PDA

View Full Version : Rolex-who's going?

luise
Feb. 24, 2008, 11:30 AM
Who here is going to Rolex this year? I am going! It is my first time. I am getting in Thursday evening. Friday I figure I'll watch some dressage, walk the XC course and shop. Then I don't leave until Monday. Anyone interested in a COTH meeting? I'd love to put some names and faces together!

pinkdiamondracing
Feb. 24, 2008, 11:47 AM
Tuppysmom and I will both be there!!! My sister is riding, so we will be there for the duration-- let's schedule a get-together!! :yes::yes:

eqsiu
Feb. 24, 2008, 12:22 PM
I am!!!!!!!

VCT
Feb. 24, 2008, 12:26 PM
I'll be there, grooming for a friend.

elmerandharriet
Feb. 24, 2008, 12:32 PM
im going saturday but coming to ky on friday to barn hunt and possibly shop!

asbjockey
Feb. 24, 2008, 12:36 PM
This is year 5 or 6 for me. We go down on Thursday. Friday we watch some dressage, do a little shopping and then head to Keeneland.

deltawave
Feb. 24, 2008, 12:37 PM
Leaving EARLY Friday to catch the tail-end of dressage and do some shopping, then will be there all day Saturday for XC (and more shopping). Probably leave Sunday after the jog-up.

Backstage
Feb. 24, 2008, 01:37 PM
Maybe. Seems like my usual Rolex cohorts are all busy this year with other things, and I'm not sure I relish making the hike alone (not that driving through Michigan, Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky isn't exciting ;)) and it makes everything more expensive since the friends that are going (from a different area) already filled their hotel rooms. But it is an Olympic year...

HECS04
Feb. 24, 2008, 01:47 PM
Oh the magic word....ROLEX......I can't wait!!! I will be there!

abrownhorse
Feb. 24, 2008, 01:47 PM
Getting in Thursday afternoon and heading out Sunday evening. I'm anxious to see the changes to the venue. I think my first Rolex was in '02 and it is an Annual Trip for us now!

We missed '07 b/c we did (ok, not actually DID...just attended) the World Cup in Vegas instead, so I missed out on all the big changes. It was very odd to not be in attendance at Rolex, I felt like I missed out on so much!

We're staying at a hotel downtown this year just to change things up a bit. Closer to restaurants and bars, then we can just stumble home instead of hailing a cab.

See you there?!

luise
Feb. 24, 2008, 01:53 PM
So is anyone interested in organizing a meeting/gathering? where? when? I know nothing of the area/venue since I've never been. I can't wait!

appychik
Feb. 24, 2008, 02:00 PM
I'm going too (first time). Super excited. I get in late Wednesday evening and leave before it's finished on Sunday (stinks... but I had free airline miles, so I shouldn't complain).

Is there a lot of shops and stuff to buy? I honestly don't need anything else, but I'm trying to figure out what I should budget for. Any suggestions?

I'm so excited though... my trainer from GA will be there, haven't seen her in like 3 years since I moved home. Should be a nice reunion of sorts, plus a bunch of us from my barn now are coming.

jhodkin
Feb. 24, 2008, 02:08 PM
Planning to be there - primarily to see Dan's retirement ceremony!!! It looks like I might be writing the Rolex event article for Eventingworldwide.com so might have to concentrate on the competition not the shopping!

deltawave
Feb. 24, 2008, 02:09 PM
Is there a lot of shops and stuff to buy?

In a word . . . yes. :D Bring all of your money and an empty suitcase! ;)

pinkdiamondracing
Feb. 24, 2008, 02:10 PM
I'm going too (first time). Super excited. I get in late Wednesday evening and leave before it's finished on Sunday (stinks... but I had free airline miles, so I shouldn't complain).

Is there a lot of shops and stuff to buy? I honestly don't need anything else, but I'm trying to figure out what I should budget for. Any suggestions?

