PDA

View Full Version : ERIN is Resigning

Chief2
Dec. 3, 2007, 12:34 AM
For those not in the know, a childish eruption on the H/J board has led to the pending resignation of Erin and the other moderators as of 9am Monday 12/3/07. The post is the "Ciao" post on that board, and the resignation is on p.30. Prepare to lose the board if it goes through.

Sebastian
Dec. 3, 2007, 12:49 AM
I saw...

What a shame, that a handful of crazies will ruin it for the thousands (I'm including lurkers) of us who come here to share information and commroderey in our passion for horses.

We live in an age of the non-adult. Where tempertantrums are rewarded and common sense is deemed insane and beaten down.

It's a sad day if COTH is truly ending. I came here years ago from Equisearch because that BB had gotten so out of hand... I LOVED that there were moderators here...

Oh well...
Seb :cry:

tulkas
Dec. 3, 2007, 01:08 AM
Why am I not surprised that this all erupted on the H/J forum? Hardly civilized, those people.

Tulkas

Chief2
Dec. 3, 2007, 01:10 AM
The admins post-its are gone, and the classifieds have been locked.

Kenike
Dec. 3, 2007, 01:12 AM
I noticed that, too, Chief. :no:

Lori T
Dec. 3, 2007, 06:30 AM
No, this can't possibly happen. I will be so lost without this forum.

RiverBendPol
Dec. 3, 2007, 06:51 AM
How stupid. You know, a title on the H/J board caught my eye the other day as I signed on-I went to it and I was so disgusted with the bitchiness going on there. What a bunch. As I read, I thought THANK GOD I AM AN EVENTER! There is NEVER a squabble over here like they have over there. The worst we get is whether to put blankets on unclipped horses:winkgrin::lol:
Oh Erin, please don't quit. They are just rotten. Stay with us. I'm so sorry.....

kdail
Dec. 3, 2007, 07:27 AM
I really hope this BB continues, too. It's a lifeline for those of us who are new to the sport or working on our own out there. I learn something every day from this board.

Couldn't they just cancel the H/J forum, since that's the problem area? As long as those folks don't come over and pollute the other boards!

I didn't read the nasty threads, but what a shame to let some witches cancel this worthwhile resource. Hats off to the moderators for doing a tough job.

thumbsontop
Dec. 3, 2007, 07:27 AM
So...I must have missed it somewhere. I know Erin is resigning, but why would that mean that the board would close?

mythical84
Dec. 3, 2007, 08:00 AM
Oh I sincerely hope this isn't true.

Classic Melody
Dec. 3, 2007, 08:01 AM
My prediction: the board may go offline for a break, but it will back within days. Erin will eventually be back. If I've noticed anything about internet drama, it's that the people who announce they've had it and are quitting NEVER DO. They always come back. People who are truly disgusted just walk away quietly. They do not post crazy dramatic shit first.

I was not aware of the "Hall of Shame" because I only read eventing, horse care and off course. After the drama went down I noticed there was a "Hall of Shame" sticky on dressage, h/j, and breeding. And yes, I am proud to be an eventer right now.

kcrubin
Dec. 3, 2007, 08:06 AM
Can't they just ban the people causing the problem? Or do away with just the h/j board?

I haven't been over there to see what the deal is - don't want to sully my computer!

Don't go Erin!

silopanna
Dec. 3, 2007, 08:08 AM
the sad thing is is that it is not the majority of the H/J folks- it is just one small group that is doing this.

deltawave
Dec. 3, 2007, 08:13 AM
What a damn shame. I, too, would be lost without the COTH community. This is the only BB I hang out on, BECAUSE OF the moderation provided. Shame on you selfish idiots who may have potentially ruined it for all of us! There, I've violated a BB rule. Hope like heck I get smacked down for it. :no:

jgrass
Dec. 3, 2007, 08:21 AM
There are some technical ways to manage unruly posters...

1) Make any new poster go through a 2-3 week probation period when any message they want to post is inspected by a moderator before it is posted. This would make the rapid proliferation of new alters difficult (although it requires some effort from moderators).

2) assign reputation points to posters. Good behavior gets reward points. Bad behavior causes points to be taken away. Readers filter messages based on reputation points as desired. Bad enough behavior and your messages aren't seen by most people. (This works well on Slashdot.org)

3) this one is difficult... just ignore the troublemakers. No response. No reaction. Nada. This has worked on other boards, but takes some discipline from the board membership. May be difficult here.

My husband one moderated a technical newsgroup in which a heated discussion almost led to a duel. The challenge was made (slap with a white glove and demand for "satisfaction"), but luckily it ended there.

Some people can get way too invested in this stuff.

riverpup
Dec. 3, 2007, 08:21 AM
This is my only BB too, and I would hate to see it end. I just ignore the stuff I don't like. My first reaction is that we are going to lose so much in terms of helping each other. How often does someone need help with something, big or small and other COTH BB members pitch in to help? I can think of many examples.

The internet is a tough form of communication, because we don't get all the non-verbal messages that we need to be effective. Also the words stay there (usually permanently) and there are some who twist things out of proportion and take things way too seriously. I have a dear close friend who does this and I see what a huge waste of energy that is...

I am just rambling now, where is my fourth cup of coffee?.....

flyingchange
Dec. 3, 2007, 08:29 AM
ohh .. how sad.....

cholmberg
Dec. 3, 2007, 08:36 AM
There are some technical ways to manage unruly posters...

1) Make any new poster go through a 2-3 week probation period when any message they want to post is inspected by a moderator before it is posted. This would make the rapid proliferation of new alters difficult (although it requires some effort from moderators).

2) assign reputation points to posters. Good behavior gets reward points. Bad behavior causes points to be taken away. Readers filter messages based on reputation points as desired. Bad enough behavior and your messages aren't seen by most people. (This works well on Slashdot.org)

3) this one is difficult... just ignore the troublemakers. No response. No reaction. Nada. This has worked on other boards, but takes some discipline from the board membership. May be difficult here.

My husband one moderated a technical newsgroup in which a heated discussion almost led to a duel. The challenge was made (slap with a white glove and demand for "satisfaction"), but luckily it ended there.

Some people can get way too invested in this stuff.

I mentioned in another thread, and I'll mention it here too.

Just make it a pay site. Either you have to have a subscription to
have access, or pay a monthly/yearly fee. I know of a couple of
bb's who did this for pretty much the same problems with people
who just like to stir the pot and create alter after alter. Making it
pay only would make creating a bunch of alters pretty expensive.
I would certainly pay a fee to stay on COTH, and I'm betting a
great many others would too.
That way Chronicle would actually benefit from the bb, and it
would make it way easier to moderate.

deltawave
Dec. 3, 2007, 08:38 AM
Hear, hear. I would also pay to belong to COTH's BB if it could stay the way it is. Maybe give Erin and the other mods a big raise with the fees collected? :D

LookinSouth
Dec. 3, 2007, 08:38 AM
Wow leave it to some of the perpetual schmucks on the "other" forum to cause such a Ruckus!!! Over what???

Honestly I haven't had the time nor interest to bother reading through the Ciao thread, I've only glanced at it to find out what all the hoopla was about; which at that point I was totally stumped on why exactly so many on that forum are electing to become tangled in the OP's mess.

WHY??? Who gives a rats ass if so and so wants to leave(the OP). Let them say their last words and be done with it for crying out loud :no:

To the Mods out there reading: Please do not resign due to the actions of a ungrateful minority. By resigning they are winning their battle. Ignore them and move on....please:winkgrin:
I really like this board and the wealth of knowledge it brings with it, i've made alot of connections through it and I think it's a great resource, hate to see it go:cry:

LexInVA
Dec. 3, 2007, 08:40 AM
So...I must have missed it somewhere. I know Erin is resigning, but why would that mean that the board would close?

Erin is the one who does anything and everything with the board on the software side (that can be a full-time job in and of itself) in addition to her moderation duties. Without someone who can handle that, you've got a big problem. If her job was just confined to the technical needs, I'm sure she'd be happier than a Cub Scout in a whorehouse but dealing with the inbred drama queen mutants that places like Catchride and the H/J forum tend to attract and foster takes it's toll and she got more involved than she should have. The problem, IMO, is that they didn't have enough moderation and when there was serious moderation done by her, it got deeply personal, which is why things have escalated into this "I'm gonna tell your Mommy!" whine festival. Erin should have just stuck to handling the software along with whatever technical stuff she was assigned and left the moderation to those who know how it's done. It also doesn't help that there are so few moderators. Every successful forum I have been a part of has at least six moderators whereas this place has maybe two or three that I can think of offhand. That is definitely a big part of the problem. If the board does close and comes back as something else, maybe it will be moderated in a different fashion but if the board is going to change, it shouldn't be a repeat of the same mistakes that have been made this time around.

Dec. 3, 2007, 08:44 AM
I too would pay if it meant keeping COTH, this forum has been invaluable to me.

TBrescue
Dec. 3, 2007, 08:52 AM
I know that being a moderator is a thankless task, but the vast majority of the posters and lurkers really appreciate the moderators keeping things from getting out of hand. This BB is one of the best I have participated in and I will be very sad if it closes :(

fish
Dec. 3, 2007, 08:54 AM
I wouldn't blame the H/J folks entirely for this at all: as some of you may recall, the Breeders' forum was shut down a while back in response to violations of Erin's rules, with many people complaining to COTH, threatening to withdraw ads, etc., as a result. The Dressage Forum, too, has presented the mods. with its fair share of PITA's. As a species, we humans are a tough lot to domesticate. I agree that Erin has not had enough support and think it would be great if BB's took pains to structure the job of moderator/administrator in ways that could keep it from getting too personal.

I certainly hope we don't lose this BB. I've done a little bit of browsing, but never joined any of the others. I love the connection that exists between this BB and the magazine, my fondest hope being that it will at least remain open to COTH subscribers--- assuming, of course, that Erin's job is redesigned so it can become more manageable.

annikak
Dec. 3, 2007, 08:55 AM
I wonder how many people jumped to defend Erin- I for one did not, and am ashamed. I did not see that thread, what a mess it is.

I will hold tight to my ernest hope that the COTH BB stays with us. (Its better then the Mag right now IMHO...and I read that because of the BB)

asterix
Dec. 3, 2007, 08:58 AM
I would pay too. The crap that goes on adds NO value and a lot of heartache for the mods (and I'm sure COTH isn't thrilled about it either). It would suit me fine if this was a place we could swap course ratings, post the occasional pic, ask for help with scratches remedies, and fight gently about whose truck is better. :D
Oh, and read great stories like the 700$ pony and the llamas in georgia...

Whisper
Dec. 3, 2007, 10:00 AM
I have no idea why Race and the other people who've been banned keep trying to come back, and the support from the other posters there was just incomprehensible. There is no "matter of principle" - if anything, COTH as a business reserves the right to refuse service to anyone, same as McDonalds. ;) I'm sorry it has come to this, and hope that the forums are able to keep going. I hadn't bothered looking at the thread in question until I found out that Erin had resigned, so I couldn't support her there.

JAGold
Dec. 3, 2007, 10:09 AM
I haven't been posting lately, but I think it's a shame that the BB is in such disarray. I doubt that defending Erin would have made much of a difference -- I would guess that the very fact she might need defending against such petty, spiteful, self-interested behavior was the straw that finally broke the camel's back. I've been a member of this BB for (too) many years, and I've never seen Erin make a dramatic exit for the effect of it. But if I were her, I would have many times over...

So, thanks for the fun and the friends, and see you all on course one of these days! --Jess

CookiePony
I'm so disappointed that this has happened. I would absolutely be willing to pay to keep a COTH forum going. Great idea.

ETA: Erin, if you are reading this-- many thanks to you, and I'm sorry the BB became such a source of toxicity and stress for you.

purplnurpl
I would be lost without everyone from COTH.

I can't tell you guys what you have all done for me over the past years. Our forum is an endless pit of knowledge.

Training issues
HT questions
NUTRITION!!

Thank you all so much for so much help.

KBG Eventer
Dec. 3, 2007, 10:11 AM
This BB is such a great source. It is pretty much the only BB I look at. Sometimes I look at Catchride but that is normally just to have a good laugh at the trolls and/or COTH is down that day. I would pay to keep this BB going.

On a sad note, the way I actually found out about COTH was a thread on Catchride...they were discussing how to ambush COTH to start a fight and potentially bring down the moderators. :eek:

frugalannie
Dec. 3, 2007, 10:19 AM
Please, please reconsider and see if there are some terms under which you'll stay. Your efforts on the COTH BB have always been appreciated by 99.9% of us. You have set a tone for polite and rational discourse, and even some excellent pranks (Canadian invasion, anyone?). Many of us have made connections and learned so much through this BB, but even if it continued, it wouldn't be the same without you.

Erin, you have had a steady hand on the tiller and steered us through some rough waters before. Please don't let a few ruin what I hope has been a good experience overall for you, and certainly has been for me.

By the way, if I even read a thread on the H/J forum twice a year, I'd be surprised. Content on many of the other forums interests me more. If, God forbid, the BB shuts down, I will be bereft.

