PDA

View Full Version : NE MD and SE PA riders

chicamuxen1
Apr. 1, 2008, 09:42 AM
I know we have several people who use this forum that live up near Fair Hill MD or in that general region. Would you mind identifying yourselves so I can send you an email?
Bonnie S.

parider416
Apr. 1, 2008, 09:50 AM
<waves> I live about 20 minutes from Fair Hill.. but if this is solicitation for money.. don't bother.. terribly horse poor.. LOL

chicamuxen1
Apr. 1, 2008, 10:02 AM
Yeah right, I'm going to ask for money, NOT!!! I think we're all horse poor don't you?

Just looking for a mentor for a rider in that region, or at least a possible trail riding buddy. I live too far away. Just felt no need to get into details in the open forum.

Bonnie S.

parider416
Apr. 1, 2008, 10:04 AM
aaaaaaaah. fabulous! I hope you find someone.. I hope no offense was taken.. just being myself.. I find myself very funny <eyeroll>

Anyway.. I just retired my big guy, so I'm w/o four-legged partner at this moment...

JetsBuddy
Apr. 1, 2008, 10:36 AM
I'm in Montgomery County, PA. Not so close to Fair Hill but 2 miles from Green Lane Park, if you ever decide to head this way for a ride.

matryoshka
Apr. 1, 2008, 02:30 PM
I go to Fair Hill often, and I know several others in the area who do so as well. Feel free to contact me. We have an "Old Hags on Nags" group that rides there every Wednesday. Equihab also has monthly guided rides that cater to green horses or green riders. Hard hats are required for Equihab rides, and our small group that meets on Wednesdays strongly encourages hard hat usage. I hope this isn't a sticking point for your friend.

tabula rashah
Apr. 1, 2008, 02:39 PM
I'm in Rising Sun, MD and ride Fair Hill often

CoopsZippo
Apr. 1, 2008, 03:09 PM
Harrisburg PA here.. I am trailerless so I just ride the power lines up to the trails.

BaileyTW
Apr. 1, 2008, 03:21 PM
Lancaster PA here! I'm always looking for a riding buddy! I don't have a trailer, but I ride at the Lancaster County Park all the time and am always happy to meet someone there!

KlawPaws
Apr. 1, 2008, 05:44 PM
I'm from Jarretsville, Maryland. I usually trailer out every weekend to 'local' parks (Sweet Air, Susquehanna (sp?), Fair Hill, Hereford, Gunpowder, Patapsco). The majority of times I go out with one or two friends. Our speed varies on every ride. Some walk...alot of trot and some cantering. We love jumping over smaller 'jumps' when we come across them. We are basically kids in grown-up bodies :) We would definately welcome an addition if the person rides like us!

BaileyTW....What is the Lancaster County Park like? How are the trails? How many miles of trails? I wouldn't mind riding somewhere "new"! Of course when I think of Lancaster I think of Amish and then I start thinking my TB may freak-out with the horse and buggies (that would be new to her and dog sleds freak her out so I can just imagine!). I may be interested in meeting you for a ride because it's not 'that' far :) However gas prices may dictate that decision!

KlawPaws

BaileyTW
Apr. 1, 2008, 07:36 PM
KlawPaws,
Lancaster County Park is nice, I do about 2 hour rides or so there depending on how wound up my horse is, lol. Its about 5-10 miles of trails, I think? you can wind around so many different ways, its pretty nice. The trails aren't very challenging, but its all I've got to work with. A little farther south the Valley Lea Riding club has GORGEOUS trails, but I dont board down there anymore, sadly. Nothing at all compared to Fair Hill, of course. I got to go to the Fair Winds Farm paperchase on good friday and it was so much fun! what great trails. I loved that it was marked too, I never know where to go there. I was lucky enough to hitch a ride down with a fellow boarder.
I have only seen one horse and carriage when I was at the Lancaster County Park, and it was parked, lol. If you are worried about buggies at all, sunday is not a good day to come to lancaster county, haha. There are a lot of dogs that aren't leashed though, and most of them aren't familiar with horses, so hopefully your horse doesn't kick at dogs if you come up to the park.
If you ever want to come up, let me know! I'd be happy to meet you there!

gypsymare
Apr. 2, 2008, 02:54 AM
Berks County here, 5 miles from Ontelaunee Resevoir. I could use a mentor myself! I just moved back into the area last week from Nevada, so if anyone would like company on a ride, send me a message. Barb if you see this pm me please, I lost your contact information!

-Lauren & Roxy

BaileyTW
Apr. 8, 2008, 01:24 AM
I don't have a trailer, but if anyone is in the Lancaster area, I know the trails!! Drumore has awesome trails if I could get a ride in someones trailer...

I would love to meet anyone at the Lancaster County Central Park for a ride too, as I can ride there pretty easily from my barn.

KlawPaws
Apr. 9, 2008, 02:45 PM
Bailey...

I would love to meet you sometime! The problem is "when" would be a good time. I have to work on Saturday for a little bit so Sunday *may* be an option. I am just trying to determine how long it would take me to get to Lancaster (In general I know but I don't know the exact directions. Maybe you can PM me?

KlawPaws