PDA

View Full Version : War Pass romps

Linny
Feb. 24, 2008, 05:56 PM
War Pass just returned to the races by galloping over a few badly overmatched rivals. He jumped to the front under stout restraint and won without ever being asked.

Texarkana
Feb. 24, 2008, 06:06 PM
Did anyone expect otherwise? :D

War Pass romps, and Cool Coal Man beats the other 11 pokey derby prospects. These have to be some of the slowest 3 y/o stakes races in history.

La Gringa
Feb. 24, 2008, 06:14 PM
I was looking at War Pass' pedigree, where did they come up with his name?

Is he related to any Man O War prodegy or War Admiral?

With that name you might expect that, I didn't see it in there.

rcloisonne
Feb. 24, 2008, 08:10 PM
I was looking at War Pass' pedigree, where did they come up with his name?

Is he related to any Man O War prodegy or War Admiral?

With that name you might expect that, I didn't see it in there.
War Admiral's in there, if you go back far enough. ;)

miss_critic
Feb. 24, 2008, 08:25 PM
Can you believe there was an inquiry in the race! Yeah, with like the 2 horses that finished at the bottom end I think.

I'm still not a believer that he can win the KD, but he is the champ and until somebody can knock him down, he is the champ! I thought he looked pretty determined out there today. Call me crazy, but something about him today, the way he was running down the stretch, reminded me of Bernardini.

miss_critic
Feb. 24, 2008, 08:39 PM
Look at the DRF charts. They timed the race in 1:49 2/5.

http://www.drf.com/drfPDFChartRacesI...=20080224&RN=9

Texarkana
Feb. 24, 2008, 09:20 PM
Look at the DRF charts. They timed the race in 1:49 2/5.

http://www.drf.com/drfPDFChartRacesI...=20080224&RN=9

The Fountain of Youth was 1:49 2/5. War Pass' win was a mile in 1:36 1/5. Not breaking any land speed records, but certainly respectable.

If by some miracle War Pass can stay sharp AND get the distance come May, he's going to wire the field. So far we have absolutely no front end speed in this year's crop.

ATK
Feb. 26, 2008, 09:54 AM
Did you guys see how they are saying an outrider tripped the teletimer so the time was not accurate in the Fountain of Youth. I read it in TB Times Today. It said the time was really faster which doesn't make since because the time would be slower if it was tripped.

Texarkana
Feb. 26, 2008, 10:05 AM
Did you guys see how they are saying an outrider tripped the teletimer so the time was not accurate in the Fountain of Youth. I read it in TB Times Today. It said the time was really faster which doesn't make since because the time would be slower if it was tripped.

Yup, there are posts on the Derby Picks of 2008 thread. It does make sense, though, because the timer was running before the horses broke, from what I understood.

miss_critic
Feb. 26, 2008, 10:37 AM
Exactly, if it is tripped, it starts too soon and thus the tome is longer.

InVA
Feb. 26, 2008, 04:12 PM
War Admiral's in there, if you go back far enough. ;)

War Admiral is in a LOT of them, if you go back far enough! ;-)

Milocalwinnings
Feb. 26, 2008, 10:39 PM
I really like this horse for some reason. I don't really pay attention much to horse racing up until the Derby... but I saw War Pass race and stuck his name in the back of my mind- because he blew the competition away.

I don't know much about the KD, so forgive my question... but is he def. going to be in the KD?
I hope so... he'll be who I'm rooting for if he is!