselves by ramming into gates. That is a bit past the pinning ears sort of expression.

Erin Pittman
Jul. 11, 2008, 08:31 AM
That is a bit past the pinning ears sort of expression.

*Snork* Sorry, but that just is too funny.
-I was visiting a student at an internship yesterday. They have a broodmare who is very protective and pins her ears/wrinkles her nose at you when you walk by the stall. I just had to wrinkle my nose up back at her...she could've been CCTL in horse form - I'd be willing to bet she'd have liked to come through the stall to bite me.

trubandloki
Jul. 11, 2008, 08:34 AM
BA be sure have your fat husband and stupid kids, or was it stupid husband and fat kids, well whatever they are, have them pick colors too. We must include everyone.

jeta
Jul. 11, 2008, 09:09 AM
Can I claim Mulberry?....umm its my favorite candle smell as well.....

BA, hang in there...we are all hoping the dust settles for you...

SillyHorse
Jul. 11, 2008, 09:16 AM
BTW, hubby is in the other room reading this thread and he's laughing his ever loving butt off. Well, that's good, right? 'Cause he's fat. Or was that stupid? Or was it fat and stupid? Or was that your children? CCTL has me all confused! :lol:

LetItBe
Jul. 11, 2008, 10:23 AM
Ok put me down for Denim or Blue Purple to fill the bus:D

Good luck BA!

LetItBe

equusrocks
Jul. 11, 2008, 11:55 PM
I've always been a spring green sorta girl myself...

Hope all is going well BA.

cloudyandcallie
Jul. 13, 2008, 08:44 PM
raw umber alert.
walgreen's drug store has just inside the door a big sign with something like rainwear? that says "raw umber" with the color!! run out and buy the raingear to use on your crayon costume!
just for those of you who love raw umber, and those of you who want to know what the heck color it is!!!

MunchkinsMom
Jul. 13, 2008, 10:40 PM

Now that you have said it, I bet we will see it in one of our numerous equestrian catalogs this Christmas.

Great gift set, a bunch of horsey coloring books, and the crayons in "equine" colors - will make it so much easier for the kids if they are marked "bay" or "dun" or "palomino".

cloudyandcallie
Jul. 13, 2008, 10:45 PM
Now that you have said it, I bet we will see it in one of our numerous equestrian catalogs this Christmas.

Great gift set, a bunch of horsey coloring books, and the crayons in "equine" colors - will make it so much easier for the kids if they are marked "bay" or "dun" or "palomino".

or when they color a horse like my Cloudy, how kids will love to choose "manurestain brown" :D

equusus
Jul. 17, 2008, 09:03 AM
Any update on the CCTL?

pattnic
Jul. 17, 2008, 09:45 AM
Since Maroon is taken, can I be Brick Red? Or maybe I want to be Flesh (later Peach), just because the politically correctness/incorrectness of this cracks me up!

PS - I would *totally* buy Horse-olas! I would use them with my Breyer coloring book... but not the My Little Pony coloring book - regular Crayolas (or the glittery ones!) have better colors for that!

trubandloki
Jul. 17, 2008, 09:48 AM
Any update on the CCTL?

And an even better question - is BA still alive out there?

hoopoe
Jul. 17, 2008, 10:13 AM
wow I just read all of these pages

First priority is to choose ( definitively) the flesh / peach, since that is the color of Hoopoes

Secondly

Our OP was truly a blind alter but SOMEONE was able to recognize the situation and alert our Colo(ur)ful trainer. Perhaps she alerted herself!!!

would love to have heard that conversation

But it is so fantastical and head shaking

that you know it is all true.

and further drives home the warning

get it in writing get it in writing observe the trainer in action both with horses and clients

and get it in writing.

JoZ and I could carpool

AnotherRound
Jul. 17, 2008, 10:57 AM
Big re-edit here, posted before going past page one, thought it was a short thread. Duh. Chick sounds like someone mentioned, sociopathic. that's pretty dangerous.

cloudyandcallie
Jul. 17, 2008, 07:15 PM
i'ts hard to tell. but that's why it is important to be careful in reacting to someone like the crayontrainer, cause that could have been BA and not the gate she totalled.
BA check in and tell us you are ok.
and the state, I still want to know the state. we've got enough crazies in georgia, let it be somewhere else like texas or calif.
and thanks Erin for the horseoyla colors, can you please update? thank you

asanders
Jul. 17, 2008, 07:42 PM
Can I be sepia plz...

As a kid I had fancy prismacolor colored pencils box of 64 (mom was an artist) and for some reason S E P I A was labled in all caps like that. I became facinated with that color...

Now I have a super fancy battery powered crayon sharpener, boy is it easier than that thing in the side of the box...

Hunter Princess
Jul. 17, 2008, 09:13 PM
I've just been following the entire thread, and laughing so hard I've spit more than one thing on my keyboard....now I want a color!

Any shades of purple left?

Reynard Ridge
Jul. 17, 2008, 10:04 PM
Whew - 16 pages - that took a while. Glad to hear that all seems quiet on BAs front. No fun dealing with psychos in real life. :no:

Virtually, you guys are plenty fun. :lol:

justhanginon
Jul. 17, 2008, 10:04 PM
i'ts hard to tell. but that's why it is important to be careful in reacting to someone like the crayontrainer, cause that could have been BA and not the gate she totalled.
BA check in and tell us you are ok.
and the state, I still want to know the state. we've got enough crazies in georgia, let it be somewhere else like texas or calif.
and thanks Erin for the horseoyla colors, can you please update? thank you

Oh I think we have come up for some much more "colorful" names in place of sociopath, that's just so clinical. I prefer the straight forward "crayon trainer" or of course, "one crayon short of a box". I hope BA is hanging in there, how's the progress on the indoor ? If this thing becomes a matter for the courts to handle it could take months before we get any details... torture. It will, however, give us plenty of time to work on our costumes and paint the trailer.

cloudyandcallie
Jul. 17, 2008, 10:39 PM
Oh I think we have come up for some much more "colorful" names in place of sociopath, that's just so clinical. I prefer the straight forward "crayon trainer" or of course, "one crayon short of a box". I hope BA is hanging in there, how's the progress on the indoor ? If this thing becomes a matter for the courts to handle it could take months before we get any details... torture. It will, however, give us plenty of time to work on our costumes and paint the trailer.

so is it crayopath, or crayopathic? in behavior? and we do have to paint, rats, well, if win lotto tomorrow night, the tour bus gets painted:lol:Hope BA is alive and well. If crayopathic crayon trainer got arrested for crim damage to property, she should have had first hearing in court by now, pled not guilty (don't say by reason of incrayonsanity) and been sent to grand jury if that state has that system. If in Louisana, who knows, they have french law.
will court tv cover the case? can we wear our crayola costumes in court to support BA?
check in BA and tell us you and your fat husband and stupid kids are ok, and did laughing his ass off work for your husband's weight problems?????????
And how is Kade? she was neither fat nor stupid per crayopathic trainer, so has she recovered from her de-training? Can you sue for psychological distress to mare?

Arrow
Jul. 18, 2008, 07:49 AM
Interesting threads over here at COTH when the poster has "alter" in the title--this one compares to the one posted by altergait. As with altergait's, it's been posted by someone who says they are a professional, but who is acting in a most unprofessional manner when it comes to talking about people behind their backs in ways that get back to the person in question.

Posting on the internet isn't as anonymous as people think, this thread is proof. It's not a good idea to post vents that people will recognize as being about themselves or their friends, it serves no purpose. Why did the OP post this thread in the first place? She's an experienced trainer--I find it hard to believe she couldn't have figured out how to handle the situation on her own.

If this thread is for real, if this situation actually exists, if the trainer has gone as far as ramming the woman's gate...well then I think 8 or so pages of "pick your color and join the possee" might just send an unbalanced person over the edge to paranoia. If this is all real, all this talk will only make the trainer feel more paranoid. The thread is setting up a dangerous situation. Maybe it's just time to let it die. If I was the trainer the OP is posting about, I think I would indeed see this thread as a personal attack on me, especially once I'd made it known to the OP that I was aware it existed. The OP should have contacted COTH mods, explained the situation, and asked them to take the thread down.

The internet is such a wonderful thing, I love posting about my horse and getting advice on this and other forums--but as with all human endeavors, human nature wins out. In this case it's the old mob mentality--get a bunch of folks all het up and baying for the blood of someone they consider a freak and an outsider. I've probably been guilty of ganging up on someone on a forum myself--maybe I'll think twice about that now and be more careful. We should be as careful in dealing with people on the internet as we would be in person.

DairyQueen2049
Jul. 18, 2008, 08:04 AM
So Arrow, you want to be the white crayon then??? :winkgrin:

talkofthetown
Jul. 18, 2008, 08:37 AM
So Arrow, you want to be the white crayon then??? :winkgrin:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Nice.

Julz
Jul. 18, 2008, 08:45 AM
Perfect. White crayon = Good guy? I think not.

Maybe just lacking in a sense of humor, as after all, one needs one when faced with excruciatingly bizarre situations.

Props to the OP, and can I be Azure?

Holly Jeanne
Jul. 18, 2008, 09:00 AM
Guess I need a spot in the box since I actually used to ride literally right behind the crayola factory. :lol: I'll take whatever color is left. :) One of my favorite T - shirts had "Crayola" on it with scribles all over the shirt. It said "staying within the lines is YOUR option." :D

Arrow
Jul. 18, 2008, 09:05 AM
Is it a bizarre situation? Really? Well, let's see what happened...OP sent horse to a trainer who didn't do enough, but didn't abuse or hurt the horse in any way, shape, or form. OP took horse back, trainer intruded upon OP's space in a boorish way--a situation that in the bad old pre-internet days, would have been dealt with by simply smiling, committing to nothing, and ignoring said trainer until she went away to bug someone else. Some gossip at the feed store would have taken place, and the community would have taken sides and judged for themselves based on what they knew about both parties involved.

