PDA

View Full Version : Courbette Kurfurst Endurance

KarenRO
Dec. 24, 2007, 07:52 PM
I have a Courbette Charles de Kunffy dressage saddle for my hulking 16H Appaloosa and really like the quality and comfort. I am looking for a more AP-type saddle for my 14.3H short-coupled Morgan. I do not find Wintec saddles to be comfortable and the stirrup bar placement drags me into a chair position. Has anyone ridden in the Courbette Kurfurst Endurance? From the photos, the Endurance model appears to have flaps that are not as forward as the jumping saddles and not as straight as the dressage models.

Thanks, KarenRO

sonata
Dec. 24, 2007, 08:15 PM
i have one that is All Purpose. The endurance is the same except slightly deeper seat and more places to tie stuff. I love my saddle. I can go for hours and it fit my 1/2 gelding just perfect. i bought mine years ago from VTO and they are having a sale now so maybe they have it.

jnel
Dec. 24, 2007, 09:45 PM
That is another saddle on my list to check out. Please let us know if you do a test ride in one. I'm really interested to learn what someone likes/dislikes about it.

KarenRO
Dec. 25, 2007, 09:19 AM
Ah, VTO is my favorite online tack store. I purchased the Courbette CDK dressage saddle from them and the owner (Beth?) was extremely helpful and knowledgable about the brand. I will contact her again after Christmas. KarenRO

IrishKharma
Dec. 27, 2007, 06:23 PM
I had that saddle for an old horse, and I wished I hadn't sold it!! It waas so nice and comforatable. Your leg was down (as in dressage position) instead of jacked in front of you.

It was a secure saddle, and good looking. I paid around $1000 and sold it for $700 several years later.

Ponyclubrocks
Jan. 7, 2008, 04:45 PM
I have two Courbettes, the Optima and the Vision AP (S347). They are both All purpose, both extremely comfortable. The Vision is a little more close contact and is my current favorite. Both have proven terrific for long rides.

pintopiaffe
Jan. 7, 2008, 06:29 PM
Courbettes aren't very wide though... Is the morgan a typical morgan back? It sure doesn't seem like the Courbette tree would work for that...

Ponyclubrocks
Jan. 7, 2008, 07:51 PM
Courbettes can be ordered in many widths, Mine are 30 cm but I think they go all the way up to 34 or 36 cm.... They also make seat sizes up to 19 inches which many other English saddle makers do not offer.

I have used my Courbettes on both my old Morgan as well as my current chunky paint mare

pintopiaffe
Jan. 7, 2008, 09:19 PM
PCR, perhaps they have changed? It's been more than a decade since I had my beloved Courbette and looked at trying to replace it. But their Extra Wide back then... wasn't. Was about the same as a MW in most other trees.

And the 'e-motion' trees are simply not suitable for wide horses--the mfg will tell you that plainly.

I'd be tickled if they really had wides now... I'd love another AP from them--one of the few APs that wasn't a NO-P. ;)

Ponyclubrocks
Jan. 8, 2008, 04:01 PM
Check out their web site, it says they go up to 34 cm and all other widths can be custom ordered. I bought my Vision this fall and was able to specify the width I wanted.

http://www.courbette.com

FlashGordon
Feb. 28, 2008, 02:33 PM
Bumping this up... anyone buy one or try one?

PletchersMom
Jul. 22, 2009, 12:09 PM
I was looking into this saddle and seen this thread.

How would I know which size tree to order? I have a medium tree, Beval now.

sonata
Jul. 23, 2009, 09:17 AM
possibly you could do a wither tracing and fax or e-mail it to them. Do you have a tack shop nearby that could measure your horse and then order the saddle for you. I have this saddle, an older version that is an AP. Made just before they started the endurance. Only difference is the endurance is a little deeper and has more places to hang stuff. Very comfy and have ridden for hours in it.