I'm so excited though... my trainer from GA will be there, haven't seen her in like 3 years since I moved home. Should be a nice reunion of sorts, plus a bunch of us from my barn now are coming.

OHHHHHHHHHH YEAH!!! The trade fair is awesome-- ALL the good tack shops are there-- so budget accordingly!!! I would love to attend some kind of COTH get-together-- we just need to plan a date, time-- I can possibly come up with some suggestions as to where to have it since I live in the area--we just need to nail down a time and date-- then I can plan a place-- some place ( like pizza places) have free banquet rooms that you can reserve for get-togethers-- how does that sound?? A pizza party for COTHers?? I know Tuppysmom and Sara would attend--especially if I hold them prisoner for the evening LOL

appychik
Feb. 24, 2008, 02:15 PM
In a word . . . yes. :D Bring all of your money and an empty suitcase! ;)

LOL. Will do.

ETA: Is the trade fair held at the horse park too? So, within walking distance? Aggh... budget. This will be fun (depends on how much tomorrow's vet visit will cost me...).

HECS04
Feb. 24, 2008, 02:16 PM
So is anyone interested in organizing a meeting/gathering? where? when? I know nothing of the area/venue since I've never been. I can't wait!

I live in lexington and if you have never been here you definately have to eat at Deshas downtown. Maybe a COTH meeting there??

pinkdiamondracing
Feb. 24, 2008, 02:32 PM
De Shas is good, but we might want to think something like pizza place-- as I'm sure it's going to be rowdy--a bunch of COTHers meeting for the first time and all!! :D Someplace less formal than DeShas might work better for all of us--and aren't they kinda expensive?? ( I would rather go someplace cheaper and have more $$$ to spend at trade fair, but that's just me and I'm very frugal (think broke with 4 horses eating hay here in Lex)

HECS04
Feb. 24, 2008, 02:38 PM
pink diamond...what about that pizza place in that shopping center? I think its a Brooklyn Pizza...I know exactly what you mean about the rowdiness we will definitely be a rowdy bunch!!!

luise
Feb. 24, 2008, 02:39 PM
I am going to have to restrain myself at the trade fair. Only if I find any good deals or new "outfits" (i.e. boots and saddle pads) for my guy. When I went to Germany in December I brought a half empty suitcase which quickly filled up! In fact, I was over the weight limit for the plane and had to put half of the stuff in a separate bag!
I am up for pizza. Maybe we could all wear name tags or something with our COTH names and real names?

deltawave
Feb. 24, 2008, 02:46 PM
Not only is the trade fair within EASY walking distance, but they have one of those JumboTron TV screens in the middle of the trade fair so you can watch the action as you shop! :yes:

Airdancer
Feb. 24, 2008, 02:53 PM
Rolex is a Never Miss. I missed my trip to Vegas, but I'm going to Rolex.
One year, didn't someone put up a printable Chron of Horse banner/logo? We could print them out & wear it like a name tag.

HECS04
Feb. 24, 2008, 03:24 PM
I am up for pizza. Maybe we could all wear name tags or something with our COTH names and real names?

I'm not sure I want anyone to know who I actually am unless I have a body gaurd (just kidding!!! hopefully I have never offended anyone that much on here). But I do think it would be alot of fun to all meet up somewhere...we will have to make a thread as it gets closer and get the word out there!

Kcisawesome
Feb. 24, 2008, 03:48 PM
My Mom and I will be there for the duration, and we will be crossing guards on XC day. I'm all for the pizza Party ;):lol::D

pony grandma
Feb. 24, 2008, 04:04 PM
We're staying at a hotel downtown this year just to change things up a bit. Closer to restaurants and bars, then we can just stumble home instead of hailing a cab.

Don't miss finding Thoroughbred Park on East Main St downtown. And it's neat to get to see the Overbrook Farm tapestry at the University of KY library (not open on Sat evening, Fri eve OK) located just north of the Hospital area. And, of course, any drive on any road out of town! Anyone have any other suggestions for pts of interest?

