PDA

View Full Version : A little tattoo help if you please. =D

Macalicious
Dec. 30, 2007, 12:48 AM
I can't seem to find anything on Mac, I only have his tattoo, and I can't find anywhere to run it without having to pay. I'd be oh so grateful if I could get some help with his. His tattoo is hard to read, but I think its: F23648

Thank you so much for looking! =]

Here's a picture of his tatt incase you see something I don't. His tattoo is super hard to read. ^^;

Regular picture
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/ducknhokey789/MAC/CIMG4011.jpg

Photoshopped picture
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/ducknhokey789/Untitled-1copy-1.jpg

Photoshopped picture again
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/Horse_Of_Course/CIMG4011.jpg

horsepowerco
Dec. 30, 2007, 12:21 PM
the only way you can get tattoo info is to pay for it like the rest of us.

Sorry no free stuff.

Macalicious
Dec. 30, 2007, 05:10 PM
Well, I thought I'd ask because I've seen it done on here before. I'd still love any help if people see something in the tattoo that I don't, cause it's still a bit fuzzy for me.

tirnanog
Dec. 30, 2007, 09:47 PM
Dec. 30, 2007 11:21 AMhorsepowercothe only way you can get tattoo info is to pay for it like the rest of us.

Sorry no free stuff.

I have been able to help several people on here with IDing their horses via tatoos. I have not charged them a penny. So free info is available. I can't always find the info people are looking for but I do try.

Horsepowerco - do you have a tatoo you want looked up? You seem a little bitter about having paid for info that others have gotten for free.
I'm just happy to give a horse a name and history when possible. That's very rewarding and all the payment I need. If I can ever help you in anyway, I'd be glad to. Free of charge.

Dec. 29, 2007 11:48 PMMacaliciousA little tattoo help if you please. =D
I can't seem to find anything on Mac, I only have his tattoo, and I can't find anywhere to run it without having to pay. I'd be oh so grateful if I could get some help with his. His tattoo is hard to read, but I think its: F23648

I can't look up the info for you until Wednesday Jan. 2, but I will look it up for you. If the horse ever made it to the track, I should find out something.

Macalicious
Dec. 30, 2007, 10:48 PM
Thank you SO much! That would be great! An I checked again today, I stretched out his lip, and it's for sure a 'F'. Thank you so much. =]

Calamber
Dec. 30, 2007, 10:52 PM
Yes, thank you Tiranog for your very helpful work, your help with the horse I asked about was very useful.

horsepowerco
Dec. 31, 2007, 06:27 AM
I have been able to help several people on here with IDing their horses via tatoos. I have not charged them a penny. So free info is available. I can't always find the info people are looking for but I do try.

Horsepowerco - do you have a tatoo you want looked up? You seem a little bitter about having paid for info that others have gotten for free.
I'm just happy to give a horse a name and history when possible. That's very rewarding and all the payment I need. If I can ever help you in anyway, I'd be glad to. Free of charge.

I can't look up the info for you until Wednesday Jan. 2, but I will look it up for you. If the horse ever made it to the track, I should find out something.

No Im not bitter in the least, I pay for the info like the rest of the world when needed...and I wasnt being negitaive Just stating a fact is all. As paying member of both Equineline and Brisnet I know what these services charge for info. Im glad you are able to help ID these horses.

tirnanog
Dec. 31, 2007, 05:56 PM
Horsepowerco - I glanced at your website and rehabbing ex-racers is a very commendable thing. If you come across something you want researched, I will be happy to help. But don't discourage others from asking.
Does your memberships to Equineline & Brisnet give you unlimited inquiries or do you have to pay per horse? With the number of horses you turn over, I can only assume you would have something that gives you unlimited inquiries or at least up to a certain number.
The people on this board have 1 or 2 horses, at most, that they are seeking info on. It would not be in their best financial interest to invest in something like that. Especially when there are people on here with certain connections that have access to that info for FREE.

the only way you can get tattoo info is to pay for it like the rest of us.

Sorry no free stuff.

Obviously, incorrect statement.

No Im not bitter in the least, I pay for the info like the rest of the world when needed...and I wasnt being negitaive Just stating a fact is all.

Info has been provided for free so you did not, in fact, state a fact.

horsepowerco
Dec. 31, 2007, 07:26 PM
how are you getting the info for free? Or are you just not charging for it? Thank you for the offer.

However I dont just rehab EX racer...I rehab RACERS, EVENTERS, DRESSAGE HORSES, HUNTERS...you name it.

