PDA

View Full Version : Mark Todd has bought a 3* horse, aiming Beijing !!!

IfWishesWereHorses
Jan. 23, 2008, 01:21 AM
Yup, huge news here in NZ today..Mark todd has bought Gandalf, a gorgeous big young grey advanced horse. He's aiming for Beijing. Maybe he got tired of seeing the decline of eventing NZ lol.

Apparantly his kids were part motivation as they wanted to see their dad ride for his country etc.

Wahoooo!!!

lstevenson
Jan. 23, 2008, 01:31 AM
Really? That's great! It will be great to see him ride again. I've always considered him the best cross country rider in the world. Will he stay in NZ or go back to England to train?

IfWishesWereHorses
Jan. 23, 2008, 01:34 AM
I believe his plan is to run at PUhinui 3* here in March, then go to Badminton in May, and wait to see if the selectors will send him to beijing.

The horse he has bought is a crossbred too - given that he's a TB man through and through, I thought that was pretty cool.

The horse is by a paint sire too.

Badger
Jan. 23, 2008, 02:15 AM
This is going to be fun to watch.

http://www.horsetalk.co.nz/news/2008/01/116.shtml

http://www.tv3.co.nz/News/SportsNews/MarkToddemergesfromretirement/tabid/415/articleID/44134/cat/70/Default.aspx

Todd has to get requalified to ride at this level and if he has his eyes on Badmington as stated above, that is a lot to do in a small window (four months). I wonder if he'll bother to use that pesky ol' stirrup this time around?

I love that he has a horse named Gandolf. Very fitting for The Return of the King. Hopefully the gray will bring some magic to the table.

poltroon
Jan. 23, 2008, 02:29 AM
This is really, really cool.

Carol Ames
Jan. 23, 2008, 03:19 AM
I knew a big young gray "Gandolf ". afectionately :lol:called "goofy Gandolf"What is this horses' breeding?:winkgrin:

IfWishesWereHorses
Jan. 23, 2008, 03:32 AM
Carol, Gandalf was bought as a weanling by Angela Lloyd down here for (i think) $500. She broke him in and rode him through to winning the Richfields 3* in November (he's just turned 10). He's always in teh top few too, very consistant boy!

He is by Pintado Desparado who is a steel grey and white pinto stallion.

He's always been in NZ, though did compete at Adelaide CCI** once.

And re Marks qualifications, I think he will probably get a 2nd ride lined up to enable him to get his necessary qualifying runs in.
So exciting, can't wait to see him go! Gandalf is adorable!

And..I never clicked to that..>Gandolf..return of the king etc...thats VERY cool!

RunForIt
Jan. 23, 2008, 05:57 AM
Where will Mark ride Gandolf to qualify?!!!

WoW, now I have a reason to get excited about the Olympics! :D :cool:

Gryhrs
Jan. 23, 2008, 06:53 AM
MARK MAY BE BACK??!! That is just great news!! I have missed watching him ride. Where will he train.........wasn't he into racing......so glad he may be coming back to the dark side!

pwynnnorman
Jan. 23, 2008, 07:09 AM
OMG! This is sooo exciting. When will it hit the media so we can find out what he's thinking? Did he get bored, maybe?

Fence2Fence
Jan. 23, 2008, 07:54 AM
Wow, that's pretty dang cool! I guess I will be following the upcoming Olympics after all!

TwoStar3Day
Jan. 23, 2008, 08:17 AM
Mark Todd may love to race Thoroughbreds but his past history in eventing proves he likes some horses with a bit of the "Cross" in them. Charisma, though tiny, had a touch of Perch in him from his sire's side. His most notable cross and and his other wonderful Olympic and WEG horse Broadcast News was half Appaloosa.

The infinitely talented Broadcast News, a Te Awamutu bred solid coloured Appaloosa, took the F.E.I.'s Eventing Horse of the World title in 1998, ..

Time'l Tell, purebred Appaloosa is also the sire of Broadcast News , ridden by Mark Todd to great international success. Time'l Tell was imported from the USA.

TexasTB
Jan. 23, 2008, 08:17 AM
YESS!!
:D:D:D

How exciting is that??!!

tommygirl
Jan. 23, 2008, 08:35 AM
Where will Mark ride Gandolf to qualify?!!!