My most beloved possession is a laminated KY map that has the entire Lexington area, all the back roads, and ALL the horse farms marked with little horse heads, and the farm names. The areas down by the river have all the old grist mills - and south of Frankfort you can find the old really spooky distilleries. My ideal vacation would be a few days there early to drive and discover, then Rolex. You're too pooped after 3-4 days at Rolex.

A party sounds like fun! COOL! :cool: Saturday night? after all the excitement??

ROLEX! Wouldn't miss it - I've been going since 1978 and have the signed BD poster to prove it.

FoxChaser
Feb. 24, 2008, 04:06 PM
I hosted a CoTH get together at my farm after x-c on Saturday last year. From experience, do NOT plan to get together that evening. Everyone will be worn out and you'll have more no-shows than attendees. It really is best to plan to meet up on Friday night instead!

pinkdiamondracing
Feb. 24, 2008, 05:08 PM
So is everyone up for Friday evening after dressage?? If so, then I will start calling aroung to pizza places in Georgetown--which is closest to HP-- and see how big of a room we can get-- Name tags sound good-- with COTH screennames on also of course-- Can't wait to put faces to names-- although I know a couple by face already-- punk pony, and tuppysmom (not fair since one of them is my mother and the other grooms for my sister at Rolex:winkgrin:)

luise
Feb. 24, 2008, 05:15 PM
I am free then. Where is everyone staying? We (my husband and I) are staying at the Days Inn in Georgetown. We wanted someplace not too expensive and close to the horse park.

deltawave
Feb. 24, 2008, 05:22 PM
I'd be up for a pizza "thing" Friday. FoxChaser is so right--on Saturday after XC all I want to do is COLLAPSE! :)

BuddyRoo
Feb. 24, 2008, 05:41 PM
Definitely eat at Deshas!!!! Have the filet. It's lovely!

Team Kemowasabi will be at Rolex with bells on yet again this year. Tickets arrived a few weeks ago. Geeked does not BEGIN to describe it!!! YAHOO!!!!!!

BuddyRoo
Feb. 24, 2008, 05:42 PM
Oh, and PS....if you have time....

we usually don't head home til Monday to avoid traffic and all that. The last few years, we've set up tours of different farms. Lane's End is AWESOME. They'll let you pet AP Indy and they'll go pull whomever you want to see out of the paddock. Steve, the head handler, is AWESOME. The tour is free, but you can leave a donation/tip. HIGHLY recommend going over there.

StrawberryFields
Feb. 24, 2008, 05:44 PM
im so jealous of all of you! -.-

this is the year they are retiring Dan!

snoopy
Feb. 24, 2008, 06:10 PM
Snoops is planning on being there, will end up grooming I am sure.

FoxChaser
Feb. 24, 2008, 06:26 PM
There aren't many pizza places in Georgetown where you can eat (more delivery places). We have a Pizza Hut and there is Fat Cats. FC is near the interstate- actually infront of the infamous Super 8 (or is it Motel 6....) and would lend itself well to a CoTH gathering as it is locally owned and is of a nice size. The pizza is pretty good (New York style) and folks who own it are nice.

Lori B
Feb. 24, 2008, 06:26 PM
Westlaw and I are rolling in Friday evening, if we are lucky we can meet up for a COTHextravaganza.

We are driving, not flying, so we best make sure the trunk is empty. :-)

Eventer55
Feb. 24, 2008, 06:36 PM
Please keep me informed, my husband gave me tickets to Rolex for my birthday. I would love to meet other COTH people. I'll keep checking in here.

There is going to be wine isn't there???????:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

pinkdiamondracing
Feb. 24, 2008, 06:40 PM
do you know if FC has a banquetroom-- if not we could always move to Lexington, i was thinking Georgetown because everyone could stop there right after dressage before going home--

ddashaq
Feb. 24, 2008, 06:52 PM
I will be there for the first time since 2004 and I am SO excited! All of my friends have moved away, so we are meeting up there from NC, IA, and TN. I can hardly wait!:)

Hey Mickey
Feb. 24, 2008, 06:59 PM
I'll probaly be there one thursday and saterday!!!
I can't wait!!!!!!!

PiedPiper
Feb. 24, 2008, 07:05 PM
I will be there with hubby in tow! :D Haven't had a vacation in a few years so am finally taking off and splurging at Rolex starting with Equestrian Club tix and looking to fly down there instead of driving.

I can't wait to do some shopping!

joliemom, again
Feb. 24, 2008, 07:09 PM
My tickets arrived a week or two ago, they're now in my car's glovebox.

That's step one.

The rest is as rehearsed as if I were a 7 year old waiting for Christmas. I know exactly when Maria and Jeannette (formerly ponygrrl) arrive at my house. The approximate time we'll leave Chapel Hill, and the estimated time of arrival for Lexington.

I even dreamed about it the other night which can only mean it's sooner rather than later.

The only thing I don't know is what this year's beverage of choice will be. Some things are best left to the mysteries of the universe. :D

octavian_jazz
Feb. 24, 2008, 07:12 PM
This will be our fourth year in a row. It is literally my favorite four days of the year, whether it rains and I get soaked, or it's hot and I get a horrible sunburn (I have experienced both of these while at Rolex!), I am always, always happy while there. Even the first year when we were camping and it rained and the tent had a leak in it and we all woke up cold and wet. Doesn't matter, because I'm at Rolex! :D

I'm starting to save money for the trade fair now. I feel like you can find the most unique things, I found my hot pink bat there, it might sound silly, but I picked up and could not put it down! I would NEVER consider paying $40 for a bat, but because it came from Rolex...:winkgrin:

Miss Perfect
Feb. 24, 2008, 07:21 PM
I'll be travelling down with 2 or 3 other CoTHers, Thursday through Sunday. Can't wait! And, Fat Cats sounds ideal for a pizza get-together!! :yes:

Horseless1
Feb. 24, 2008, 08:04 PM
I'm jealous! Take lots of pictures so I can live vicariously!!!!

SmallHerd
Feb. 24, 2008, 08:04 PM
This will be my second year, and am traveling with and meeting up with COTHers from my area. Most of us will arrive on Thursday, with another joining us on Friday. I am counting down the days!!!

Does anyone want to go to Keeneland Friday night? I hear that is their last night of racing. The venue would be big enough for all of us, and keeping with the spirit of this BB, the evening would be "horse related" :).

FoxChaser
Feb. 24, 2008, 08:09 PM
Fat Cats did have a small banquet room but they've done some remodeling. I'll have to check the next time I'm there. My husband corrected me as to its location. He thinks it's in front of the Econolodge. Either way, we have lots of time between now and the end of April :)

HECS04
Feb. 24, 2008, 08:43 PM
Fat Cats would be great! We will def. have to remember to make a thread about it before Rolex

CookiePony
Feb. 24, 2008, 08:53 PM
Is Cici's Pizza still there in Georgetown (in the Walmart mall)? It is a largeish place that is pretty informal.

FoxChaser
Feb. 24, 2008, 09:08 PM
Oh yeah... I forgot about that one. It's still there too!

HECS04
Feb. 24, 2008, 09:11 PM
Good call cookie!! That would be a great cheap and informal place

LessonLearned
Feb. 24, 2008, 09:21 PM
I'll be there! I am hoping the fact that I am working the ticket booth on Thursday and Friday will keep me from doing too much damage at the trade fair (yeah, right). I can't wait!!!

HECS04
Feb. 24, 2008, 09:47 PM
Does anyone else ever feel like they just "blackout" when they go to the trade fair? I have come home before and looked in my bags and gone "wait...when did I buy that?"

luise
Feb. 24, 2008, 09:50 PM
Does anyone else ever feel like they just "blackout" when they go to the trade fair? I have come home before and looked in my bags and gone "wait...when did I buy that?"

Yes! Initially when I get there I get overwhelmed and don't know where to start. Then I stop, look at the list I will have made, and look at the map to see what vendors in particular I want to go to. This happenedat at Equine Affair. Then I come home and look at all the things that I bought, some of which I'm sure I didn't need!

Painted Wings
Feb. 24, 2008, 09:55 PM
I'm outriding. Look for a bald faced overo paint with one blue eye, half asleep in the infield somewhere.

http://www.pbase.com/stl_don/image/78141823

HECS04
Feb. 24, 2008, 09:58 PM
I'm outriding. Look for a bald faced overo paint with one blue eye, half asleep in the infield somewhere.

http://www.pbase.com/stl_don/image/78141823

too cute! I will keep my eyes peeled!!

Holly Jeanne
Feb. 25, 2008, 01:01 PM
I don't have the finalized schedule yet but it looks like I'll be working the Trakehner booth on Friday as I usually do. Plan to be there Saturday as well. Hope to see some folks. If you are at all interested, Mae's Way Farm usually has a parade of stallions on Friday night. Haven't heard for sure this year since she lost Schonfeld but I suspect she'll still want to show off Tycoon, Magritte, and Radscha.

Cody
Feb. 25, 2008, 02:40 PM
I'm going for the FIRST TIME! I cant' wait! I don't care that I'll be jobless after the 28th of March, I'm still going to Rolex! Arnold's mom (she doesn't post often) is my guide for the trips since she has gone as a groom and spectator, so seen both sides of the fence so to speak. I can't wait to get to the trade fair.....so what do I need?

We're staying in Georgetown.

Cody

Fence2Fence
Feb. 25, 2008, 03:54 PM
This will be my 11th time! I liked Lexington so much I decided to move here. *sigh* I'm feeling so old...but probably not as old as the gent I met my second time there that had visited every year since '78.

I'm so looking forward to spring and Rolex!

ThreeDays
Feb. 25, 2008, 04:01 PM
Can some one who's been to Rolex before please PM or e-mail me to let me know a bit more about where to stay and where one might want to go in the evenings for food and drinks?

Thanks!

sparlingrock@hotmail.com

relocatedTXjumpr
Feb. 25, 2008, 04:09 PM
Ill be there with an old horsey friend from back in the day. Shes flying in Thursday afternoon and Im driving up...staying until Sunday afternoon.

Staying at the Hampton in Frankfort. Would love to have a get together!!! I dont know the area too well...

eventerwannabe
Feb. 25, 2008, 04:30 PM
I'll be there...I've been going since 2003! I'll have someone with me that has never been there so it should be fun to show her around. Rolex is definatley the highlight of my spring and I can't wait to go!!

jme
Feb. 25, 2008, 04:42 PM
I'm so excited. Two years ago my Dad and I went (Phelps sent him because he writes for them.) My Dad snuck into the COTH media tent- he wanted to meet everyone. It was fun.

This year DH is going with me, so I'll have lots of explaining to do. I'm not sure what day we're leaving yet, but I can't wait. It's my favorite.

I have to figure out somewhere to put DH while I shop. :cool:

pinkdiamondracing
Feb. 25, 2008, 04:43 PM
We are planning to have an informal get-together for COTHers Friday night after dressage at Cici's Pizza-- there is a thread started to get a head count in order for me to be able to reserve a room big enough for all of us-- this will be an informal, feed yourself kind of thing, which is why we picked Cici's-- they have an all you can eat pizza, salad and dessert buffet. Cheap for all of us which was a must, in order to save everyone money-- so we all have more to spend at the trade fair. :yes::winkgrin: If you are interested in meeting some COTHers and putting faces and real names to screennames, please post on the Pizza Party thread , so I can get an approx. head count.

zagafi
Feb. 25, 2008, 04:50 PM
I'm going with a few other COTHers! Can't wait!

SimpsoMatt
Feb. 25, 2008, 04:59 PM
Hey JME!!

Tell your dad the guy with the duck picture says Hi!

We exchanged email a few years ago when he used a picture from my website for an article he wrote. I think that was probably the year before you went with him, because he said the next year he was planning to let you have his press pass so he could sneak in again.

LR1976
Feb. 25, 2008, 04:59 PM
Me, me, me!

jme
Feb. 25, 2008, 05:20 PM
I will! That man... I never know what he's conjuring up. I turn around and he's gone.

He's a good writer, but a pretty lousy photographer, so I'm sure he appreciated the picture. :D

I got Andrew Hoy's sweat on me that year we were that close to the action. It was awesome.

Hey JME!!

Tell your dad the guy with the duck picture says Hi!

We exchanged email a few years ago when he used a picture from my website for an article he wrote. I think that was probably the year before you went with him, because he said the next year he was planning to let you have his press pass so he could sneak in again.

mademoiselle
Feb. 25, 2008, 05:26 PM
I should be there. I'm taking my yearling with me, he will be presented at the FEH demo on Friday. It will be easy to know which one he is among the other horses, his name is somewhat easy to remember : Husband's Misfortune:lol::lol::lol: And yes, I picked the name, and Yes my husband agreed :lol::lol::lol:

I don't really know how I'm going to organize everything yet. I will have a yearling, a 3 YO daughter, a 2 months old baby and my mom with me ... But I would need more agravation than that to keep me away from Rolex :D:D:D

I will try to see, if I can join the COTHER group at the pizza party.
A couple of my girl friends are planning on coming too.

Shrapnel
Feb. 25, 2008, 06:41 PM
I'm going!! We've been going to Rolex since 2004 and have volunteered since 2005. I am already counting down the days until the entry list comes out! haha :D

Too Old for Pony Club
Feb. 25, 2008, 08:12 PM
I am psyched about Rolex this year!

Can I get a prize as the COTHer travelling the furthest to get there?

I'm currently finishing up a year teaching in Korea, and will be travelling home (Canada) for one day and then turning around to head for Kentucky. So, basically, I'll be heading for Rolex via Korea, Egypt, Greece, Italy, France, England and Canada.

CAN'T WAIT!

flypony74
Feb. 25, 2008, 09:28 PM
I'll be there. I've gone almost every year since 1987. Got my ticket order confirmation email today!

FlightCheck
Feb. 26, 2008, 09:41 AM
I'll be there, and so will BENSMOM!!

Laurel&HollyFarm
Feb. 26, 2008, 10:42 AM
DH and I will be there. We are arriving on Tuesday and staying till Monday in the campground. Can't wait!

Gunnar
Feb. 26, 2008, 04:19 PM
A bunch of us from TOC are coming! We are all staying in GT and I hope to meet up with friendly Cothers!!

TheOtherHorse
Feb. 26, 2008, 08:31 PM
I'll be there with my hubby. Can't wait! :D

Bensmom
Feb. 26, 2008, 11:27 PM
Me, me, me!!

It is a big party for my 40th birthday!! Imagine, all those people gathering in Lexington to help me celebrate ;) :lol: :lol:

Actually, I turn 40 earlier in the month, but the trip is how I wanted to celebrate. I am excited -- I get to stay with Cody, Flightcheck and Arnold's mom and am bringing an endurance friend along, so she can see what all the fuss is about! :D

Look forward to seeing all of you!

libby

HECS04
Feb. 26, 2008, 11:35 PM
I am psyched about Rolex this year!

Can I get a prize as the COTHer travelling the furthest to get there?

I'm currently finishing up a year teaching in Korea, and will be travelling home (Canada) for one day and then turning around to head for Kentucky. So, basically, I'll be heading for Rolex via Korea, Egypt, Greece, Italy, France, England and Canada.

CAN'T WAIT!