Macalicious
Dec. 31, 2007, 07:53 PM
Yes, Mac is my only horse, and I am in the process of rehabbing him. I wanted more information on him, and I thought, hey it doesn't hurt to ask, right? =]

tirnanog
Jan. 2, 2008, 08:05 AM
Macalicious - I'm sorry but F23648 & E23648 didn't produce any info. That's not to say that that's not his tatoo, it just means that if he hasn't ever run, I won't find any info on him. You may need to try to find another source to get the info you want.
Do you know how old he is because F makes him 5.

how are you getting the info for free? Or are you just not charging for it? Thank you for the offer.

Horsepowerco - It's one of the perks of my job. But, as in this particular case, if the horse never ran I won't have info. Unless you know the mare's name. I can find something then.

horsepowerco
Jan. 2, 2008, 08:29 AM
I see...Perks and bennies are great!

Macalicious
Jan. 2, 2008, 08:22 PM
Ugh. That sucks. Hm. I really have no idea who his dam was. I really appreciate you running this for me. I suppose it's possible he never ran. Is there anyway I can find out his pedigree? I was told his racing name was Macalicious, but it never comes up when I search on pedigreequery.com or anything like that. I've also been told his name was Macadacious. Again, nothing. So if I don't know his registered name, am I out of luck? :confused: This is lame. Hahaha. Again though, thanks a lot for looking.

lilies34
Jan. 2, 2008, 11:50 PM
he's right. no freebies! :(

zafirah
Jan. 3, 2008, 12:03 AM
This may be way off, but isn't the tattoo also the registration number? like, wouldn't F23648 be translated into all numbers and be the registration number? ie. 0223648 ? Just an idea I came up with when I was reading this thread :D. Can the registration number be searched? Lol I'm curious

Barnfairy
Jan. 3, 2008, 12:42 AM
Any chance he's this guy?: Mactaceous (http://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?query_type=horse&search_bar=horse&h=MACTACEOUS&g=5&p=0&f=1&l=), 2002 G Makaleha x Cactaceous (Cactus Road)

Macalicious
Jan. 3, 2008, 01:16 AM
You know, that's probably him!! If that was him, his sire looks just like him. :sadsmile: But if there's a way anyone can search the registration number, or just tell me how I can, that would be great so we could be sure. But that's probably him! =DD

tirnanog
Jan. 3, 2008, 09:24 AM
let's make sure this is the right horse

Mactaceous - Dk bay or brown, born 4/9/02
tatoo - F23640
California bred - breeder: Donald E. Jones

Markings: small mixed slightly curved star open on bottom. Median cowlick at top of eye level. Cowlick at crest of neck both sides.

He ran 5 times - no wins, 2 seconds and 3 fourth place finishes earned $7,630.
I can get the charts for each race but lets make sure the markings match and it's the right horse.
His last start was 7/28/05. How long have you had him?

I was searching the wrong tatoo number which is why I didn't get any info before. Let me know if you need more.

Jan. 2, 2008 10:50 PMlilies34 - he's right. no freebies! :(

I guess the check's in the mail because I haven't been paid. How about you Barnfairy? Did you get paid for possibly discovering who the horse really is?

What?! Free information? Can't be!

What is wrong with you people who are so hung up on others seeking info on their horses?

Barnfairy
Jan. 3, 2008, 12:07 PM
:lol: And what would I charge, a fraction of my comcast bill? Name searches are free. It's all part of the magic, baby. :winkgrin:

I admit, there are times when I think this forum should be renamed the Please Help Me With This Tattoo/All Things Barbaro/What Do You Think Of This Pedigree Forum...but if it enables somebody to find out who their horse really is --who his parents are, where he came from, what he did-- how cool is that?

texang73
Jan. 3, 2008, 12:42 PM
Tirnanog check your PMs! :D

LivviesMom
Jan. 3, 2008, 04:02 PM
:lol: And what would I charge, a fraction of my comcast bill? Name searches are free. It's all part of the magic, baby. :winkgrin:

I admit, there are times when I think this forum should be renamed the Please Help Me With This Tattoo/All Things Barbaro/What Do You Think Of This Pedigree Forum...but if it enables somebody to find out who their horse really is --who his parents are, where he came from, what he did-- how cool is that?

If it weren't for this forum I would not have my fillies papers period!.. very cool/helpful people here!

Sing Mia Song
Jan. 3, 2008, 06:18 PM
What?! Free information? Can't be!

What is wrong with you people who are so hung up on others seeking info on their horses?

I'm certainly not hung up on people getting free stuff, but as long as I've been doing this, the only way I've known to do a tattoo trace is to pay for it. If there's another way, a program, a service to subscribe to, I'd love to hear about it.

