PDA

View Full Version : What has irritated you the most in 2007 (I will start.. video of Anky falling off)

freestyle2music
Dec. 21, 2007, 12:04 PM
What has irritated you the most in 2007 (I will start)

My biggest irritation in 2007 was the reactions of thousands of cyber-riders
about this incident.

http://www.dailymotion.com/rutgerjanschimmel/video/x3tl6i_ankys-val-van-nelson_sport

slc2
Dec. 21, 2007, 12:17 PM
Not enough kvetching going on here for ya yet, eh?

fiona
Dec. 21, 2007, 12:58 PM
Witch hunts in general and the complete inability of some people to take their own advice or recognise a kettle when they are quite clearly potty.

egontoast
Dec. 21, 2007, 01:17 PM
I assume this is about internet forums and not real life.

So yeah, it's irritating when people express glee because someone gets bucked off. Agree with Theo on that one. On another board someone posted that the video of AVG getting bucked off was 'funny'. Yeah, hilarious.

Parelli and other NH franchises are irritating.

Extremists (parelli-ites, barefoot evangelists, socalled equine podiatrists, for example) are irritating

People who think dressage is inherently cruel because they read it on the innernet(sic). Because of the internet this is filtering down. I had a potential boarder (very green) come by. She said she was warned away from dressage by ( a horse whisperer) because it is cruel. SIGH. Where do you begin with that. I know the ' horse whisperer' in question. He is very new to horses himself but has learned all about what is wrong with dressage from the 'innernet'.

People who can barely ride themselves but think all competitive dressage is crap.

freestyle2music
Dec. 21, 2007, 01:30 PM
Another frustration !

The whole world watched the brave Dutch riders who saved all the horses when a part of Holland was flooded. But how many of you saw the footage with all the dead horses, because the Dutch government toke the descission to give our army the first try to save these horses, with the result that many horses died because our government didn't want to listen to the horse-people.

Sandy M
Dec. 21, 2007, 04:50 PM
Another frustration !

The whole world watched the brave Dutch riders who saved all the horses when a part of Holland was flooded. But how many of you saw the footage with all the dead horses, because the Dutch government toke the descission to give our army the first try to save these horses, with the result that many horses died because our government didn't want to listen to the horse-people.

But I thought the whole story was that those particular horses were destined for slaughter so they were only "saved" temporarily.

canyonoak
Dec. 21, 2007, 05:09 PM
Most frustrating for me so far (I know I know, the year is basically over, but ya never know...LOL):

the high-handed decision of the USEF Dressage Committee to decide by themselves how they want to implement a proposal most people are not in favor of in the first place.

I dont CARE that the first time they try to implement it, they would probably be sued by umpteen DQs etc.

I dont CARE that it is a tempest in the teapot known as US dressage.

I DO care that the proposal is on the table for the silliest reason-- "welfare of the horse" -- and in no foreseeable way will benefit US dressage.

so humph!
taking toys and going home!

<g>

fargo
Dec. 21, 2007, 05:14 PM
Djeeezz This irritates me most, people going on international sites to complain about a rescue action of more than 1 year ago. People on both occasions (the first and the second rescue action) tried their best. Horses drowned and that was bad enough why go fingerpointing at people who were actually trying too and could drown too by trying? Pffff This post really is like whipping a dead horse. Go home do something interesting for a change.. instead of creating havoc on international boards..
And no Sandy M these horses were not butchered afterwards because there was a lot of protesting and there were a lot of caring people who took care of the horses.

GreekDressageQueen
Dec. 21, 2007, 07:10 PM
Posters on this forum who argue emotionally rather than trying to see both sides of the story and apply a certain amount of logic to an argument. Although I must say, the posters on the dressage forum have always seemed much more mature and reasonable. :) Maybe we have more patience?

freestyle2music
Dec. 21, 2007, 07:28 PM
Djeeezz This irritates me most, people going on international sites to complain about a rescue action of more than 1 year ago. People on both occasions (the first and the second rescue action) tried their best. Horses drowned and that was bad enough why go fingerpointing at people who were actually trying too and could drown too by trying? Pffff This post really is like whipping a dead horse. Go home do something interesting for a change.. instead of creating havoc on international boards..
And no Sandy M these horses were not butchered afterwards because there was a lot of protesting and there were a lot of caring people who took care of the horses.