WoW, now I have a reason to get excited about the Olympics! :D :cool:

Now I have a reason too! I wonder what Mark with think of the new format???

flyingchange
Jan. 23, 2008, 08:36 AM
WAY COOL!!!!!! That is awesome, awesome news!!!!I had been thinking about him recently, thinking about how the void that he left when he left eventing has not come close to being filled.Very EXCITING!!!!

TwoStar3Day
Jan. 23, 2008, 08:45 AM
"He was available to be bought, so I flew up to Auckland, tried him out, had him vetted and it all happened very quickly. There wasn't a lot of planning involved, it all just happened," Todd said. "I'm looking at this as a challenge, as a bit of fun and I'm putting absolutely no pressure on myself. If it happens, it happens and that's how I'm approaching it."

"I've got to get my eye back in, I've got to get back into the swing of it. I've been riding every day since (retirement) but that's been racehorses. I'm fit but I'm going to have to get particularly fit for eventing," he said.

"I feel that I'm going to be able to just slot back in but until you actually get out there and do it, you don't really know. In my mind, I can still do it all. Whether the body will operate, I don't know. Also, because I've been out of it so long, all my qualifications have run out so I have to re-qualify to ride at that level."

"I'm not blindly going at this in a mad-cap attempt just to get to the Olympics. If it happens that's a bonus. Obviously, it's very last minute - whether I can get qualified, whether my performances are good enough to get selected, whether I feel I'm going well enough to justify even going to the Olympics, that's all to be decided yet."

AND THE BEST..."Gandalf has got a good record," Todd said. "He's a very good jumper and he looks after himself so that sounds good to me. I might need a little looking after."

deltawave
Jan. 23, 2008, 09:16 AM
He may be a TB man, but Charisma was a crossbred, too. :)

How cool it would be to see him riding again! :yes: I wonder what his perspective will be of the "new" courses and format?

PalominoMorgan
Jan. 23, 2008, 09:20 AM
AND THE BEST..."Gandalf has got a good record," Todd said. "He's a very good jumper and he looks after himself so that sounds good to me. I might need a little looking after."

Love that quote. Obviously he's very fond of the horse already. :)

KBG Eventer
Jan. 23, 2008, 09:32 AM
Wow, this is so exciting! I only vaguely remember watching him on the TV at the Sydney Olympics, and I was sad about his retirement even though I didn't know too much about him.

tx3dayeventer
Jan. 23, 2008, 09:49 AM
Wouldnt that be awesome if he came to the WEG's in KY and we all got to see him ride?? I would sure go for that alone :D. I am planning on going anyways but that would be like the cherry on top!!!

AppJumpr08
Jan. 23, 2008, 09:55 AM
Oh COOL!!!

Toddy is the one rider I've always wanted to see go...

How exciting :D

Regal Grace
Jan. 23, 2008, 10:26 AM
Thanks for the posting video interview too!!! It was great seeing him back in the saddle on his new mount Gandalf. If he sticks with Eventing after the Olympics it would be great to see him at the WEG in Kentucky. It was a pleasure getting to see Mary King and Ian Stark at Rolex Kentucky last year as well.

pwynnnorman
Jan. 23, 2008, 11:06 AM

Love that quote. Obviously he's very fond of the horse already. :)

Do you think it might have been the horse that made him want to try? In other words, what do you suppose can first: the desire or the horse?

bambam
Jan. 23, 2008, 11:14 AM
now that is an interesting question pwynn
yay that we get to see him go again!!!
Didn't he retire after the switch to the short format? so it is not like it is something he has not done

Fergs
Jan. 23, 2008, 11:27 AM
Mark Todd is one the best riders on the planet. In 1993 I saw him ride at Burghley. On XC one of his stirrup leathers broke (early on the course, I might add), and he jumped around clean with one stirrup. It hardly looked like he was having any trouble at all, but I cannot imagine the pain his groin must have been feeling the next day!

Also, I always got a kick out of his smoking habit....his grooms all knew to have a cigarette lit and waiting for him when he reached the finish flags. I don't know how he did it!

Gryhrs
Jan. 23, 2008, 12:29 PM
If Mark Todd needs "looking after"..........then I need to be riding a Merry-go-round horse.