But of course this is the modern world, the internet age--instead the OP posted "a short novel," to use her words, on a public board that exposed the trainer to ridicule by lots of people who have only heard one side of the story. The trainer reacted badly--there's no doubt about that. But in fact nothing bizarre would have happened if the OP hadn't posted her story in the first place. Threads designed to do nothing other make yourself feel better by getting a bunch of strangers to laugh with you at someone you don't like never end well. Sometimes they don't even work--remember the 4H Vent thread?

I don't think it's a bizarre situation at all--as I said, human nature at is finest is on display here. The one thing people almost never are when they are anonymous is kind--kindness and understanding go out the window when there are no consequences for what you say or do. That is in fact how mobs work--get enough people together in a group, and they feel anonymous. Here we have the anonymous problem squared--anonymous posters X mob mentality = a disquieting thread.

Venting on the internet is just not a good idea..Venting is something you do in private with close, personal friends...or sometimes with a total stranger somewhere off the beaten path when you know it's never going to get back to anyone you know. Venting on the internet is neither of those two things.

Dispatcher
Jul. 18, 2008, 09:06 AM
But wait! Arrow, are you the CCTL? We heard that she is a COTH member.......:D

Arrow
Jul. 18, 2008, 09:12 AM
Why of course I am, because no one else in their right mind would object to what's going on here, correct? And if I am indeed this trainer, I sound a heck of a lot more reasonable than she's being made out to be, don't I? Makes you wonder, doesn't it...

Nope, not the trainer in question, just someone who's sense of humor goes out the window when she sees a group of people mocking and ridiculing another person, no matter what the provocation.

talkofthetown
Jul. 18, 2008, 09:20 AM
hmmm. I don't think that BA was posting simply to be "talking about people behind their backs in ways that get back to the person in question." From the first few pages, it sounded to me like BA had tried the smile and nod routine, and it wasn't working, and it was frustrating. She turned here for advice, moral support, and maybe a laugh to cheer her up.

While I agree that the net isn't as annonymous as people like to think, BA was VERY vague about the situation. No names, no locations, no landmarks... If you've read all 16 pages, you've seen where people WERE trying to find out who/where/etc, with no luck. IMO, the only reason CCTL found out is because her (and/or her friend) saw this thread, was already involved in the situation, so she knew the story that BA refered to.

I know I've had my share of vents, rants, complaints, advice-seeking on COTH, due to difficult situations, weird people, training issues, anything.

ETA: My first sentence about getting back to people- I just re-read it and it didn't make sense. What I meant was that I don't think that BA was posting JUST to gossip about something. Obviously, it can get out.

asb2517
Jul. 18, 2008, 09:27 AM
Nope, not the trainer in question, just someone who's sense of humor goes out the window when she sees a group of people mocking and ridiculing another person, no matter what the provocation.

Waaaaah...someone call the Wambulance!!

If you don't want people to make fun of you don't write letters in crayon!! That's just asking for it!! :lol:

BTW...any colors left??? Is black taken? I like black.

ThreeFigs
Jul. 18, 2008, 09:27 AM
Arrow, I don't think this person (CCTL) was going to quit bugging BA. Yes, she sounds unbalanced -- and that's why simply ignoring her or trying to reason with her was not working. This situation was bound to escalate, internet or no internet.

CCTL has trouble with listening skills, for one thing. Wouldn't or couldn't comprehend what BA was telling her about the horse's previous training. Then wouldn't or couldn't comprehend why BA would not provide a reference. At that point, CCTL should have moved on with her life, perhaps find other clients who would benefit from her type of "training" and provide the references she desired.

And "mocking"? It's not the first time that's happened. It provides us (OK, well, MOST of us) with headshaking WTF entertainment.

Can't recall the origin of this quote, but it's a favorite of mine,"If you can't be a good example, you can at least be a horrible warning."

JMO.

Arrow
Jul. 18, 2008, 09:29 AM
In response to talkofthetown--See post #22--the trainer knew within about 24 hours that this thread existed. That's hardly anonymous--the trainer's friends recognized it and told her. Also I didn't say the OP wanted to get back at the trainer, I said she posted to make herself feel better by getting others to laugh at the trainer with her. We all do that with friends, of course, venting is normal--but doing it on the internet is just not a good idea.

I really meant what I said in my first post here--it's a dangerous situation. If the woman really is unhinged, this thread might drive her to do something worse.

Arrow
Jul. 18, 2008, 09:33 AM
Arrow, I don't think this person (CCTL) was going to quit bugging BA. Yes, she sounds unbalanced -- and that's why simply ignoring her or trying to reason with her was not working. This situation was bound to escalate, internet or no internet.

JMO.

Very, very doubtful--she didn't do anything unbalanced until the thread started. She only visited the woman's place once, and the OP was posting about it. I see nothing in this story that suggests that anything would escalate. In fact I see the opposite--the OP recently posted that things had quieted down. Since then, the thread has continued on with possee talk. This thread could well provoke the trainer--it's done it before.

talkofthetown
Jul. 18, 2008, 09:36 AM
In response to talkofthetown--See post #22--the trainer knew within about 24 hours that this thread existed. That's hardly anonymous--the trainer's friends recognized it and told her. Also I didn't say the OP wanted to get back at the trainer, I said she posted to make herself feel better by getting others to laugh at the trainer with her. We all do that with friends, of course, venting is normal--but doing it on the internet is just not a good idea.

I really meant what I said in my first post here--it's a dangerous situation. If the woman really is unhinged, this thread might drive her to do something worse.

Sure. All I meant by annonymous was that nobody EXCEPT trainer's friends figured it out. Obviosuly, if they are her friends, they already knew the situation, and so they recognized it.

As for dangerous situation, I'll agree that's definitely a valid concern. That could be why BA isn't around much at the moment. I respect the fact that once the law got involved, she didn't keep posting. Honestly though, if I were in her position, and being in a new town, so no friends to talk to, I probably would've posted a vent.

Arrow
Jul. 18, 2008, 09:41 AM
I can see your point of view talkofthetown--the OP might have been o.k. if she hadn't posted the mare's name. She could have been a lot more vague about her family size, number of horses, etc., too.

talkofthetown
Jul. 18, 2008, 09:48 AM
Well, yeah, I get where you're coming from. I think we can both agree that we hope BA and Co is doing alright, and that TL is keeping to herself!

Arrow
Jul. 18, 2008, 09:50 AM
Agreed!:)

trubandloki
Jul. 18, 2008, 09:54 AM
I can see your point of view talkofthetown--the OP might have been o.k. if she hadn't posted the mare's name. She could have been a lot more vague about her family size, number of horses, etc., too.

That's it, I am going to drive all over the country until I find someone with the same fat husband and lazy kids with that number of horses who is grading a ring. I am bound to figure out who the OP is if I only look long enough.

Arrow I think you are being a little too rough on the OP. The way I read the thread it started with her honestly looking for advice on how to deal with a situation. As soon as the situation got really weird she backed out, the rest is rest of the forum having fun and remembering how much fun crayons are.

Wellspotted
Jul. 18, 2008, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by JoZ:

And I know and love Raw Umber and Burnt Sienna because... of course... those were the colors I used to draw HORSES!!! All I ever drew were horses. Silver (or, OK, sometimes gold) for the bit and stirrups. White for the bling. Maize for my hair. Ah it's all coming back to me now...

Yes! I used those colors too, and sometimes copper.

I colored some saddles red too, DQ. A red western one in my Bonanza coloring book, a red English one in my National Velvet coloring book. (Now do those date me, or what?) :D

I just wish BA would get back to the thread and let us all know that all is well.

Erin Pittman
Jul. 18, 2008, 10:30 AM
Any shades of purple left?

Yes - there are three: Violet, Violet Red and Red Violet.

Props to the OP, and can I be Azure?

You could if there were an Azure...but there isn't. Pick another? ;)

Guess I need a spot in the box since I actually used to ride literally right behind the crayola factory. :lol: I'll take whatever color is left. :)
LOTS of colors left - see page 13 for the list (http://www.chronicleforums.com/Forum/showthread.php?p=3350918#post3350918).

BTW...any colors left??? Is black taken? I like black.

Sorry, black is taken.

I agree that this thread probably HAS caused the CTL to lose a few more screws, but I also agree that the OP has been very good in NOT posting more specific information (sorry cloudyandcallie, but I disagree with you - I don't think she should post what state she lives in). Posting a horse's name is really not that much detail - sure it's an unusual name, but not so unusual that it is the only horse out there with that name. I see her original thread as a true request for advice because her original tack of telling the person she wouldn't give a reference and why, obviously fell on deaf ears. Though I know folks that ride Western post on here ocasionally, I don't think it's the norm, so I could see how BA wouldn't expect CTL to see the thread let alone freak out about it. One thing I will say is that her seeing it obviously drove the point home that she wasn't going to get a reference from BA...

DairyQueen2049
Jul. 18, 2008, 10:34 AM
Yes! I used those colors too, and sometimes copper.

I colored some saddles red too, DQ. A red western one in my Bonanza coloring book, a red English one in my National Velvet coloring book. (Now do those date me, or what?) :D

I just wish BA would get back to the thread and let us all know that all is well.

Good heavens!! I have those same ones in mom's attic with RED saddles!!! Are you my secret twin sister that was seperated from me at birth??????? :eek:

Ambrey
Jul. 18, 2008, 10:35 AM

I tend to be the same way, but even I found this thread funny :)

You might be right that continued posting, bringing this thread back up, could be exacerbating BA's issues though. I hope she's OK.

Rebe
Jul. 18, 2008, 11:28 AM
LOTS of colors left - see page 13 for the list (http://www.chronicleforums.com/Forum/showthread.php?p=3350918#post3350918).

A trick to reading who's signed up for yellow - highlight their names with the cursor and they turn blue! And yes, I like to go back and see what colors are claimed and who else is on board.:yes:

It must be that childhood yearning for the 64 color box that still lurks in my mind...