RAyers
Dec. 3, 2007, 10:22 AM
I can honestly say that COTH (specifically the Eventing and Horse Care forums) helped me grow A LOT as a horseman. I will miss my friends and not so friends here. Deltawave (and the other science for medicine geeks), flutie1, Malcom, kacyesrider, purpnurpl, whisper, gotspots, janet, astrix, rugbug, jswan, tomking, annikak, nevertime, IFG, adamsmom, and so many others, I will miss you guys. You can find my email using a google search (that whole openess of a university) so PLEASE keep in touch!!!

I saw the entire thread in question and I swear if I ever meet those "Aefvue" people (and they are willing to admit it) my fist might just stop short of their face.

Reed

snoopy
Dec. 3, 2007, 10:30 AM
all this talk of this BB being shut down because Erin may quit?! Has THAT even been discussed or confirmed? I think perhaps waiting things out before we say our goodbyes is a better course of action.

LexInVA
Dec. 3, 2007, 10:31 AM
This BB is such a great source. It is pretty much the only BB I look at. Sometimes I look at Catchride but that is normally just to have a good laugh at the trolls and/or COTH is down that day. I would pay to keep this BB going.

On a sad note, the way I actually found out about COTH was a thread on Catchride...they were discussing how to ambush COTH to start a fight and potentially bring down the moderators. :eek:

Well what else would you expect from a board run by a nobody former junior rider who was thrown out of the ring for his drug addiction? That website started out as a monument to the fragile egos of a small group of wealthy parent financed junior riders who felt they deserved special recognition. None of them amounted to anything special in the ring by the time they aged out and though it was slightly interesting years ago, thanks to it's so called founder, it became nothing more than a hangout for the trash of the h/j world who think they are entitled to recognition for their mediocre riding skills and successful rehab completion for the umpteenth time.

jennifersw
Dec. 3, 2007, 10:33 AM
Easy, folks. Those of you casting stones at the H/J folks are being just as ugly and catty as you blame them for being. Besides, I' ve witnessed ugliness on several other forums...I have sold horses who have gone onto other disciplines than h/j so I read all over the BB...though I must say its has lost its luster. Anytime you allow people to post under an alias, a surname, sign up with multiple user names so that they don' t get "found out"...you create an environment where people choose not to use common sense, or common courtesy.

I, too, started using the BB for research. One of my first posts, over a year ago (on the H/J board) was about a drug called "Tildren" my horse had just been prescribed. I asked if anyone knew anything about this still experimental, hardly available in the US product. The first thing that happened was that my post got relocated to "Horse Care"...made sense...and then came a post (in the Horse Care forum) from some nice person (HA!) who basically said, don' t waste our time...there were several threads on this drug a few months ago. "Do your research and do a search!" was what they said. Gee. Don' t be friendly just on my account.

Then came a series of messages from some guy who basically berated Tildren and all the vets prescribing it...they were damn- near threatening. Great- now I' m being harassed by some freak who seems to have a personal vendetta against some vet or drug company...sheesh...all I wanted to know is if anyone had used the drug and what were their results.

Not long after that, I pretty much quit using the BB...now I save it for times when I am bored at work and need some good entertainment. I seldom post. I mostly lurk and laugh. Its gotten totally out of hand and seems to be predominantly populated by people with way too much time- and way too many opinions on their hands. I, for one, will be glad to see it go, if it does. The Chronicle itslef is such a fantastic publication with a superb reputation...this BB component really brings it down and I cannot believe that the Publisher has not removed it long before now.

BarbB
Dec. 3, 2007, 10:40 AM
seems to be predominantly populated by people with way too much time- and way too many opinions on their hands. I, for one, will be glad to see it go, if it does. The Chronicle itslef is such a fantastic publication with a superb reputation...this BB component really brings it down and I cannot believe that the Publisher has not removed it long before now.

So, because you don't use the bb, don't like it, whatever, you think that the thousands of people who DO use it should not be allowed to?
Did you really mean that? :confused:

jennifersw
Dec. 3, 2007, 10:50 AM
Just giving my opinion, BarbB, same as everyone else does here. You don' t have to agree with me. I just really believe its time that the publishers really think hard about this board and what it has become. I work in publishing and we considered long and hard- and finally decided to do away with the "blog" on our own site because you unfortunately can' t trust most people to stay on the up and up...and sadly you end up being guilty by association if/ becasue you don' t control the content. Its pretty hard to explain to a paying advertiser...or a business/ individual we chose to write about...how we would allow someone to come on our blog and say they ate at "Harry' s Diner" (I just made that name up) and it was awful (while their ad talks about its 4 star quality)...and I know there are alllll sorts of disclaimers posted about how the ideas/ opinions/ etc. published on this forum are not necessarily those of the COTH and its staff...blah...blah....but it really DOES reflect poorly on the COTH that they pay people to sit and moderate what has become more of a gossip column and less of an information resource.

Its a shame, it really is.

RAyers
Dec. 3, 2007, 11:06 AM
Then came a series of messages from some guy who basically berated Tildren and all the vets prescribing it...they were damn- near threatening. Great- now I' m being harassed by some freak who seems to have a personal vendetta against some vet or drug company...sheesh...all I wanted to know is if anyone had used the drug and what were their results.

That "freak" would be me. I am sorry you feel that stating the facts about a drug is "berating" you. I spent numerous years involved with research on this drug as part of NASA. Because of that I have about a hundred times more experience than most vets and definitely any horse owner and I feel I have unique insight to the drug and the damage it does as well as how it works. I would be happy to give you a c.v. and references.

So lets' see, you have access to a real scientific resource becasue of COTH and you call him a "freak." Yeah, that works.

Reed

tx3dayeventer
Dec. 3, 2007, 11:14 AM
I am going to be very sad. Through this outlet I have reconnected with many horse-friends from times past and made a few new friends in my new area.

Lets hope that the mods do not cave to the foolishness and immaturity that will be the ruin of this wonderful (atleast in the eventing forum) board.

Twomanydawgs
Dec. 3, 2007, 11:21 AM
Ok I've kept quiet about this and yes, I agree Erin had a tough job but it would of been easier (IMHO) if she had just quietly moderated, banned who needed to be banned, and did not get "into" the discussions. It's kind of like being a newscaster on tv...you may not agree but you keep your opinions to yourself and do your job. Yes Erin has had to deal with wacks etc but I have seen alot of her posts and she did not always take the high road nor be unbiased. There is a big difference between moderating and commentating.

PiedPiper
Dec. 3, 2007, 11:28 AM
With all due respect, be on this board for a few years and see how easy it is to stay quiet and impartial with multiple attacks and insane actions.

