PDA

View Full Version : Egads! Who wrote THIS?!?

Lady Counselor
Nov. 27, 2007, 01:38 PM
Ohmyfreakinglawd......I stumbled across this (http://www.ehow.com/how_9047_choose-thoroughbred-horse.html) gem today....
Here's the complete How-to guide for you aspiring Thoroughbred owners!
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
(where's the rolling on the floor laughing icon when you need it?)

Barnfairy
Nov. 27, 2007, 02:10 PM
Oh. MyGod.

I don't even know where to begin with that one. Should I :lol: or should I be :eek: ?

Good news! According to the instructions, choosing a thoroughbred is "easy"!

I did not know that all I need is an 8-foot lead rope and a halter!!!! To think, all this time I've been farting around with trivial matters such as hay, grain, and a barn!!!!

Dang. My mares only measure 15.2 and 15.3. Does this mean they are not thoroughbreds? (Wait. I thought I only needed a lead rope and a halter. Should I measure the horse with the 8' lead rope?)

And who knew: Tall = good jumper

This sort of reminds me of that Monty Python skit, "How to Do It!" (http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=tNfGyIW7aHM) (I'm so glad to be living in the age of YouTube)

Ohhhhhh. Thanks for the laugh, Lady Counselor!

DeeThbd
Nov. 27, 2007, 02:16 PM
Step 1: Get a brain.
*facepalm*
Just.....sigh.
Dee

gubbyz
Nov. 28, 2007, 12:21 AM
ummm blah gug hmmm have no clue what to say. :confused: and all this time Ive been apperently doing it wrong...

Showjumper28
Nov. 28, 2007, 12:50 AM
Wait there is lady at this barn who followed these instructions word for word! Now I see the light... *Sigh* Where do these people come from?

Lauren!
Nov. 28, 2007, 12:58 AM
I've seen scarier :lol:

But... I have a TB, but I think the longest lead rope I own is only 6 ft. :confused: Does this mean I have to give the horse back or just get a longer lead rope? Also, he's not high strung or particularly tall... could he be a QH or WB posing as a TB?

hitchinmygetalong
Nov. 28, 2007, 07:26 AM
You can't argue with Step #9, though. :)

JSwan
Nov. 28, 2007, 09:51 AM
You should send that to the Fugly Blog for comment. I'm sure she'll have a boatload to say about it.

Petstorejunkie
Nov. 28, 2007, 11:11 AM
Oh my stars! Did you read all the comment/testamonials too?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

MunchingonHay
Nov. 28, 2007, 11:56 AM
Sorry, I am a lurker on this boards and I HAD to say something about this. HOW CAN SOME PEOPLE BE SO F*&KING STUPID?? Honestly? people that buy into that crap should have been run over by a bus years ago. I have been working with horses since I was 3 and I am 31 now and damn I have been doing it wrong, my lead line is only 6 ft.

AAGGHHH the person that wrote that should be shot along with all the followers.

Have a great day everyone!

jengersnap
Nov. 30, 2007, 04:17 PM
It could be worse. This could be about 16.5 hand chestnut with black socks and black mane 13,000 lb thoroughbread horese [sic]. :lol:

ivy62
Nov. 30, 2007, 05:32 PM
OMG! I had to laugh! I think my horse isn't a tb after all..he is only 16 hands but looks like a QH or an appendix so he is looking for the Oscar in acting! I, too only have a 6 foot lead line...But tall= jumping don't tell Theodore O'Connor he might have to give his medals back..YIKES! Where do these people come from.....had to say something....

kookicat
Nov. 30, 2007, 06:18 PM
:o :grin:

Yikes!

Calamber
Nov. 30, 2007, 07:04 PM
It sounds like a child, probably is a child.

Tiempo
Nov. 30, 2007, 07:16 PM
I wanna see that live coverage :winkgrin: