PDA

View Full Version : You know you're a trail princess...

pines4equines
May. 26, 2008, 03:26 PM
Hay! I'm following this rather fun thread that was in the hunter jumper forum.

I'll start because I am a trail princess...

You know you're a trail princess...
1. When you bring lipstick on the trail with you (not chapstick, real Merle Norman lipstick cuz God knows who you'll meet out there!)

2. The saddle pad comes off clean even after a 2 hour ride

3. You bring your latte with you for your trail ride (and stuff the used container in your back pocket because you won't litter!)

4. You horse WILL NOT walk through even one single branch of those nasty rose bushes. You have to get off, hold the branch aside, walk your horse through and then get back on....

Next...

Gestalt
May. 26, 2008, 10:50 PM
I'm not a princess but one of my geldings is: he's a trail princess because he can't possible move forward if the saddle slips, he truly knows when I put the other geldings "icky" halter on him and he will pose ALL DAY LONG when hikers ooh and ahh over how pretty he looks (and he is a pretty-boy) :lol:

Auventera Two
May. 26, 2008, 11:01 PM
I guess I'm not a trail princess. :lol: At the vet hold Saturday my horse drooled sloppy wet beet pulp down my white shirt. I was drinking red Gatorade and dripped it all down my chin. I said what the hell and wiped it on my sleeve. Can't be any worse than what the horse just did. :winkgrin: I was hot so at the river crossing I sponged the horse then sponged myself. I brought an apple and I took a bite, she took a bite, I took a bite. Yeeeesh. That creeped me out a little. But hey, that little velvet bay nose is sooooo cute, how could you possibly think it contained germs?! LOL

Shadow14
May. 27, 2008, 08:34 AM
I was hot so at the river crossing I sponged the horse then sponged myself.

I would have liked to see that:lol::lol:

I never hestate to share an apple with my horse. His mouth is cleaner then mine. I will even drink out of the horse trough when it is freshly filled with cold water.

I would have been a great week for your ride Vickey.

Auventera Two
May. 27, 2008, 09:51 AM
Well hey, you do what you gotta do I guess. Better than having a heat stroke. :lol: And I can have a heat stroke when it's 60 degrees. :rolleyes:

My horse loves to give kisses. The more she can get up in your face with that nose, the better she likes it. I always have some form of slobber and drool on my head/neck/shirt/hair. She got her nose jammed in a gate when she was a baby so she has a crooked bottom lip. How on earth could you pass up kissing that? :lol:

SuzyDerkins
May. 27, 2008, 11:02 AM
Even when I'm just going to the barn, I have on make-up, fixed hair and my (short) nails will be done. My French mother wouldn't expect any less of me, LOL!:lol:

My horse's tack matches and I try to keep him neatly groomed as well. I guess I am a trail princess. Oh well, at least if some handsome fellow shows up at the barn, I won't feel like hiding in my tack trunk. At least until I open my mouth and say something dumb.....

ayrabz
May. 27, 2008, 11:13 AM
sigh. While I loved this thread...I thought and thought, and there was NOTHING I could add, as I'm NOT a trail princess! Worn out tack, baseball cap, nothing fancy. then, I remembered (!) IF there is a water bottle for me, its sparkling water!!! Perrier anyone?:lol:

pines4equines
May. 27, 2008, 11:38 AM
I'm the OP and here's another one...although you can count this one as just plain dumb.

You know you're a trail princess...

when you use $75.00 fleece lined leather ankle boots on a rainy day trail ride...and say "Eeyeewww!" when you take them off.

(I konw who in their right mind...!)

jazzrider
May. 27, 2008, 01:20 PM
The closest I come to being a trail princess is every now and then I'll consciously match my shirt with my saddle pad. :D

Nezzy
May. 27, 2008, 05:53 PM
Does it count if i put Glitter in my horses tail for the trail ride? hmm.. that does not make me a princess, but maybe my gelding is a metrosexual now?

Romantic Rider
May. 27, 2008, 09:27 PM
;)
I guess I'm not a trail princess. :lol: At the vet hold Saturday my horse drooled sloppy wet beet pulp down my white shirt. I was drinking red Gatorade and dripped it all down my chin. I said what the hell and wiped it on my sleeve. Can't be any worse than what the horse just did. :winkgrin: I was hot so at the river crossing I sponged the horse then sponged myself. I brought an apple and I took a bite, she took a bite, I took a bite. Yeeeesh. That creeped me out a little. But hey, that little velvet bay nose is sooooo cute, how could you possibly think it contained germs?! LOL

I know what you mean!! :winkgrin: I can never resist kissing my little mare's muzzle. It is too cute. And of course I share apples and carrots with her. It's only fair. :D I get elecrolytes spit all over me at rides too. I think it's funny to see all the grubby looking people and horses at rides. You see them as they are, one thing I like about this sport. Actually, in our region I know only one frequent rider who wears a full face of makeup, or any at all for that matter. But to each her own. Actually sometimes I know I look so grubby I want to run and put something on just to show people I can clean up alright. I don't guess I'm a trail princess though. But my horse goes around or over water if at all possible. Does that make her one?;)

matryoshka
May. 27, 2008, 11:01 PM
Not a princess. Sorry. I do like bright tack (preferably turquoise), but this doesn't make me a princess--I think it makes me a gypsy. And after a lot of teasing from a fellow rider about being mismatched, I finally got some clothes that match. Well, now she teased me about being all matchy-matchy. Maybe I need to find another friend to ride with! ;)

pandorasboxx
May. 28, 2008, 12:21 AM
Hmm.....I like to wear makeup, sunscreen and a push up bra while riding and I do outfit the mare in matching red and black tack but I'm pretty sure I'm no princess. I swear like a sailor and have never met a mud hole I didn't like. ;)

I didn't think princesses liked to leave the ring unless it's to take a jaunt round the farm perimeters and declare it an epic journey. :lol: