PDA

View Full Version : neVar and her family need our jingles

PaulaM
Jan. 5, 2008, 07:37 PM
I just read on the other board that neVar's husband was hit by a drunk driver yesterday. If you have any jingles to spare please send them their way.

To keep this horse related, neVar goes above and beyond the call of duty with her tack store. Plus she has the most adorable Horse and Pony combination around too.

Dorienna
Jan. 5, 2008, 07:55 PM
sending jingles and good thoughts her way!

Forte
Jan. 5, 2008, 08:05 PM
Oh no! Poor Krystal. I will her and her family in my thoughts and prayers.

ctanner
Jan. 5, 2008, 08:08 PM
Jingles!

pintopiaffe
Jan. 5, 2008, 08:49 PM
oh no! Thoughts and prayers headed her way.

She's one of those posters I always love to hear from, no matter the topic.

OnyxThePony
Jan. 5, 2008, 09:31 PM
oh my goodness.jingles!!

tollertwins
Jan. 5, 2008, 09:32 PM
Ai Yah!!!!

jingles....

Sabine
Jan. 5, 2008, 10:12 PM
so sorry to hear this- sending best wishes and prayers for a speedy recovery.

knz66
Jan. 6, 2008, 12:03 AM
just for those that dont go to TOB, it seems most of the scary stuff they were first worried about, fractures on his spine, were cleared by the MRI's. Huge relief for her and the family.

He does have a butterly fracture of the pelvis, extremely painfull and takes forever to heal. The earliest he will be released is monday, the latest, 2 weeks.

We all know what its like to have sick, in pain husbands, not any fun at all. She's reading the boards, posting when she can for distraction purposes so please keep the jingles and healing thoughts coming.

Oh ya, visit her website, she really is the best tack store owner I have ever come accross!

www.ravenwoodtack.com

you know we loff ya Kry!

claire
Jan. 6, 2008, 12:15 AM
NeVar,
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Good to hear that there is no spinal fracture and hope his recovery is mostly speedy and bump free!

Rancher
Jan. 6, 2008, 12:26 AM
Oh dear. This post caught my attention because I only recently found out that she lives very close to me. I drive past her tack store at least a few times a week. Thoughts and prayers are with her!

knz66
Jan. 6, 2008, 12:40 AM
Rancher, well her husband might deliver your paper!

He was on his way home from deliverying papers when he was hit.

Thankfully the driver is in jail!

3 am! good lord hate those calls!

Donella
Jan. 6, 2008, 02:27 AM
Oh my. What awful news..I can't imagine. Why does this continue to happen:no:?
My thoughts are with you Nevar!

Leena
Jan. 6, 2008, 09:50 AM
Nevar, all my thoughts to you and your husband.

I hope with a lot of good care, your husband will be ok. These accidents are unfortunate really...

Good luck !

onetempies
Jan. 6, 2008, 10:01 AM
Sending jingles and healing vibes their way! :yes:

Reiter
Jan. 6, 2008, 11:03 AM
Jingles for a speedy recovery!!!!!!!!

canyonoak
Jan. 6, 2008, 11:06 AM
jingles, prayers, all the best energy I can summon!

hang in there neVar and family!

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Jan. 6, 2008, 12:03 PM
JINGLES!!

HXF
Jan. 6, 2008, 12:16 PM
Huge prayers, hugs, thoughts, jingles...we're all here for you...take care of yourself.

monstrpony
Jan. 6, 2008, 01:09 PM
More jingles!! What a yucky thing ...

perpetual_novice
Jan. 6, 2008, 01:11 PM
Jingles from Ontario.

I work with a lady who had a similar pelvis injury due to a car accident -- her car was T-boned by another vehicle. It took a long time to heal, but she did fully recover.

merrygoround
Jan. 6, 2008, 02:16 PM
Jingles!!!!

Mozart
Jan. 8, 2008, 10:56 AM
So sorry to hear that. Hoping for a speedy recovery for your husband and that the offender gets the punishment s/he deserves.

lorik
Jan. 8, 2008, 11:02 AM
Jingles from Maryland!

Ilex
Jan. 8, 2008, 11:28 AM
Jingles!

neVar
Jan. 8, 2008, 11:36 AM
Guys! thanks so much for the jingles they DO work.

When i got there friday we had Internal bleeding, Fractured pelvis and fractured vertebre (L1). over the course of friday we went froma list of "forsure" surgeries of
Angio plasty
Abdominal surgery (the bleeding)
Back surgery- as there was some reduced feeling in one leg. 80% vs the 100% on the other side

by friday afternoon the spinal cord was cleared via MRI (but it IS fractured- the side process as well as a compression fracture all the way through) and the angio plasty didn't just slow down teh bleeding but stopped it. After the angio plasty the kidneys which they were worried about were cleared as he began to pee (never seen me so excited over pee!) The pelvis didn't need any surgery- just rest.

Overall he was very close to death (they never TOLD me that until later) due to the internal bleeding. We got VERY lucky there he had over 12 units of blood on friday (from 3 am to 10:30 am when the bleeding was stopped). On sunday night he was given another transfusion... which went from one unit to 3 units by the time i got back. Monday he was fitted for his back brace and HOPEFULLY he will be up out of bed for a few minutes at a time today. He ws itching to get up yesterday.
My horse has been put on hold- he's on a holiday now- dropped the grain down dropped his hay down and i'm not sure when i'll get back to him. Probably not for a few weeks (he won't complain i'm sure) Jillian is continuing to ride her pony. James was suposed to come see her ride for the first time this weekend- did not make it.
Anyway again- thank you for your Jingles- it means alot- and they DO work- it is TRUELY a miracle on how well off he's gotten in this. I'm told he took out the windshield and was found 30Feet from where the car STOPPED in the ditch in the snow. We were lucky the drunk who hit him stopped. We were lucky someone called 911 as quickly as they did as it was below 0C (quite mild actually) when this happened. He has been physical all his life- having worked at our barn for over 9 years. i'm not sure long term what the outlook is with a fractured L1.... havent quite gotten those answeres. Broken pelvis' i know- broken mine (3 non displaced fractures) his is quite a bit more severe- clean- and big enough even I can pick it out on an xray with no help.

Ok i'm rambling- back to work i go... well attempting to work

Dressage Art
Jan. 8, 2008, 11:46 AM
Glad to hear positive news! Further jingles for Krystal and family.

tollertwins
Jan. 8, 2008, 12:25 PM
G I'm told he took out the windshield and was found 30Feet from where the car STOPPED in the ditch in the snow.

OMG!!!!

neVar
Jan. 8, 2008, 12:36 PM
OMG!!!!
pretty much my feeling. The nurse who was working trauma when he came in- was on later friday night was quite upset. The news stations (yep it made the news) kep tmaking it sound like 'nothing' "man on bike was hit by a van. Transported to hospital with non lifethreatening injuries" WonderBOB (the nurse- we nick named them all that day) came in quite upset- because he truely thought james could die and was upset at how 'trivial' the news made it sound. Because of course this guy was DRUNK and james was riding his bike LEGALLY (right side of road- on the street- had reflectors all over his back etc etc) and it was SEVERE. That was the first i'd been told really how bad it was when he came in- and that's why they didn't let me in for almost 2 hours.

BUT he's ok!

egontoast
Jan. 8, 2008, 01:54 PM
BUT he's ok!

Glad to see that update.

TrotTrotPumpkn
Jan. 8, 2008, 05:46 PM
Thank God he's doing ok!!

....ongoing Jingles!!.....

ESG
Jan. 9, 2008, 09:39 AM
Texas sized jingles coming your way. What a scary, scary thing. I'm so pleased he's going to be all right. :)

Mrsmph
Jan. 9, 2008, 10:11 AM
Jingles from Florida!!!

monstrpony
Jan. 9, 2008, 11:14 AM
More jingles! Glad they seem to be helping!