One of my favorite stories about Mark is when he was in the Olympic Village cafeteria , (I think), lighting up a cigarette with the other athletes giving him the evil eye. Gotta love it.

TexasTB
Jan. 23, 2008, 02:24 PM
Here's a link to a video of Mark Todd and his wife Caroline being interviewed!

http://www.tv3.co.nz/Video/FullinterviewwithMarkTodd/tabid/317/articleID/44158/cat/70/Default.aspx#video

ravenclaw
Jan. 23, 2008, 03:50 PM
Very cool! I always loved watching Mark Todd ride. :yes:

Does anyone have a link to a picture of the horse?

IfWishesWereHorses
Jan. 23, 2008, 05:26 PM
Do you think it might have been the horse that made him want to try? In other words, what do you suppose can first: the desire or the horse?

I possibly think the powers that be maybe told him about the horse and asked him to reconsider in order to give eventing nz a boost. Its certainly worked already, last night it was the lead story in the prime time news here!!! NEVER does equestrian sports feature, let alone run the lead story!

Ive got pics of Gandalf somewhere, will find and post....

Crazyabouteventing
Jan. 23, 2008, 08:53 PM
I will see you your one "Mark" and raise you a "Phillip".....:lol:

Pretty hard to keep those down under folks out of the picture for too long...

eqsiu
Jan. 23, 2008, 09:08 PM
Here's a link to a video of Mark Todd and his wife Caroline being interviewed!

http://www.tv3.co.nz/Video/FullinterviewwithMarkTodd/tabid/317/articleID/44158/cat/70/Default.aspx#video

I thought they were divorced?

Jealoushe
Jan. 23, 2008, 09:54 PM
If youve read his book or watched his movies...its easy to see the guy is beyond passionate about eventing. I knew he would never last away! Of course he doesnt need taking care of on course...but he is so humble it just ads to all the great things about him. He is and always will be "The Master"

BarbB
Jan. 23, 2008, 10:14 PM
Todd has described himself as an adrenaline junkie. I bet it didn't take too much to get him interested.
Glad to see him come back. He is a joy to watch.

columbus
Jan. 24, 2008, 12:31 AM
http://www.pintadodesperado.com/aboutpintadodesperado.htm

Reynard Ridge
Jan. 24, 2008, 12:55 AM
GOOD for him! I saw him win Badminton a million years ago on a catch ride. :eek: I have no doubt that while twenty years and more ciggies than we care to imagine have passed, that the time between now and Hong Kong will be quite sufficient for the venerable Mr. Todd to partner with his new horse. And I do wish him another, a spare is always a good idea. :yes:

Edited to add that if they really are aiming at Beijing, they will miss riding in the 2008 Olympics by something like 2800km. :winkgrin:

IfWishesWereHorses
Jan. 24, 2008, 02:54 AM
I thought they were divorced?

Nope, definitely married and together.

clivers
Jan. 24, 2008, 11:32 AM
Woot!!!
I'd better start saving for a pilgrimage to Badminton this spring!!!
Somehow this news has totally re-inspired me! Yay!!! :)

piccolittle
Jan. 24, 2008, 12:11 PM
IIRC, this horse is in a music video! I was trawling one of the most popular sites for NZ event horses a while ago, and I remember seeing it mentioned. Even watched the video.

I'll try and see if I can find it, just thought it was fun trivia.

horsetalk
Jan. 24, 2008, 04:42 PM
He is not the first top-level sportsman to retire and then later make a comeback, and he probably won't be the last, but despite that New Zealand equestrian Mark Todd has been overwhelmed by the response to his comeback.

When news of his aim of making this year's Olympics broke, interest from the media and the public - not just in New Zealand - was huge.

http://www.horsetalk.co.nz/news/2008/01/126.shtml

pwynnnorman
Jan. 24, 2008, 05:02 PM
If youve read his book or watched his movies...its easy to see the guy is beyond passionate about eventing. I knew he would never last away! Of course he doesnt need taking care of on course...but he is so humble it just ads to all the great things about him. He is and always will be "The Master"

Book? What book is that, please! [I did do a search, but got only a Novice one and this (eek!):
Last Gasp Books - Mark Todd (http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geu58dC5lHXNEACNVXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTE4NGk5YmV 0BHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDOARjb2xvA2FjMgR2dGlkA0Y4NjBfNzYEb ANXUzE-/SIG=11v8nuh24/EXP=1201298589/**http%3a//www.lastgasp.com/1/10/Mark%2bTodd/0/)
Adult Last Gasp Books. Adult Last Gasp Comics. Adult Nonfiction. Adult Sadomasochism ... Mark Todd, Esther Pearl Watson $12.99 ...

