PDA

View Full Version : Future Racehorses, my expectant mothers

Equilibrium
Feb. 16, 2008, 12:53 PM
As I am starting foal watch very soon I just thought I'd let everyone know who my mares are in foal to. For some of the pedigree experts it might be fun. I am also very excited because 2 of my mares have their first progeny in training this year.

Annia Faustina is expecting to Statue Of Liberty. She is a maiden

Stonor Lady is expecting to Antonius Pius abd has and 07 AP colt

Fraamtastic was not covered last year due to lateness in foaling. Her 07 foal killed herself by running into a gate which was a bummer.

Stonor Lady has a 2yo by Catcher In The Rye currently in training.

Fraamtastic has a 2yo by City On A Hill currently in training.

Mares are going back to the following:

Annia Faustina to Ad Valorem

Stonor Lady to One Cool Cat

Fraamtastic to Kheleyf

Terri

Laurierace
Feb. 17, 2008, 11:31 AM
I haven't been able to log into this thread due to database errors. I didn't want you to think no one cared about your upcoming foals so I switched browsers. I haven't heard of most of those names, but I wish you well nonetheless. Hopefully my foal watch is close to an end for the year.

Equilibrium
Feb. 17, 2008, 12:29 PM
Laurie,
Your too kind. I just put these kind of things up in case people want to explore the pedigrees. It's not racing so I don't expect too much in the way of a response.
I started out as a hotwalker, worked my way up to groom, and spent 3 years riding and breaking babies before learning to gallop. Rode a few races, but was crap, went back to galloping where I was fortunate to get on some amazing horses. Now, I'm a breeder however small, but I am most proud of breeding and raising future racehorses. I will do the best by them especially after racing. Mares have a chance to prove themselves and if not will be retired to live with us.
As far as the stallions, well they raced over here primarily. Most are American bred though and I tend to use Coolmore and Darley for stallions. Annia is a granddaughter of Lady Wimborne and a 3/4 sister to Catumbella who is the dam of Honor In War. Stonor Lady is by French Deputy. SL's mom died afte having only 4 foals, 3 are winners and one is supposed to step up to listed company this year. And Fraamtastic is English bred by Fraam and she is a full sister to a graded stakes horse in Dayglow Dancer. Other than Fraamtastic I tend to go for American pedigrees as per my American self!
Make sure you post pictures of your new addition when he/she arrives!

Terri

LaurieB
Feb. 17, 2008, 07:09 PM
Best of luck to both of you with your opcoming foals! We're breeding racehorses here, too. At least we'd like to think so. :lol:

We have a Broken Vow filly so far, and unfortunately our second mare that was due lost her foal. We're expecting three more: a Lemon Drop Kid, a Grand Slam, and another Broken Vow.

Laurierace
Feb. 17, 2008, 07:16 PM
Best of luck to both of you with your opcoming foals! We're breeding racehorses here, too. At least we'd like to think so. :lol:

We have a Broken Vow filly so far, and unfortunately our second mare that was due lost her foal. We're expecting three more: a Lemon Drop Kid, a Grand Slam, and another Broken Vow.

No fair coming in here and touting your Who's Who list!

LaurieB
Feb. 17, 2008, 08:05 PM
Hey Laurie, I've been following your saga on the Sport Horse Breeding Forum. I understand things are close. Now when is that foal of yours going to appear?

And I hope there will be pictures when he/she does. :)

Laurierace
Feb. 17, 2008, 08:09 PM
Lord only knows! I am starting to think maybe I have just really overfed her!

Huntersmom
Feb. 17, 2008, 08:24 PM
Hey everybody, I am a racing fan, but mostly an H/J person. My hubby's broodmare Katie's Girl (Sire: Distinctive Pro, Dam: Mile High Glory), and she is breed to Flame Thrower. Well, we will see what we get.

witherbee
Feb. 17, 2008, 11:02 PM
On foal watch here for an Ide mare in foal to Freefourinternet - this will be her second foal. She was due on teh 7th and is bagged up, but not waxed. Should be another day or two, but am watching her this evening.

Also expecting a Sarava foal out of our Flying Continental mare. Her granddam is the dam of Lost Code, so we are excited about the cross to Sarava. Sarava means "luck", so maybe we'll have a "Lucky Code". Dam's name is "Not A Nice Girl", so we're hoping she doesn't live up to the name when her first foal drops - she can be a tough mare to get along with lol! Should be a lovely black foal (both parents are black).

Best wishes to all expectant owners!

MardiGrasTimeStable
Feb. 22, 2008, 12:01 PM
We've got two mares due - both bred to one of the farm stallions (Bar V Cu Chulainn).
Supposed to be due mid-March according to the records I inherited on them....

