PDA

View Full Version : Curlin pics Updated link/workout news Sat update

Linny
Feb. 20, 2008, 04:05 PM
http://www.chronicleofmyhorse.com/photo/album/listForOwner

I made an album in COMH of Curlin pics. Click on the pic of Curlin to enter the album.
For those not on COMH...
http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb31/Linny999/Curlin/

Tiramit
Feb. 20, 2008, 04:28 PM
Can't see the pics but want to ask about the race itself and the weather? Getting to / from the track?

I was supposed to go this year, before a family situation intervened. Next year!

Linny
Feb. 20, 2008, 05:42 PM
Hmmmm. I couple of my friends were able to open the COMH album. Try again, if you would. The link worked for me but as a COMH member I am permanently logged on.
If I get a chance, I'll make a photobucket album of the pics.

miss_critic
Feb. 20, 2008, 05:51 PM
Nothing there.

but i searched for curlin and found them.

Linny
Feb. 21, 2008, 02:02 PM
http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb31/Linny999/Curlin/

new link for those not on COMH

loshad
Feb. 21, 2008, 09:36 PM
Love the photos of Curlin. He's such a lovely horse.

In the one, though, all I could think of was that the Burj Dubai has gotten considerably taller than when I saw it last.

Kenike
Feb. 21, 2008, 11:41 PM
Thanks for the updated link. I AM a member of COMH, but I couldn't get to them...even did a search. Weird.

He looks tired! But he looks good, too....

Equus34
Feb. 22, 2008, 12:59 PM
Hey Linny it's Cindy...

For all of you who aren't on Chronicle of my Horse you are really missing something. Especially Linny's wonderful Album of Curlin.... You go girl those are some awesome pic's. In several he has his tongue hanging out to the side they are just too cute.:lol:

Any way go check out Linny's Curlin Ablum gang, it's awesome. Great job Linny.....:D

Barn Brats Horse Themed Glassware
www.cmmbarnbrats.com

Tiramit
Feb. 22, 2008, 01:22 PM
In the one, though, all I could think of was that the Burj Dubai has gotten considerably taller than when I saw it last.

They're definitely into speed building over there! My husband says the same thing every time he goes over there - his office is not too far away. I've heard the average construction timeframe in Dubai is an insane 2-3 floors A DAY!

Your photos are nice, Linny. Thanks for sharing! Curlin does indeed look a little tired. Really wish I could have made it over there this year but we have a family thing that weekend. Next year!

Linny
Feb. 22, 2008, 05:15 PM
The difference there is that once the decision is made, they BUILD. They don't have 500 committees analyzing things or environmentalists poo-pooing everything or 6 tons of red tape to wade though.

I'm hoping for yet another update from my friend. He did say when we spoke on Wed, that Curlin looks super, he doesn't need that "207" saddle pad. Everyone knows who he is. Also,I'm told that Arc runner-up Youmzain has arrived in the International Stable and is "a real character."

Thank you Cindy for the kind words. I've never had a website before! My son (age 8) loves having his pictures on there.

Tiramit
Feb. 22, 2008, 08:27 PM
Linny, very true, but they're also fast because money is NOT an object! I work for an architectural firm involved with work over there and while they are keenly interested in sustainable design and green building (probably because Abu Dhabi is kicking Dubai's tail with their new Masdar city project), they really could give a flip about the cost. They told us speed is the concern and price isn't. Money and a common goal to be the showplace of the world can accomplish the impossible.

That's one of the reasons I'm so keen to attend the world cup. Considering the level to which everything else has been built in Dubai, the track has to be unreal!! Anyone have first-hand stories?

loshad
Feb. 22, 2008, 08:46 PM
Tiramit, I went to the World Cup races in, uh, 2006, I think. Whatever year Electrocutionist won the World Cup. Nad al Sheba is a gorgeous track. I am sad that I didn't get a chance to do the stable tour since I hear those are to die for. Like everything else in Dubai, money was no object and they built the best they possibly could.

It was well worth it to go to the races just for the spectacle. We scored some good seats in the grandstand opposite the finish line. i'd go again in a second. Here's hoping for a job in Dubai one day!

Linny
Feb. 23, 2008, 12:28 AM
My friend in Dubai reports on Curlin's work on Sat am, their time.

"Saturday morning here and Curlin has just had his first work over the Nad Al Sheba main track. On my watch:
200m- 13.07 400m- 25.27 600m- 37.89 800m- 50.50 very easy, and never asked for speed. Track : FAST. Galloped out good to Poncho waiting for him on the backstrech. He looked great on a great morning here. Everyone pleased with the work, just what they wanted for Thursday's race. I can't wait!"

When we spoke last week, I was told that the plan was a moderate "piece of work" over the weekend. It looks like thats exactly what they got.

miss_critic
Feb. 23, 2008, 10:34 AM
He doesn't look tired to me in those pictures-he looks great and I am not even on the Curlin bandwagon! I am a bit disappointed that Joe Louis isn't coming over and I heard Premium Tap is doubtful since he came out of that race tired. I was really hoping Premium Tap would show his stuff last and this year but they seem to want to keep him in Saudi. I am most excited about Better Talk Now!!!!!! (not to hijack this thread :) )