LexInVA
Jan. 24, 2008, 05:13 PM
Book? What book is that, please! [I did do a search, but got only a Novice one and this (eek!):
Last Gasp Books - Mark Todd (http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geu58dC5lHXNEACNVXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTE4NGk5YmV 0BHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDOARjb2xvA2FjMgR2dGlkA0Y4NjBfNzYEb ANXUzE-/SIG=11v8nuh24/EXP=1201298589/**http%3a//www.lastgasp.com/1/10/Mark%2bTodd/0/)
Adult Last Gasp Books. Adult Last Gasp Comics. Adult Nonfiction. Adult Sadomasochism ... Mark Todd, Esther Pearl Watson $12.99 ...

Afraid that's the wrong Mark Todd. At least we can hope so.

This is what you are looking for. (http://www.amazon.com/Charisma-Mark-Todd/dp/0901366781/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1201212345&sr=1-12)
This too. (http://www.amazon.com/So-Far-Good-Mark-Todd/dp/0752826336/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1201212411&sr=1-8)
Can't forget this. (http://www.amazon.com/Novice-Eventing-Mark-Todd/dp/1570760543/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1201212467&sr=1-13)
There's plenty more where this came from. (http://www.amazon.com/Mark-Todds-Cross-Country-Handbook/dp/0901366889/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1201212467&sr=1-16)
This one definitely can't be overlooked. (http://www.amazon.com/One-day-Eventing-Mark-Todd/dp/1854104012/ref=sr_1_25?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1201212525&sr=1-25)

ravenclaw
Jan. 24, 2008, 05:52 PM
http://www.pintadodesperado.com/aboutpintadodesperado.htm

What a cool stallion! He has a gorgeous jump!

So, it looks like he is 1/2 Pinto, 1/4 TB, and 1/4 Stationbred. Is a Stationbred the same thing as a Standardbred?

pwynnnorman
Jan. 24, 2008, 06:03 PM
Wow, $148.57 for a used edition of So Far, So Good? What are they, collector's items? I hope the only other, the $34 is still available!

LexInVA
Jan. 24, 2008, 06:04 PM
Wow, $148.57 for a used edition of So Far, So Good? What are they, collector's items? I hope the only other, the $34 is still available!

Look for the hardcover editions. They are mucho cheaper.

horsetalk
Jan. 24, 2008, 06:36 PM
Is a Stationbred the same thing as a Standardbred?

No :) These are horses bred on a high country station - mixed breeding, often with a bit of everything such as
thoroughbred
standardbred
clydesdale / draft
arabian

these horses are usually very sound, have good bone, and a sturdy temperament.

sometimes they are coloured - depends what stallions are chosen to run with "the herd" in any given year. Apparently some Gisborne stations use a heavier stallion one year, then a lighter stallion the next. (correct me if I am wrong).

Gryhrs
Jan. 24, 2008, 07:17 PM
Ifwisheswere horses.....you have a PM.

If Mark's kids encouraged him to get back into eventing....I wonder if they ride too?

One Star
Jan. 24, 2008, 08:08 PM
Mark Todd is one the best riders on the planet. In 1993 I saw him ride at Burghley. On XC one of his stirrup leathers broke (early on the course, I might add), and he jumped around clean with one stirrup. It hardly looked like he was having any trouble at all, but I cannot imagine the pain his groin must have been feeling the next day!

That was actually at Badminton in 1995 on Bertie Blunt, and the stirrup broke right before the Vicarage Vee. :cool:

IfWishesWereHorses
Jan. 24, 2008, 08:52 PM
For copies of So Far So Good, go to www.trademe.co.nz as they sell for about $5 on there!!!!!!!!!

lol

Yes, Gandalf is starring in a music video. I will find the link to it and post here...

Ok..link to see Gandalf in his music debut:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sTEu_yIuNc

TwoStar3Day
Jan. 24, 2008, 09:20 PM
Link to just the horse in the video, without ALL of the lovely language.