There is a long history of outrageous behaviour by people calling places of employment (not COTH), calling mods at home, etc when they are banned, reprimanded, etc. That has to wear on even the most even tempered soul.

Nope, I would have utilized the motto, got a shovel and a shotgun, and no one is going to miss them, a LONG time ago. ;)

bambam
Dec. 3, 2007, 11:40 AM
Geez Reed! I cannot believe you wanted to share information about the drug based on your extensive experience with it- that just crosses the line ;)
If the BB goes down, I will miss it greatly. I have learned a lot from you folks and enjoyed the stories and gotten encouragement when I needed it.
I would pay to be a member in a heartbeat if that is that it takes.
But hopefully it will not go down, COTH has not decided this is more hassle than it is worth and they can convince another sucker, errr I mean administrator, to take on the onerous task of moderating (they might not want to tell applicants about the banned people who called Erin at home . . . )

hey101
Dec. 3, 2007, 11:42 AM
I will really miss this board. I have learned so much about every aspect of horses- care, competing, "insider" info on the top levels of the eventing board, money-saving tips, met some great people- both in real life, and those who remain just internet friends-, found renters for our farm, etc etc.

I have looked around at some of the other boards and find all of them lacking. I guess the next best would be TOC, but I find the horse discussion over there to be very sub-par... the threads on horses get only a few replies, whereas the "Off Topic" forum seems to get most of the traffic. If I want to chat about non-horse related stuff, I'll call my real-life friends! I guess if more COTH refugees head over there it could get better. The Catchride forum kind of scares me! :lol:

I would be willing to pay to keep COTH going.

RiverBendPol
Dec. 3, 2007, 11:55 AM
:lol:Reed, I just KNEW you were the 'freak'. I must also tell you that about a year ago, Tildren was suggested for a navic horse of ours. Naturally, I jumped on the Horse Care page and asked the question. Because of your "personal vendetta" (o please) against the vets and drug companies, we opted to skip the Tildren and see how the horse would do on his own. Guess what. He's sound, Knock On Wood! So, to you, I say THANKS. And to Roundbale who helped diagnose Mikey's EPSM, never before discussed as occurring in TBs. And to everyone else on here who has offered advice, held my hand through trauma and sadness, adopted orphaned kittens from my daughter, and to Erin for a great article on EPSM in the Chronicle, featuring Mikey, etc. etc. etc. Its been real, Kids.

Hannahsmom
Dec. 3, 2007, 12:11 PM
I sure hope this board doesn't close. I've gotten lots of great info. I am sorry that the moderators have to deal with all this crap. I was on help desk for a software application for a year or two and admit that after a while it was all one could do not to throttle the users.

BTW, I only subscribe to the magazine BECAUSE of this board. As a courtesy thank you. Without the BB, I won't bother.

eventer80
Dec. 3, 2007, 12:17 PM
I am afraid if we made this a paying board we would loose quite a few new and potentially useful members. They may not realize how useful this board is and not join b/c of the $. That would be a shame. The beauty of this board was the free flow of information and the easy access (among other things).

eventer80
Dec. 3, 2007, 12:24 PM
I am afraid if we made this a paying board we would loose quite a few new and potentially useful members. They may not realize how useful this board is and not join b/c of the $. That would be a shame. The beauty of this board was the free flow of information and the easy access (among other things).

Doodle
Dec. 3, 2007, 12:34 PM
Ok I've kept quiet about this and yes, I agree Erin had a tough job but it would of been easier (IMHO) if she had just quietly moderated, banned who needed to be banned, and did not get "into" the discussions. It's kind of like being a newscaster on tv...you may not agree but you keep your opinions to yourself and do your job. Yes Erin has had to deal with wacks etc but I have seen alot of her posts and she did not always take the high road nor be unbiased. There is a big difference between moderating and commentating.

BINGO. Well said.

and another thing -Wahh wahh wahh,,.. its not like the moderators are curing cancer, ok? geez.

One Star
Dec. 3, 2007, 12:44 PM
I can honestly say that COTH (specifically the Eventing and Horse Care forums) helped me grow A LOT as a horseman. I will miss my friends and not so friends here. Deltawave (and the other science for medicine geeks), flutie1, Malcom, kacyesrider, purpnurpl, whisper, gotspots, janet, astrix, rugbug, jswan, tomking, annikak, nevertime, IFG, adamsmom, and so many others, I will miss you guys. You can find my email using a google search (that whole openess of a university) so PLEASE keep in touch!!!

I saw the entire thread in question and I swear if I ever meet those "Aefvue" people (and they are willing to admit it) my fist might just stop short of their face.

Reed

Reed, please don't think this happened simply because of "Aefvue people," because it didn't. There were a lot of mean-spirited things said and directed at Erin and the OP that came from a whole host of sources, and Erin's decision to submit a resignation stemmed from years of frustration with moderating two very difficult forums on this BB with repeat offenders.

I post 99% of my posts over here, as I am an eventer, and had nothing to do with any nasty post or with Erin's decision. But I have Aefvue in my screen name because I do belong to that BB, so don't be so quick to jump to the wrong conclusion that there is guilt by association.

There are plenty of Aefvue people, and non-Aefvue people, that are appalled at the tone that thread on the H/J forum took.

I surely hope you will reconsider your statement about the fist to the face, because I am sure that I don't deserve it.

Ghazzu
Dec. 3, 2007, 01:05 PM
Reed, you freak--
I had no strong opinion and little experience with Tildren when I read your posts.
They helped me make up my mind.
And I'm a DVM.

JDufort
Dec. 3, 2007, 01:38 PM
for making this my BB home.

Its been an invaluable resource to Johanna and I, and a community we've come to love.

Bah humbug to the troublemakers.

cyberbay
Dec. 3, 2007, 01:43 PM
This BB to me has been a really wonderful source of info, on topics I'm interested in and topics that aren't that intriguing to me at the moment...

By far, most posters are civilized in their posts -- at least, that's been my experience. And COTH has to not be overcome by a tiny, tiny number of evil-doers. To let them vanquish the board is, essentially, to join in with them. You know, it's kind of like killing the horse b/c you've discovered it has a few parasites. All this board needs is a dose of wormer!

Lookout
Dec. 3, 2007, 01:44 PM
Can't they just ban the people causing the problem? Or do away with just the h/j board?

tHEY thried that, they just keep Coming back and back, changing their users names thinking they worn't be recignized and when that dinn't work Erin put up the hall of shame outing thme with there real names which supposedly is a breach of privacy policy so maybe it was not her 'choice' to resign?

Kenike
Dec. 3, 2007, 01:53 PM
Thanks to all those who've stood up for us H/J people. We're not all immature troublemakers. (FWIW, I've seen the same type of attitude on ALL the discipline boards, and the one thread being spoken of wasn't just H/J people)
For those who want to do away with the H/J forum: why? Why get rid of such a huge discipline? Do you really think it would "solve" any of this kind of behavior? It would just further the arguments on the other discipline boards. Among other things (why would a full-service publication/bb purposely and so visibly shun such a big customer base?).
And, yes, I'd be willing to pay, especially as part of my publication subscription.

PiedPiper
Dec. 3, 2007, 02:45 PM
Thanks to all those who've stood up for us H/J people. We're not all immature troublemakers. (FWIW, I've seen the same type of attitude on ALL the discipline boards, and the one thread being spoken of wasn't just H/J people)
For those who want to do away with the H/J forum: why? Why get rid of such a huge discipline? Do you really think it would "solve" any of this kind of behavior? It would just further the arguments on the other discipline boards. Among other things (why would a full-service publication/bb purposely and so visibly shun such a big customer base?).
And, yes, I'd be willing to pay, especially as part of my publication subscription.

In short, yes. There have been more issues in the H/J and the Breeding forum than all the other forums combined. It is very rare, maybe once a year that there is an issue in Eventing, Racing, Endurance, etc.

Yes I would be willing to pay.

goobs
Dec. 3, 2007, 03:34 PM
I read the Ciao thread (sort of - my eyes were glazing over as I went through the posts and I was having a hard time focusing on any of the nonsense) and I don't get it? What was all the hoopla about? Someone's praire dog dying? Lunacy! Also I didn't see any Hall of Shame stickies anywhere. Gee I am really in the dark.

It is sad if the board closes down - that would suck but I can understand Erin getting sick and tired of moderating. I don't know how she has done it for this long.

Glimmerglass
Dec. 3, 2007, 03:44 PM
... but it would of been easier (IMHO) if she had just quietly moderated, banned who needed to be banned ...

The 'banning' is something whereby in 1999 or even in 2005 wasn't really difficult to do and it was done. The problem has been that technology in 2007 has advanced enough that it cannot be done effectively if someone is hellbent to return - which was the case here.

A banned user can (and did) spoof an isp provided address so that when the mods are looking for X isp address to block, the banned user simply uses readily found software or one of the assorted websites (readily found) to voyage from and hide their true isp address. They sign back up under a new name and continue their foolish games.

InVA
Dec. 3, 2007, 03:50 PM
Hey we can all get out of control when our tempers get the better of us. but Erin might have used a bit of restraint when dealing with certain things. She is in a position of ANONYMOUS moderating.. there was never a need for public wrist slapping like the kind that she dealt out.

All she did was stoke fires.. instead of put them out.

BarbB
Dec. 3, 2007, 03:50 PM
Reed, please don't think this happened simply because of "Aefvue people," because it didn't. There were a lot of mean-spirited things said and directed at Erin and the OP that came from a whole host of sources, and Erin's decision to submit a resignation stemmed from years of frustration with moderating two very difficult forums on this BB with repeat offenders.

Even though some of the FU'ers are struggling mightily to put a good spin on this and are busily dusting off the Welcome mat over at TOC, if you want to know what ERIN said about why ERIN had had enough you might want to go and read ERIN's words for a version with a little less political correctness, or blatant spin, your choice.

You don't have to wade thru the entire "ciao" thread, it is one of the last posts.

Twomanydawgs
Dec. 3, 2007, 03:54 PM
Ok can anyone remember anyone having as much trouble with any of the other mods though?? I can't seem to find anyone who can remember as many trainwrecks etc. with the other mods...was it all done via pms or did the other mods just close the thread, remind the offending poster of the rules and/or ban the offender and be done WITHOUT commentating snarkily??? My sentiments EXACTLY VA

deltawave
Dec. 3, 2007, 04:31 PM
I'm not aware of any "slapping down" that Erin or any other moderator did that was anything but deserved. So it's OK to break the (well-publicized) rules of this (free) forum but it's NOT OK for the moderator to moderate? If you don't like the BB, or Erin, or the way it's run, WHY COME HERE???

One Star
Dec. 3, 2007, 04:36 PM
Even though some of the FU'ers are struggling mightily to put a good spin on this and are busily dusting off the Welcome mat over at TOC, if you want to know what ERIN said about why ERIN had had enough you might want to go and read ERIN's words for a version with a little less political correctness, or blatant spin, your choice.

You don't have to wade thru the entire "ciao" thread, it is one of the last posts.

C'mon, BarbB, we don't need to start anything up over here in the Eventing forum. Please. I was responding to Reed's post as an individual and asking not to be lumped in with a group for the collective face-punching. I have been posting on the Eventing forum here for far longer than any association with any other BB, and value the many friends and acquaintances I've made here and would like to continue to participate in discussions about my sport without fear or reprisal or repercussion for something I did not have direct involvement in. Further, I'm not trying to put any spin on anything.

If you're going to quote my post, quote the entire message, and not just the part that's convenient for you to use as a springboard for continued Aefvue-bashing. A lot of the posters using alters and saying terrible things on that "Ciao" thread have nothing to do with the Aefvue bulletin board. Most of the Aefvue people don't even post on the Chronicle Forums anymore. Word.

Thank you.

BLBGP
Dec. 3, 2007, 04:45 PM
Hey - please don't blame us HJers. It was a handful of Aefvue people and a handful of banned breeders returning under alters who caused the ruckus.

I like this place. I have been posting here for along time. It would be a shame to lose it because of a few "adults" who need to grow up more than a little.

LookinSouth
Dec. 3, 2007, 04:49 PM
Couldn't they just cancel the H/J forum, since that's the problem area? As long as those folks don't come over and pollute the other boards!

Hey so what if they do??? We can ignore them. It seems when they DO attempt to stir the pot over here they get little attention to begin with (much to their dismay) and if they DO get attention it's usually sans the drama they seek :lol::lol: Sounds like a grand idea if you ask me.

Sherry
Dec. 3, 2007, 04:54 PM
IMO....the REAL cause of the problem was that the thread wasn't closed early on. The moderators had the power to do so. One moderator did close it but another re-opened it instead of just leaving it alone....knowing that a trainwreck and lots of name calling and finger pointing and nasty things would be following her action. Looks to me that she did it on purpose. Not sure why......although I do have an opinion, which I shall keep to myself.

Dr. Doolittle
Dec. 3, 2007, 05:31 PM
The 'banning' is something whereby in 1999 or even in 2005 wasn't really difficult to do and it was done. The problem has been that technology in 2007 has advanced enough that it cannot be done effectively if someone is hellbent to return - which was the case here.