NoGreatMischief
Jan. 9, 2008, 04:02 PM
Oh my goodness, he was riding a BIKE! So terrifying!

Sending good thoughts and wishes your way from Ontario, neVar. :)

Kimberlee
Jan. 9, 2008, 04:06 PM
Thank you for posting the update.

eclipse
Jan. 9, 2008, 04:45 PM
Just saw this, and posting good thoughts & jingles from Alberta!

neVar
Jan. 12, 2008, 11:47 PM
Hey guys,

Keepon jingling for him please. He was up and around monday, tuesday, wed and thursday- to which the new xray results got him sent back to bed rest. his total list of injuries so far that he has/had is:
he has/had:
internal arterial bleeding
Lumbar fracture L2-S1
Burst fracture L1
pelvic fracture- left pubic rami fracture
comminuted fracture of left sacrum
fracture of coccyx

He's on bed rest again til monday- and back surgery is still a very real possibility

Sabine
Jan. 12, 2008, 11:54 PM
Oh Boy that sounds just awful. So sorry to hear this and sending you the best jingles and prayers that can be gotten. Do you have good medical care up there....I hope he heals well- let him stay in bed for an extra week until there is no risk of misalignment etc....it's so bad when you need constant therapy to function- especially in those parts of the body....!

Hope all heals well and he's up and about soon! Wondering if you can give him some power supplements for increased bone healing???!

neVar
Jan. 13, 2008, 12:03 AM
yes we have good medical here- he's at hte university hospital had one of the best angioplasty guys in the country do his angio seal. My friend is a resident there and says his neurosurgeon is 'very good' so we will continur our faith and listen to what he suggests. Some issues in the fact your dealing with residents first. The nurses on his ward are AMAZING.... seriously amazing nurses.

He's humouring me and letting me go nuts with the arnica cream. Due to him being on alot of pain killers etc still we've decided to hold until he's out of the hospital to start on any suppliments- he was already taking calcium, vitamin D etc etc before this happened and will get back on them once he's home. He has phsyio rightin the hospital- and he will take longer to come home then some unfortunatly due to the fact we live in a 3 floor victorian- we can set him up on one floor- but he's got 20 stairs to get there!

pintopiaffe
Jan. 13, 2008, 12:13 AM
many thoughts and prayers still headed your way. It's a long road, but it sure sounds like your attitude is right where it needs to be for him to do his best healing.

Hang in there!

neVar
Jan. 22, 2008, 06:44 PM
Hey guys- i just wanted to post an update for you who aren't on the other board. James came home yesterday from the hospital (with very little (3 hours) notice!!! Right now our biggest hurdle is the pain issue. They've sent him home with perscriptions for LESS meds then he was on at the hospital and it's harder for him to be comfortable (don't have one of those fancy dancy moving beds like they do at the hospital).

Long hurdel and i'm not expecting to see my horse for another few weeks for more then a pat on the head and a pick of the feet :( i miss my pony. (well the big one).

ctanner
Jan. 22, 2008, 07:30 PM
Jingles coming your way!

petitefilly
Jan. 22, 2008, 07:30 PM
Hey guys- i just wanted to post an update for you who aren't on the other board. James came home yesterday from the hospital (with very little (3 hours) notice!!! Right now our biggest hurdle is the pain issue. They've sent him home with perscriptions for LESS meds then he was on at the hospital and it's harder for him to be comfortable (don't have one of those fancy dancy moving beds like they do at the hospital).

Long hurdel and i'm not expecting to see my horse for another few weeks for more then a pat on the head and a pick of the feet :( i miss my pony. (well the big one).

Ohmygod! I hope he survives this without too much pain, it is a terrible issue to get over. :) I wish him all the best. {{{Hugs}}}

Hazelnut
Jan. 23, 2008, 06:12 AM
Thoughts and prayers along with jingles...

amdfarm
Jan. 23, 2008, 07:39 AM
Sorry to hear about James, neVar! You sound like a great caregiver for him though. Tons of jingles headed your way to get over the pain control and comfort hurdle. And don't forget to take care of you, too!!