Coral
Jul. 18, 2008, 02:09 PM
Posting a horse's name is really not that much detail - sure it's an unusual name, but not so unusual that it is the only horse out there with that name.

We also don't know if that is the mare's actual name. The OP could have come up with two similar names and used those instead; Sade/Sadie for example is another pair very similar to the ones mentioned here and there are probably more. We really don't know much of anything for certain, except that crayon fumes apparently cause insanity. :D

cloudyandcallie
Jul. 18, 2008, 02:14 PM
That's it, I am going to drive all over the country until I find someone with the same fat husband and lazy kids with that number of horses who is grading a ring. I am bound to figure out who the OP is if I only look long enough.

Arrow I think you are being a little too rough on the OP. The way I read the thread it started with her honestly looking for advice on how to deal with a situation. As soon as the situation got really weird she backed out, the rest is rest of the forum having fun and remembering how much fun crayons are.

well erin is right, we shouldn't find out where the place is. The crayopathic trainer could be dangerous, altho running a little car into a big gate probably means she and her boyfriend don't live where guns are the norm, so guesS BA is ok. There are crazy people who do escalate the violence when they are mocked, so it could be dangerous. But like one poster said, when you write a letter in crayon, it is time for ridicule.
Meanwhile, you take NY, I'll take GA/SC and northerb FL, looking for that fat stupid family with the cute mare and the mangled gate.
and I'll share burnt sienna if anyone else wants it, and maybe others will share, we still have colors left.

Erin Pittman
Jul. 18, 2008, 02:27 PM
A trick to reading who's signed up for yellow - highlight their names with the cursor and they turn blue! And yes, I like to go back and see what colors are claimed and who else is on board.:yes:

It must be that childhood yearning for the 64 color box that still lurks in my mind...

Also, any color that has already been "claimed" is in boldface type. If it's not in bold, it's available.

EponaRoan
Jul. 18, 2008, 02:41 PM
Also, any color that has already been "claimed" is in boldface type. If it's not in bold, it's available.

That's really awesome how you have the 'owners' names in the same color! :cool:

I think the only reason BA posted the name of the horse was that CCTL insisted on changing the name to suit herself or kept getting it wrong. Otherwise I don't think it would have been a factor. And it might not even have been the real name as I couldn't find CCTL's blog/website using it. And I tried. :yes:

cloudyandcallie
Jul. 18, 2008, 02:41 PM
the 24 box is on sale at publix now. not the 64. but walmart has that big plastic cannister with lots of them, I didn't count them when I bought one for a vet's twins in January.
Horse blankets can be done too, with little pointy headed cones for them instead of head bumpers. Cloudy is already manure stained so burnt sienna will match his coat perfectly.
I do hope that a permanent injunction will be issued to prevent crayopathic trainer from harrassing BA, and that BA will get her business going and make lots of money training horses in her new town.
what was that crayon manufacturer, not crayola, who had the black box of lots of crayons? I had that one when I was young, more intense colors than did crayola, but they didn't last long cause they were so expensive. Their burnt umber had all those neat gold flakes in the crayons.
Erin is doing a great job on the list. thank you.
and we do hope that the cryopathic trainer does well in her business, w/o using Kade as an example of her training skills, and w/o using the 2 yr old pix of BA on Kade as an example of the end result of her training.

Julz
Jul. 18, 2008, 04:25 PM
Oh no, I missed the List. What is wrong with Crayola? They have cheaped out with the favorite colors. I'll have to be Magenta then!

Donnalynn
Jul. 18, 2008, 04:42 PM
I have been afraid to post here!

What if scary crayola trainer has relatives? And they lurk?

Risking it all and locking my gate tonight because I absolutely HAVE to have 'orchid' as my color.

And, to make up for my wussiness:

Oh, where oh where has the blind alter gone? Oh where oh where can she be....with her gate crashed through and her tale half done, oh where oh where can she be?

WalkInTheWoods
Jul. 18, 2008, 05:02 PM
Burnt Orange,Plum or Apricot, colors the fruity CCTL may relate to. If they are taken, just give me any old color.

cloudyandcallie
Jul. 18, 2008, 06:43 PM

Risking it all and locking my gate tonight because I absolutely HAVE to have 'orchid' as my color.

Oh, where oh where has the blind alter gone? Oh where oh where can she be....with her gate crashed through and her tale half done, oh where oh where can she be?
ok, now we've got a song to sing on the long trailer ride to that town.
BA's probably out repairing her gate and electrifying the new one. I hope her mailbox escaped injury. Do we have to sit in the groups with our similar colors, like the crayons are in the boxes?
and horses ride by colors too?

ThreeFigs
Jul. 18, 2008, 06:48 PM
Arrow, this woman was off the rails on the crazy train by the time BA made her first post. By then she had wasted BA's time and money doing round pen drills with a broke horse, verging on souring it to pen work. Never took it out of a trot. Did not acknowledge the training that was already on the horse. Dissed BA's opinions regarding the training. "You wouldn't understand" WTF!

Then she asks THREE times for a reference. If one is not granted a reference graciously on the first request it's best not to push it. She took credit when it was NOT due for the horse's performance (I'm thinking now of the day she called BA on the phone as she was gathering cattle). CCTL was evidently too dense to grasp BA's sarcastic remarks. It is too bad BA couldn't look into her crystal ball to see what a nutjob CCTL would turn into.

I don't think BA gave sufficient clues to be pinpointed except by people living in that community who know the participants. She and her "fat husband and stupid kids and X number of horses" could be any family, anywhere. CCTL needs to look in the mirror to see who the troublemaker is and get some counseling. She's already caused herself trouble with the trespassing and property damage. She needs to take a chill pill.

minnie
Jul. 19, 2008, 08:59 AM
Sure wish BA would make an appearance and at least let us know whether everything is ok on her end. Just a "hi, we're still here and doing fine" would be sufficient.

trubandloki
Jul. 21, 2008, 12:30 PM
BA please post so we know you are alive and well, though we would love more details we totally understand you are not able to give them.

SillyHorse
Jul. 22, 2008, 11:35 AM
I'll play! And do my very best to get everyone's colors right....I'm working from JoZ's list of colors, which doesn't quite match with what Wikipedia says, so if you would rather I do the Wikipedia list, then let me know and I'll try to change it...

Prussian Blue (later Midnight Blue) - SillyHorse (If you're willing to share, jazzrider wants that one, too)
Of course! :cool:

Chester's Mom
Jul. 22, 2008, 03:28 PM
Best wishes to BA; I actually assumed from the beginning that she had "changed details to protect the guilty" or at least fudged some of them..... I bet CCTL had bragged to locals about the job she did with someone's horse then fussed they wouldn't let her use them as a ref and someone local put two and two together....

I would like to be violet red please!

MardiGrasTimeStable
Jul. 23, 2008, 10:03 AM
Just a bump so that we can know BA is ok? BA.... hopefully nothing has taken a turn for worse???????

*How's that arena coming along?

And how are we doing with filling the Crayon Box?

Erin Pittman
Jul. 23, 2008, 10:36 AM

I am betting that we won't hear from BA for awhile - if this is going in the direction it sounds like it is (police and lawyers involved), she probably CAN'T post or she'd risk her case... But I do hope she and her family are ok, their ring is going in and that her barn is full of horses who are there for a good trainer... :)

At this time, there are still about 20-some colors left....see (http://www.chronicleforums.com/Forum/showthread.php?p=3350918#post3350918) list

trubandloki
Jul. 23, 2008, 10:40 AM
I am betting that we won't hear from BA for awhile - if this is going in the direction it sounds like it is (police and lawyers involved), she probably CAN'T post or she'd risk her case...

I realize that BA can not post about the original topic, but I would think it would be OK for BA to post and simply say "we are alive and well and had pizza for dinner last night" or such.

How would that affect the case and get them in trouble?

minnie
Jul. 23, 2008, 11:35 AM
She could even post and say Kade is doing this, this and this and we're having such a good time, or we're in the process of building an arena or my husband has decided to go on a diet or whatever. So long as she doesn't mention cctl or anything surrounding those particular circumstances it would be no harm no foul. BA PLEASE come back! LOL

Bliss92
Jul. 23, 2008, 11:57 AM
Orchid. Can I claim orchid? Or has someone else taken it? Heck. Just assign me a color.

BlindAlter, I hope we hear from you soon. We just want to know you're alive and well! (well, we want details too, but understand having to wait for them!)

sproonee
Jul. 23, 2008, 12:44 PM
I'll take Blue Gray!

Sanely Eccentric
Jul. 23, 2008, 01:43 PM
Wow, just wow! I have no idea how I missed this thread before today. I don't even want to admit how long it took me to read through every page and I'm a fast reader. I now understand the crayon trainer reference in the WWYD...child in pasture thread. :lol:

I have a couple of important questions. One, did anyone horse person win the lottery so HL's stick art can come true? Secondly, are there any colors left?

To the OP, I do believe you came here to honestly seek some advice. I am sorry you're stuck dealing with this colorful mess. On a good note, perhaps you can auction off the crayon letter in the future and recoup the money you spent on "training." :winkgrin: Keep your chin up!

trubandloki
Jul. 23, 2008, 01:45 PM
Secondly, are there any colors left?

See link to what colors are taken/available in Erin's post above.

Donnalynn
Jul. 23, 2008, 01:50 PM
[QUOTE=Bliss92;3382659]Orchid. Can I claim orchid? QUOTE]

Well, I did ask for it, but have to admit that since I was so chicken to post here, yellow might be more my style.

So, you may certainly have my prior claim to orchid - as long as you don't mind if I put in my well earned request for yellow.

Erin?

Sanely Eccentric
Jul. 23, 2008, 02:23 PM
See link to what colors are taken/available in Erin's post above.

Sky blue, please.:)

Arrow
Jul. 23, 2008, 02:31 PM
Maybe it goes on other places, and I'm just naive, but this is the only forum I visit about horses where folks deliberately set up an "alter" and post long detailed vents about folks they know with plenty of details so that person talked about can figure out exactly who it is. Awhile back in a thread started by someone calling themselves Altergait, Altergait stated as much saying basically, the person lurks here and will see this. And now we've got this trainwreck of a thread. I'd be willing to bet a zillion dollars that without this thread there would have been no gate-crashing, no cops, no lawyers. Trainer gal would have made a pest of herself for a few weeks (oh the horror! how could anyone be expected to deal with that...though they have been since humans started living in communities), and then it would have all blown over. People should use a little more common sense when they post on the internet.

KPF
Jul. 23, 2008, 02:44 PM
OMG, I too was late to this thread and just finished reading it all. Hope BA is OK. She writes so eloquently and with so much humor, I think she should write a book... "The Chronicles of the $700 CCTL"... and have it printed in crayon! :lol: (sorry, RR, I couldn't resist.)

ThreeFigs
Jul. 23, 2008, 02:53 PM
"Colorful mess"! Thanks, Sanely Eccentric!

Hey, Arrow, stop trying to defend CCTL. You must be a friend of hers. Birds of a feather, you know, and all that.

Sanely Eccentric
Jul. 23, 2008, 02:57 PM
Maybe it goes on other places, and I'm just naive, but this is the only forum I visit about horses where folks deliberately set up an "alter" and post long detailed vents about folks they know with plenty of details so that person talked about can figure out exactly who it is. Awhile back in a thread started by someone calling themselves Altergait, Altergait stated as much saying basically, the person lurks here and will see this. And now we've got this trainwreck of a thread. I'd be willing to bet a zillion dollars that without this thread there would have been no gate-crashing, no cops, no lawyers. Trainer gal would have made a pest of herself for a few weeks (oh the horror! how could anyone be expected to deal with that...though they have been since humans started living in communities), and then it would have all blown over. People should use a little more common sense when they post on the internet.

Welcome to this century! We have technology. Personally I don't think this "trainer" would be any more sensible without this thread posting. Also, "trainer" certainly used technology to post stolen photos and make claims. This particular alter posted on the worldwide internet in hopes that horse-industry savvy friends could assist or affirm her thoughts/concerns. Yes, a horse's name was given so it's not entirely anonymous. Interestingly though, if you put the horse's name (either version ;) ) with "trainer" and/or "training" and/or "horse" into google it does not give up any additional clues that have anything to do with this situation. Perhaps I was remiss though, I have to admit I did not try "crayon" during my minute of searching.

Arrow
Jul. 23, 2008, 03:05 PM
"Colorful mess"! Thanks, Sanely Eccentric!

Hey, Arrow, stop trying to defend CCTL. You must be a friend of hers. Birds of a feather, you know, and all that.

Just to be perfectly clear--I'm not defending the trainer, she's a nut, she reacted in a completely inappropriate way and a little time behind bars would do her some good.

That doesn't excuse the behavior of Blind Alter, though.

Again with the "she must be your friend." If folks only disagree with the crowd because they're sticking up for someone out of blind loyalty and not because they simply believe that it's the right thing to do...well, that's a sad statement on the world today.

Murphy's Mom
Jul. 23, 2008, 03:49 PM
I'm claiming Pine Green!

As to the OP, I haven't even figured out what state/province she is in. I don't think she has any behavior to be ashamed of. Now the rest of us....:D

Arrow
Jul. 23, 2008, 03:58 PM
The point isn't that random people across the world will know who you are (they probably won't)...the point is that your neighbor, who owns a shotgun, will know who you are...Is that not clear from what I posted?

Has OP acted in a way she should be ashamed of? That's a matter of opinion--I say yes, everyone else seems to say no. But has she acted wisely? I'll take a mighty firm stand that the answer to that one is "no"!!!

talkofthetown
Jul. 23, 2008, 04:06 PM
Come on guys, is the bickering really neccessary? Arrow has made her (his?) points clear, others have made their disagreements clear. I saw no trainwreck other than the last few pages. The only reason this thread is still going is that we're all hoping out of curiousity that BA will finally be able to give us the juicy details. All that's going on now is people claiming crayon colors and being borderline snarky with each other. Whether or not she should've posted, and whatever motive she had, it's done. She did post. So can we please just stop arguing about it?

Arrow
Jul. 23, 2008, 04:08 PM
Yes, sorry, I'll stop repeating myself, I'm done!

Bliss92
Jul. 23, 2008, 04:08 PM
Arrow, I completely understand what you're saying and where you're coming from. I don't completely agree... I've been known to vent from time to time, and while it might not be something I was planning on telling the "subject" of my vent, it's nothing I'd deny if confronted.

You have to consider, when Blind Alter first posted, the trainer was just a little "nutty", and in her own world (arent' we all at times?). Nothing to really take offence to. It's the trainer who crossed the line (lots of times!).

Even with an alter, it's silly to think no one will figure you out. This is the internet, and nothing posted on here is ever a secret. Ever. I don't think Blind Alter had ill intentions though. Heck, she even made an alter to help protect the name of the trainer, and not to "name names" so to speak.

I do see where you're coming from, though. People do have to be careful.

Sanely Eccentric
Jul. 23, 2008, 04:33 PM
.... All that's going on now is people claiming crayon colors

Surely I'm not the only one who's been entertained by who chooses which color and why?? And how many posts have been made to claim a color? I think we may be close to a full box of 64 now. It's a bit funny considering many, if not all of us, are adults and yet still have connections to crayons that most think of as a childhood tool/toy and are excited to claim our favorite color. I'm thinking we should develop a personality survey based on crayons....sharp, dull, bright, dark, new, broken, shavings, melted, brands, color names, etc. :lol:

Sanely Eccentric
Jul. 23, 2008, 04:37 PM
Arrow, I completely understand what you're saying and where you're coming from. I don't completely agree... I've been known to vent from time to time, and while it might not be something I was planning on telling the "subject" of my vent, it's nothing I'd deny if confronted.

You have to consider, when Blind Alter first posted, the trainer was just a little "nutty", and in her own world (arent' we all at times?). Nothing to really take offence to. It's the trainer who crossed the line (lots of times!).

Even with an alter, it's silly to think no one will figure you out. This is the internet, and nothing posted on here is ever a secret. Ever. I don't think Blind Alter had ill intentions though. Heck, she even made an alter to help protect the name of the trainer, and not to "name names" so to speak.

I do see where you're coming from, though. People do have to be careful.

Well-stated. I think you have blended the opinions into the "non-argumentative, we both have opinions" option. :)

talkofthetown
Jul. 23, 2008, 04:41 PM
Surely I'm not the only one who's been entertained by who chooses which color and why?? And how many posts have been made to claim a color? I think we may be close to a full box of 64 now. It's a bit funny considering many, if not all of us, are adults and yet still have connections to crayons that most think of as a childhood tool/toy and are excited to claim our favorite color. I'm thinking we should develop a personality survey based on crayons....sharp, dull, bright, dark, new, broken, shavings, melted, brands, color names, etc. :lol:

Of course not. I'm Carnation Pink! :lol: I just meant that BA isn't keeping up with this thread, and nothing new has happened (that we're aware of). We're all just hanging out, twiddling our thumbs, so to speak. I didn't see the need to keep arguing over it. At least until we had fresh info to discuss.

Hunter Princess
Jul. 23, 2008, 04:45 PM
I want violet!

I haven't been able to keep tabs on the thread due to be out of town, but best wishes to BA in that things clear up soon.

Blind Alter
Jul. 23, 2008, 06:39 PM
The point isn't that random people across the world will know who you are (they probably won't)...the point is that your neighbor, who owns a shotgun, will know who you are...Is that not clear from what I posted?

Has OP acted in a way she should be ashamed of? That's a matter of opinion--I say yes, everyone else seems to say no. But has she acted wisely? I'll take a mighty firm stand that the answer to that one is "no"!!!

I haven't replied to this thread in a few days mainly due to this poster's comments.

ARROW - You do have a few good points. BUT ... understand this: I came here (COTH) in search of a tactful way of dealing with this person. While it is quite true that people involved would likely recognize this situation, I haven't posted anything here that I have not already said IRL and I have taken great efforts to maintain my and TL's identity as private.

If someone I've already spoken with, at length, needs the same comments posted on an internet BB to snap into action (whether crazy or rational actions - in this case crazy), then that just tells me that I was right in the first place.

So "ashamed" I am not. I could have outed this person. And I am still thinking that's not really the worst idea.

If I were to infer from your posts that I would have been wiser to NOT post my angst and NOT ask for suggestions, then someone please eMail Banner and tell him to shut down the BB.

Damn free speech - it'll get ya every time.

On a side note: I really thank the posters who have taken this thread and made it entertaining. The thought of a Crayloa Possie keeps running through my head and when I get bummed about he situation, it brings a smile.

When all the dust has settled, I do see a Crayola themed BBQ/schooling show in the future. Just for sh|ts and giggles of course.

Everyone that owns horses needs a "sh|ts and giggles" day once in a while and when all this nonsense is settled - I promise I will host a modest "just for fun" event.

So ARROW, please LIGHTEN UP already. Read the entire thread and pick a color.

BA

tweeter
Jul. 23, 2008, 06:58 PM
BA!!!!!! Thank you for checking in, we were worried about you.

Can we wear our crayon costumes to the party? Of course we can, that was a silly question.

Coloring books for prizes :D

cloudyandcallie
Jul. 23, 2008, 07:09 PM
Well I for one am glad BA has checked it. With all the strife going on in the pastures of the once serene English countryside, we've all still worried:
1. Did the kids go to summer school so they won't be "stupid"?
2. Did husband really laugh his rump off so he won't be "fat"?
3. Did Dr. Drew analyze Kade and did she get over the trauma of being trained by the crayolatrainer?
4. Did the gate get fixed?
5. BBQ? Hmmm, either Texas or the South.

Oh no, so now a psychological evaluation of why we chose a certain color? And I chose burnt sienna, altho it does have those gold sparkly flakes in it. Or used to. I better go buy some crayons and check it out.