All those lights....and he looks like he thinking....ah....what is all this fuss about.

What a sweetheart!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ycpE-9bN88

CookiePony
Jan. 24, 2008, 09:50 PM
OK what is it with eventers riding horses that have experience in the entertainment industry? First I find out Frodo Baggins was in LORD OF THE RINGS, and now Gandalf (is the name a mere coincidence?) is in this... ahem... work of art.

Jealoushe
Jan. 25, 2008, 11:42 AM
Marks kids both ride, the talks about it in "So Far, So Good". Which I have read so many times the pages fell out.

I never realized what drunks eventers were until I read that book also :lol:

edited to say I was talking about "So Far, So Good" in my original quote. But I also have all his others...hes my hero

Jealoushe
Jan. 25, 2008, 11:46 AM
The lights are edited in after the video is made...

eqsiu
Jan. 25, 2008, 12:55 PM
I never realized what drunks eventers were until I read that book also :lol:

Check out Jimmy Wofford's Athens blog...http://www.jimwofford.com/Archives/Athens%202004.htm. Drinking is mother's milk apparently.

Kyrie
Jan. 25, 2008, 02:52 PM
Mark is competing at Puhinui this year? That's it, I *was* going to compete that weekend but now I'm going to be a star-struck Mark groupie :lol:

The guy is a legend - named Event Rider of the Century for a reason!!

As for him and Carolyn (sp), they did separate upon their return to NZ.

eqsiu
Jan. 26, 2008, 12:37 AM
As for him and Carolyn (sp), they did separate upon their return to NZ.

A-Ha! I am not completely losing it. (only losing it a little lol)

Kildonan Tug. Olympic bound 2016. GKing
Jan. 26, 2008, 07:00 PM
How cool!!?? I wish him all the best in his bid for Beijing!!! =]

canyonoak
Jan. 26, 2008, 09:03 PM
There are loads of copies of "So Far,So Good" available--both hard and paperback. I just got one for about $ US 5-6.00

try www.campusi.com it is a really good used book search engine.

pwynnnorman
Jan. 27, 2008, 07:38 AM
Well, canyonoak, I was going to come here and say what a great site for ordering books, but now I'm going to blast them. I found Mark Todd's book at a great price (under $5), so since it was so cheap, I went ahead and bought Fox-Pitt's book, too. But then JUST as I was in the very process of clicking the order button I saw a totally different title on the page! And they say you can't cancel your order. BOY, am I miffed now. They've clearly got some kind of computer glitch going on since it's pretty impossible to order the wrong book when the entire window you are looking at when you click on "add to cart" is about that book and no other!

I hate it when this happens because now I have to remember to keep track of this issue and I've got enough stuff to remember already. And to be unable to cancel an order? That's friggin' nuts. This is NOT a system I will recommend to anyone else. They claim they can't cancel because the items come from different suppliers--so BEWARE, folks! You'll waste your shipping costs if you get stuck with their screw ups.

My suggestion: stick to Amazon.

pwynnnorman
Jan. 27, 2008, 07:58 AM
UPDATE: Yup, I wasn't crazy. They're error, but now I have to spend the time arguing about it. They've got the wrong friggin' name for the book! Well, I only discovered that after I raised holy electronic hell with them, filed a dispute with my credit card and ordered it from elsewhere. What a hassle.

StrawberryFields
Jan. 27, 2008, 08:06 AM
WOW!! O.O that is amazing!! If he qualifies this should be interesting! I remember when he rode the black appyx gelding...i think his name was broadcast news?

Fergs
Jan. 27, 2008, 08:51 AM
That was actually at Badminton in 1995 on Bertie Blunt, and the stirrup broke right before the Vicarage Vee. :cool:

Thanks for correcting me! I was lucky enough to attend both competitions, and obviously I was too star-struck to remember which was which!

TwoStar3Day
Jan. 27, 2008, 09:42 AM
Yes Broadcast News was 1/2 App. (with no spots). See earlier post on this thread. Charisma was also part Perch.

horsetalk
Jan. 27, 2008, 09:47 PM
Yes Broadcast News was 1/2 App. (with no spots). See earlier post on this thread. Charisma was also part Perch.

