PDA

View Full Version : other endurance discussion forums

Fiat Lux
Feb. 16, 2008, 01:20 PM
Can you folks recommend some good endurance boards/discussion forums (other than COTH)?
Thanks!

sunhawk
Feb. 16, 2008, 01:22 PM
Ridecamp at endurance.net

pandorasboxx
Feb. 16, 2008, 03:08 PM
Ridecamp is THE endurance discussion forum. COTH is just a little dabble here and there. :winkgrin:

Auventera Two
Feb. 16, 2008, 03:11 PM
Ridecamp is great, but it's an old style board and isn't like coth. You have to submit messages to an admin who approves them, then posts them. The pages error out on me every time I try. It's cumbersome to use and not well put together. But the info contained in it is very good. You could read for months and never get through everything.

pandorasboxx
Feb. 16, 2008, 03:20 PM
Hey A2 are you on dialup? When I submit a response to ridecamp it shows up within two minutes tops. I'm on high speed and don't have the problem of pages erroring out.

To the OP: I would definitely do a search in the ridecamp archives before asking questions. Generally, subjects have been covered many many times such as training and conditioning, saddles, bits etc. After searching the archives, you may be able to refine your questions to get a better response rate. There are some wonderful vets, farriers and knowledgable competitors on there.

Also, www.aerc.org is full of very detailed advice about nutrition, training and what actually occurs at a ride. When I first got into endurance, this was the site that answered most of my questions. Ridecamp did the rest.

Good Luck!

Auventera Two
Feb. 16, 2008, 04:08 PM
No, I'm on high speed both home and work.

I get an error when I try to sign up for a new account. The page says "something is broken so email..........." So I email, then get a response from Steph saying everything is good to go. But I still cant log in, can't post, can't access my account, etc. We've tried several times to resolve it but it never works.

DarkRide
Feb. 16, 2008, 06:22 PM
A2 - Are you a mac user? I often have this problem. Normally involves Safari or my operating system...

Dalriada
Feb. 17, 2008, 12:23 PM
Try the BB at www.octra.on.ca. It's Ontario, Canada based but there are some good discussions.

Auventera Two
Feb. 17, 2008, 02:55 PM
A2 -

You don't have to log in. Simply send your post via e-mail to ridecamp@endurance.net and it will upload to the site automatically. Try it.

I will post on there very rarely -- I don't subscribe, nor do I get the daily postings. Yet I have no problem posting a message on the board. Frankly, I get tired of the Ridecamp squabbles and sniping, the same-ol-same-ol (which gets really old after a while) and the recycle of same topics over and over again. I find more in-depth, serious conversation on the AERC Members forum (http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/AERCMembersForum/) but that tends to be focused almost solely on AERC stuff, not general endurance.

Can you link me to the Ridecamp forums that you're talking about? Im starting to think we're talking about 2 different things alltogether. The Ridecamp that I know of is not a discussion board like this. It's just articles and pictures that people can submit. I don't know how there could be any squabbles because it's just a posting of articles. Like The Horse website. You just look up articles on say "conditioning" and you get a few pages of conditioning articles written by vets or long time riders. So I'm thinking we're talking about two different websites. So there's a chat section of it where just anybody can post? I guess I'm totally confused now.

I go to endurance.net. Then click Ridecamp.

Camelot
Feb. 17, 2008, 03:44 PM
Ridecamp is an email list, not a discussion board. Traffic can get very high but you can subscribe to a Digest version.

Astraled
Feb. 17, 2008, 04:20 PM
Ride Camp Archives (http://www.endurance.net/RideCamp/archives/past/08/8/)

Auventera Two
Feb. 17, 2008, 07:05 PM
Would ya look at that. You learn something every day! :eek: :lol:

I just get into Ridecamp and then read the stuff under the "Stories, Endurance Tracks, Snapshots, etc." headings. I didn't know there was more than that. Holy cow. I'll be busy for 3 years now! :lol: