PDA

View Full Version : How do you make money on the side?

sharri13
Jan. 23, 2008, 04:34 PM
Hi everyone - I am wondering how many of you make money outside of your typical occupation. What side jobs do you do? What have you found to be the most successful? This may be more tailored to the amateur rider.

rivenoak
Jan. 23, 2008, 04:56 PM
I do it through lots of little side jobs:

* needlepoint belts
* ribbon-covered brow-bands
* tack repair
* clothing repair/alterations
* make some bellydance costumes/sell my own cast-offs
* sell stuff on eBay; I even sort of arbitrage saddles sometimes
* sell skin care/makeup
* braid at shows
* work in office at shows (new)

And, I could always work overtime at my 9-5. It's usually available.

I've got other ideas in the works. It all adds up. :winkgrin:

minniemoore
Jan. 23, 2008, 05:15 PM
For me it's body clipping...I don't have many clients, so I can easily schedule when it's a good time for me. I also really enjoy doing it.

gillenwaterfarm
Jan. 23, 2008, 05:26 PM
I work at Starbucks part time for horse show $. I work about 15-20 hours a week at this, and it adds up to an extra $500 per month. It's a fun, no stress, job, and the people I work with are a great bunch. The best perk (pun intended) is that I get a pound of coffee beans each week, and free drinks while on shift. :)

Sithly
Jan. 23, 2008, 05:29 PM
Photography. I'm also considering another part-time job for the summer.

GansMyMan
Jan. 23, 2008, 05:37 PM
When I was in college, and you could still do it, I sold my plasma. It was a really good gig. My friend plays the organ and does a lot funerals. Pet watching is a good job. Bartending is always a good way to make a few extra bucks. I make my own jewelry which is actually an added expense because it takes too much effort to sell it. Babysitting, blech. Other than that all the things I think of require actual talent. Of which I have plenty if you're discussing having a beer and thinking up dumb ways to get hurt on your horse. Otherwise, I'm tapped.

RAyers
Jan. 23, 2008, 05:46 PM
Haul horses cross country or around town on the weekends. I would be considered a "custom hauler."

Reed

sarapony
Jan. 23, 2008, 06:07 PM
First, I am what I refer to as a faux-pro. I have FT non-horse job, however due to the rules, I am technically a professional horse person. Second, that gives me a little bit more lee-way in how I earn money. I farm-sit (my main source of spare cash), I braid, I teach a few lessons extra lessons and ride the occasional semi-rank horse

enjoytheride
Jan. 23, 2008, 06:13 PM
I hear strippers make good money

rivenoak
Jan. 23, 2008, 06:15 PM
Oh yeah, I body-clip, too. How'd I block out the memory of all those stray bits of hair up my nose, in my ears, etc?

I am also an art model. Yup, I pose in the nude! Harder work than you think. I only work at schools or with professional artists & have my own "agent/bodyguard." John is the first artist I modeled for and has become a friend. He'll book me jobs with other artists & accompany me to ensure I am safe and paid.

I'll do just about anything I can for some spare cash. ;):eek::lol:

oldbutnotdead
Jan. 23, 2008, 06:41 PM
Rivenoak, putting the phrases "body clip" and "art model . . . in the nude" in the same posting --- snort!

Oh, what things our love for our horses makes us do!

As for me, I teach at Univerity of Phoenix for extra money, and, sometimes, mysteryshop at fine dining (and drinking) establishments.

GansMyMan
Jan. 23, 2008, 07:59 PM
I art modeled one time. Who'd have thought someone could maintain a blush for that long?... even through some serious muscle cramps trying to hold still for extended periods. I have a friend who did that as well and she has some very nice pieces of herself naked.

LookinSouth
Jan. 23, 2008, 08:29 PM
For the most part I just pick up extra duties/hours afterschool that are paid. I usually only have to do it once or twice a week and it provides me with enough money to take regular lessons and go to clinics. It pays well but it is not fun work :no:
I also proctor the SAT's once a month and that covers my entries to a unsanctioned HT or clinic. That's a really easy gig.

This past summer I worked at a kennel and ran Doggie Day camp. It was alot of fun and a pretty easy job but I think this year I'll probably try to come up with something else that pays more per hour. Like private tutoring or something of the sort.

eventer_mi
Jan. 23, 2008, 08:40 PM
Great thread! I have a favor to ask - how does one get these kind of jobs (i.e. proctoring the SATs, etc?)

I teach two students twice a month. I only charge a minimal amount, so I'm safe within the $2500/year rule to stay an ammy for the USEA. I've also done some logo design/iconography, but I'd love to do little things like proctoring the SATs, and such. Do tell!

goodmorning
Jan. 23, 2008, 08:57 PM
I proctored the SATs too! Talk about an easy job - and a decent paycheck! I think someone posted something or told my advisor from school (college) and I did it a few times.

I ditto clipping! I've made some big $$'s clipping!

glfprncs
Jan. 23, 2008, 09:13 PM
I caddie at the private club 10 minutes down the street. It pays me $120 a loop, and I generally only loop one day a week while I work full time (I'm at the golf course by 7:00 a.m., and gone by noon). During Master's Tournament week, the golf course where I caddie is swamped, and since it's my spring break, I commit to caddying Sunday to Sunday. I generally pocket a couple grand by the end of the week with my daily pay, end of week bonus for not missing a bag, and any tips I may receive.

It does help that I play golf, and am married to a caddie/pro golfer. I have some 'ins' in some nice clubs both here and out west. It also gets me in REALLY good shape.

Gnep
Jan. 24, 2008, 12:16 AM
rivenoak, do you belli dance too, I come to your show to see that. I got an idea, it is so absolutely stupid, I ride a training X-C in one of your belly dancer outfits at Coconino and we auction that ride of, what ya think lady, lets do it for the Spring Coco and we use the money for jumps in the summer. I aint going to shave my legs for it, though.

Have an auction on the BB and through out Area X, hihihihhihi that should be fun, just think of the jump judges, gigigigle when they see me and my Woman.

We post pre show pictures, show pictures, maybe I could even do the dressage that way, hihihihihi with a belly button jewel, I am about to burst

SEVEN THIRTY SIX, pruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust

1000 Dollar Gringo as a starting Price, gigigigigigigiggigigil

hey101
Jan. 24, 2008, 12:42 AM
Although I am not involved in the OTTB thing now due to a change in circumstances, I made some very nice money over the past three years buying and reselling OTTB's and one nice draft-cross. Although all that money and then some promptly got dumped right back into a ring and a barn remodel, so I still came out in the red! :lol: Whatever, I had a great time and I learned a ton by riding all kinds of different horses so no matter what, I consider it to be invaluable riding and horsemanship education.

For the resale thing to work, you really need your own place. I don't see how this can be profitable for the average ammie at a boarding barn (a trainer maybe, who could flip horses quickly before the board bills eclipse any profit to be made). I usually had my guys about a year before I resold them- at home, about $2000-2500 worth of basic expenses (feed, hay, sups if needed, wormer, shoes) but assuming no medical issues, but at a boarding barn, that would be far too long for me to have made any real money, at least not the kind of money that would finance a new ring or barn floor/drainage system.

texaseventer
Jan. 24, 2008, 09:39 AM
I am a personal trainer on the side - I used to do it full time years ago, but always kept my certification up, which has turned out to be a great thing since it's a good source of extra cash and my schedule is flexible! Plus I meet wonderful people and it helps keep me fit (well, at least it helps embarass me into not getting too terribly out of shape!)

deltawave
Jan. 24, 2008, 11:26 AM
Gnep, just dress the part and sell a calendar. I'll buy one! :D

Fence2Fence
Jan. 24, 2008, 01:38 PM
I'd buy the calendar too. I'd hang it in my office, right where people could see it when they walk in. I think it would help diffuse irate clients to see Gnep in a belly dancer costume jumping cross country. Maybe it would help them forget why they stopped by my office, lol.

I don't have any paying side jobs; I've just steadily worked on getting promoted. I did have a vegetable garden this summer and that helped decrease the grocery bill some. I do plan on having a bigger garden this summer and in the next year plan on planting a couple of pear and peach trees.

rivenoak
Jan. 24, 2008, 04:33 PM
Gnep,
Yes, I do actually bellydance.

It's a highlight at one of our hunting joint meets now: I dance at one of the dinners. The first one was a birthday surprise for our host John. He was so embarrassed he couldn't look at me the next morning. :lol:

I've got lots of costumes with pants so you don't have to shave those legs. We might have to stuff the bras, though. :cool:

This is a great fund-raising idea. Hee hee hee hee hee! I love the way you think.

GansMyMan
Jan. 24, 2008, 04:57 PM
Blinged out bellboot bodice, chaps, tightie whities riddled with crystals and beer tabs... You have to shake your money maker and make a fly mask face veil. A fly whisk wouldn't go amiss. The possibilities are endless. Spontaneous Dancer/Poet, isn't that a side job?

LookinSouth
Jan. 24, 2008, 06:19 PM
Great thread! I have a favor to ask - how does one get these kind of jobs (i.e. proctoring the SATs, etc?)

I teach two students twice a month. I only charge a minimal amount, so I'm safe within the $2500/year rule to stay an ammy for the USEA. I've also done some logo design/iconography, but I'd love to do little things like proctoring the SATs, and such. Do tell!

Hmmmm I don't really have any great advice for landing a SAT proctoring job unless you are a certified teacher in your state. I get asked to proctor at the high school that I teach at. The principal there only hires his employees and their spouses (or others his staff recommends) for the SAT gigs. They don't just hire people off the street for safety reasons I would think.:winkgrin:

That said, it is worth calling your local high school or surrounding towns to see if they need people. Or if you know someone that works in a school system perhaps ask them about it. Don't just take my word for it, certainly look into it for yourself as well.

LookinSouth
Jan. 24, 2008, 06:25 PM
I caddie at the private club 10 minutes down the street. It pays me $120 a loop, and I generally only loop one day a week while I work full time (I'm at the golf course by 7:00 a.m., and gone by noon). During Master's Tournament week, the golf course where I caddie is swamped, and since it's my spring break, I commit to caddying Sunday to Sunday. I generally pocket a couple grand by the end of the week with my daily pay, end of week bonus for not missing a bag, and any tips I may receive.

It does help that I play golf, and am married to a caddie/pro golfer. I have some 'ins' in some nice clubs both here and out west. It also gets me in REALLY good shape.

How does one become a caddy? Any suggestions? Or better yet leads for caddy gigs in CT :D
That would be the perfect summer job for me since I have the summers off.

ss3777
Jan. 24, 2008, 06:38 PM
Real Estate = "real bills" (mortgage, son's tuition, heat etc etc etc)
work mornings at my trainer's barn = horse bills

Seems to work and keep me fit :)

eventgroupie2
Jan. 24, 2008, 06:49 PM
I supplement my part time administrative assistant job with sales of my equine stained glass.

upnoverfarm
Jan. 24, 2008, 06:50 PM
Rivenoak: I'm a fellow bellydancer. You shimmy girl! Its such a great fun way to tone your core muscles. I performed with a group called Behind the Masque in Augusta GA for a while but I've stopped performing and just do it for fun. Where do you perform? I'd love to cheer you on.

Gnep
Jan. 24, 2008, 08:40 PM
Rivenoak, its a deal. I think I will take the Ugly Bitch her first Training at the first Coconino and it would be a perfect opportunity to have some fun.

eventer_mi
Jan. 24, 2008, 09:14 PM
LookinSouth - it just so happens that I AM a certified teacher. An out of work teacher, but I'm definitely certified. I'll look into that - thanks!

Ditton on the caddying thing. I'd love to do that during the summers.

glfprncs
Jan. 24, 2008, 10:01 PM
For those of you who have expressed an interest in caddying, my best advice to you is to call around to private golf clubs and first see if anyone has a caddie program. Most clubs today do not have them, unless they're quite exclusive. In addition, there is a company called Caddie Master Enterprises, Inc., who is based in North Carolina (Pinehurst). They run many caddie programs throughout the United States (Pinehurst, Augusta National, Sea Pines, Whistling Straits, Pebble Beach, etc.), and if you could get in with them, you would have the opportunity to caddie at a variety of places around the U.S. They are, however, a corportaion, so you're paid every other week and taxes are removed, so the gig isn't quite as lucrative as those in which you are paid in 'other' manners.

Also, you really do need to know the golf game. While as a caddie, I rarely ever select clubs for players, you do need to understand how to read putts on greens, as well as understand how the grain of grass can affect the roll of the golf ball, be able to determine how the wind will affect distance with club selection, be able to give accurate yardages to the green/fairway bunker/etc., be able to carry a golf bag (or two) for 4+ hours, and know when to keep you mouth closed.

That said, I got my job because my husband caddied at Augusta National, and he was asked to come to Colorado to caddie for the summer. We were a 2 for 1 deal...if they wanted him, they got me as well. My husband taught me the ropes (though I had caddied for him in Nationwide Tournaments), and I've advanced through the program in the past 3 years. I now caddie at 3 different golf courses, part-time, throughout the year (Castle Pines, Colorado, Eagle Springs, Colorado, and Sage Valley, South Carolina).

texang73
Jan. 24, 2008, 10:05 PM
Hi everyone - I am wondering how many of you make money outside of your typical occupation. What side jobs do you do? What have you found to be the most successful? This may be more tailored to the amateur rider.

Photograph horse shows and/or horse/people portraits on rare occasions... Doesn't make me much, but helps alittle. And I enjoy it.

And I just picked up a second job working at the local racetrack on weekends... so that pays for a couple tanks of gasoline!

texang73
Jan. 24, 2008, 10:09 PM
I am also an art model. Yup, I pose in the nude! Harder work than you think.

I have never been a artist's model, but was a studio art major in college, and seeing what the models had to deal with, I can verify it IS harder than it looks... :yes:

rivenoak
Jan. 24, 2008, 11:51 PM
upnover,
I dance primarily at student salons in local restaurants or at private gatherings (12th Night parties, etc) or recitals in the Phoenix area. I've had invitations to dance at zoo benefit dinners and things like that, but couldn't fit them in. A pal is trying to get me to gig at a particular restaurant, but my schedule's tough for that sort of thing.

I dance both tribal and cabaret styles. I find the tribal gives me a better arm workout, but those cabaret moves, esp shimmies and belly rolls, work my core like nothing else!

My li'l 3 person tribe, Ma'Isah, is thinking of re-forming and taking our tribal 'show' on the road to Reno for Wiggles of the West one of these years. :)

AIWA!!

And Gnep, you're on! We'll have some fun. :yes: I can bring a bunch of stuff up and we'll put together a costume for you. Think the Woman would put up with a li'l glitz on her browband or saddlepad? And how much beer is this going to require?! ;)

Jealoushe
Jan. 25, 2008, 12:48 PM
Work at a riding school on weekends, model and act...and have a full time job during the week. All my free time = riding time.

missamandarose
Jan. 25, 2008, 01:26 PM
I am on an email list for marketing research discussion panels; once I had to eat a LOT of different kinds of flavored corn chips. Ugh. They dont come too regularly, which is the down side, but they typically pay between $50 and $100 per 2 to 3 hours session.

I am also trying to get some little catering gigs, especially desserts, by word of mouth. Might have to consider getting a real part time job soon though. Show season is approaching!

Sweet Thing Eventing
Jan. 25, 2008, 03:52 PM
I work for AQHA as a "real" job.

But I was a vet tech all through high school and college and I LOVE the work, so I still help out on the weekends for my equine vet.

I also pull manes, clip, braid, clean stalls, feed/water....but most of that is all working off my horse's board and hay (I don't give the BO a monthly check.)

I too sell things on Ebay, but lately I have found that I am running short on items to sell. :cry:

To make some extra money I am breeding my miniature aussies, which will probably work out to having a litter in early spring....I can't wait!! :D

RAyers
Jan. 25, 2008, 04:07 PM
And Gnep, you're on! We'll have some fun. :yes: I can bring a bunch of stuff up and we'll put together a costume for you. Think the Woman would put up with a li'l glitz on her browband or saddlepad? And how much beer is this going to require?! ;)

I just decided I won't be entering the Spring Coconino now.

Reed

tx3dayeventer
Jan. 25, 2008, 04:13 PM
To make some extra money I am breeding my miniature aussies, which will probably work out to having a litter in early spring....I can't wait!! :D

I am very patiently awaiting a puppy :D I can not wait (ok so I actually can but it is tough).

For extra money I used to teach lessons and help people find horses for commission. I also used to pony and gallop racehorses in Ocala & at Retama in San Antonio. Good money but trashy people (only at Retama, not Ocala) :) Ocala is like the Waldorf-Astoria and Retama is like a nasty Knights Inn.

RunForIt
Jan. 25, 2008, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by rivenoak http://www.chronicleforums.com/Forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.chronicleforums.com/Forum/showthread.php?p=2961528#post2961528)

Rivenoak, its a deal. I think I will take the Ugly Bitch her first Training at the first Coconino and it would be a perfect opportunity to have some fun.

I just decided I won't be entering the Spring Coconino now.

Reed

:lol: I just came up with a super way to make extra $$$$ (copywrite on its way, y'all) A "coffee table" book of quotes and pics by and TO & From Gnep and RAyers! I'll be uber-rich! (yes, guys, you will get a commision. :D) The money tree at long last - and just in time! Hay needs to be ordered! :lol: :winkgrin:

rivenoak
Jan. 25, 2008, 06:29 PM
RAyers,

Whassamatta, you think Gnep can wiggle his fanny better than you? ;)

C'mon, you know you want to see this in person so you can give him hell for life. :lol:

snoopy
Jan. 25, 2008, 06:45 PM
RAyers,

C'mon, you know you want to see this in person so you can give him hell for life. :lol:

I wasn't aware that men HAD fannies.;)

rivenoak
Jan. 25, 2008, 06:54 PM
Snoops, I think they do when they're wearing sequins, beads, and shiny fabrics like a bellydancer. But, I could be mistaken! Maybe they still have @$$e$. :D (I'm at work...normally I don't not spell that, forgive me.)

Unless you mean fanny in the Southern Hemisphere sense of the word and then no, they don't. Ever. Unless they've had some major surgery. :o

RAyers
Jan. 25, 2008, 07:48 PM
RAyers,

God no, I value my eyesight too much.

Reed

snoopy
Jan. 25, 2008, 07:50 PM
Unless you mean fanny in the Southern Hemisphere sense of the word and then no, they don't. Ever. Unless they've had some major surgery. :o

That I do, glad someone got the joke.;)

Gnep
Jan. 25, 2008, 08:48 PM
Aaaaah Reed you are just afraid that I am going to ask you for a dance.
Rivenoak, you can have a go at the Ugly Bitch, but she will come as GI Jane.

I got a feeling that this will have miles.

And no surgeries, ladies, we swing you wiggle

eventgroupie2
Jan. 26, 2008, 11:54 AM
Opps, forgot to add that we also offer overnight boarding for shows and travelers since we have a couple empty stalls right now!

ApolloGirl
Jan. 26, 2008, 03:44 PM
I suppose I am an Odd one. I am still in College but, I have an A.S in Equine Science and working on my Finance B.S. I listen to wallstreet journal pod casts while reading this forum.

For extra money, I am the only girl / finance major who changes roommates flat tires, ( two in the last month:cool:) @ $15 each, trades stocks online, and restores old furniture during the summer, in addition to giving riding lessons, for extra cash, to pay for that dream farm in a few years. Cross your fingers.

This is what my parents got for letting me watch Indiana Jones movies over and over and over, when I was 5.

Jan. 26, 2008, 03:57 PM
I teach lessons, and take horses in training, as able, I buy and resell.

I make enough to put me out of ammie status....but its enough that it makes a difference in my ability to event and take lessons.

FrittSkritt
Jan. 26, 2008, 04:08 PM
Dancer at a strip club.

(Just kidding.)

Ruth0552
Jan. 26, 2008, 08:08 PM
Back in college I had an array of jobs during the summer, and tutored during the year. On the side I... dun dun dun... pulled manes, clipped and braided. Alas, now I am out of college...

So now I have a full-time job, and here and there I have side gigs riding friend's horses, taught a couple riding lessons last spring (I REALLY need to bite the bullet and do one of those stupid apprenticeship things so I can get a freakin' license but holy hell is it a waste of my time), and I make really pretty beaded jewelry that I sell through word of mouth. I just made a website, but it kinda sucks still.

I wish I could break into pulling/clipping/braiding around here but everyone I know is just like me: eventer on a budget. I need to find some friends that do hunter/jumpers.

Other things I have pondered include SAT tutoring and mystery shopping.

Oh, and I also sell stuff on ebay (or otherwise).

A friend of mine was talking about selling some eggs this summer... anyone tried that?

spacehorse
Jan. 26, 2008, 08:08 PM
While we are on this subject...does anyone know of any LEGIT work from home stuff? Data entry, etc? Seems like everything I come across is a bunch of bologna. PM if you like.