Yes, I think you can win the prize!

rosijet
Feb. 27, 2008, 10:21 AM
Wow Bensmom! I also turn 40 in April (the 28th) and will be celebrating at Rolex. This is my first time, and I'm beyond excited! :D My tickets are in the fire proof safe, along with all my other most valuable documents. :winkgrin:

Hubby and I are flying into Nashville on the 22nd and spending a couple of days there. Then we're driving to Lexington on the 24th. We're staying at the Hyatt downtown. Anyone been there before? It looked nice from the pictures and had a good rating.

I promised hubby I wouldn't torture him with dressage so we're just going for the x-country & stadium. In exchange, he can only bring one suitcase for his clothes, and the other one must be empty for my shopping treasures. :cool:

grabmane
Feb. 27, 2008, 10:35 AM
I'll be there for my 10 year Rolex revisit. Last time I went was in 1998, when they ran the 3* and 4*.
I can't wait to see how much it's changed!!

pinkdiamondracing
Feb. 27, 2008, 12:31 PM
Post on the Pizza Party thread if you are interested in a COTH get together, I am trying to get a head count, so I know how much room Cici's will need to have for us!!!

jvk8
Feb. 27, 2008, 12:37 PM
Oh dear. I also have already put my Precious Tickets in my car's glovebox just like a previous poster!

I have done this ever since the year (1999) that I left my tickets at home and had to buy all new ones when I got down there. Luckily the dressage/stadium seating was still all open then.

It is fun to see how many others also think this is the BEST four days of the whole year, every year.

Woo hoo! I can hardly wait already.

oldfogy
Feb. 27, 2008, 07:27 PM
Am going for the second year. Had such a great time last year. My mom takes me and she get the big bang tickets. We are staying at the embassy i think. And we are leaving on Tues this year because we never did get over to the park. We will this year though. Can't wait no DH no son and no animals to take care of for five days.

tuppysmom
Feb. 27, 2008, 08:31 PM
There will be a crew of us again. We'll have, in addition to myself, DH, DD, The BFF of the DD, the BF of the DD, and of course the Horsey . We'll be meeting up with family and friends from around the country. It's the best week of the year!

Fingers crossed, knock wood, of course!

shea'smom
Feb. 27, 2008, 08:50 PM
I'm going!! We got tickets in the Doggery section. So the Mouse has her own ticket. I haven't missed a year in about 10 years!! I'm officially addicted.

piccolittle
Feb. 28, 2008, 06:50 AM
I am *so* jealous of all of you!! My trainer is competing at Rolex for the very first time (their first ****!!) and my parents are being too cheap to go down! :'(

Can't believe it, but maybe I'll wear them down...

pinkdiamondracing
Feb. 28, 2008, 08:41 AM
We are planning a pizza party get- together for COTHers Friday evening right after dressage at Cici's pizza in georgetwon, come one, come all!!

smilton
Feb. 28, 2008, 09:14 AM
I have tickets. I have access to a sponsors booth. I have a place to stay. You have to love wealthy relatives that love horse events.
Unfortunately my future eventer is due to be born from a maiden mare on the 23rd so it does not look promising that I will be able to attend.

eventer15
Feb. 28, 2008, 09:32 AM
I'm going down on Thursday, I'm so excited!!! I'm also going to visit Georgetown College on Monday, I am really excited about that also :)

Equus34
Feb. 29, 2008, 10:14 AM
Smallheard, as you know I'll be arriving Friday morning to meet up with you and the gang. I'm so excited !!!!

Anyway, Yes lets take a drive over to Keenland and watch the races. It is the last day of their Spring meet and they have a Grade II Stakes that day. The Fifth Third Elkhorn Stakes is that day. It's a $200,000 mile and a half on the turf. Usually their feature races are run in the 8th or 9th race on the card.

Then maybe we can meet some of the other Cother's at Cici's for Pizza.:D

Barn Brats Horse Themed Glassware
www.cmmbarnbrats.com