Thanks BA. Can you at least tell us how Kade is doing and how the ring grading work is going?

Thanks Erin for keeping up with all the color choices.

Tnagewitch
Jul. 23, 2008, 09:02 PM
This BB is going to send me to the head shrinker (where I may run into CCTL??).
I have, for my delusional amusement, been keeping up with this thread and the "Child in my Pastures" thread (if you have not visited that one, you are in for a real doozie....fantstic cheese and fairy tale references!)
Anyway, couple that with the fact that it seems some of our COTHers have had a hard time of it IRL......several posts about members having to put down thier friends.
So I have been alternating tears and laughter for the last hour......oh the humanity!
BA......thanks for the update!
My color: ummmm, I think the blues are taken, so maybe Orange (go gators :winkgrin:)

Appassionato
Jul. 23, 2008, 09:07 PM
May I have raw sienna?

BA, I'm glad you and yours are OK! Don't sweat the small stuff. ;)

horse-loverz
Jul. 23, 2008, 09:16 PM
Well at least Blind alters' life isn't "Facinated" .... Then Kade would be bred to a stallyon.. the papers would be filled out in crayon..and the horse would have been tied to a gate unattended without food or water...:cool:

Just kidding is pink taken???

ultimateshowmom
Jul. 23, 2008, 09:17 PM
[COLOR="Blue"][QUOTE=Arrow;3383335]The point isn't that random people across the world will know who you are (they probably won't)...the point is that your neighbor, who owns a shotgun, will know who you are...Is that not clear from what I posted?

Am I reading that Arrow is either threatening BA or suggesting that she be careful? Wow, scary.:(

cloudyandcallie
Jul. 23, 2008, 09:56 PM
[COLOR="Blue"][QUOTE=Arrow;3383335]The point isn't that random people across the world will know who you are (they probably won't)...the point is that your neighbor, who owns a shotgun, will know who you are...Is that not clear from what I posted?

Am I reading that Arrow is either threatening BA or suggesting that she be careful? Wow, scary.:(

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, I missed that. I do hope someone would not be dumb enough to threaten BA.
We would boil said person in a vat of wax.

lcw579
Jul. 23, 2008, 10:28 PM
Well at least Blind alters' life isn't "Facinated" .... Then Kade would be bred to a stallyon.. the papers would be filled out in crayon..and the horse would have been tied to a gate unattended without food or water...:cool:

ROFLMAO Between this and the stick art of Facinated's new home :lol::lol::lol:

asanders
Jul. 23, 2008, 10:29 PM
Coloring books for prizes :D
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Arrow
Jul. 23, 2008, 10:30 PM

It's not directed at BA at all--as either a threat or a warning. It's a general observation to all who read the thread that they need to be careful about what they post on the internet, or they might end up in a situation that is like the one BA has found herself in.

cloudyandcallie
Jul. 23, 2008, 11:34 PM
Of course I think it is wonderful that some people are compassionate toward those who are "misunderstood" and "troubled". Like all the folks who think the kid in England isn't really going to kill someone or some animal.
And those who think crayola trainer would not have come over and bashed up op's fence., Let all of those caring folks be the ones to befriend and take in those "misunderstood" and "troubled" folks into their own homes, or have them train their horses. Not me.
But those of us who have dealt with thousands and thousands of criminals out there know that there are lots more of the crazies out there, and they are going to do bad things whether or not someone talks about them.
So BA we all still stand behind you, and are ready to come in our costumes to defend you and Kade and your fat and stupid family, bless them all, from the crayola trainer.
Do not be chastised by someone who won't choose a color, for they wouldn't want to ride on the trailer with all of us anyway.

Vivace
Jul. 23, 2008, 11:49 PM
This thread brought me out of my lurkiness. :D

Glad to hear that the police are involved. Having someone like that handle my horse would be terrifying!

Good luck with the proceedings, BA.

Oh, and may I have lavender please? It's very relaxing. :yes:

Appassionato
Jul. 24, 2008, 12:14 AM

It's not directed at BA at all--as either a threat or a warning. It's a general observation to all who read the thread that they need to be careful about what they post on the internet, or they might end up in a situation that is like the one BA has found herself in.

It wouldn't be that hard to point in YOUR direction in regards to a threat to the OP. Just a "warning." ;)

Angel Undercover
Jul. 24, 2008, 12:46 AM
After all the talk about this over on the crazy english kid thread, I finally came to check it out and I have just spent the last hour reading every page in hysterics. I haven't laughed this hard at something in a LONG time!!!! God I love you COTHers!! :D

As for crayons, can the crayola bus make a stop over in Canada?? I wanna play!!

equusrocks
Jul. 24, 2008, 01:25 AM
Appassionato, I still sometimes read your name as "Asspantio." :D
Oh my me. Too much caffeine.

EponaRoan
Jul. 24, 2008, 03:04 AM
As a result of this thread, I am very tempted to get a nice shiny new box of crayolas and a horsey coloring book. If Ozzy Osbourne can color for fun, why can't I? :cool:

Oh, hey - they're online now! Awesome.

http://www.first-school.ws/theme/animals/cp_farm/cp_horse.htm

Although their concept of an 'equestrian jockey' is wacked.

equusrocks
Jul. 24, 2008, 03:24 AM
Ok, am I the only one that thinks the one labeled "trainer" is a hoot, considering??? :lol:

jeano
Jul. 24, 2008, 08:09 AM
If we're going to blend the CCTL and the Awful Child threads then we need some Cheesey Crayola Oz (not Ozzie) stick art.

Perhaps done in CheeseWitch crayon colors. Cotswald, Bleu, Goudawitch Red, GreenCheese, Badwitch Green, Velveeta Gold.....

Arrow
Jul. 24, 2008, 08:12 AM
It wouldn't be that hard to point in YOUR direction in regards to a threat to the OP. Just a "warning." ;)

Yep--exactly, I proved my own point!!!:lol:

jeano
Jul. 24, 2008, 08:15 AM

Could also be Missouri. MMMMM Kansas City BBQ

Appassionato
Jul. 24, 2008, 08:41 AM
Yep--exactly, I proved my own point!!!:lol:

Ok. Continue on with "How to kill BA" then. :rolleyes:

Ok, am I the only one that thinks the one labeled "trainer" is a hoot, considering??? :lol:

Yes! Mostly because only a gate was harmed so far, and you can't help but be stunned at this whole mess or laugh. NOT at BA's expense or anything...just my gosh, can you imagine having this happen???

And I still laugh about the Asspantio nick. :winkgrin:

trubandloki
Jul. 24, 2008, 08:53 AM

Um, we have BBQs here in NY too, so I think jumping to the OP being in the south because of the BBQ statement is a pretty big leap.

Arrow
Jul. 24, 2008, 09:04 AM
Ok. Continue on with "How to kill BA" then. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: right back at you. I don't understand your post. I posted something that I thought was general--"posting on the internet can get you in trouble if an unbalanced person takes it the wrong way." Another poster read it as a specific post--in fact as a threat by an unbalanced person. I didn't respond with "look idiot, it was meant to be general"--I responded with a very calm, "it was meant to be general." Then your post comes along, and I saw the "wink" in it and thought--ah, this person is saying, "see, it could be taken as a threat." So...I responded with a laugh at myself for making the same mistake BA did. And now you are rolling your eyes at me, and I don't know why...

SillyHorse
Jul. 24, 2008, 09:04 AM
I chose Prussian Blue because it tastes the best. :)

pAin't_Misbehavin'
Jul. 24, 2008, 09:06 AM
Um, we have BBQs here in NY too, so I think jumping to the OP being in the south because of the BBQ statement is a pretty big leap.

Whew. Not in SC, then. We either have pig-pickin's (if it's pork barbecue) or cook-outs (if we're just grilling some random cut of meat).

Whatever we're having, I'll bring the corn if I can be maize.:)

HuntJumpSC
Jul. 24, 2008, 09:52 AM
Whew. Not in SC, then. We either have pig-pickin's (if it's pork barbecue) or cook-outs (if we're just grilling some random cut of meat).

Whatever we're having, I'll bring the corn if I can be maize.:)

Yep! BBQ's are definitely called "pig pickins" here! I prefer vinegar to mustard...;) Got linked to this thread from the "Bad seed kids takes down fence & attempts to key truck" thread (aka~ Cheesy Oz) Wow! I miss all the good stuff....I swear this CCTL sounds like one that used to live around here. She was not the sharpest tool in the shed, and was probably the kid in preschool who ate the paste and hogged all the good crayons.

So, what colors are left? I want something in a nice shade of cheesy orange or yellow, please! :p

ThreeFigs
Jul. 24, 2008, 10:06 AM
Arrow, your posts are taking on an almost (note ALMOST) troll-like quality. BA's response to you was very succinct. You might as well give up. You're not going to change the minds of the majority of the Crayola Brigade. 99.9% here are behind BA all the way.

If there is someone unbalanced enough to go after a neighbor with their shotgun, they're likely to do so for a reason other than a veiled posting on the internet. This so-called trainer should thank her lucky stars that BA did NOT "out" her. THAT would remove all doubt as to her identity -- and serve as a fair warning to people in her area (wherever that is).

Now on to more important things: I've had damn good BBQ in Minneapolis, Denver, Pennsylvania and Maryland. Corner Stable! Best BBQ Evah!

Erin Pittman
Jul. 24, 2008, 10:08 AM
If you just aren't sure what color you want, here is the Wikipedia entry for the colors - maybe it'll help: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Crayola_crayon_colors And the entire list of COTH Crayons is here: http://www.chronicleforums.com/Forum/showthread.php?p=3350918#post3350918

BA - I'm glad we are at least providing you with some entertainment - hopefully CCTL is leaving you and yours alone. Let us know if she ever makes it onto Jerry Springer (without you, of course...).

NEWS!! We have to all play nice and share because all 64 colors are officially taken by at least one COTH-er! It is much easier to add a name or two to the existing list than to add all new colors (sorry y'all).

