PDA

View Full Version : Kottas Academy

Marieke
Jan. 7, 2008, 07:38 AM
Anybody hear anything lately?

ideayoda
Jan. 7, 2008, 11:35 AM
Although his opening page says he dropped the present group, it does not say when they will re-start. I do know (for an email) and our fee for joining is supposed to (re)start then. If anyone has his email, I have several redmond friends who could host it effectively.

Miss Dior
Jan. 7, 2008, 07:42 PM
I posted an unpleasant question re: where is my $$$$ since there was nothing available for my inital very $$$ fee. I also directly emailed the powers that be 2x. No response ever. Perhaps I should call my cc company for fraud?

ideayoda
Jan. 7, 2008, 08:08 PM
There were several letters sent out to tell us of the situation, and the site is trying to get back on its feet and will honor another 'year' once they do (according to the last email). It is a mess though huh.....

Moll
Jan. 9, 2008, 10:24 AM
Oh c**p, I hoped they had worked out the issues. It's such a good idea if only the reality measured up!

Marieke
Jan. 9, 2008, 01:57 PM
well, that is interesting and a shame. I was trying to see and wait and I guess I'm glad I did. I do hope they will work things out, but with such a negative taste to it already I'm not sure it would still work :(

Zen and Horses
Jan. 10, 2008, 03:05 PM
Miss Dior,

I also emailed them MANY MANY times, to no avail. I received no email explaining the situation. They are keeping the $ for my 'platinum membership.' I just want my $ back. Arthur is supposed to take over the Lisa Wilcox position for the 'photo evaluation' column at Dressage Today. I plan on taking that opportunity to complain to the magazine about their newest columnist. I doubt I'll be the only one.

ideayoda
Jan. 10, 2008, 06:39 PM
THe messages (about extending the memberships a year) were REPEATEDLY put on the site (before the server was hacked and AK pulled the plug on those people).

Miss Dior
Jan. 10, 2008, 07:05 PM
Extending the membership by a year does nothing for me. I had no value from the 1st year and so far nothing for the 2nd. 2 Years of nada is still nada !!!

ideayoda
Jan. 10, 2008, 07:11 PM
The membership is supposed to (re)start when the site starts....so members will get a year.

Zen and Horses
Jan. 10, 2008, 08:39 PM
Not interested in another year. Want refund. DT will hear from me as soon as I dear Dear AKs column.

Marieke
Jan. 11, 2008, 07:12 AM
I emailed them and got a 1 line reply saying 'we'll let you know' basically.

Moll
Jan. 12, 2008, 12:02 PM
Where is the company based? There should be legal ways to ensure that your money is refunded.

Edited to add: I went and took a look at the site, and had to smile at the wording on the front page. An apology would perhaps be in order?

cttwdfm
Apr. 30, 2008, 10:05 AM
This thing has been a fraud, whether it was intended or not. He took our money and didn't deliver. Refunds should be made to ALL who purchased a membership. If he starts up and people want to rejoin, fine...but who would? The problem is, how to get to him? I'm writing a letter to Dressage Today. He's lost all credibility now and I don't care to see his face anywhere. I tried to get my money back from Visa but because he has posted a message saying he's going to try to deliver, it is not possible.:no:

slc2
Apr. 30, 2008, 10:14 AM
the web page says he is taking action.

i think he is traveling a great deal and like most horse trainers probably delegated this to someone else who was supposed to know how to do this, but did not take care of problems or find a well set up server (which is turning out to be biting a lot of businesses these days). it does seem like he's trying to straighten this out. i'd give it a while before deciding it is bupkis.

Zen and Horses
Apr. 30, 2008, 01:23 PM
It has been QUITE a while already. Over a year. How do you define 'a while?' 5 years? 10? The solution of a refund is a NO BRAINER. Any promises to 'deliver' are just stalling and BS. Bet you don't know ANY other professional horsemen who are world class BS artists....

egontoast
Apr. 30, 2008, 09:09 PM
Since he's klassical, maybe jingles are in order?

slc2
Apr. 30, 2008, 11:32 PM
well, what do you think is the problem? do you think arthur kottas is deliberately ripping people off? he's taking people's money and keeping it, and just putting a note up on his web site that he's going to take care of it?

Lambie Boat
May. 1, 2008, 07:09 AM
sorry to say that what it sounds like he did

Rusty Stirrup
May. 1, 2008, 07:50 AM
Lucky me I didn't subscribe but it seems to me that if Walmart or Target took your money and didn't deliver for over a year, all hell would break loose. I agree you guys should be upset.

egontoast
May. 1, 2008, 08:25 AM
still jingling!

