PDA

View Full Version : COTH ROLEX PIZZA PARTY ---NOW CHINESE FOOD PARTY

pinkdiamondracing
Feb. 25, 2008, 03:31 PM
Looking for a head count for the pizza party--Friday night after dressage--I will be making arrangements at Cici's pizza for the group-- let me know if you are planning on attending, so I know how big of a room to get for all of us to mingle in----Looking forward to putting names & faces to COTH screennames-- will have nametags for everyone to put their handles on!!:D:D

CookiePony
Feb. 25, 2008, 04:01 PM
I'll be there-- with OH and possibly another horsey friend. :cool:

relocatedTXjumpr
Feb. 25, 2008, 04:06 PM
Ill be there with a non-coth friend in tow!!!

deltawave
Feb. 25, 2008, 04:07 PM
Yes for me, possibly with my son in tow. I need to see how many more days of school he's allowed to miss. :p

FoxChaser
Feb. 25, 2008, 06:27 PM
We'll try to make it too (me, my DH, and 2 year old son). Hopefully it will be better attended than last year :)

tuppysmom
Feb. 25, 2008, 06:37 PM
If we get all our work done in time, we'll be there too. There could be a bunch of us depending on what the PA groups wants to do. I count 3 for pretty sure, and then there are 2 from home and 5 from PA.

luise
Feb. 25, 2008, 07:05 PM
I will be there. My husband wants to know what the other non-horsey husbands are doing. So probably 2 of us then. Can you post the address for CiCi's?
I can't wait!

Eventer55
Feb. 25, 2008, 07:53 PM
I'll be there with my husband who is giving me this trip for my birthday! Can't wait.:D:D:D:D:D:D I will need directions as neither of us haas ever been to KY.

HECS04
Feb. 25, 2008, 07:54 PM
Sign me up for 2! Let me know if you need any help since I'm from Lex too I will help you if you need it! :D

flypony74
Feb. 25, 2008, 09:24 PM
Where is Cici's in Lexington?

I will try to drop in!

HECS04
Feb. 25, 2008, 09:29 PM
Where is Cici's in Lexington?

I will try to drop in!

It is off the Georgetown exit...coming from the horse park you will get on 75 N and it is I believe the 1st Georgetown exit you will turn right off the exit and it is on the left by the Walmart

elmerandharriet
Feb. 25, 2008, 10:41 PM
count me in! plus 1 = 2 ppl total

eponacowgirl
Feb. 25, 2008, 10:51 PM
Might also try to drop by- depends on what my "group" is up to!

Candle
Feb. 26, 2008, 12:20 AM
I will most likely be there, possibly with friends in tow :D

elmerandharriet
Feb. 26, 2008, 07:38 AM
they might want to shut cicis down for us!

Kcisawesome
Feb. 26, 2008, 07:38 AM
My mom and I will be there!

HECS04
Feb. 26, 2008, 07:42 AM
Make sure you let them know it might get rodwy :D A bunch of COTHers and the excitement of xc the next day...could make a dangerous combination!! Can't wait! :D

pinkdiamondracing
Feb. 26, 2008, 08:17 AM
Us getting rowdy was exactly the reason I wanted to go some place like Cici's-- I figured it could get really noisy!!:winkgrin: Some one had orginally suggested getting together at DeShas,:confused: , but I knew a bunch of loud, rowdy people there would only be asking for trouble, besides it's kinda pricey!!:eek: I figured for those of us on a limited budget, everyone could afford Cici's buffet.:D I for one would eat Ramen Noodles in order to have more money to spend at the Trade Fair, and I'm sure there are those who would agree with me!!

Holly Jeanne
Feb. 26, 2008, 08:30 AM
Count me in. :D

KimPeterson
Feb. 26, 2008, 10:49 AM
Possibly count me in !! I should be driving down with the fitting stuff and saddles for Nikki and she may come as well but probably will be beat from sitting in the Black Country stand we both have under 2year olds so.....will know better closer to the date.

Gunnar
Feb. 26, 2008, 04:05 PM
A bunch of us from TOC are attending Rolex! I am not sure what our Friday night plans are but we may want to join you guys!!