A banned user can (and did) spoof an isp provided address so that when the mods are looking for X isp address to block, the banned user simply uses readily found software or one of the assorted websites (readily found) to voyage from and hide their true isp address. They sign back up under a new name and continue their foolish games.

Wow...

(Shakes head in dismay and puzzlement)

Being a bit of a "technophobe" myself, I wouldn't be *able* to do any of these things if I tried, but my question is: why on EARTH do they feel the (apparently compulsive) overwhelming need?!? :sigh: Don't these troublemaking, puerile, bear-baiting a$$holes have LIVES?!? (And if I were kicked off a BB for bad behavior, methinks that the *last* thing I would want to do is sneak my way back in to a "cyber community" where I was *clearly* unwanted! :confused: Just common sense, it would seem...:rolleyes)

Dang, I just don't know where they get the time and energy (not to mention the bile and seething resentment) that allows/compels them to relentlessly continue these juvenile behaviors...I think they need more exercise, more love, more *something* in their lives than a keyboard, an opinion, and a forum for it...

It would be a horrible shame if this BB were to be shut down, considering all of the (non troublemaking) members who want desperately for it to continue--and what a wonderful resource would be lost!

I usually keep my opinions to myself too (unless they are either "informative or "neutral" in nature ;)), and l feel that tact and diplomacy are important qualities in life--even on a BB, where one is (usually :p) anonymous. Though I may be in the minority, I can honestly say that "life without vitriol-spewing" is mostly pretty peaceful and harmonious...

And I would pay to access the BB in a heartbeat! :yes:

retreadeventer
Dec. 3, 2007, 06:34 PM
I have a question. How much time does it require to moderate the boards on a daily or regular basis? Is it a full or part time job? How much time was it taking -- if anyone knows or is speaking to Erin or any other moderator -- to ban, reban, discipline posters?
I am just asking. Also, are the moderators paid?

HiJumpGrrl
Dec. 3, 2007, 07:04 PM
It is COULD be a full-time job... but this FREE BOARD was moderated by a bunch of volunteers. DMK, Weatherford, Erin all did it out of the kindness of their hearts. Erin did receive a stipend for being the head moderator, but as far as I know, it was not worth the heart- (or head-)ache.

Most of the griping takes place via Email or private messages. I only wonder that they dealt with it for so long...

retreadeventer
Dec. 3, 2007, 07:56 PM
My heavens! They did it for free? Good grief! No wonder it's a disaster. Begs question: Why on earth would anyone take that crap, and why on earth would the Chronicle allow it?

ss3777
Dec. 3, 2007, 08:52 PM
OK, so the only thing I can figure from all of this is that there is one hell of a thesis here for a social or maybe a cultural anthropology major. This is really a mind boggler.

Waltongirl
Dec. 3, 2007, 08:57 PM
well i still don't get it - someone's dog died, they set up alters, Erin got mad and now she is quitting?

my opinion - erin can be a bit testy, but holy cow - moderating all these posts from all these people???? she has a right to be testy - she seems the most invested of all the moderators. i would hate to see her go, and i'd really hate to see the BB go down.

no chance of finding some middle ground??

GreystoneKC
Dec. 3, 2007, 11:27 PM

You're my hero.

I'm ashamed to be a H/J snob.... :-(

Can I hang out with you guys now?

Heinz 57
Dec. 3, 2007, 11:29 PM
COTH is my encyclopedia. The string that ties me to the outside world.

Where else can I keep up on the latest fashion trends? Ask about the calories per pound in a certain feed? Poll a diverse group of people on just about ANYTHING as long as its HR?

If it weren't for COTH, I wouldn't know half the things I know now. I've been on this board since 2000 (sadly, my SN was lost in the transition last year). For those that remember, I was Heinz 57. I practically grew up on this board and appreciate those posters from that era of my life that not only tolerated my ignorant immaturity, but helped point me in the right direction and allowed me to learn. I came across COTH while searching for info on different types of braids. It was a thread that Velvet had started about scallop braids. From then on, I was hooked. Everything from entertaining stories to good laughs, a good tear-jerking REAL LIFE thread, to informational, scientific and CERTAINLY educational debates. I have learned SO much about feeding, conditioning, bitting, flatwork and jumping exercises, and even fashion. Just think of how many people started feeding BOSS because of this board alone. Just think of how many CANTER horses found homes because of this board alone.

If it weren't for COTH, I wouldn't know SO many things.

If COTH takes a dive, those posters that had a hand in it probably don't want to be sporting their COTH hats or "Where's the Fruitbat" tees, lest ye be stoned into the water complex to be trampled by the thousand hooves of competing horses.

If it wasn't for the COTH forums... I'd probably be wearing a show bow right now.

:D

eventer4ever
Dec. 4, 2007, 12:06 AM
I just don't know what I would do with this BB.

I don't post most but I lurk a couple times a day. And I've learned so much. I don't know what I do without all the info I get on here. Like so many of the posts I've read on this thread, I know so much because of COTH.

Please COTH BB don't shut down.

And a sarcastic "thanks" to the few who might have ruined it for all of us.

Erica

LimoWrek
Dec. 5, 2007, 12:23 AM
Well what else would you expect from a board run by a nobody former junior rider who was thrown out of the ring for his drug addiction? That website started out as a monument to the fragile egos of a small group of wealthy parent financed junior riders who felt they deserved special recognition. None of them amounted to anything special in the ring by the time they aged out and though it was slightly interesting years ago, thanks to it's so called founder, it became nothing more than a hangout for the trash of the h/j world who think they are entitled to recognition for their mediocre riding skills and successful rehab completion for the umpteenth time.

Thrown out of the ring? What does that mean? Get over it horseridinghero, you know way to much about me. Someone alerted me to your post here, so I felt urged to reply.

As my favorite reality character, Sister Patterson (ILoveNewYork2's crazy ghetto mother, who is always shown with multiple sound effects on screen) says, YOU ARE A FREAK.

You are a freak who stalks girls and riders you see in the small time horse publications. You worked at radio shack, for real. What a loser. There are so many other thigns you could have been doing, and I have never met anyone but a complete loser who has bad skin and stinkey breath that has worked at a radio shack. Please don't give me some excuse that you were doing something better at the time for your future. How many important people who are intersting and good at life do you know who has radio shack on their resume.