Arrow
Jul. 24, 2008, 10:21 AM
This so-called trainer should thank her lucky stars that BA did NOT "out" her. THAT would remove all doubt as to her identity -- and serve as a fair warning to people in her area (wherever that is).

***Snort*** The trainer rammed her gate, the cops were called, BA's building an arena and planning to train, the trainer's friend who spotted the thread has probably told everyone she knows, the trainer herself is probably trash talking BA in every horse locale she can find...every horse person in a 100 mile radius of wherever this is knows the whole story. And all this is over a trainer who was timid and wouldn't ride the horse outside the roundpen--not a trainer who did anything abusive to a horse. Sheesh! From subsequent descriptions of what BA does with the mare, I can't imagine why she placed her with a trainer in the first place.

I have not responded to BA since that post--I responded to two posts who seemed to feel that I advocated threatening the woman. I responded in a very reasonable tone and said, "I don't mean to threaten the woman, it was a general observation." If that's trolling around here, ban away. I agree that trolling is stirring up controversy just to stir up controversy, but that's not what I'm doing. I feel strongly about this issue. Of course I'm not swaying any of you, of course I don't expect you to instantly agree with me--but hundreds, maybe thousands of people, read these threads and never join or post. Maybe they'll take the lesson on display here to heart.

O.K., that's it, this time I mean it.:) Even if someone posts a question to me or a challenge, I promise not to respond anymore since that's apparently what y'all want. Carry on.

Maybeapril
Jul. 24, 2008, 10:29 AM
Okay I've been reading since the begining and I'm going to have to jump in about the BBQ comment. I'm not sure you actually have, what I would say is BBQ in New York..:no:
Have you been to Memphis and eaten at the Rendezvous? Eat there and then I'm not sure you would say that what you have in NY is BBQ.

Can I be Plum?

eclipse
Jul. 24, 2008, 10:45 AM
Can I have yellow-green as that's the colour my bruises like to go!! :lol: :lol:

talkofthetown
Jul. 24, 2008, 10:45 AM
OK, enough already! Florida might be considered more "beachy" than Southern, but we ARE as far south as you can go. And we have some goooood pork. And chicken. And beef, too.
Plus we get fresh seafood, so there! :lol:

Angel Undercover
Jul. 24, 2008, 11:24 AM
Can I be olive green?? :D

HuntJumpSC
Jul. 24, 2008, 11:28 AM
Yayyy!!! Put me down for orange-yellow :)!!

*Teddy*
Jul. 24, 2008, 11:40 AM
can I have lavender??? the canadians wanna join the crayola truck tooo!

tbtula
Jul. 24, 2008, 11:48 AM
OK, so wasted quite awhile of work time....I want Forest Green...please...

This is great! BA, hope everything is OK.

Just a note..I haven't laughed like this since the caravan on the White Trash Dressage Thread...maybe some of those riders want to bring their trashy trailers with some trashy riders to help out the box of crayons? The more the merrier right? I mean...64 crayons might not be enough, she might try to write a LONG letter to use up all of us!

Chester's Mom
Jul. 24, 2008, 11:52 AM
Ya'll haven't had bar-b-q until you've tasted Eastern NC bar-b-q :winkgrin:

No, no, no, no, NO! WESTERN NC bbq is the best. With bbq (red) slaw, nummy!! And of course everyone knows the best BBQs are done on the farm with a smoker and include a nummy side of venison...preferably slathered in bacon!!

What is better after a long ride? With huge ole ice tea on the side.

jeta
Jul. 24, 2008, 12:11 PM
"I suggest that Farmer Dave be nominated for the color White that appears to still be available over on the CCTL thread for being a White Knight in Shining Armor....."

Since there are plenty of us following both threads here, is it cricket for me to cross post from the other thread about the saintly Farmer Dave?

sketcher
Jul. 24, 2008, 12:19 PM
I'll take tan. Maybe I can color myself since we have not really had any sun to speak of this summer.

Chardavej
Jul. 24, 2008, 12:37 PM
I'm going to post the Crayola letter. I have to. I need to suck as much slap stick humor as I can out of this.

Give me a couple of days to get a scanner.

One thing I'd like to know; where are TL's "many important friends". :confused:

Okay it's been more than a few days, I want to see the letter!

Also I think everyone is assuming she rammed the gate, did she for sure?? I don't see a specific post saying that just saying "gate- check" and then it went from there. I might have missed it though, I have to admit I started scanning over the "crayon" posts after a while. : )

trubandloki
Jul. 24, 2008, 12:44 PM
Okay it's been more than a few days, I want to see the letter!

Also I think everyone is assuming she rammed the gate, did she for sure?? I don't see a specific post saying that just saying "gate- check" and then it went from there. I might have missed it though, I have to admit I started scanning over the "crayon" posts after a while. : )

Did you miss the part where the OP is no longer allowed to discuss the original topic for legal reasons?
No letter for us.

Tnagewitch
Jul. 24, 2008, 12:47 PM
Is anyone else's head spinning fromtrying to keep their refences straight between the CCTL thread and the Child in Pasture thread?
If it just me......ignore my mushy brain :)

talkofthetown
Jul. 24, 2008, 01:07 PM
Is anyone else's head spinning fromtrying to keep their refences straight between the CCTL thread and the Child in Pasture thread?
If it just me......ignore my mushy brain :)

omg YES! :lol: I've been following CCTL from almost the beginning, but I just read (starting before bed last night) the whole child thread. Honestly, my eyesight is going a little wonky from reading so much!
I started reading the How to ride a horse thread, apparently that's a whole other trainwreck, but I stopped myself. I really need to get off the computer; don't need something else to follow...

jeano
Jul. 24, 2008, 02:05 PM
I dibs brown. BBQ cracklin' brown for me, please. I have eaten fair to middlin' BBQ in New Hampshire, astonishingly enough. And even in Pasco Washington. And a determined individual can obtain Arkansas style fried catfish and okra in Hermiston OR.

Tnagewitch
Jul. 24, 2008, 02:07 PM
Oh no (can't believe I am actually asking this.....) what is the How to Ride a Horse thread?
**surely I will wish I had not asked this**

jeano
Jul. 24, 2008, 02:17 PM
Thank God you asked, Tnagewitch, because I was about to do a search on it, and the goofy numbers you have to copy always make my eyes hurt. Link, we want a link!

lcw579
Jul. 24, 2008, 02:17 PM
This one: http://www.chronicleforums.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=158240

Sorry but I spent so much time reading it last night I want to share the pain! :lol:

Iron Horse Farm
Jul. 24, 2008, 02:27 PM
Ok, here I am! Does this make it officially a party? Since I usually bring Margaritas and popcorn?

Just read the ENTIRE thread and thank God that Mr. IHF was at work and won't be missing any...........coloring tonight.

Sign me up for (flea bitten) gray!

lcw579
Jul. 24, 2008, 02:37 PM
Just read the ENTIRE thread and thank God that Mr. IHF was at work and won't be missing any...........coloring tonight.

:lol::lol: Coloring! That may have to be the new code word around our house. "Dear, the kids are going out, why don't we take the opportunity to do a little coloring? ;)"

talkofthetown
Jul. 24, 2008, 02:56 PM
No no, "coloring" is what IHF missed the other night, due to a trainwreck:)

jeano
Jul. 24, 2008, 02:58 PM
I'll show you my crayons if you show me yours.

fabulousfred
Jul. 24, 2008, 03:08 PM
I've had horrible experiences with "trainers". My three experiences have made me dislike and disbelieve anyone who says the are a "trainer". What a waste of literally thousands of dollars.

I say tell the truth from the beginning, hurt feelings or not. Be there for the sessions and demand that they do what you want. If they don't, pull your horse out of the program and get your money back. We need to stop the backyard trainers. Require certification by a respectable instructor. It's just a racket with all these people who know how to ride to walk around advertising themselves as trainers. I get so heated when I read or hear about someone else getting ripped off.

:mad:

talkofthetown
Jul. 24, 2008, 03:22 PM

Are you suggesting that your crayon is bigger?

HuntJumpSC
Jul. 24, 2008, 03:47 PM
Are you suggesting that your crayon is bigger?
Now, now kids!!! It's not the size or the color of the crayon that really matters, but the quality! :winkgrin:

sproonee
Jul. 24, 2008, 03:48 PM
AND......how you use it. =)

talkofthetown
Jul. 24, 2008, 04:21 PM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

DairyQueen2049
Jul. 24, 2008, 04:27 PM
Best
Thread
Ever!!

jeano
Jul. 24, 2008, 04:34 PM
My crayons are Natural crayons and therefore vastly superior to your crummy crayons. And the horsies I draw with them can jump higher picnic tables than your horsies can and all my horsies are gonna have babies by a BN stallyun so there you big meanie, you. I hope the CheeseWitches cast a big awful spell on your crayons and the horsies you drew.

archieflies
Jul. 24, 2008, 04:34 PM
Wow, there've been a heck of a lot of "Best Threads Ever" this week. Have all the ladies spent so much time togetehr that we're all on the same cycle? Or is IHF's sex life just influencing everyone?

archieflies
Jul. 24, 2008, 04:36 PM
Hmm, Jeano, I sure hope that IHF's coloring has nothing to do with having babies with BN stallyuns... It may be illegal to use your crayons in that way. Please, color inside the lines, folks.

Rancher
Jul. 24, 2008, 05:05 PM
I LOVE this thread!

Is blue taken? I think I would like to be blue.

lcw579
Jul. 24, 2008, 05:12 PM
No no, "coloring" is what IHF missed the other night, due to a trainwreck:)

Exactly. And if the kids aren't home there is no reason not to "color" ;)

Iron Horse Farm
Jul. 24, 2008, 05:13 PM

I'll ask Mr IHF if he'll show me his Raw Umber, but I'm worried that he'll ask me to sharpen his Crayola!

sproonee
Jul. 24, 2008, 05:14 PM
I'll ask Mr IHF if he'll show me his Raw Umber, but I'm worried that he'll ask me to sharpen his Crayola!