Lauren12
Jan. 26, 2008, 09:52 PM
I'm in college and I work about 15 hours during the week at a doctor's office, but on the weekends I found a job mucking stalls for $5 per stall.

$5 per stall x 24 stalls x 8 weekend days per months = hock injections, several shows, new bridle...It's a pretty good gig!

The boarders at the place I muck stalls at always take pity on me, being a poor college student with a horse, so I generally make some extra cash pulling a mane or two, or exercising a horse if the owner is going out of town.

I have also heard rumors that women can make a lot of money selling their eggs. I haven't really looked into it, but I've heard that fertility clinics will pay you several thousand dollars for just a few treatment visits and a small "harvesting" procedure. Has anyone done that?

Jan. 26, 2008, 10:30 PM
spacehorse....if you can work tech pubs, etc, I know of some work from home options that are available, PM me if you're interested, if I weren't tied into a contract with another employer I'd be doing that, they call it "virtual commuting" and its a good deal for someone who rides. 8 hours a day is 8 hours to them, they usually don't care when you're doing it

eloquence09
Jan. 26, 2008, 10:49 PM
I second that "are there any legit work from home options?"

If anyone knows anything about that shoot me a PM

Abberlaze
Jan. 26, 2008, 11:32 PM
Medical Transcriptionists work from home and usually make decent money. You need to complete a certification program, but the hours are very flexible and you just need a computer at your house. My friend's mom (divorced with 2 teenagers) does this so she can spend time with her daughters while still making a good living.

Miss Perfect
Jan. 26, 2008, 11:39 PM
I will pay good money to see Gnep AND RAyers belly dance! :winkgrin:

To make that good money, I farm-sit on the side, mostly for farms with sheep. I worked as a shepherd a long time ago, complete with hooked staff, border collie, and 250 sheep. Word got out among the local farmers that there was competent help for when they go on vacation, and I became quite busy! I don't do it as often anymore, but I sure have fun caring for sheep, horses, llamas, donkeys, goats, chickens, cats and dogs, etc. Experience with everything but cows!

GansMyMan
Jan. 27, 2008, 12:23 AM
Lauren, while egg donation may see like a lucrative option... be assured that those people don't play around! You have to have a full medical and psych eval. Your picture is attached to your record, because if the kid is going to look like you... people want to choose what that may look like. You have to go on birth control, inject yourself with fertility drugs and then the eggs are vacuumed up. The hormones will make you... hormonal, and you'd probably be under light general anesthesia for the retrieval process. Which means it hurts. Take it from someone who sold her plasma, be careful about how far you're willing to go. I'm a blood donor, but that doesn't count because you get a cookie. Ring a bell and I might drool for you too.

Gnep
Jan. 27, 2008, 12:33 AM
Oh by the way, making money on the side.
I built jumps, plow parking lots, neighbors, repair washers and dryers, at times if the horse interest me I do horses, some times if I like the person I give riding lessons, coach, for the ones I realy like and respect I give advice for free, but I must realy respect them for the free thing.
Besides that I have a business, with 6 employees.

ss3777
Jan. 27, 2008, 02:48 PM
I taught skiing one winter. Keeps you fit but picking the little kids up after they fall is killer on your back.

glfprncs
Jan. 27, 2008, 04:29 PM
I considered the egg harvesting things myself, but alas, I'm too old AND a genetic mutant, so they wouldn't want me anyhow. That said, a friend of mine did and swore even though she made great money for what she did, she'd never do it again. She was a raging hormonal witch, and wasn't too keen on the retrieval process.

DancingAppy
Jan. 27, 2008, 05:04 PM
Well, I just starting learning to sew so hopefully I'll get good enough to make and sell custom show clothes, as well as custom saddle pads/blankets/etc. I really just want to do the english stuff (hunters/dressage/saddleseat) but I know that there's a lot of money in the Western world, if you make good clothes.

I've done pet sitting in the past, as well as tutoring. After I get some more classes under my belt, I would like to do some grading/TA in college. Pay is pretty okay.

UMass Director
Jan. 27, 2008, 06:07 PM
My primary occupation is directing the UMass Equine Studies Program, my side is teaching at 4 stables in the area, one night a week each. My second side is teaching clinics on my free weekends...

and my third side is buying and selling motorcycles - sport bikes and collectables