All I can say is that up until this point in my life I have had an interesting ride in life, and I think that is such an invaluable thing. I may have a spotty past, but no one else knew that I was doing drugs as much as I did in real life. I also had tons of fun, I lived it up for about five years and now I've moved on. How many people can say that they had serious addiction issues, managed to overcome them, and are back on track in life and doing well. Can you? I have stories upon stories from the multitude of people I have met from all walks of life. I have helped saved people's lives, literally by helping them come from places much lower than I have. I've lived in many different places, I've worked in different fields. I've had groups of friends who were incredibly wealthy, and I've had fabulous friends who were single mothers who supported themselves on a server's wages. I can truly say that I know exactly who I am, and I know where I want to go. I like myself a lot, and I wouldn't change a single thing about my history. There is nothing I would change in my life. Can you say the same thing, radio shack boy?

Bugging girls on the internet horsey websites is way cool. If I had to guess, I'd bet that you have a porn website on your bookmarks list. You disgust me. You've even been banned from BB's for being a freak. A simple, complete freak. The last time I was banned from an interent site was when I was like 16. I'm 23 now.

I'd hate to be boring, dull. You seem to constantly be picking fights and making an idiot of yourself. I don't see that you have many people who care at all what you say online, and this usually translates into real life. How sad for you.

OH well. Cheers, see you all later.

TexasTB
Dec. 5, 2007, 12:29 AM
Real cool Limo.. real cool..

Now if you'd kindly remove yourself from the eventing forum so we can actually have CONSTRUCTIVE conversation, that would be wonderful

Bless your soul.

LimoWrek
Dec. 5, 2007, 12:37 AM
Real cool Limo.. real cool..

Now if you'd kindly remove yourself from the eventing forum so we can actually have CONSTRUCTIVE conversation, that would be wonderful

Bless your soul.

My goal in life is not to be cool, it is only to be true to myself. Of course I really don't have any intention on posting here again, but I did feel like I needed to respond. A personal attack from someone I have never talked to is not cool. I haven't really even been on the internet or posted here in years.

But anyway, carry on with this CONSTRUCTIVE, on topic conversation.

flyingchange
Dec. 5, 2007, 09:49 AM
How many important people who are intersting and good at life do you know who has radio shack on their resume.

Trent Reznor (Nine Inch Nails) used to work at Radio Shack. I think he's pretty friggin interesting!

BarbB
Dec. 5, 2007, 09:55 AM
Limowrek, are you Catchrider.com?

I was going to say I have seen some good discussions and very funny posts on that forum, but if this is your way of advertising....:rolleyes:

Please let me know if I am mistaken and that is not your bb. I hate to scratch the bb off of my list if I have this mixed up.

asterix
Dec. 5, 2007, 09:57 AM
fc, you know the MOST interesting things :D

Very sad to see what has happened -- I guess I thought in our little bubble world here, on the Eventing forum, lots of times of Horse Care -- we didn't have the same dangers of some of the rest of the net communities...

Heck, I've even used this board as an example for clients who are interested but wary about the benefits of running communities. Oops.

I am heartened to read the commitment of COTH to keep the boards running, and I know that the vast majority of posters want to, and do, participate in a community that is civil, friendly, and supportive. Lots of us would pay for that if asked, and would abide by more closely monitored boards if need be.

flyingchange
Dec. 5, 2007, 10:05 AM
Aww, thanks Asterix. I am so proud of my repertoir of useless modern pop trivia. It really has gotten me so far in life!

Was that a snarky :D? If so, it made me feel bad. :cry:

I spend way too much time on this BB. Especially now that it is cold, there are no events to go to, and nothing really going on. I think I would have to go to a 12 step program to come off it.

But isnt it around this time every year that these b*&ch fights erupt here? Something to do with tack room fever?

asterix
Dec. 5, 2007, 10:32 AM
perhaps this is how the snarkfests start! No, no, no meant in a snark way at all -- we actually know each other in RL and we can still misinterpret online!

Yes, tack room fever is setting in!!! I would be seriously BEREFT without COTH. I am a scary addict. When I'm not at the barn, I'm on the computer, and COTH is usually lurking back there on my screen....

flyingchange
Dec. 5, 2007, 10:46 AM
I knew you weren't being a snark. :cool:

I was referring to the dressage thread on erin resigning.

there's a bit of back-and-forth on interpreting the meaning of :D

it's most amusing.

LexInVA
Dec. 5, 2007, 10:55 AM
Thrown out of the ring? What does that mean? Get over it horseridinghero, you know way to much about me. Someone alerted me to your post here, so I felt urged to reply.

As my favorite reality character, Sister Patterson (ILoveNewYork2's crazy ghetto mother, who is always shown with multiple sound effects on screen) says, YOU ARE A FREAK.

You are a freak who stalks girls and riders you see in the small time horse publications. You worked at radio shack, for real. What a loser. There are so many other thigns you could have been doing, and I have never met anyone but a complete loser who has bad skin and stinkey breath that has worked at a radio shack. Please don't give me some excuse that you were doing something better at the time for your future. How many important people who are intersting and good at life do you know who has radio shack on their resume.

All I can say is that up until this point in my life I have had an interesting ride in life, and I think that is such an invaluable thing. I may have a spotty past, but no one else knew that I was doing drugs as much as I did in real life. I also had tons of fun, I lived it up for about five years and now I've moved on. How many people can say that they had serious addiction issues, managed to overcome them, and are back on track in life and doing well. Can you? I have stories upon stories from the multitude of people I have met from all walks of life. I have helped saved people's lives, literally by helping them come from places much lower than I have. I've lived in many different places, I've worked in different fields. I've had groups of friends who were incredibly wealthy, and I've had fabulous friends who were single mothers who supported themselves on a server's wages. I can truly say that I know exactly who I am, and I know where I want to go. I like myself a lot, and I wouldn't change a single thing about my history. There is nothing I would change in my life. Can you say the same thing, radio shack boy?

Bugging girls on the internet horsey websites is way cool. If I had to guess, I'd bet that you have a porn website on your bookmarks list. You disgust me. You've even been banned from BB's for being a freak. A simple, complete freak. The last time I was banned from an interent site was when I was like 16. I'm 23 now.

I'd hate to be boring, dull. You seem to constantly be picking fights and making an idiot of yourself. I don't see that you have many people who care at all what you say online, and this usually translates into real life. How sad for you.

OH well. Cheers, see you all later.