You're now my official hero.

Iron Horse Farm
Jul. 24, 2008, 05:16 PM
Thanks sproonee!!!!!!!

Rienzi
Jul. 24, 2008, 05:45 PM
When I was a child, we didn't have all these fancy colors. If we wanted red, we had to bleed first! We had mostly black, and there was a green and a blue, and a brown, and a yellow, and a puce. What happened to puce? I want puce!

Cherry
Jul. 24, 2008, 05:46 PM
Good grief!!!! Only on COTH can we go from horse training to crayons to barbequing!!!! :eek: :winkgrin: :lol: I didn't read all the responses as there were too many and time was short but this one cracked me up:

either we are all crazy or great minds think alike. If i were the crayon trainer, I'd be scared to be reading all this!
I'd like to be ochre, BTW.... :yes: :)

As for the "trainer".... I learned a very long time ago that they are not all created equal! Any trainer worth his/her salt would be able to discern what your horse knew within a day or two and train accordingly. Obviously this person didn't have a clue!!!! :no: I don't know if it's old age, or what--but I just can't humor people anymore and have to call a spade a spade.... Perhaps you weren't clear enough in what you were expecting the trainer to "train" your horse to do. But, that person is supposed to know already how to get your horse from Point A to Point B on their own.... :( I not only would not give a recommendation I would have to tell this person why you won't be giving a recommendation. It might make her think the next time she takes a horse in for training--she should be asking what a person expects the horse to learn while she has it in for "training".... Ugh!!!! :uhoh:

cloudyandcallie
Jul. 24, 2008, 06:00 PM
When I was a child, we didn't have all these fancy colors. If we wanted red, we had to bleed first! We had mostly black, and there was a green and a blue, and a brown, and a yellow, and a puce. What happened to puce? I want puce!

Lucky for you that you-know-who got banned from the board or he'd be wanting that color. Everyone make sure Erin has you all down for your colors. She is in charge of the bus/trailer.

PS. I'm calling "shotgun" for more reasons than one!

And the old guy who used to stay up all night drinking whiskey and basting the pig at Daddy's friends' hunting club on the Savannah River is dead, and I don't eat pork anymore, so I won't argue about the BBQ, however, I'll bring the Johnny Harris BBQ sauce as here we have the lemony sauce, not the sweet sauce like in NC. Can someone else do potato salad?

cloudyandcallie
Jul. 24, 2008, 06:08 PM

Y'all are getting too frisky:lol::lol:

The coloring list is on page 13, I think.

Oh and we are going to have filled the boxx of 64, so is it ok if we all start letting others share our colors? I've already said I'd share burnt sienna (deep psychological issies there with that color, altho it is about the color of manure) and we'll start on the 2nd box?
OK with everyone?

lcw579
Jul. 24, 2008, 06:13 PM

The coloring list is on page 13, I think.

<sigh> well, DH just called and he's working really late tonight - so no "coloring" for me tonight!

cloudyandcallie
Jul. 24, 2008, 06:28 PM
<sigh> well, DH just called and he's working really late tonight - so no "coloring" for me tonight!

Please don't tell us you are coloring by yourself.:lol::lol:

Tiempo
Jul. 24, 2008, 06:41 PM
If all the colors are taken, can we make up our own?

I'll be snot green :)

lcw579
Jul. 24, 2008, 06:42 PM
Please don't tell us you are coloring by yourself.:lol::lol:

Nope! I'm gonna eat BBQ and read the stick art thread!

Sanely Eccentric
Jul. 24, 2008, 07:00 PM
Here are the colors that are left for your selection pleasure...horse-loverz, pink (aka carnation pink) is already taken.

If you just aren't sure what color you want, here is the Wikipedia entry for the colors - maybe it'll help: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Crayola_crayon_colors And the entire list of COTH Crayons is here: http://www.chronicleforums.com/Forum/showthread.php?p=3350918#post3350918

BA - I'm glad we are at least providing you with some entertainment - hopefully CCTL is leaving you and yours alone. Let us know if she ever makes it onto Jerry Springer (without you, of course...).
You are doing a great job keeping track of the colors! I'm still amazed with how fast they're getting chosen.

Chester's Mom
Jul. 24, 2008, 07:00 PM
C&C, in NC we have two very different varieties of BBQ - the Western NC BBQ is red and sweet - the Eastern NC BBQ is vinegar-based and tangy :) Western BBQ is sometimes referred to as "Lexington BBQ" and the Eastern BBQ is sometimes called "Down East BBQ". :)

I do not know why I care so much about making this distinction for ya'll!:lol:

So that the world will finally recognize that Lexington BBQ is the best? :winkgrin:

horse-loverz
Jul. 24, 2008, 07:05 PM
Ok I'll take red violet then..:yes:

cloudyandcallie
Jul. 24, 2008, 07:06 PM
So that the world will finally recognize that Lexington BBQ is the best? :winkgrin:

Oh no, now we're going to fight it out over BBQ! Well, I'm bringing the lemony/vinegar sauce, Johnny Harris sauce, and I'll BBQ shrimp.
And bring my own coloring book for the trip to whereever BA's BBQ pit is being built by the graded ring , and maybe we can all fly over, in costume of course, and scare the bejesus out of the spawn of satan and save the cheesewitch from that child while we "color" our way around the globe.

talkofthetown
Jul. 24, 2008, 07:09 PM
Ok I'll take red violet then..:yes:

You posted before I could finish typing...you're welcome to share carnation pink! :D

cloudyandcallie
Jul. 24, 2008, 07:14 PM
You posted before I could finish typing...you're welcome to share carnation pink! :D

Great of you to share. We don't want a lurking troll to think that we are
having a cat fight when he thinks we are girl dogs.
I still want to dress up the horses too, with those cone heads in stead of head bumpers, and maybe matching boots?

horse-loverz
Jul. 24, 2008, 07:21 PM
________________.______
______________./______/
______________/______/__________________/|
___/|______/\__/\_../\__/\__/\__/\__/\____.__|
__(_:cool:|___|:D||:)||:)||:cool:||:winkgrin:||:)| |:)|_____|
___\______|_.||--||--||--|.|--||--||--|_____|
___.\___________________________________|
_____________\_______\_________________\|
______________\_______\
_______________\______\
________________\_____\
_________________\____\
__________________\___\

If we are going to see the wicked witch of the cheese.. we need to upgrade transportation... I give you the Crayon jumbo jet!!!

Sanely Eccentric
Jul. 24, 2008, 07:26 PM
:lol::lol: Coloring! That may have to be the new code word around our house. "Dear, the kids are going out, why don't we take the opportunity to do a little coloring? ;)"
:lol::lol::lol:

ThreeFigs
Jul. 24, 2008, 07:40 PM
Dammit, now I would kill for a side of ribs...

Hey, how do you keep the shrimp from falling through the grill when you BBQ them?

talkofthetown
Jul. 24, 2008, 07:41 PM
either wrap em in foil, or skewer them! mmmm, yummy:lol:

Sanely Eccentric
Jul. 24, 2008, 07:44 PM
I've just boarded a plane, yet sadly there are no crayons here and soon I will have to turn off my cell phone and go through thread withdrawal once again today. :no:

ThreeFigs
Jul. 24, 2008, 07:57 PM
Good Lord -- you mean the "How to ride a horse" thread is still going on?

Between this, the feral child thread and now "HTRAH" I will get NOTHING accomplished.

archieflies
Jul. 24, 2008, 08:35 PM
Well it looks like just plain "Gray" is still available, so I'll take that for my gray mare. If gray has been taken, I'll take the "orange red" for the color that she NORMALLY is. :)

Maybe our favorite Witch should take "Mac 'n Cheese," which I believe is in the box of 96.

Wow. What are kids learning these days with colors named things like "Best Friends," "Bear Hug" and "Giving Tree"??????

cloudyandcallie
Jul. 24, 2008, 08:43 PM
oh no, poor Erin!
What other colors are in the box of 96?:D

fleabites
Jul. 24, 2008, 08:48 PM
Can I be white to represent my gray (white now) horse?

This is awesome :lol::lol:

Appassionato
Jul. 24, 2008, 09:24 PM
Hey guys...look at what I found!!!

http://toys.about.com/od/crayola/a/crayolacolors.htm

And Erin, you are doing a great job of keeping the color assignments straight! :D

cloudyandcallie
Jul. 24, 2008, 09:32 PM
Hey guys...look at what I found!!!

http://toys.about.com/od/crayola/a/crayolacolors.htm

And Erin, you are doing a great job of keeping the color assignments straight! :D

And how can they "retire" colors? Doesn't that warp those who loved those colors as kids and cannot find them now? And that crayola hall of fame, is it in Blind Alter's hometown? Wait, didn't someone here live behind the crayola factory?
Thanks for finding this.
Well with all the people choosing colora and a bigger and better crayon box, Erin will not be doing any "coloring" anytime soon.
But neither will the troll's fabulash stallyun.

talkofthetown
Jul. 24, 2008, 09:42 PM
Guess I need a spot in the box since I actually used to ride literally right behind the crayola factory. :lol: I'll take whatever color is left. :) One of my favorite T - shirts had "Crayola" on it with scribles all over the shirt. It said "staying within the lines is YOUR option." :D

I want one of those shirts!

Appassionato
Jul. 24, 2008, 09:45 PM
And how can they "retire" colors? Doesn't that warp those who loved those colors as kids and cannot find them now?

OMG, could that be part of feral kid's problem? Newly named colors caused brain shocks? And WTF does "Tickle" look like?

Well with all the people choosing colora and a bigger and better crayon box, Erin will not be doing any "coloring" anytime soon.
But neither will the troll's fabulash stallyon.

:lol:

Iron Horse Farm
Jul. 24, 2008, 09:55 PM

Party pooper!

Anyway, Mr IHF nixed the sharpener idea. He reminded me that the sharpener is on the BACK of the box.

