PDA

View Full Version : If your horse had a theme song....

wlrottge
Mar. 11, 2008, 11:40 PM
...what would it be?

My DW and I were talking and she's always said that her TB's song is AC/DC - For those about to rock. She demands to have it played while tacking up before XC, lol.

I got to thinking about it and I've not been able to come up with one for my OTTB, but when I watch her ride my new horse (17hh Hano), I hear, Blue Oyster Cult - Godzilla.

I'm not sure about her Trak/TB yet, but I think Abba - Dancing queen, might be appropriate for him, lol.

Along those same lines, how cool would it be if the 30 seconds before you entered the start box they played your "theme song"? Lol I know it would never happen, but if it did then everyone would hear what's going on in my head as I entered the box. ;)

AnsleyGrace
Mar. 11, 2008, 11:44 PM
My first horse was an ex-barrel racing QH mare with horn-like curved ears and a personality to match. At one show I came out of a particularly "expressive" dressage test and realized I had ridden the whole test with "Highway To Hell" stuck in my head.

As for my current horse, I'm not sure about a theme but I swear she goes XC with "Flight of the Bumblebee" running through her tiny head.

ravenclaw
Mar. 11, 2008, 11:59 PM
My TB's theme song would be "Basket Case" (by Green Day). Definitely. :lol: He's a good boy and I love him to pieces, but he can be quite neurotic.

Foxtrot's
Mar. 12, 2008, 12:01 AM
My TB was l7.1 hh, a dear boy, but his song was "Bad boy, bad boy,When they gonna come for you"

C.u.at.x.
Mar. 12, 2008, 12:07 AM
Probably that song "Party Like a Rockstar" for Calypso.. He sure trys to act the part.

Eventingjunkie
Mar. 12, 2008, 12:39 AM
A dressage judge told my then twelve year old daughter her horse's free walk was sexy. She thought that comment deserved an "Ew Yuk!" However, since then his theme song is "I'm bringing sexy back".

c_expresso
Mar. 12, 2008, 12:52 AM
Get off my cloud - rolling stones

or

Fool in the [dressage] rain [ring] - Led zeppelin :cool:

RAyers
Mar. 12, 2008, 12:54 AM
Either Yothu Yindi's, "Lonely Tree" off the album Garma or the Crystal Method's "Purple Haze" off of Tweakend ("Listen all you mother f#$%ers!"). Dressage would be "Seven Deadly Sins" by Flogging Molly.

Of course our overall eventing theme songs (both of us) are off of AC/DC's Powerage: "Rock n Roll Damnation" ("Take a chance while you still have a choice.") and "Down payment Blues" ("Living on a shoe string. I got my self a Caddilac but I can't afford the gasoline.")

Reed

wlrottge
Mar. 12, 2008, 01:20 AM
Crystal Method's "Purple Haze" off of Tweakend ("Listen all you mother f#$%ers!")

I think you mean, Crystal Method - Name of the Game (LOVE that song and I'm a big fan of CM)

The DW just informed me that Vidar (her Trak/TB) is NOT Abba - Dancing queen, and was quite offended at what that implied about him ;)

The OTTB has been narrowed down to (her) the Sopranos theme or (me) Rage Against the Machine - Renegades of funk, "No matter how hard you try, you can't stop us now"

tuppysmom
Mar. 12, 2008, 03:02 AM
The little/big horse who is affectionately known as "Monster" by his farrier and vet and all the interns and apprentices would be:

Bad To The Bone

I think the vets at the clinic get quite a kick out of watching each year's new crop of interns attempt to draw blood on Monster. He's so little and sweet looking until....

myrna
Mar. 12, 2008, 03:29 AM
"I'll do it my way""

courtesy of the chestnut ,trakehner mare

DancingQueen
Mar. 12, 2008, 03:37 AM
I've ridden some that would go well to "crazy bitch" and some that hummed "every rose has it's thorn" but right now I'm lucky enough to ride to the tunes of "I was made for loving you baby" by Kiss.