Richard,

I'm never picking fights. Just stating facts that you yourself have stated (with pride I might add) on numerous occasions and facts that others are more than willing to confirm and elaborate on. As for your information about me, since it comes from someone who has been proved to be more delusional than you are about their equestrian activities, though I have to give you credit for actually getting on a horse unlike her who simply stole show photos from others, I can't give it any serious consideration. Now if you consider verifying someone's grandiose claims about themselves, their fake farm, and their horses to be stalking, then I guess I'm guilty as charged and you're still high as a kite. One thing you consistently forget or overlook is that I NEVER EVER met Courtney nor has anyone else. If you go through your own posts on your own forum you'll see that you had concluded she was a fake long before I was ever invited to that forum by her. Maybe if you weren't so strung out from all those drugs you were on at the time, you might have remembered that and much of the other stuff that went on. Had you cared to read any of the rather large body of evidence that was presented from many of the people she had threatened and harassed, instead of encouraging the behavior you and your so called horse forum is known for, I might have cut you some slack but you just keep on screwing up whenever you are given the chance to prove yourself. I've never been banned from any boards. Unlike yourself who has been banned from several for your idiotic behavior and self-promotion of your filthy website in addition to posting on drug user boards giving advice about how to best inject yourself and what to steal from a horse facility to get yourself high.

When you frequently ignore reality (something you are known to do), it's hard for anyone to take you seriously but your family keeps hoping that might change at some point which is why they stick you in the corner, pay your bills, and hope you'll work yourself out without causing them any more grief in their social circles. Maybe you're just not cut out for the real world where your riding in the local ghetto A-show doesn't mean shit but I can see how difficult it must be to live up to the high standards set by the rest of your family. Regardless of how you think I might see you, I honestly hope you do get your life together and move on from the horse world as it clearly isn't a place you belong in with your behavior. Who knows, maybe with a lot of work and your dad's money you might get a small piece of the family business someday if it is still around at that time. Then maybe the rest of the world including your family can look you in the eye and say they are genuinely proud of you.

Alex

P.S. Don't count on Catchride being around forever. It's days are numbered.

asterix
Dec. 5, 2007, 10:58 AM
ok, on behalf of everyone here, can I ask the two of you to please TAKE THIS SOMEWHERE ELSE. We have no interest in this personal back-and-forth. It is very much not welcome here.
thanks.

LexInVA
Dec. 5, 2007, 11:12 AM
ok, on behalf of everyone here, can I ask the two of you to please TAKE THIS SOMEWHERE ELSE. We have no interest in this personal back-and-forth. It is very much not welcome here.
thanks.

Sorry, I couldn't refrain from kicking the crap out of Mason Phelps The Third. :winkgrin:

asterix
Dec. 5, 2007, 11:50 AM
we
just
don't
care

particularly not now, when we've nearly lost the bb to this sort of stuff.

frugalannie
Dec. 5, 2007, 12:02 PM
I second Asterix. LexInVa and LimoWreck please, PLEASE discuss your issues elsewhere or don't: up to you, but not here. This isn't about either of you.

As Asterix said:

we
just
don't
care

snoopy
Dec. 5, 2007, 12:07 PM
thanks.

Agreed.

LimoWrek
Dec. 5, 2007, 05:23 PM
Limowrek, are you Catchrider.com?

I was going to say I have seen some good discussions and very funny posts on that forum, but if this is your way of advertising....:rolleyes:

Please let me know if I am mistaken and that is not your bb. I hate to scratch the bb off of my list if I have this mixed up.

oh you know what, nevermind. This is fruitless.

Brave2Xrails
Dec. 5, 2007, 07:02 PM
Sorry, I couldn't refrain from kicking the crap out of Mason Phelps The Third. :winkgrin:

Sir: You are showing your true colors with statements like that. You obviously have some kind of axe to grind with LW - what happened, did you make a pass at him and he rejected you? Unrequited love stings but this thread isn't about your personal vendetta towards a guy you have a crush on and appear to be stalking - it's about begging Erin to come back. So can you stick to the topic at hand?

LexInVA
Dec. 5, 2007, 07:07 PM
Sir: You are showing your true colors with statements like that. You obviously have some kind of axe to grind with LW - what happened, did you make a pass at him and he rejected you? Unrequited love stings but this thread isn't about your personal vendetta towards a guy you have a crush on and appear to be stalking - it's about begging Erin to come back. So can you stick to the topic at hand?

Alexa, this thread has gone back to the topic at hand. :) Why don't you go back to Catchride and complain about the Green Chimney kids you are supposed to be helping like you usually do? Fakes like the two of you are not welcome here.

spina
Dec. 5, 2007, 07:15 PM
… dealing with the inbred drama queen mutants that places like Catchride and the H/J forum tend to attract and foster takes it's toll...

Why am I not surprised that this all erupted on the H/J forum? Hardly civilized, those people.

How stupid. You know, a title on the H/J board caught my eye the other day as I signed on-I went to it and I was so disgusted with the bitchiness going on there. What a bunch. As I read, I thought THANK GOD I AM AN EVENTER! There is NEVER a squabble over here like they have over there...

excuse me Mr. Pot, what color did you say that kettle was?

Brave2Xrails
Dec. 5, 2007, 07:21 PM
Fakes like the two of you are not welcome here.

One could say the same about you. I am sure that nobody on this thread appreciates our collective nonsense.

VicarageVee
Dec. 5, 2007, 07:41 PM
WOW.

I don't know what all of this is about, but I joined this forum to talk and learn about all things horse related...

Brave2Xrails
Dec. 5, 2007, 07:50 PM
WOW.

I don't know what all of this is about, but I joined this forum to talk and learn about all things horse related...

Really? It seems that Lex wants to use it to post personal information about people he dislikes but doesn't know in real life.

Is this what COTH is going to become? A place where some stalker who has a vendetta against another board is going to post all of the information he collected about their admins and mods? Sounds great...

VicarageVee
Dec. 5, 2007, 08:07 PM
Really? It seems that Lex wants to use it to post personal information about people he dislikes but doesn't know in real life.

Is this what COTH is going to become? A place where some stalker who has a vendetta against another board is going to post all of the information he collected about their admins and mods? Sounds great...

Please don't bring me into this by quoting me.

I second all the people that said you should take this elsewhere. The eventing forum on CoTH is for learning how to properly poultice legs after xc, how to jump down banks, where to find good hills to do conditioning work, talk about how much we love Teddy, ask general knowledge questions, and discuss how much we love to event.

I think I'll just quit this BB all together. I'd much rather be out with the horses anyway!

horseguy
Dec. 6, 2007, 08:07 AM
“Cultures” have content, i.e. posts, and context. COTH has a very cliquey context. As long as moderators ignore and/or support these more general contextual expressions of immaturity, these sorts of things will happen.

admin
Dec. 6, 2007, 09:08 AM
This thread is being closed due to completely off-topic and insulting posts by LimoWrek and LexInVA. If you wish to start another thread about the future of the BB, or just comment on the post Rob Banner published, please feel free. But that kind of discourse won't be tolerated. Thank you.