PDA

View Full Version : Hoof boots -- Can I mix and match?

BarbeyGirl
May. 6, 2008, 01:23 PM
I have a pair of new, old-style (half price! :D) Easyboot Bares for my boy's fronts, and now I need to order boots for his hinds. Should I figure on getting more Bares, or can I consider Epics? What about Renegades?

TIA :)

saratoga
May. 6, 2008, 07:43 PM
Thats fine, I use Epics on my horse's fronts and Renegades on the back because thats what I have that fits.

matryoshka
May. 6, 2008, 10:40 PM
I use OM's on my horse's front feet and Epics on the hinds. So far, no problems.

BarbeyGirl
May. 7, 2008, 09:13 AM
Great, thanks! :cool:

gypsymare
May. 7, 2008, 12:17 PM
Where did you find them half price? Do they have more for sale?

BarbeyGirl
May. 7, 2008, 12:21 PM
Yes, there are more at half price -- Bares in smaller sizes, and Epics in larger sizes! :cool::cool::cool: Go to Easycare Inc. (http://www.easycareinc.com/) I just ordered 2 more Bares. You can't beat $35 per boot...even though I really want to try the Renegades...must win lottery...

Lauren!
May. 7, 2008, 04:45 PM
You can certainly use different styles on fronts and hinds. Many people DO like Bares for hind feet though, because the fronts are smooth and there's not much to "catch" on a front boot if the horse is a big mover or over reaches. Whether or not this is going to be an issue depends on the horse... just be aware of it if you decide to go with Epics or something else. Also, the tread pattern is different and some models may grip a bit more... not necessarily a problem, just be aware of it :)

gypsymare
May. 7, 2008, 05:29 PM
Yes, there are more at half price -- Bares in smaller sizes, and Epics in larger sizes!
Oh no... I get all my hopes up and of course the only size they don't have in the bargain bin is her size. Doh! :no:

BarbeyGirl
May. 7, 2008, 05:39 PM
Darn it, gypsy! Sorry they didn't have your size. :no: Take heart, though...the half price boots in Aaruba's size weren't available for quite a while, then they reappeared in the bargin bin...so be sure to check the website every week or so (unless you need to order soon, of course).

Bells
May. 8, 2008, 11:04 AM
They have another special going on - exchange your old boots and get new ones for 1/2 price:

http://www.easycareinc.com/Cool_Stuff/Upgrades.aspx

Auventera Two
May. 8, 2008, 11:09 AM
My QH wears Epics on fronts and Bares on back. I've never had any problems.

Auventera Two
May. 8, 2008, 11:10 AM
Gypsymare - I am sending you a PM. :)

Christa P
May. 11, 2008, 08:12 AM
Yes, there are more at half price -- Bares in smaller sizes, and Epics in larger sizes! :cool::cool::cool: Go to Easycare Inc. (http://www.easycareinc.com/) I just ordered 2 more Bares. You can't beat $35 per boot...even though I really want to try the Renegades...must win lottery...

What is the link to the Bargain Bin. When I try to get there from the homepage the link doesn't work :cry:. I have ordered 4 easy boot bares for my ponies fronts, but if I can get a deal I would like to have them for the hinds as well.

BTW, these are for a driving pair - they take 00 in the front and probably the same behind - I need to measure.

Christa P