ESG
May. 1, 2008, 08:30 AM
What a crock. The man should be ashamed of himself. :no: I don't blame y'all for being upset. I certainly would be.

fiona
May. 1, 2008, 10:25 AM
Hey, Eggster

is that money you're jungling? that's just not funny.

egontoast
May. 1, 2008, 10:49 AM
Yes, I'm jungling the coins in my pocket that are there because I didn't spend them on the latest in a series of ODG vanity newsletters!

Ambrey
May. 1, 2008, 11:07 AM
I bet what happened is that the money collected went to the company providing the website, who then flaked out.

slc2
May. 1, 2008, 11:11 AM
i'm not arguing that they should be upset, of course they should be upset. i'm just saying, there's a note on the website that he's trying to straighten things out.

my guess is that whoever messed this all up didn't keep records of who sent in money, i think it's going to be very difficult to straighten it out. horse people don't usually take care of this sort of thing, they hire someone to do it all and that person probably messed it up.

fiona
May. 1, 2008, 11:49 AM
Yo eggy!
you got receipts for all those coins?

egontoast
May. 1, 2008, 01:05 PM
i'm not arguing that they should be upset, of course they should be upset. i'm just saying, there's a note on the website that he's trying to straighten things out.

I'd love to see how this would play out if it were not a classical darling doing the stiffing.:)

REFUND THE MONEY, HONEY, nevermind the extra year. Too late.

slc2
May. 1, 2008, 01:14 PM
i'm afraid you have confused me with someone who has some special love for kottas, i don't. he's no classical darling of mine, in fact, the concept of 'classical darling' is something i have gotten ripped up and down for NOT having, for not adoring every olivera and other celebrity 'classicist'. the spanish riding school was for years a very isolated place from which i often was told people came out very little equipped to run a business or deal with a less than perfect world. though that's changed alot and most of the riders now have training businesses all along, i don't feel having gone to the spanish riding school at any time makes anyone a perfect person, dressage teacher or trainer. it's a riding school, not a magical brain implant.

Jmc
May. 1, 2008, 01:19 PM
As far as I'm concerned Arthur Kottas owes me 120 bucks! And I am an ODG hugger. :winkgrin:

Moll
May. 1, 2008, 01:52 PM
As far as I'm concerned Arthur Kottas owes me 120 bucks! And I am an ODG hugger

Give him a long enough and hard enough hug, and he'll become one too :D

Ambrey
May. 1, 2008, 01:59 PM
I'd love to see how this would play out if it were not a classical darling doing the stiffing.:)

Well, that goes to show you that the reputation you build does matter. I think if it was anyone less respected, (*cough* parelli *cough*) people would be screaming bloody murder.

But this is his first offense (as far as I know), so people are giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Ambrey
May. 1, 2008, 02:00 PM
it's a riding school, not a magical brain implant.

Oh, didn't you get that memo? About the brain implants?

Jmc
May. 1, 2008, 02:25 PM
Give him a long enough and hard enough hug, and he'll become one too :D

:lol::lol: I hear ya.

Maybe while I'm hugging I could pick his pocket and get my money back...PLUS interest!

Lambie Boat
May. 1, 2008, 04:38 PM
maybe he's got a gambling problem?

maybe drug or alcohol addiction?

maybe paying back child support for a luv child?

maybe he needed the money to buy a nice horse?

oh, the possibilities are endless

Moll
May. 2, 2008, 03:54 AM
Maybe he'll get some more money from Feisomeday for slander?

No, seriously: I doubt he has the technical knowledge to get the site up and running himself. About the money: you who joined, where did you send the money? That's who you should go after.

cinder88
May. 2, 2008, 09:14 AM
Just checking here to be sure I've got it straight.

If I promise a service or product and don't deliver, but tell all my subscribers/buyers (Who have already paid for that service/product), that I REALLY, REALLY plan to deliver, eventually...then how long do I have before I have to change my name...er...actually deliver something?

If I had paid for this mess, I wouldn't care who/what/when or why....I'd just want my money back.

If my name was attached to this debacle, you'd better be sure that every last subscriber who trusted me would get a personal e-mail explaining the problem, what I was going to do about and a time frame in which to do it.

I had a supplier take my money once and NOT deliver goods I needed to complete a customer's order. Did I say.."Gee, I got ripped off! It's the trickle down effect! You'll have to wait for your order!" ?

No, I went out, took the loss and filled MY customer's order and kept my good reputation. That's how it works.

I wonder how DT will feel when the -mails flow in? Or maybe a Letter to the Editor is in order with numerous signatures attached. Would never get printed, but might make an impact.

