PDA

View Full Version : Professional Choice's Leather Protection Boots

Showjumper28
Jan. 10, 2008, 01:56 PM
Just wondering if any of you guys have these/tried these boots. Likes/Dislikes? My gelding has been destroying his Hiedi boots and I was wondering how this held up. Also how do they compare size wise... Thanks a bunch!!!

http://www.profchoice.com/htmldocs/prd/protgear/prd/pb.html

Showjumper28
Jan. 10, 2008, 07:59 PM
Bump...

canyonoak
Jan. 10, 2008, 09:51 PM
I think they are expensive for what they are.
That said, they are well-made, easy to get on/off.

I would be happier if the hind came with 3 straps rather than 2, as I think this equalizes pressure along the tendons better.

I haven't had any long enough to comment on how well they hold up.

Showjumper28
Jan. 10, 2008, 10:37 PM
Okay thank you... I wouldn't be able to use the hind anyway since he takes an XL in the front.

NorCalDressage
Jan. 11, 2008, 12:56 AM
I bought a pair of these around a month ago - So far I REALLY like them!

The size is very close to the Heidi Euro Pros. The construction & stitching seems more durable than the Heidi boots. The fleece is very dense and I think will hold up better as well. They are real leather, which is one of the reasons they are more expensive. They do come with a 6 month full warranty.

The other big difference I see is the shock absorbing material they have in between the boot and the fleece. Definitley more protection from interference.

Like I said....so far I really like them! We'll see how they hold up as time goes on.

Showjumper28
Jan. 12, 2008, 01:32 PM
Fantastic... That was what I was wondering, the construction quality. I desperately need a new pair for him, and the Heidis just didn't live up to my standards, although I like the way they fit. I tried the Valena, but hated the way, the fit, and ow the elastic stretched.

sixpoundfarm
Nov. 2, 2009, 10:07 AM
Has anyone else tried these boots yet? The look very nice on the rack, and I like that they are leather, and also more light weight feeling.

Bearskin
Nov. 2, 2009, 10:13 AM
Showjump--Bar F carries the Pelham-Ascot brand that the above boots are manufactured like. The XL's have 3 straps www.horseboots.com. Very well made. Am using some daily that are 5 years old!

Pommederue
Nov. 2, 2009, 10:33 AM
Showjump--Bar F carries the Pelham-Ascot brand that the above boots are manufactured like. The XL's have 3 straps www.horseboots.com (http://www.horseboots.com). Very well made. Am using some daily that are 5 years old!

I was going to say the same think about the Pelham Ascot boots. They're fabulous!
http://shop.horseboots.com/product.sc?categoryId=8&productId=42

Whitfield Farm Hanoverians
Nov. 2, 2009, 06:51 PM
Has anyone used the new Mattes boots? Expensive but looks so comfy

canyonoak
Nov. 2, 2009, 09:03 PM
I am a bit of a tack junkie and a major horse boot junkie.

So I have a set of the Pro.Choice Leather Boots as well as several sets of the leather Bar-F boots...as well as (hangs head) the Thinline boots, the Eskadron dressage boots, Booglaoo boots, etcetera.

The Pro Choice leather boots are, as already noted, extremely similar to the Bar-F leather boots.

I do find two minor differences:
1. the PC boots have more padding and get the legs hotter faster (this is/is not a problem depending on where you live and weather)

2. the PC boots straps are a little shorter than the Bar-F; I have L for fronts and XL for hind, and they barely fit my stoutest set of warmblood legs, whereas the Bar-Fs do fit her legs.

sixpoundfarm
Nov. 6, 2009, 03:01 PM
I ordered the Bar F, and they are very nice! I have only seen the Pro Choice in the store, so can't do a side by side comparison, but so far, the Bar F/ Pelham Ascot boots are really nice, and they shipped super fast!

mbm
Nov. 6, 2009, 05:25 PM
on the bar F's - is the fleece real sheepskin fleece or fake stuff?

mbm
Nov. 6, 2009, 05:27 PM
oh! and to the OP - if you want nice boots you might try People on Horses - they have FAB boots.