There is a bit of a misconception about 'what is an appaloosa'.
The grandsire of Broadcast News, Time Flies, is more than 75% thoroughbred; thus BN's sire (by Time Flies x a TB mare) is at least 87.5% TB; and BN himself is from a TB mare, making him at least 93.75% thoroughbred.
The appaloosa part is I estimate less than 6%.
Winsome Adante is less thoroughbred than Broadcast News [he is often referred to as an english thoroughbred but is in fact part arab (9.5%) and irish (6%)]; so to call BN a half appaloosa is rather like saying Winsome Adante is half Irish. It is rather inaccurate ....

lstevenson
Jan. 27, 2008, 10:17 PM
There are loads of copies of "So Far,So Good" available--both hard and paperback. I just got one for about $ US 5-6.00

try www.campusi.com (http://www.campusi.com) it is a really good used book search engine.

The prices seem so low on this site. Is it for real? Or is this a scam website? Has anyone ordered from them before?

Kyrie
Feb. 24, 2008, 08:59 PM
Latest update! :D

http://tinyurl.com/2jq22k

From the New Zealand Herald (our national newspaper)

Reynard Ridge
Feb. 24, 2008, 11:16 PM
The man is amazing. Makes me think maybe I should go to Hong Kong after all. Just to see him in action one more time. :yes:

bambam
Feb. 25, 2008, 09:23 AM
so he won at advanced on a borrowed horse that he had not ridden before the event (I am assuming since it says he asked to borrow the horse Thursday night when his other ride fell through) and he came in third on a horse he has had about a month- all after an 8 year lay-off ?! not too shabby :)

NZ Loopy Lu
Feb. 26, 2008, 11:26 PM
I was lucky enough to be on course as Mark tackled his first advanced track in 8 years on THREE different horses - two catch rides and Gandalf, the horse he hopes to qualify for Beijing.
Here are some pics:
http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e116/Equinesnapz/Arran%20Station/DSCF9107.jpg
Mark on catch ride 'Tom Collins'
http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e116/Equinesnapz/Arran%20Station/DSCF9112.jpg
Mark and Tom Collins again
http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e116/Equinesnapz/Arran%20Station/DSCF9131.jpg
Mark on Gandalf (the horse to bring him out of retirement)
http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e116/Equinesnapz/Arran%20Station/DSCF9134.jpg
Gandalf again
http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e116/Equinesnapz/Arran%20Station/DSCF9138.jpg
Gandalf
http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e116/Equinesnapz/Arran%20Station/DSCF9067.jpg
Mark on Judges Decision
http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e116/Equinesnapz/Arran%20Station/DSCF9051.jpg
SJ on Gandalf
Mark placed 1st on Tom Collins and 3rd on Gandalf. He admitted to feeling rather rusty but being very pleased with the rides that his horse's gave him. Go Mark! :)

Badger
Feb. 26, 2008, 11:32 PM
I just copied that second Gandalf photo to my computer and am going to try to commit the "drop into water" position to memory. Thanks for posting it. Wonderful to have him on course again!

Snapdragon
Feb. 26, 2008, 11:35 PM
Wish I could feel rather rusty, like that! Amazing accomplishment! I'll definitely be cheering him on.

Snapdragon
Feb. 26, 2008, 11:51 PM
This gets me to wondering. He hasn't competed in eight years, but obviously, he has been riding. Right?

I'm just wondering. I took a month off, not because I wanted to, but because horses were in various states of disarray. When I finally got on to ride, I felt like it was slightly foreign, after just a month!

What has he been up to all these years?

Badger
Feb. 26, 2008, 11:55 PM
Training race horses and riding regularly. So he's probably quite galloping fit. I wonder how much jumping he's been doing though?

One Star
Feb. 27, 2008, 08:48 AM
Thanks so much for posting those fantastic pics, NZ LL! :)

The man is pure genius on a horse, and there's no evidence of rust anywhere that I can see. :lol:

IfWishesWereHorses
Feb. 27, 2008, 02:11 PM
MT is running Gandalf at Riverdale HT this weekend if the ground conditions are ok, then he is at the NZ horse of the year show (hoy.co.nz) and then...his 3* debut!

Puhinui in 2 weeks time. puhinui website is www.3dayevent.co.nz so save that and check out his progress. Fingers crossed for a great result from at least one of his rides!