Do you mean to say that it's only allowed to discus this ommision on a Dutch bulletin board ? I just wanted to make a statement that many people from foreign countries are not well informed and don't have the slightest idea what really happened. And..... please read...I don't fingerpoint at the people who were trying to save these horses. I fingerpointed at the local authorities who were taking the wrong descissions which costed a lot of horses their life. And since you bring this up, why do we hold healthy horses to be butchered in Holland or any other country ? And why is Holland the biggest exporter of horsemeat. Maybe you should order the brochure "Na dressuur in de frituur" van Wakker Dier.

class
Dec. 21, 2007, 07:43 PM
Maybe you should order the brochure "Na dressuur in de frituur" van Wakker Dier.

does this translate to "No dressage horses in my fritters!" ?

BarbB
Dec. 21, 2007, 08:20 PM
:sleepy:

Hazelnut
Dec. 21, 2007, 10:09 PM
My body is not as agile as the vision in my minds eye, but we're makin' progress.:yes:

The internet stuff...:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sabine
Dec. 22, 2007, 01:21 AM
I assume this is about internet forums and not real life.

So yeah, it's irritating when people express glee because someone gets bucked off. Agree with Theo on that one. On another board someone posted that the video of AVG getting bucked off was 'funny'. Yeah, hilarious.

Parelli and other NH franchises are irritating.

Extremists (parelli-ites, barefoot evangelists, socalled equine podiatrists, for example) are irritating

People who think dressage is inherently cruel because they read it on the innernet(sic). Because of the internet this is filtering down. I had a potential boarder (very green) come by. She said she was warned away from dressage by ( a horse whisperer) because it is cruel. SIGH. Where do you begin with that. I know the ' horse whisperer' in question. He is very new to horses himself but has learned all about what is wrong with dressage from the 'innernet'.

People who can barely ride themselves but think all competitive dressage is crap.

I am with you 100%- first really good post about the general stupidity of peeps looking at dressage...LOL! ( I am often amazed how otherwise perfectly intelligent, functioning and competent peeps- turn into absolute fools as soon as they approach the barn and put their dressage paraphenalia on...???)

freestyle2music
Dec. 22, 2007, 08:34 AM
But....... these armchairs/keyboard riders who are convicting all the topriders, trainers and judges often make one mistake. They put videos of their own rides and training on YouTube. ;)

MEP
Dec. 22, 2007, 07:46 PM
does this translate to "No dressage horses in my fritters!" ?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

ToN Farm
Dec. 22, 2007, 09:15 PM
But....... these armchairs/keyboard riders who are convicting all the topriders, trainers and judges often make one mistake. They put videos of their own rides and training on YouTube.
That is, IF they ride at all.

But really, this IS what has irritated me most in 2007, and also 1999 through 2007. The same group on a mission to save dressage from the evils of modern competition riders. I deserve to be irritated though, because I allow myself to go 'over there' and read this stuff.

Sabine
Dec. 23, 2007, 01:46 AM

But really, this IS what has irritated me most in 2007, and also 1999 through 2007. The same group on a mission to save dressage from the evils of modern competition riders. I deserve to be irritated though, because I allow myself to go 'over there' and read this stuff.

Nice wording Ton- just soo tactful and correct....aren't we all so united and ready for 2008!!

YIPPIE!!!

freestyle2music
Dec. 23, 2007, 11:25 AM

I know how that feels, and allthough we all can stop visiting these boards and use the ignore button more often that we do, we still like to torture ourselfs by going through all these postings.

The only thing I wish for 2008 is that all people keep posting their own thoughts and NOT just follow the leader. :mad:

slc2
Dec. 23, 2007, 11:47 AM
This is amusing. I thought this thread would turn into a bashing of top riders, and it did the opposite, LOL. Bashing of the BASHERS of the top riders, LOL.

But I agree.

I think the thing that's the best about these bb's is the sharing of information, but the thing that's the WORST is the incredible reinforcement it gives to people to gossip and complain about what other people do instead of thinking about how to establish and reach sensible goals.

dutchmike
Dec. 25, 2007, 06:13 PM
It was pretty pittyfull how people commented on the Anky incident I have to agree with Theo on that.

freestyle2music
Dec. 26, 2007, 09:38 AM
The judges in the P&P case made some firm statements regarding the FEI.

After the whole discussion about the welfare in connection with the trainingmethods, they came only with one thing that they could hold against the Dutch team coach. The use of a so called "Laufferzeugel" was not confirm the rules and regulations of the FEI. But since it was proven that the FEI and the stewards of the FEI never toke any action in hundred other cases of people using the same "Laufferzeugel" at competitions, this rule was considered outdated and not apllicable anymore. So let's hope that in the future the FEI will put sanctions when somebody acts against their own rules. Otherwise we will end up with no rules at all ?!:yes::cool:

The thing that irritates me is the fact that the FEI could have started a very thorough study about the effects of RK/HF already some years ago. But untill today we (and the judges) have nothing to build on, because the FEI seem to have other priorities.