PDA

View Full Version : Here we go!

Laurierace
Jan. 29, 2008, 07:34 PM
I just came back from hooking the foal cam up. We are live on the net! You may have to refresh the home page on my site to get the new link to the foal cam to come up, but there are links on the left side of the home page and also on the bottom of most other pages.
Some people are having problems connecting. If that happens to you click the MareStare.com link on the top of the foal cam and go to their cam viewing problems section. I figure if I can see it on three computers then there isn't a problem with the setup on this end. The link to my site is in my signature or you can link it through the marestare.com site, go to live cams then click on the M's and scroll down until you find McDowell racing stables.
Here we go!

Barnfairy
Jan. 29, 2008, 08:47 PM
It works!

I'm so excited for you! Fingers crossed for smooth foaling.

DLee
Jan. 29, 2008, 08:55 PM
How fun! I've got it bookmarked, good luck! I still have 60 days to go I hope... :D

miss_critic
Jan. 29, 2008, 09:09 PM
How cool. Thanks for sharing. Who are we watching?

Laurierace
Jan. 29, 2008, 09:19 PM
Her name is Quite an Evening, but I call her Jess. She is my pride and joy. She was my first foal so this foal is part of my second generation. She is 316 days today, due on Feb. 23rd but delivered her first foal at 351 days which would be March 3rd. We could be in for a long wait. The bad news is I have only had the cam online a few hours and already had to drive the 15 miles back to the barn to dial up aol again. I hope that isn't indicative of it's reliability otherwise I will be spending a lot of time in the tack room.

miss_critic
Jan. 29, 2008, 09:24 PM
There was something really weird about watching Jess pee from my own home :)

Sounds like the technical difficulty is with the internet provider, no?

Laurierace
Jan. 29, 2008, 09:29 PM
There was something really weird about watching Jess pee from my own home :)

Sounds like the technical difficulty is with the internet provider, no?

It could be, I don't know. I had to use dial up at the barn so I think that could be part of the problem right there. I don't know if some IPs are more reliable than others with dial up or not.

Laurierace
Jan. 30, 2008, 01:59 PM
Well I went out to the barn last night and dialed it back up to the internet and it has been online ever since. Hope it stays that way. I am about to leave to go to the doctor, I have the cold from hell I think but want to make sure that is all it is. I am glad I had this to watch in my nice warm house instead of having to head to the barn. I will go check on her later tonight to do her milk check and clean her stall again. The barn does it once and I do it once because she is not only eating for two but pooping for two as well.

Kenike
Feb. 1, 2008, 01:54 AM
Ugh...I've been trying for 2 days to get your cam up, Laurie.....haven't been able to connect once!
I hope your appointment went alright and that you're feeling better :)

Laurierace
Feb. 1, 2008, 08:45 AM
I have the computer in my house at the moment, so don't even bother trying to connect. Marestare was going to remote into the computer to make sure all the settings were right but we couldn't get the remote software to load over dial up so I brought it home. So far we haven't had much luck getting it to load over the cable either but at least the failures were faster! I think I finally got the software working late last night, now I am waiting for marestare to get back to me and see if I was successful.
If worst comes to worst, I may just teach everyone at the barn how to dial it back up again. Between all of us there is someone there most of the time, just not overnight. Last one out the door make sure the stupid computer is on!

Texarkana
Feb. 1, 2008, 09:45 AM
If Jess wants to hold out until 353 days, she can have a birthday foal for me. :)

However, I certainly don't wish all that waiting upon YOU.

I hope you can get all the kinks worked out. I'd love to see Jess when she finally pops.

Milocalwinnings
Feb. 1, 2008, 10:00 AM
So if I'm understanding you correctly, we won't be able to connect right now, correct?

I tried to get it up but it says that it can't connect to a live sourse... so I just want to make sure it's not my computer!

Do let us know when you've got it back up and running again!:yes:

Laurierace
Feb. 1, 2008, 01:55 PM
Ok, its back up. I don't know if we fixed the problem or not but for now its working. I am on the verge of a breakdown over this whole mess but that's another topic!

Kenike
Feb. 1, 2008, 02:11 PM
Yay, I got it up!!!

Thanks, Laurie

Maybeapril
Feb. 1, 2008, 04:40 PM
Oh that is so cool! I love just watching her walk around and stick her head out of the stall! Very cool!

Milocalwinnings
Feb. 1, 2008, 04:45 PM
Yay! Got it up and running now!

Laurierace
Feb. 1, 2008, 04:45 PM
So I guess I can go to bed and you guys can call me and wake me up in a few weeks when she goes into labor huh?!

Maybeapril
Feb. 1, 2008, 04:48 PM
Sure we will give you a call :D
I think I will just keep her up on my computer at work and click on the link during the day...there is something very relaxing about watching her.

Barnfairy
Feb. 1, 2008, 05:00 PM
I love the idea of this --many watchful eyes-- but OTOH I'd be worried about getting a constant stream of phone calls every time the mare lies down! Looks at her side! Lifts her tail! Just looks different today! :lol:

Laurierace
Feb. 1, 2008, 06:17 PM
I love the idea of this --many watchful eyes-- but OTOH I'd be worried about getting a constant stream of phone calls every time the mare lies down! Looks at her side! Lifts her tail! Just looks different today! :lol:

I did think about that, its kind of scary having your phone number right out in the open like that. This day and age anyone can find anything the want though so all I did was save them a little time. I was thinking maybe I need to have them add guidelines to determining what labor looks like. I am waiting for someone to complain that she never has any water. Somehow the cam shoots right through the water to the bottom of the bucket making it appear empty. A couple of times I swished my hand in the water to demonstrate that there was water in it and then I realized that I was an idiot and stopped!

Texarkana
Feb. 1, 2008, 08:07 PM
I am waiting for someone to complain that she never has any water. Somehow the cam shoots right through the water to the bottom of the bucket making it appear empty. A couple of times I swished my hand in the water to demonstrate that there was water in it and then I realized that I was an idiot and stopped!

LMAO! :lol:

Maybeapril
Feb. 19, 2008, 01:50 PM
It looks like Jess is going to have her baby any time now. The message board on her site says it could be soon!

Barnfairy
Feb. 21, 2008, 02:03 PM
Congratulations!

'Hope all is well with momma, baby, and caretakers. :)

Laurierace
Feb. 21, 2008, 08:17 PM
Thank you! Everything went great even though I missed it myself. I was watching at home on the camera waiting for signs of labor. She was standing quietly munching hay all night and out of the blue went down and then there were feet! It wasn't two seconds later! So I called the farm owner and he ran out there and had her out by the time I got there 10 minutes later. Then he said goodnight and went back to bed! So I didn't foal her out myself but I did everything else.
Here are some pics, my good camera went dead of course so I had to use the back up camera. At least I was smart enough to bring one. Some of the pics are blurry but worth sharing anyway.
http://community.webshots.com/album/562569419ivaVVE

luvmytbs
Feb. 21, 2008, 08:29 PM
Congratulations to a beautiful little one.

And look, she is already learning how to run with Mom. Yup, winner of the future.

Norcrest
Feb. 21, 2008, 08:30 PM
Congrats Laurie!

Xctrygirl
Feb. 21, 2008, 08:47 PM
Ha you were right!!!!

CONGRATS!!!!!! She looks great.

Hope momma and baby are well.

~Emily

dressagetraks
Feb. 21, 2008, 08:55 PM
Congratulations!

Barnfairy
Feb. 21, 2008, 09:00 PM
Oh my goodness. 'Running already! 'Atta girl!

Jess looks great!

Thanks for letting us all look in.

Laurierace
Feb. 22, 2008, 09:20 AM
I submitted Quite An Eclipse to the JC, there were no matches so hopefully I will get it. It isn't a very ladylike name, but it seemed like a no-brainer which is right up my alley at this point. I have two years to name her, but that one was too perfect to take a chance on someone else taking. Allie is ladylike enough to overcome her name.

Texarkana
Feb. 22, 2008, 09:38 AM
Congratulations!!! :D

texang73
Feb. 22, 2008, 10:05 AM
Congratulations! She is beautiful!!! :yes:

SleepyFox
Feb. 22, 2008, 10:20 AM
Congratulations!