Granada
Mar. 12, 2008, 04:03 AM
Felix, my DH horse's song is "Ripple" The grateful Dead. He sings it to him all...the...time... and it fits him, he's definitely a dead head LOL:D

Trevor... "Rebel Rebel" by David Bowie... pretty sure he knows he's a boy, but I bet he would cross dress if he could... his forelock and mane are ALWAYS a mess, and he does everything his own way on his own time. And it always pops into my head when I'm riding him:cool:

This was fun:)

Granada
Mar. 12, 2008, 04:06 AM
Get off my cloud - rolling stones

or

Fool in the [dressage] rain [ring] - Led zeppelin :cool:

c expresso... does that mean he can eject you when he wants? LOL. Love your songs.

ss3777
Mar. 12, 2008, 06:56 AM
Truckin, Grateful Dead song. I swear this horse went to Woodstock in an earlier life. He even has a hazy, peace sign on his forhead in place of a star.

pegasusmom
Mar. 12, 2008, 07:42 AM
The kid says his and Bo's theme music in the start box is "Rock Me like a Hurricane" by the Scorpions. Played at speaker shattering volume.

2ndyrgal
Mar. 12, 2008, 09:48 AM
As a newcomer to eventing (this will be my first year) I am comforted by the fact that singing AC/DC is normal. And I think they should play it on loudspeakers across the whole course!

Kcisawesome
Mar. 12, 2008, 10:16 AM
Well, Sassy's theme song is definatly "Livin la vida Loca".."Bitch is back" (Elton John) Also fits her pretty well, lol.

Johnny's is "Johnny B. Goode"...In fact we named hin after that song because it fits him so well.

Kc's is definatly "Just push play" by Aerosmith.

Mystic's is somthing by Avril Lavigne..lol. I dont' know what song..But she's just like that..

toeknee
Mar. 12, 2008, 10:20 AM
Lately during my test trying to attempt my trot lengthening I think we both have that song- "runaway train never coming back..." don't know who sings it but it makes me smile:)

MajMeadowMorgans
Mar. 12, 2008, 10:32 AM
All I can think as we're going XC is RPM by Sugar Ray. It's on their first cd. If you ever saw my boy go XC you'd understand! :D

c_expresso
Mar. 12, 2008, 10:35 AM
c expresso... does that mean he can eject you when he wants? LOL. Love your songs.

LOL he tries to! But when the horse says "get off my cloud" I say, is 'Another one going to bite the dust'?
:lol:

RAyers
Mar. 12, 2008, 10:44 AM
I think you mean, Crystal Method - Name of the Game (LOVE that song and I'm a big fan of CM)

Yep, yep you are right. I was listening to Groove Armada at the time and got mixed up. You have to admit they have similar sound. I prefer Name of the Game though.

deltawave
Mar. 12, 2008, 10:48 AM
Gwen's is "Brick House". A clinician took one look at her and christened her "built like a brick s**thouse" (which she is) and the song just FITS. :yes:

bornfreenowexpensive
Mar. 12, 2008, 10:52 AM
Prince's song would NOT be Purple Rain but would be I wanna Be a Rockstar by Nickleback.....although I was riding to a song by Creed that matched his rythmn perfectly!

Joy and Charm's song woud be "These boots were made for walking"...especially if you don't give them a treat...they are sisters and the songs suits them both!

Cody
Mar. 12, 2008, 11:02 AM
Mine with my Spot boy I have always kidded around saying is Flirtin' with Disaster by Molly Hatchet, an older southern rock 'n roll band. Sometimes it's way too close to truth!

nancy

Camstock
Mar. 12, 2008, 11:06 AM
This is fun. Great topic!

I had an anglo arab I used to ride and his song was definitely "Call me the Breeze" by Skynyrd, xc or dressage.

Eddie is so sweet, polite and quiet, even when galloping, that he might be humming classical music, or perhaps "Sunshine on my Shoulders" by John Denver.

kacey'srider
Mar. 12, 2008, 11:45 AM
How fun! Kacey has one - I know, I can remember humming it in warm up. But with both of us on stall rest :sadsmile: it won't come to me right now.

His Mommy's song when I was competing her - "Prince's Little Red Corvette." Fit her to the T.

And well Kelly Clarkson't "Miss Independent." Stinker would eliminate me in the most unpredictable strange ways. Like going to jump over the log down into the water ( second fence from the finish line) and dropping her feet down and pulling them back out over the log 3 darn times.

missamandarose
Mar. 12, 2008, 12:02 PM
Classy would be.... "Fat bottom Girl", Queen.... she is a total chunk... gets fat on air. Oh, or Dead or Alive's "You spin me round (right round baby right round)" because she's the roundest thing I've ever seen, especially when she rolls... that belly is so funny!

riva1
Mar. 12, 2008, 12:07 PM
Finn's song would be gwen steffani's - hella good.
And this goes two ways - either we 'feel good together', or, sometimes he just feels hella good and hits the ejector button.

cllane1
Mar. 12, 2008, 12:07 PM
I'm not sure about her Trak/TB yet, but I think Abba - Dancing queen, might be appropriate for him, lol.

He is NOT Dancing Queen! Yes, he's pretty and he knows it, but he's masculine too! And may I remind you that he beats your horse's butt on a regular basis...;)

Seriously, haven't quite figured out what Vidar's song is yet...last time we went x-c I had Voodoo Shoppe by Louisiana band Cowboy Mouth in my head, but I'm not sure if that's it or not. I can see him being something by Widespread Panic or Jupiter Coyote, b/c he's both mellow and rockin'.....

I too am encouraged by the amount of AC/DC listened to before xc. Just seems like the right music.

Granada
Mar. 12, 2008, 12:22 PM
He is NOT Dancing Queen! Yes, he's pretty and he knows it, but he's masculine too! And may I remind you that he beats your horse's butt on a regular basis...;)

:lol: I saw some sale videos from a German sale barn and all their vids were to abba's dancing queen... a longlegged masculine german man riding four year olds to dancing queen:eek: also Abba is my DH's dirty little music secret- Don't tell his friends, heehee... so their's no need to disc Abba, there plenty masculine, didn't you know? LOL

deltawave
Mar. 12, 2008, 12:25 PM
AC/DC is great XC music, but Gogol Bordello (http://www.gogolbordello.com) is WAAAAAAAAAY better! :yes: :D :yes: If anything can get rid of my butterflies, it's gypsy punk music! :D

RAyers
Mar. 12, 2008, 01:01 PM
AC/DC is great XC music, but Gogol Bordello (http://www.gogolbordello.com) is WAAAAAAAAAY better! :yes: :D :yes: If anything can get rid of my butterflies, it's gypsy punk music! :D

Then take a gander at Flogging Molly (Irish Punk):
http://music.yahoo.com/ar-295063-videos--Flogging-Molly

You also might like the Dresden Dolls and Devotchka. All are on my iPod for course walks and getting ready for dressage.

Reed

DogwoodValleyFarm
Mar. 12, 2008, 01:07 PM
17h dark bay QH/TB, loves pink, is prissy with NO stoic quarthorse tendencies.

I feel pretty
Oh, so pretty
I feel pretty and witty and GAY!
And I pitty any girl who isn't me today.

He is just like one of the girls.....except for the penis.

rabicon
Mar. 12, 2008, 02:08 PM
:lol:Thats great DogWOod, thats what my friend says her geldings song is. :lol:

My show horse's song is This is why I'm Hot (on a good day) and then other days its the song from the cowardly lion on the wizard of oz. :lol:

My walker is the Hokey Pokey because he likes to stick any area of his body he can in the fence and get it stuff and then try to turn around. :eek::no:

My retired barrel racer would have been Brick House in his working days now I really don't know what it would be. :confused:

My other walker would be Highway to Hell.

and the pony would probably be Dance (the country song) he has had a strange and hard life.

eyesontheground
Mar. 12, 2008, 02:17 PM
cllane1...love love love Cowboy Mouth...

This is great...I will have to really think before I come up with a good one. Normally I sing stupid stuff in my head...like you are my sunshine to get me to breathe...

Painted Wings
Mar. 12, 2008, 02:18 PM
My horse whose Barn name is "Maurice"

The Joker by Steve Miller band. http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=1189

Some people call me the space cowboy, yeah
Some call me the gangster of love
Some people call me Maurice
Cause I speak of the pompitous of love.

Yeah, he is the space cowboy and the gangster of love.

I hate to say that for my little filly Lucy it's probably "Lucy in the sky with Diamonds"

quietann
Mar. 12, 2008, 02:25 PM
well.... she's not even here yet, but Feronia is decidedly a "Little Deuce Coupe." (My husband owns several old Lotus cars from the 1960s/70s, and we're actually thinking Feronia fits in with them just fine -- gets by on handling and nimbleness rather than pure horsepower. Now let's just hope she does not have their reliability issues. LOTUS = "Lots Of Trouble, Usually Spendy." If you aren't familiar with Lotus cars, the Mazda Miata is modeled after the Lotus Elan.)

clivers
Mar. 12, 2008, 02:31 PM
Isaac's theme song is "You're the one for me, Fatty" by Morrissey. He's...er...rotund.

deltawave
Mar. 12, 2008, 03:38 PM
I've always wondered . . . what IS the pompitous (???) of love, exactly? :p

Reed, I've got a little Flogging Molly, but GB is my favorite. band. EVER. Just went and saw them last week, front row, right in front of the mosh pit! :D :D :D Still have a whiplash and bruises all over . . .

cllane1
Mar. 12, 2008, 03:43 PM
I've always wondered . . . what IS the pompitous (???) of love, exactly? :p

Apparently, it's a made up word!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pompatus_of_Love

tx3dayeventer
Mar. 12, 2008, 04:20 PM
I have to think long and hard about my XC song but my dressage and sj song was "Get Rhythm" by Johnny Cash, it always got me rocking in a rhythm.

But a girl from Arkansas that I lived with at Jims would BLAST Danger Zone. I swear the whole show grounds could hear it.

RolexII
Mar. 12, 2008, 04:30 PM
If Rolly(Rolling Stone II) had a theme song it would be "Jumpin' Jack Flash" by the Rolling Stones. Brian O'Connor actaully played it once when Rolly and I were doing our dressage test at Sporting Days HT last winter. Before I ride any of the three phases I have my IPOD on and "Jumpin' Jack Flash" is always on the playlist.

hopefull
Mar. 12, 2008, 06:48 PM
I have to second bornfreenowexpensive's choice of "I want to be a Rock Star"

Wait, is that my horses theme song or mine???:D

VicarageVee
Mar. 12, 2008, 08:32 PM
Two songs.

First: The Eagles: Take it to the Limit (on a good xc day)

Second: The Eagles: The Long Run ("yes, we'll find out in the loooong run," played after a bad dressage test)

Glorybee
Mar. 12, 2008, 09:43 PM
My mare has one, and one song only . " I'm a B+%&*#" by Meredith Brooks....

My song, is and always has been, "should I stay or should I go" by Clash or "THE Clash" - this helps me consider my distance to a jump,a nd hopefully leave OUt tha last stride.. sorry eventers, Hunter/Jumper here!

octavian_jazz
Mar. 12, 2008, 11:24 PM
Okay, I thought about this for awhile. I came up with:

XC: Smooth Criminal - Alien Ant Farm (it matches the rhythm we have when going cross country), lyrics have nothing to do with anything.

If I had to pick a theme song for Octavian, I think I would go with Bigger Than My Body by John Mayer.

alliemare
Mar. 12, 2008, 11:56 PM
My moody, hot, crazy, tempermental TB mare's theme song would be

Crazy B*tch by buckcherry.

It soooo fits her. Shes a crazy b*tch, but when she is on, she is really ON. She is famous for rocking the temp stabling at the AECs. She may buck and rear in the dressage warmup and have everyone wondering why we are even attempting dressage (a la virginia cci??), but she will go in and win it. She may be bolting/sqweeling/bucking in XC warmup and scare some spectators, but she will fly around XC without a blink of an eye in complete control.

amastrike
Mar. 13, 2008, 12:11 AM
I'm kind of cheating, because I don't really do eventing (lol, done one horse trial, but planning on doing at least one this year--and doing two horses in it!)..

My gelding--SexyBack by Justin Timberlake. You have to see him rocking out the lime green sexyness.... (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31603422&l=6d843&id=15700421)

My mare--Can't Hold Us Down by Christina Aguilera... specifically, this verse: "So, what am I not supposed to have an opinion? Should I be quiet just because I'm a woman? Call me a b*tch 'cause I speak what's on my mind, guess it's easier for you to swallow if I sat and smiled." Came on my iPod one day when I was tacking up and I realized it was HER. My affectionate nickname for her is "Queen B*tch."

Bobthehorse
Mar. 13, 2008, 12:39 AM
Bob's song might be "Damn it feels good to be a gangsta" hahah. Or maybe something Motorhead. Maybe "smiling like a killer" hahah

Chipngrace
Mar. 14, 2008, 04:43 AM

Larbear
Mar. 14, 2008, 07:34 AM
As for my current horse, I'm not sure about a theme but I swear she goes XC with "Flight of the Bumblebee" running through her tiny head.

That's my dressage theme song...or at least seems like it! :D

WNT
Mar. 14, 2008, 11:30 PM
I don't know if Mister so much as has a theme song as a soundtrack. Something from Indiana Jones or Pirates of the Caribbean. Gung-ho, adventurous and a little bit nuts. No wonder he likes cross country so much!

spirithorse22
Mar. 14, 2008, 11:46 PM
My horse whose Barn name is "Maurice"

The Joker by Steve Miller band. http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=1189

Some people call me the space cowboy, yeah
Some call me the gangster of love
Some people call me Maurice
Cause I speak of the pompitous of love.