I will see what they all have to say!!

Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pinkdiamondracing
Feb. 26, 2008, 04:13 PM
No Problem-- the more the merrier!! Gonna call Cici's tomorrow with an approx head count of 60-70 and make sure they can accomodate all of us-- who knows?? Maybe they will have to shut down to the public just for us!! LOL-- It might be a good idea on their part--;) I'll bet a loud rowdy party of 70 COTH people jabbering about dressage, XC and SJ might be above the average diner's tolerance!!:D:D

HECS04
Feb. 26, 2008, 08:37 PM
No Problem-- the more the merrier!! Gonna call Cici's tomorrow with an approx head count of 60-70 and make sure they can accomodate all of us-- who knows?? Maybe they will have to shut down to the public just for us!! LOL-- It might be a good idea on their part--;) I'll bet a loud rowdy party of 70 COTH people jabbering about dressage, XC and SJ might be above the average diner's tolerance!!:D:D

I agree...it might be a VERY good idea!!!

CookiePony
Feb. 26, 2008, 09:14 PM
A bunch of us from TOC are attending Rolex! I am not sure what our Friday night plans are but we may want to join you guys!!

I will see what they all have to say!!

Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It has been too long, Steph! I hope you make it.

Foxchaser, there may not have been hordes of people at your house last year, but it was lots of fun for those of us who came! Thank you again. :)

This will be great fun. I'm counting the days!

tuppysmom
Feb. 26, 2008, 09:28 PM
Can we meet earlier rather than later? Sara will have all her "night before xc" stuff to do, so she will most likely want to eat earlier rather than later. The rest of you can carry on late into the night!

We can hope that her d. will be on Thurs and not late in the day on Fri. Not the favorite ride time.

What about pwynn? Are you having pizza with us?

HECS04
Feb. 26, 2008, 09:59 PM
Can we meet earlier rather than later? Sara will have all her "night before xc" stuff to do, so she will most likely want to eat earlier rather than later. The rest of you can carry on late into the night!

We can hope that her d. will be on Thurs and not late in the day on Fri. Not the favorite ride time.

What about pwynn? Are you having pizza with us?

Maybe we could plan on meeting right after the day ends friday? Then we can all discuss the good deals we have already found :D

pinkdiamondracing
Feb. 27, 2008, 02:17 PM
Earlier works for me, I was thinking about calling Cici's and letting them know we would probably start filtering in around 5-6 and would stay til???

Miss Perfect
Feb. 28, 2008, 09:07 PM
I just talked to my fellow Rolex peeps - add 4 to the head count! WooHoo!!:D

tuppysmom
Feb. 28, 2008, 10:33 PM
I might need some help from y'all to get my peeps to the party, they are shy ya know! makes me laugh!!

Equus34
Feb. 29, 2008, 09:49 AM
Hey Pinkdiamond, just curious did you say what time everyone was meeting at Cici's? I couldn't seem to find one listed but then again I may have missed it. :lol:

Barn Brats Horse Themed Glassware
www.cmmbarnbrats.com

pinkdiamondracing
Feb. 29, 2008, 10:59 AM
I was thinking we could start rolling in to Cici's somewhere around 5-6. Dressage should be over by then, and it will give Mom and Sara time to put Tony the Pony away and then they can come eat. We can stay til whenever but I know some of the ones that are riding want to eat early so they can get back to the HP to get ready for XC on Sat.:D

HECS04
Feb. 29, 2008, 01:33 PM
One think I just thought of pinkdiamond....not that its a big deal or anything but cici's has no beer!!!:eek: what will COTHers do without that! :lol: Maybe we won't be as rowdy that way.

pinkdiamondracing
Feb. 29, 2008, 02:14 PM
CRAP!!!!!!:eek::eek: I didn't even think that a pizza place would have no beer-- but that's because Scott County is a dry county. :no::no: Raise your hand if NO beer is still okay, or should I look for another place?? :confused: I for one really don't require beer, but there are others who might, so we will go with majority rules.;)

Gunnar
Feb. 29, 2008, 03:02 PM
I hate to be a downer but do not shut down the restaurant because of COTHERs. From my own experience many will not show up! I hope and pray this is not the case but we do not want an empty restaurant at our expense!!

Just need to add this to the equation!! Maybe I am wrong! :eek::lol:.

I am still unsure as to my plans but I hope to be there!!

HECS04
Feb. 29, 2008, 03:36 PM
What about Brooklyn Pizza?? They have beer if we need that as an alternative and it is downtown so there is alot of other stuff around too.

Miss Perfect
Feb. 29, 2008, 09:15 PM
BeerBeerBeerBeerBeer! It's God's way of showing that he loves us and wants us to be happy.

pinkdiamondracing
Mar. 1, 2008, 08:43 AM
We have another alternative that has beer. There is a chinese buffet that is really good on Newtown Pike called Happy Dragon that I know would have room for all of us, if that makes it any easier. Just an option, and we do have time to decide. If beer is not important to the majority, then it's Cici's, if we need to have beer, then we look for somewhere else, like Happy Dragon. Thinking keeping things close to the Horse Park is most important, in order to make it simple for those staying there, and also for ease in finding said meeting place for the others.

tecumsea
Mar. 1, 2008, 10:28 AM
Okay, I got myself and at least two others if not 3 ohters who all live here in KY. Wth 54 days till the start of Rolex, I am ready!!!!

tecumsea
Mar. 1, 2008, 10:31 AM
Just read some of the other posts, who new that two words, 6 letters, could change the whole plan! "No Beer"?!!

CassandraMarie
Mar. 2, 2008, 09:17 AM
Hey everyone...I live in Georgetown and I'd love to come. It'd be nice to meet some people from here and also others who live in KY!! I haven't been here too long so I don't know a whole lot of people.

pinkdiamondracing
Mar. 2, 2008, 12:17 PM
We have moved the pizza party to Happy Dragon Chinese Buffet--because they have BEER. :D So if you are still interested in coming, I still need a head count in order to made sure they will have enough room for all of us crazy COTHers:winkgrin::winkgrin: Please post on the Chinese Food Party thread so I have a close count. We are going to meet around 5-6, giving those who wish to come that are competing time to do their " night before XC" stuff!!:yes: Hope to see y'all there!!!!:yes::yes::D

LexInVA
Mar. 2, 2008, 01:03 PM
Chinese food and beer...wow...what a potent combination in the digestive system! :lol:

ddashaq
Mar. 2, 2008, 01:53 PM
I am not sure if this is the thread where you are trying to get a head count, but count me in for 2 possibly 3.:)

relocatedTXjumpr
Mar. 2, 2008, 02:54 PM
Yep, count me in plus one.

And a gernal question about the Rolex shopping....do we need to plan on bringing cash only? Or do the vendors usuallly except debit and/or credit cards?

I hate to carry a whole lot of cash on road trips, but can justify hitting an ATM if needed!!!

Thanks!!

pinkdiamondracing
Mar. 3, 2008, 01:14 PM
Bump

CookiePony
Mar. 3, 2008, 02:04 PM
Yes, I and my 2 guests will still come!

pinkdiamondracing
Mar. 3, 2008, 04:38 PM
bump

punk_pony
Mar. 4, 2008, 01:47 AM
Me plus three, possibly 4. PS- the ponies behaved like awed tourists seeing the outside world for the first time at Twin Rivers

pinkdiamondracing
Mar. 4, 2008, 02:20 PM
bump

jump4it
Mar. 4, 2008, 03:26 PM
I have to talk with Smallherd but I think you can count us in

ghazgal
Mar. 4, 2008, 03:36 PM
While I am not a XC person - I never miss the Rolex and I would love to join you all for dinner. My hubby is a vendor at the Rolex so it will prob just be myself. I am looking forward to meeting everyone.

tuppysmom
Mar. 4, 2008, 03:51 PM
I should have an easier time getting my peeps to Happy Dragon. They love that place! We'll be at least 3 and probably 6. And, there is room to park the Tonka Truck!

CurlyLindsay
Mar. 4, 2008, 03:57 PM
Can I add a tentative 2-3?