Cinder

cttwdfm
May. 7, 2008, 10:52 AM
Does anyone know how to contact THE MAN himself? It's kind of crazy dealing in a vacuum. He has the money, we have nothing and no way of contacting him. I wrote a letter to DT - of course they didn't reply. If I were the editor, I would stay away from a "world class trainer" who does this kind of fraud. I can't even stand to read his articles. I will probably not renew my DT subscription just because of this.:mad:

cttwdfm
May. 7, 2008, 10:58 AM
Of course we who paid ALL have proof of payment because you had to pay by Credit Card. We should start a class action against him. It seems to be the only way. A lawyer could find him.:winkgrin:

fiona
May. 7, 2008, 11:10 AM
Does anyone know how to contact THE MAN himself? It's kind of crazy dealing in a vacuum.

google? phone book?

ideayoda
May. 7, 2008, 11:11 AM
Contacted DT, they are addressing it.

cttwdfm
May. 13, 2008, 10:41 AM
IDEAYODA:

I'm interested!!!:winkgrin:...how is DT addressing it?

Truthiness
May. 13, 2008, 11:47 AM
I'd be interested in knowing how DT is "handling it" as well. Garnishment? Public shaming? Free magazines for life? A pile of rocks? :lol::lol::lol:

cttwdfm
Jun. 9, 2008, 01:09 PM
Anyone hearing anything about this website downer?:o
All I see is Kotas popping up in DT, Dressagetrainingonline.com etc. :no: Looks like he's too busy to fix up his problem ie. took the money but didn't deliver. So sad for a man of his stature to suly his own reputation like that.:confused:

Marieke
Apr. 27, 2009, 05:23 PM
Did anybody get their money back?

XenophonKnows
Apr. 27, 2009, 07:50 PM
I never got any money back. But you have reminded me to contact DT and ask them about helping out with this.

AYLESLAND
Jun. 10, 2009, 09:12 AM
has anyone heard anymore? He visits the TTT at Shamley Green, Nr Guildford in the UK 3 times a year - perhaps we could send something there for him?

fiona
Jun. 10, 2009, 03:54 PM
has anyone heard anymore? He visits the TTT at Shamley Green, Nr Guildford in the UK 3 times a year - perhaps we could send something there for him?

Maybe you could contact him through his daughter? I don't think the Kottas Academy had anything to do with the people he visits in the UK!

http://www.kottas-heldenberg.at/index.html

egontoast
Jun. 10, 2010, 03:07 PM
Looking for an update.

It would be great to hear that this has finally been resolved happily and all money returned to those who were ripped off.

It does make a person think twice about signing up for stuff like this if no one is willing to take responsibility for delivering what was paid for.

Isabeau Z Solace
Jun. 10, 2010, 05:45 PM
I had signed up and never heard back from them after website what shut down.

Calliope
Jun. 13, 2010, 01:31 AM
Slightly off topic, but I audited a clinic with AK in Germany last year.

Well, I audited some of it. I left after about 2 hours. :mad:

egontoast
Jun. 13, 2010, 06:04 AM
Slightly off topic, but I audited a clinic with AK in Germany last year.

Well, I audited some of it. I left after about 2 hours. :mad:

Did you get your money back?:lol:

Calliope
Jun. 13, 2010, 11:33 PM
Did you get your money back?:lol:

No. :lol:

Molly Micvee
Jan. 29, 2011, 01:24 PM
Well, what exactly does this Academy offer? And it seems to me there "should" be a phone number to call.

ThreeFigs
Jan. 29, 2011, 01:52 PM
Since this is a very old, resurrected thread -- I think the academy has absolutely nothing to offer. There's no phone number to call. There's no "there" there. :lol:

Beentheredonethat
Jan. 29, 2011, 01:59 PM
He's in Castro Valley, CA right now. You can contact: Contact Us: www.euroquestfarms.com 510-755-9700. Clinic Jan. 28- Feb. 1.

I can stop by and leave a message if you'd like.

toesforward
Jan. 29, 2011, 06:38 PM
I don't know anything much about whatever this is, however is it possible that this was a fraud? Could people just say that Arthur was going to do whatever and since he never actually agreed to it, it never happened?

I was on this site and he apparently has a blog you could maybe reach him at. But it is likely not even the real him. You just never know with Internet anymore. :(
http://arthur.kottas-heldenberg.at/?p=18

siegi b.
Jan. 29, 2011, 08:20 PM
Sure sounds to me like he's divorced himself from any past problems by stating that "some people pretend to be me on websites, etc...." and that he could not be responsible for that.

Oh well, another name for the "dressage shyster" list.... :)

Spyder
Jan. 30, 2011, 09:37 PM
Oh well, another name for the "dressage shyster" list.... :)

There seems to be a lot of that going around. Hmmm.. that would be a great spin-off thread: Who's been bamboozled by a dressage trainer?