Tiranog, where do you work?

tirnanog
Jan. 3, 2008, 09:21 PM

It doesn't get any cooler. How many horse owners out there have no idea where their horse came from or where he was born or what his original name was and no way of finding out? I, personally, feel a huge sense of satifaction when I can help identify a horse. I would hate to think that any horse I bred would end up with people who didn't know his or her origins or what his or her given name was.

It's a good thing whether you paid for that info or not. Just because someone doesn't know how to utilize all the available resources, they shouldn't discourage others from trying. There are resources out there and not everyone is out to make a buck. (hence the reason I'm so broke all the time:yes:).

I'm certainly not hung up on people getting free stuff, but as long as I've been doing this, the only way I've known to do a tattoo trace is to pay for it. If there's another way, a program, a service to subscribe to, I'd love to hear about it.

Now you know that you can come here first. There seems to be several people here who have access to certain info. Perks of the job. I work at the track.

Now back to the OP - do the markings match up? After all this, I want to know who the horse is:lol:.

zafirah
Jan. 3, 2008, 09:33 PM
Tirnanog, I sent you a pm :)

Macalicious
Jan. 3, 2008, 09:38 PM
That's gotta be him! The '8' could TOTALLY be a 0! And I've known him for two years, so it would make sense that his last run was in 05. I've only been working with him for one, but my trainer had him for about a year before that. He does have a small star, and a cowlick, but I can't remember if he has cowlicks on his neck, although I think he does. Does this fit the description?

(Hahaha he even has his dad's loose lip. I actually, I was just being cruel parting his forelock like that...^_^ But you can see his star better!)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/ducknhokey789/MAC/CIMG3427.jpg

See he really is a 'normal' horse =D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/ducknhokey789/MAC/CIMG3681.jpg

tirnanog
Jan. 4, 2008, 07:19 AM
It is him!!!

Yeah! Horsey has a name!

That was exhausting. Well, if you want more info in regards to each of his races, let me know but you have all the pertinent info now.

Macalicious, good luck to you and your horse.

And as to all you non-believers.....oh, nevermind.:lol:

Blueshadow
Jan. 5, 2008, 02:59 AM
Glad that someone got to maybe figure out who their horse is. Yes - tattoo research by people on this forum is an amazing, wonderful donation/service. And people that do it for "free" for you guys are true donors and I'm sure love figuring out who the horse is.

But assuming there are no "privileged" rescues or similar that have free access - it costs a minimum of $35 per search (more if you want detailed information, above $50). How many searches have I seen "donated" here? And an increasing number of the, It's a great donation by members of COTH - but anyone taking it for granted - yuk.

People - get an account with the JC. It's really not that hard!

tirnanog
Jan. 5, 2008, 09:20 AM
Glad that someone got to maybe figure out who their horse is. Yes - tattoo research by people on this forum is an amazing, wonderful donation/service. And people that do it for "free" for you guys are true donors and I'm sure love figuring out who the horse is.

But assuming there are no "privileged" rescues or similar that have free access - it costs a minimum of $35 per search (more if you want detailed information, above $50). How many searches have I seen "donated" here? And an increasing number of the, It's a great donation by members of COTH - but anyone taking it for granted - yuk.

People - get an account with the JC. It's really not that hard!

Wow, even I didn't know how much that info cost. What's the difference between the $35 & the $50? Just curious. I just had someone ask me to look up some thing for them and they told me they paid twice on 2 different occasions to get info which didn't turn up anything. I was able to get them more info about their horse than they were able to get when the did pay. (at least that's what I was told).

Macalicious
Jan. 5, 2008, 03:38 PM
Yeah, I was reluctant to pay because I was unsure of his tattoo (and apparently rightfully so) so I'm forever grateful to you for figuring this out for me. =]

Sing Mia Song
Jan. 5, 2008, 06:26 PM
That's gotta be him! The '8' could TOTALLY be a 0! And I've known him for two years, so it would make sense that his last run was in 05. I've only been working with him for one, but my trainer had him for about a year before that. He does have a small star, and a cowlick, but I can't remember if he has cowlicks on his neck, although I think he does. Does this fit the description?

(Hahaha he even has his dad's loose lip. I actually, I was just being cruel parting his forelock like that...^_^ But you can see his star better!)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/ducknhokey789/MAC/CIMG3427.jpg

See he really is a 'normal' horse =D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/ducknhokey789/MAC/CIMG3681.jpg

And now you have to buy him a new halter with his proper name! :winkgrin: