PDA

View Full Version : looking for my horses breeder

superD
Feb. 22, 2008, 07:39 PM
I was wondering if anyone knew how I would be able to find my TBs breeder? I got his pedigree from the jockey club but I couldn't get any info on his breeders I would like to speak to them and possibly get some pictures of him when he was a youngster. He is a great boy who I don't think did well as a racehorse. he was bred in Ky but sold at the keenland sales when he was a yearling. Any info would be a great help!!!

Slewdledo
Feb. 22, 2008, 08:15 PM
What's your horse's name? If you don't want to share that info on here, you can buy race record and pedigree reports at www.equineline.com which should list the breeder/owner.

superD
Feb. 22, 2008, 08:25 PM
I did that already but it didn't list his breeders contact info his name was Interception he is a 1994 model.

witherbee
Feb. 24, 2008, 01:56 AM
Search Results
Registered Thoroughbred
Name: Interception
Dam: Kitty Cassal
Foaling Year: 1994
Sex: Gelding
Breeder: Ralph Logan & Lisa Turney
DNA Sample: No frozen blood sample is likely to be available

superD
Feb. 24, 2008, 03:22 PM
Thank you for the info but how do you get in touch with them?? I can't find contact info for them or their stable/racing name.

SEPowell
Feb. 24, 2008, 03:52 PM
You have to be a sleuth! You could try googling one of the names with the horse's name or just the word thoroughbred. Also try the breeder's name with the dam's name.

EponaRoan
Feb. 24, 2008, 11:47 PM
http://apps.keeneland.com/sales/Sep02/pdfs/3902.pdf

Kitty Cassal pops up in a lot of pedigrees if you just google her name.

Slewdledo
Feb. 24, 2008, 11:49 PM
Yup, you find out the breeder's name and that's when Google and Whitepages.com come into play. ;)

Full Stride
Feb. 27, 2008, 03:21 PM
I used the phonebook and started dialing everyone in Ocala with the fairly generic name listed on my horse's papers. I got hold of him on the third try. ("Hi, do you breed Thoroughbred horses? Oh you do!") Got lots of interesting background info, including the story behind the horse's appallingly bad name.

johnnysauntie
Feb. 27, 2008, 03:24 PM
Interception is actually kind of a cool name, goodness knows there are some much worse ones out there! Glad you got the scoop on your horse. Mine was bred by a larger breeder, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't remember him.

Full Stride
Feb. 27, 2008, 03:33 PM
Appallingly bad name: Amarillo Elbert

Also you never know, this guy isn't a small-time breeder either but he remembered the horse because he went in a partnership with a friend (the aforementioned Elbert from Amarillo) and bred to the short-lived Concorde Bound, then tried to talk the girl who bought the horse as a yearling OUT of racing him because he was over at the knees. Every horse has a story.

Now my mare from Farnsworth... THAT has to be an anonymous filly.

PauletteKy
Feb. 27, 2008, 07:53 PM
I was looking for an owner and found their name at the Fasig tipton sale, emailed them and they gave me contact info.

superD
Feb. 27, 2008, 09:35 PM
Thanks everyone i have tried google and the yellow pages but haven't gotten anywhere i don't know where in KY there are so i will try the other horses on his pedigree.

Merrylegs
Feb. 29, 2008, 11:10 AM
Go to www.whitepages.com and enter
First name: L
Last name: Turney
State: KY

You will get Lisa Turney's contact information. It says she is the owner of Shamrock Glen in Versailles. If you google that, you get this site: http://yourkentuckyhorsefarm.com/

I hope that helps.

superD
Mar. 1, 2008, 01:23 PM
Thanks I am going to contact her thanks for your help I am not very computer savy!!!

ivy62
Mar. 1, 2008, 03:55 PM
not to hijack your thread but on my horse they list Klaravich stables as the breeder but have never been able to find any info anyone have any ideas? (Hurdle rate)

Simkie
Mar. 1, 2008, 04:05 PM
I used the phonebook and started dialing everyone in Ocala with the fairly generic name listed on my horse's papers. I got hold of him on the third try. ("Hi, do you breed Thoroughbred horses? Oh you do!") Got lots of interesting background info, including the story behind the horse's appallingly bad name.

This made me LOL. I don't think I could ever bring myself to go through the phonebook like that :lol:

babygreenqueen
Mar. 1, 2008, 05:16 PM
maybe this is a spin off on breeder info but you can also get race win photos
if your horse raced and won from track photographer archives. this is just the
coolest!

Full Stride
Mar. 2, 2008, 10:18 AM
Yeah you should especially try calling everyone in Ocala and asking if they breed Thoroughbreds. This is not an especially great way to narrow the field!!

Of course he is a major consignor and is at all the OBS functions... I found that out later. :)

Merrylegs
Mar. 2, 2008, 12:21 PM
You can find information on Klaravich Stables at the following link:

http://www.ntra.com/stats_bios.aspx?id=27293

If you look up Seth Klarman in whitepages.com without including the state, you will find his information. It must be the one who is the president of The Baupost Group (from the info in the above link) listed in the results.