Iron Horse Farm
Jul. 24, 2008, 09:56 PM
I'll be snot green :)

Aren't you already??? LOL. Just kidding!

Donnalynn
Jul. 24, 2008, 09:57 PM
Blind Alter, so Goooood to know you are still around.

After my where oh where song wasn't picked up by anybody - and you KNOW we absolutely have to sing on the bus - my next offering is... drumroll, please:

For all you campers out there

The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round
The wheels on the bus go round and round all through the town.

Everybody!

The scarey crayon trainer makes gates fall down, gates fall down, gates fall down.
The scarey crayon trainer makes gates fall down all through the town.

Next verse!

Iron Horse Farm
Jul. 24, 2008, 09:57 PM
Well it looks like just plain "Gray" is still available, so I'll take that for my gray mare. If gray has been taken, I'll take the "orange red" for the color that she NORMALLY is. :)

I thought that I took Gray a couple of pages ago, but I will shaaaaaare.

Erin Pittman
Jul. 24, 2008, 10:02 PM
Phew! I *think* I'm all caught up...if I missed someone, please let me know... I think we'll have to double-up or add more colors 'cause we are almost OUT! And, next week I'm getting hitched and then leaving for a lovely trip to kookiecat's general neighborhood, so I will have to pass on the keeping of the colors after another week. :D After all, I still need to be able to color...or will that not be allowed?

talkofthetown
Jul. 24, 2008, 10:08 PM
Anyway, Mr IHF nixed the sharpener idea. He reminded me that the sharpener is on the BACK of the box.

:eek: Brain bleach!! :lol:

Can I be white to represent my gray (white now) horse?

This is awesome :lol::lol:

I think that White was volunteered to Saint Knight Farmer Dave from the Child thread, since he's a saint knight and all:yes: but you could probably share!

After my where oh where song wasn't picked up by anybody - and you KNOW we absolutely have to sing on the bus - my next offering is... drumroll, please:

Everybody!

The scarey crayon trainer makes gates fall down, gates fall down, gates fall down.

Next verse!

BA's husband is so fat and her kids are dumb, kids are dumb, kids are dumb
BA's husband is so fat and her kids are dumb, all through the town!

*In honor...um..referance...of the late Poster Who Had No Sense Of Humor*

JUST KIDDING! :D

naters
Jul. 24, 2008, 11:58 PM
Here are the colors that are left for your selection pleasure...horse-loverz, pink (aka carnation pink) is already taken.

Am I too late for "red orange" My horse is that color :D

equinelaw
Jul. 25, 2008, 12:32 AM
If I pick a retired color, does that come with a pension and medicare:confused: If so, sign me up:D

EponaRoan
Jul. 25, 2008, 12:34 AM

You could try making him a sammich first and see if that suffices. If not, I'm afraid you may have to sharpen his crayola. :winkgrin:

Mmmmmm ... ribs ....

equusrocks
Jul. 25, 2008, 12:49 AM
was alysheba banned?? :lol: make him a sammich...

Sanely Eccentric
Jul. 25, 2008, 12:53 AM
If I pick a retired color, does that come with a pension and medicare:confused: If so, sign me up:D
:lol::lol::lol:

eyesontheground
Jul. 25, 2008, 01:01 AM
:lol: I went to the BBQ place tonight for dinner...I do miss good ole' SC (Orangeburg style) BBQ...Sonnys (I know, I know...sad) has NOTHING on SC. Hope things are going well for BA and the CCTL hasn't pulled anymore stunts.

equusrocks
Jul. 25, 2008, 01:02 AM
...down the seven bridges road...

eyesontheground I loff that song.

Sanely Eccentric
Jul. 25, 2008, 01:05 AM
Well, I survived my plane flights today even with thread withdrawals and now I've caught up with the child in pasture (still cracks me up to think about K squirting the kid with the hose just as kid was going to key truck) and crayon trainer. I've been trying not to laugh too loud and wake up family (EST where I'm at now and I'm used to PST) but this thread is hysterically funny!

Murphy's Mom
Jul. 25, 2008, 01:09 AM
I stopped by Shopko on the way home tonight.....just so I could pick up a box of 64 Crayola crayons! :lol:

Sanely Eccentric
Jul. 25, 2008, 01:13 AM
I stopped by Shopko on the way home tonight.....just so I could pick up a box of 64 Crayola crayons! :lol:

Did you get a coloring book, too?

eyesontheground
Jul. 25, 2008, 01:15 AM
...down the seven bridges road...

eyesontheground I loff that song.

OMG...points to you!! Meeee tooooo...it is one of those songs I could put on repeat for hours and never get tired of. I loff the eagles in general but this is def my fav.

I even had to go youtube it so I could hear it RIGHT. NOW. It does not live on my computer currently.

equusrocks
Jul. 25, 2008, 01:22 AM
You need to be some sort of mossy color...thats all I think of when I think of that song...the moss in the trees...

Please no mossy Oak though...:lol:

Anyhoo...yesterday I went to the toy and hobby shop, and you would NOT BELIEVE the amount of crayola stuff that place has! Oh the coloring books! I should have looked for a horsey one to send BA but I didn't.

I do hope BA's situation fares well. I'm still really hoping for the Crayola letter...

And I thought you could get self-sharpening crayons nowadays??

tweeter
Jul. 25, 2008, 06:49 AM
I gotta fess up, I already have a coloring book :o My co-workers gave me one as a Christmas pressie. Only got the small box of crayons tho, guess they didn't want to overload my brain. I'd color on my break :D Not much to do at 3 a.m.:winkgrin:

DairyQueen2049
Jul. 25, 2008, 07:46 AM
________________.______
______________./______/
______________\_______\
_______________\______\
________________\_____\
_________________\____\
__________________\___\

If we are going to see the wicked witch of the cheese.. we need to upgrade transportation... I give you the Crayon jumbo jet!!!

Priceless!!!!

Saidapal
Jul. 25, 2008, 08:24 AM

Everybody!

Next verse!

Kade kept saying take me home, take me home, take me home
Kade kept saying take me home, this la-dee is nuts!

HuntJumpSC
Jul. 25, 2008, 08:26 AM
________________.______
______________./______/
______________\_______\
_______________\______\
________________\_____\
_________________\____\
__________________\___\

I have my pilots license....can I pleeeease be the pilot???? :winkgrin:

Erin Pittman
Jul. 25, 2008, 08:35 AM
I have my pilots license....can I pleeeease be the pilot???? :winkgrin:

YES!!! I think we're going to need a big airplane, though.

sproonee
Jul. 25, 2008, 10:26 AM

muah ha ha ha ha greatness.....:D

cloudyandcallie
Jul. 25, 2008, 10:56 AM
Phew! I *think* I'm all caught up...if I missed someone, please let me know... I think we'll have to double-up or add more colors 'cause we are almost OUT! And, next week I'm getting hitched and then leaving for a lovely trip to kookiecat's general neighborhood, so I will have to pass on the keeping of the colors after another week. :D After all, I still need to be able to color...or will that not be allowed?

You're getting hitched? Wow Congradulations. And coloring in the English Countryside? Take a break and run by KookiCat the Cheese Witch's place and make sure all is well. I'm sure your husband will understand.:yes: Check out the krazy kid and let us know what is going on. Oh, and take your computer so that you can update the color choices when you are not coloring with your husband.

sproonee
Jul. 25, 2008, 10:57 AM
what is it they say....

why buy the box of crayons when you can color for free? =)

talkofthetown
Jul. 25, 2008, 10:59 AM
what is it they say....

why buy the box of crayons when you can color for free? =)

:lol::lol::lol: nice.

Congrats Erin! Pictures afterwards, please!

ETA: Of the wedding, NOT the coloring!!

Bliss92
Jul. 25, 2008, 11:00 AM
Crayloa needs to get their colors straight. I have a box right in front of me, with lots of colors not on the list. I have multiple Wild Strawberries, and I can't find them on the list. (having 3 toddlers means I have LOTS of crayola crayons... LOL)

I think they're hiding colors from us. They're afraid of what the posse could do if we took ALL the colors ;)

I used to have a box of retired colors. Of course I ended up using them, because they made the best horse colors. LOL

sproonee
Jul. 25, 2008, 11:00 AM
:lol::lol::lol: nice.

Congrats Erin! Pictures afterwards, please!

but not of the coloring, por favor. =)

talkofthetown
Jul. 25, 2008, 11:01 AM
but not of the coloring, por favor. =)

Yep, I realized immediately what I had said...:lol:

asanders
Jul. 25, 2008, 11:01 AM
Erin, Congrats!!!

Let's all chip in and send her a box of crayolas for a wedding present.

OK, I'm getting a new image of a bachelorette party with lots of coloring-related gifts...

sproonee
Jul. 25, 2008, 11:02 AM
oh oh oh! I have a bachelorette "veil" with light up.....um....crayolas I could chip in. =) Battery operated no less. *evil grin*

talkofthetown
Jul. 25, 2008, 11:04 AM
Sproonee, they don't..um.."buzz", do they? :cool:

sproonee
Jul. 25, 2008, 11:06 AM
*grin* no, I'm not that warped. =)

would those be considered "bumble bee colored crayolas?"

talkofthetown
Jul. 25, 2008, 11:14 AM
*grin* no, I'm not that warped. =)

would those be considered "bumble bee colored crayolas?"

Bumble Crayolas: A surprise with every color!

Murphy's Mom
Jul. 25, 2008, 11:39 AM
I'm MIA. I opened up my brand new box of 64 Crayola crayons last night and there is no pine green! What do I do? How do I find myself? The posse had better make a detour to WA State for some search and rescue. Do I have to buy a bigger box?

talkofthetown
Jul. 25, 2008, 11:41 AM
Don't worry, we'll find you!

I like the siggy!

ThreeFigs
Jul. 25, 2008, 11:46 AM
Oh, those PC idiots in Crayola Marketing have probably renamed Pine Green "Happy Thoughts" or some such crap. Geesh, I worry about future generations of artists.

Color theory turned on its head!