I'm going this year (first time) as a third wheel hitching a ride with some friends and while I'll suggest it, I won't be calling the shots. :winkgrin:

Eventer55
Mar. 4, 2008, 05:01 PM
2 for Eventer55:)

tuppysmom
Mar. 4, 2008, 10:12 PM
Some of the crew are all about the salted shrimp! Me, haveing been born on the coast in a fishing town, cannot eat anythig from the sea. I'll settle for the sweet and sour stuff and the spicey chicken! Oh, and the Corona.

LexInVA
Mar. 4, 2008, 10:52 PM
I hope you guys are gonna have a hefty Beano supply. Otherwise we might get a blurb on the news about a biological weapon being deployed in downtown Lexington by terrorists hiding in a Chinese food restaurant. :lol:

Candle
Mar. 5, 2008, 12:15 AM
Yep, count me in plus one.

And a gernal question about the Rolex shopping....do we need to plan on bringing cash only? Or do the vendors usuallly except debit and/or credit cards?

I hate to carry a whole lot of cash on road trips, but can justify hitting an ATM if needed!!!

Thanks!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: i have NEVER seen a vendor (except maybe food trailers) who are not happy and willing to accept my Visa at the Trade Fair. I need some shopping buddies by the way. I am saving up and ready to do some serious damage!!!!!

relocatedTXjumpr
Mar. 5, 2008, 09:05 AM
Candle, my friend and I have a list. Shes actually saddle shopping and is hoping to find something there. Not to mentioned we both need/want new horse boots, a new bridle, I want new half chaps...The list goes on!!!

Im bringing and empty suitcase with me!! And a big suburban to put everything in!!!

zagafi
Mar. 5, 2008, 12:23 PM
I think we're in for 7--me, my son, Equus34, SmallHerd, jump4it, and 2 others!

KimPeterson
Mar. 5, 2008, 01:36 PM
I should be coming head count of 2 maybe 4 !! :) trying to figure on what days I will be at the BC booth and what days walking around. I have some of the Rolex saddles here now stock piled, anyone flying into Kentucky or is everyone driving?? I am thinking I may ship them and then fly in to avoid a long car ride.....

tecumsea
Mar. 8, 2008, 01:03 PM
Ok Put me down for a definite 1 and possible 2 others. I am working on them. They are non BB for now until the conversion begins!!!!

Tuckertoo
Mar. 8, 2008, 02:10 PM
Count me and my mom in too!

Honu
Mar. 8, 2008, 09:30 PM
I would like to try to come as well. I just have to make sure my hubby can feed and turn out the horses for me. :) It sounds like fun.

GimmieMore1021
Mar. 9, 2008, 06:33 PM
Count me in!! :D

PetesMom
Mar. 9, 2008, 06:42 PM
I had posted this on the other thread but thought that I had better repeat it here - 3 of us - yellow rose, me and a good friend.
Can't wait!!

pinkdiamondracing
Mar. 10, 2008, 06:41 PM
bump

Holly Jeanne
Mar. 14, 2008, 01:19 PM
I already said I'd be coming but I will now be bringing someone with me. :) Can't wait!

tuppysmom
Mar. 14, 2008, 09:04 PM
How many COTHers do we have so far? Non COTH friends are also welcome, we'll convert them.

pinkdiamondracing
Mar. 15, 2008, 04:43 PM
At last count-- about 50-60!! Of course that's if everyone shows up,brings as many as they counted, etc, but it sounds like we'll have quite a crowd!! Non-COTHers welcome-- like Tuppysmom said-- we'll convert you!!
We are a cult!!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

HECS04
Mar. 16, 2008, 12:09 AM
We are a cult!!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Agreed!!! Whenever I am on the phone with someone and I stop talking or do that "uh-huh" response, anyone who knows me says, "you are on that darn forum aren't you!" :D

HECS04
Mar. 20, 2008, 10:21 PM
Bumping :-)

pinkdiamondracing
Mar. 21, 2008, 03:14 PM
bumping!!

relocatedTXjumpr
Mar. 21, 2008, 04:33 PM
Have we set a time yet?

I saw in PH this month that they are having a corss country course walk right after Dressage finishes on Friday. I think thats around 4pm.