One older mare (Miss Stride)- twins in her past (not this year), also has had stillborn twice. She's bagged already and is starting to get loose in the hips/tail, foal looks like it's been dropping lower the past week.

The other is a madien mare (SA Girl)- foal very noticable drop this week, tail head is soft she's been soft and loose behind for a couple of weeks. But NO BAG - grrrr - nice Milk Vein is there according to the vet. Hoping she's going to bag right before she foals - her mother did that her first foal.

[The madien mare's dam was just put down this past week... she managed to break a leg in turnout :no: (and no we have NO clue how she managed that unless she took a kick from the yearlings she was turned out with)]

Stalls are ready...mares are still on turn-out for another few weeks... just keeping close eyes on them both.

Full Stride
Feb. 27, 2008, 03:28 PM
We have two due in April..

Gallapiatsprincess is in foal to Dayjur.. we plan to stay close to Shadwell's custom of Arabic names for their horses and the top choice for a filly is of course "Emira," (Princess!) She is a fat mare and you can only just discern that she's pregnant if you look at the filling behind her ribcage!

Mercedes Power is in foal to Sugar's Saint, possibly the least advertised stallion in the world. I'm not even sure what he looks like. I'm not even sure he exists. We'll see. The mare is GIGANTIC in her belly.. my husband worries that she will have twins.. I worry that she will have it TOMORROW. I seriously question the breeding date. No bag to speak of and no real loss of musculature but still...

For next year, Gallapiatsprincess is going to Bachelor Blues and Mercedes is going to Western Pride.

Big_Tag
Feb. 28, 2008, 11:23 PM
I guess with the infinitesimal STB following on this board, no one will care ;) but we're expecting an SJ's Caviar (PA) out of our mare this year, and she will be bred back to Conway Hall (NY). We are breeding our two maiden mares to Like A Prayer (KY) and Broadway Hall (PA).

This is the mare going to Like A Prayer. Isn't she just the cutest STB you've ever seen?:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v303/RouxKazoo/Picture036.jpg

Acertainsmile
Feb. 28, 2008, 11:39 PM
Good luck everyone!

We have a mare due on the 9th of March... so the watch begins... she is in foal to Lionhearted...(second foal by this stallion) and we LOVE her yearing filly! Hope we get another just as nice!

Full Stride
Feb. 29, 2008, 08:15 AM
Big_Tag, I LOVE Standardbreds.. I am a Keller after all, you know, so it is in the blood :) I used to have a lovely one named Cinderella. Such amazing shoulders on those horses. Yours is lovely!

witherbee
Feb. 29, 2008, 03:53 PM
Here's our first of the seasob (born 2-22-08 at 2:30am). Mom and baby are fine - baby is "unfolding" more by the day - the back ankle is down and the fronts are much better.
Barn name "Lucy" by Freeforinternet out of Witherbee Hall (Ide):

http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/wtryan/2008%20foals/?albumview=slideshow

Some little videos:
http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/wtryan/2008%20foals/?action=view&current=MVI_0615.flv
http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/wtryan/2008%20foals/?action=view&current=MVI_0614-1.flv
http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/wtryan/2008%20foals/?action=view&current=MVI_0613.flv

Laurierace
Feb. 29, 2008, 03:57 PM
She is beautiful as is that green grass in your pasture! Congrats!

Texarkana
Feb. 29, 2008, 04:05 PM
She's adorable Witherbee! Congrats!

And Big_Tag-- That IS the cutest STB mare I've ever seen!

witherbee
Feb. 29, 2008, 04:10 PM
Thanks Laurierace - not as correct or big as your baby, but she should straighten up and her mom throws peanuts (with speed). Either way, she's precious with that little off-center chili pepper on her forehead - she's a firecracker!

LaurieB
Feb. 29, 2008, 05:19 PM
Congratulations! She looks great. :)

Laurierace
Feb. 29, 2008, 06:06 PM
Be careful what you wish for! Allie is getting a little too big for her britches. She doesn't seem to think that there are any rules and that she can do as she pleases. Including knocking the farm owner over when he tried to hold her so we could put the halter on. Including kicking at you with both feet if she felt like it. She kicked at Olivia so I went out of the stall to get a whip with a popper on the end to make a loud sound. I came in the stall and she fired at me and came extremely close to kicking me in the chest, she actually hit my coat. So we got an education in not kicking. I took the whip and rubbed her gently on her legs and hindquarters, when she accepted it, she got an nice pat, when she kicked, she got a sharp swat. The nice thing is I was far enough away that she wasn't completely sure where it was coming from, all she knew is when she kicked her legs out, she got swatted. Jess is coming to the end of her patience as well, she has started biting her when she kicks at her while nursing. What a little hellion!