Awww, man, "some people call me the space cowboy, yeah, some call me the gangster of love..." Aw, I LOVE that song. "I really love your peaches want to shake your tree." ;):lol: I always crack up when that song is played on 'The River: Classic Rock' station here.

sirena_chaucer
Mar. 15, 2008, 12:00 AM
Tom Petty, Wall (Circus)
http://www.lyricsdepot.com/tom-petty/walls-circus.html

Most fitting;
Some days are diamonds
Some days are rocks

'Cause you got a heart so big
It could crush this town

For my other guy's xc: Like a Stone, Audioslave

And I'm always humming this song these days when doing my conditioning work: Hard Sun, Eddie Veder (ooh, loff it)

piccolittle
Mar. 15, 2008, 09:06 AM
My guy's would probably be "Get It and Go" by Razorlight... he's a spunky cheeky Englishman who loves to gallop and buck.

"First time you're there
Well it gets you up
Second time alright
But its just not enough
No, it shoots through your veins
Tears all your nerves apart

Well, you get it and go
You get it and go
You know its alright...
You get it and go...
You get a little high
And you get a little low"

But the song that runs through my head during cross country is "Don't Stop Me Now" by Queen or "Sugar High" from Empire Records.

kookicat
Mar. 15, 2008, 04:35 PM
Que- Rockstar by Nickleback
Lil- Not sure, maybe Iris by Goo Goo Dolls :)
Feebs- Right to be Wrong by Joss Stone

applechick
Mar. 16, 2008, 11:16 AM
I have a TB. Through all our ups and downs (literal and figurative) I hear...

..."Wild Thing" by X.

cosmos mom
Mar. 16, 2008, 11:33 AM
Cosmo's is most definitely Minor Threat "I Don't Wanna Hear It" AND Black Train Jack "Handouts"...nothin in this life is free, baby!

AlexMakowski
Mar. 16, 2008, 09:22 PM
My event mare would be gretchen wilson's "I dont feel like loving you today"
not everyday, but every now and then . . . .

My pleasure broodmare would be Lonestar's "Mountains" because she has proved just about every profession wrong about a host of things

haha. this is a great thread.

ThoroughbredFancy
Mar. 16, 2008, 10:53 PM
Often times when I ride my TB I have that song "Wild thing, you make my heart sing..." stuck in my head. :lol:

Ritazza
Mar. 17, 2008, 12:49 AM
well.... every time Gogo goes, I get the Wicked Witch's theme music from the Wizard of Oz stuck in my head....

TampaBayEquine
Mar. 18, 2008, 12:37 AM
My quarterpony = "Baby Got Back" (sir mixalot I think)

PaintHorseHunterFreak
Mar. 19, 2008, 01:56 AM
My TB, a 16.3 gelding, who definately lived life to the fullest would be either "Party Like a Rockstar" by Shop Boyz or "Good Day" by The Films.

My irish guy always warrants a blasting of "Lean Back" by Fat Joe or "Get Buck in Here" by DJ Felli Fel.

My sweedish mare is DEFINATELY "Independent" by Webbie

My paint is "Move Along" by All American Rejects. He needs all the moving along he can get. I practically chant that song on XC.

BUT...before cross country, i would be the one found BLASTING bob marley about 10 decibles louder than i should out of my truck. ( i might sing too....)

purplnurpl
Mar. 19, 2008, 11:01 AM
this is so sad.
after several weeks of this thread, and me thinking about Booms here is what I have come up with.

He's a DK. So his dressage song would be,
MC Hammer. I'm too sexy.

His XC song. arggg. this is so embarassing.
"Rock a Bye Baby"

all he ever does is sleep!!
suits him also in that he jumps with his eyes closed most of the time too.

easyklc
Mar. 19, 2008, 01:34 PM
"Brick House" by the Commodores!! :D

Acertainsmile
Mar. 19, 2008, 01:44 PM
My WB going over fences song would be the "Gotta go, gotta go right now", from that commercial on TV...

My TB would have to be Party like a Rockstar.. thats what his stall looks like he's done every morning... and he even looks dishevled first thing in the a.m.!

flash1
Mar. 19, 2008, 01:48 PM
# 1 Dreamer - " Its always 5 o' clock somewhere "..horse is very laid back...
#2 Flash - The Long and Winding Road - Beatles.. and it has been!!