PDA

View Full Version : The best super bowl commercial ever

Texarkana
Feb. 3, 2008, 10:58 PM
So where's that thread about how we should be out-crossing TBs for sturdier race horses? Maybe they were on to something. Apparently Chunk Of Love is half Clydesdale on her mother's side. ;)

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=27486586

elmerandharriet
Feb. 3, 2008, 11:04 PM
did you see the shaq commercial it was great! on the slow race horse and shaq wins it buy a nose

Acertainsmile
Feb. 3, 2008, 11:57 PM
I saw it and loved it! We were cracking up...loved when the jock "high fived" him at the end...too funny... I need a copy!

WindyIsles
Feb. 4, 2008, 12:10 AM
:lol: I was laughing so hard during it.

miss_critic
Feb. 4, 2008, 12:22 AM
Yeah, even if it was special effects and a stunt rider on a fake horse, how'd they get a guy that big to get in that position!
I couldn't catch the name of the filly...did anybody? I liked the Clyds commercial, Rocky music and all.

BUT, the game itself was just great. Way to go Eli (I'm not even a Giants fan) and that defense-wow! It did make me think, what if like Awesome Gem, a nice horse, but not great, won teh BC last year....who would've been horse of the year?

Texarkana
Feb. 4, 2008, 07:19 AM
I couldn't catch the name of the filly...did anybody?

Chunk of Love, like I said in the original post. Did you guys not catch I was talking about the Shaq commercial? I even posted the video link! If you watch the link I posted, it says "She's half clydesdale on her mothers side, not usually known for speed."

So where's that thread about how we should be out-crossing TBs for sturdier race horses? Maybe they were on to something. Apparently Chunk Of Love is half Clydesdale on her mother's side.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=27486586

Linny
Feb. 4, 2008, 09:42 AM
There is a mare on the NY circuit named Chunk of Love. I thought the ad was hilarious.

Glimmerglass
Feb. 4, 2008, 10:32 AM
So where's that thread about how we should be out-crossing TBs for sturdier race horses? Maybe they were on to something. Apparently Chunk Of Love is half Clydesdale on her mother's side.

Not to be dense but is there really a 'Chunk of Love' - or was that just an assigned name for the ad? As Linny pointed out there is a NY runner (mare) who has that name and has done very well with her career.

I liked the Audi ad with spin on the classic The Godfather scene but using the Mercedes grill instead of the horse head ;)

miss_critic
Feb. 4, 2008, 12:26 PM
Chunk of Love, like I said in the original post. Did you guys not catch I was talking about the Shaq commercial?"

Sorry! It was late!!!! But yeah I konw which one you're talkin about. :)

lesson junkie
Feb. 4, 2008, 07:07 PM
Does anyone remember the commercial from a few years ago where the pony came out of the Crackerjacks bag?

Milocalwinnings
Feb. 4, 2008, 09:31 PM
Thanks for posting the link! I had heard about the commercial but missed it... really wanted to see it! It was great:lol:

holmes
Feb. 5, 2008, 12:02 AM
Between going in the box and paying off the clerk he will be fine.

Kenike
Feb. 5, 2008, 01:05 AM
did you see the shaq commercial it was great! on the slow race horse and shaq wins it buy a nose

My hubby and I were ROLLING over that one!! It was hillarious!!

Equus34
Feb. 12, 2008, 08:01 AM
My husband was watching the Superbowl with friends and I was in the other room working on completing a big wine glass order. All of the sudden my husband calls me into the family room and says you have to see this comercial. Thank goodness for DVR's huh...

Since both my husband and I are retired jockeys and several of our friends who were at our house watching the superbowl are jockeys we were all laughing our butts off.

What a great comercial. Did you happen to notice in the win photo Shaq has his hand over on the other horses nose holding him back. Too funny...

www.cmmbarnbrats.com