PDA

View Full Version : We're here for you LisaMarie8 - Update on VA HT Trophy

LisaB
Nov. 26, 2007, 11:49 AM
Just read that Ozzy had a horrible pasture accident and didn't make it. I'm so sorry for you!

Please PM me if you want to donate $5 to the Ozzie Philosophy Trophy to be given at the Spring VA HT. I have the mailing info for it.

Even with 2 mortgages to pay at the moment, I'm in!

And remember to hug and kiss your horse!

snsmith
Nov. 26, 2007, 11:54 AM
Oh no! I don't know you, but have enjoyed reading your posts about Ozzy - I'm so, so sorry.

deltawave
Nov. 26, 2007, 11:56 AM
Oh no! So, so sorry for the loss of Ozzy.

GotSpots
Nov. 26, 2007, 11:57 AM
I'm so, so sorry. Let us know if we can help.

JB
Nov. 26, 2007, 12:01 PM
Oh Lisa Lisa Lisa, NO!! Oh I cannot tell you how this breaks my heart! I have so love watching him grow up into the handsome, happy pony that you made him. Godspeed Ozzy, and Lisa, you know a lot of us are here for you if you need anything...

HUS gurl
Nov. 26, 2007, 12:02 PM
OMG NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so sorry to read this ! Lisa Marie, my deepest condolences !

you will be in my prayers !

R.I.P. Ozzy !

monstrpony
Nov. 26, 2007, 12:12 PM
I saw this also. So, so very sad, my heart breaks for you!

Just ... yuck. :(

flypony74
Nov. 26, 2007, 12:15 PM
Gosh, I'm so sorry to hear this. Hugs to you.

ravenclaw
Nov. 26, 2007, 12:16 PM
LisaMarie8 -- I am so sorry. I always enjoy reading your posts and I have admired the picture of Ozzy in your profile.

I'll be thinking of you...

Rhonda
Nov. 26, 2007, 12:19 PM
Lisa Marie I can't tell you how sorry I am. I too enjoyed watching you both and my heart breaks for you. :(

Godspeed Ozzy, you'll be missed. :(

LisaB
Nov. 26, 2007, 12:19 PM
Here's a link to their pics
http://www.flickr.com/search/show/?q=ozzy&w=12885014%40N00

PM me if you want to help with an award at the VA HT that a friend is setting up.

BarbB
Nov. 26, 2007, 12:23 PM
I was just devastated to read this. I am so so sorry.

Bensmom
Nov. 26, 2007, 12:24 PM
I read that this morning too, and my heart is breaking for Lisa. I feel as if we "know" Ozzy -- I remember when he went to his first event and how proud she was of him and how she clearly loved him with all her heart. I couldn't believe he was gone.

Hugs and good thoughts coming your way.

libby

Catalina
Nov. 26, 2007, 12:32 PM
OMG :cry: :cry:. I am so sorry to read this. I, too, feel as if I 'knew' Ozzy through her witty and insightful writing. This just sucks :cry:.

FLeckenAwesome
Nov. 26, 2007, 12:35 PM
i'm so sorry for your loss. I know you must be devastated. it's obvious from the pictures that you two shared an incredible bond....
keep him alive in your heart by cherishing all the happy memories.
i'll keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.

Duramax
Nov. 26, 2007, 12:37 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Ozzy's passing. I felt like I knew him... and he seemed like such a colorful character! :sadsmile:

FrittSkritt
Nov. 26, 2007, 12:39 PM
Oh lord... Lisa, I am so sorry to hear about Ozzy. :(

Peggy
Nov. 26, 2007, 12:41 PM
Truly sorry to hear this. Many hugs. It is abundantly clear from your many posts about him that you really loved Ozzy. He looks so happy in your photos.

Lisa Cook
Nov. 26, 2007, 12:48 PM
Oh my...I'm so sorry. :( My sincere condolences. I always enjoyed reading your comments about Ozzy - it was clear how special he was to you.

annikak
Nov. 26, 2007, 12:57 PM
I am so sorry....:cry::cry:

Jazzy Lady
Nov. 26, 2007, 01:00 PM
That is terrible. My thoughts are with you. So sorry :(

Janet
Nov. 26, 2007, 01:20 PM
Oh no.

My deepest sympathy.

cheerleaguer
Nov. 26, 2007, 01:22 PM
Lisa, I'm so very very sorry. :( This must be truly devastating and my heart goes out to you. You two were a magnificent team and we loved hearing about Ozzy's conquests; how he turned into a wonderful eventing horse from a gangly little guy.

HUGE HUGS to you dear! My thoughts and prayers will be with you for a long while.

Laura B. from the General board.

RugBug
Nov. 26, 2007, 01:24 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. I can't even begin to imagine what you're going through. :cry: Your love for Ozzy was always apparent in your posts about him.

War Admiral
Nov. 26, 2007, 01:24 PM
I am so very, very sorry. He's another horse we all felt we "knew" through your posts. Godspeed to a good boy and many hugs from down here in GA.

Hilary
Nov. 26, 2007, 01:25 PM
I am so very sorry - what a beautiful boy he turned into.

Every day when I get up and see that all 4 of mine are still standing on 4 legs waiting for breakfast I say a small thanks to the powers that be, because you just never know.

NMK
Nov. 26, 2007, 01:31 PM
I am so sorry! He was lovely. Hugs to you.

Nancy

artienallie
Nov. 26, 2007, 01:36 PM
Lisa, words cannot convey how sorry and sick at heart I am to hear of your loss. My thoughts are with you.

- Andi

hitchinmygetalong
Nov. 26, 2007, 01:37 PM
I'm normally a lurker here on the Eventing forum, but wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss. The photos linked to earlier told the story of a very special partnership.

Sincere condolences. :cry:

lawndart
Nov. 26, 2007, 01:42 PM
{{HUGS}} from Old Friends Farm. So sorry Lisa.:(

Jessi P
Nov. 26, 2007, 01:44 PM
Girlfriend I am so so sorry that you lost Ozzy. I looked through your pics and it was evident that the two of you embodied the fluidness of a true partnership. I am so sorry to hear that you lost your best friend. The pain does lessen after time, allowing you to concentrate on the good things you shared rather than the grief of your last hours with Ozzy.

Big big big hugs

Debbie
Nov. 26, 2007, 01:47 PM
I'm so very sorry. Your posts about Ozzy always made me smile and wish I had a clone of him.

Bearx2
Nov. 26, 2007, 01:48 PM
I am so sorry for your lost. I always enjoyed reading your post about Ozzy.

AppJumpr08
Nov. 26, 2007, 01:49 PM
Oh I am so so sorry.
He was very lucky to have a mom like you - those pictures are lovely.

Big hugs and know that he'll always be with you, no matter where you go.

HUS gurl
Nov. 26, 2007, 01:53 PM
does someone know what happened !

:(

i can't stop thinking about them !

IFG
Nov. 26, 2007, 01:57 PM
I'm so sorry. I have followed you and Ozzy for years here on the COTH.

Samantha37
Nov. 26, 2007, 02:00 PM
i'm so sorry for your loss... you are in my prayers, and i'm sending you lots of ((hugs))

luise
Nov. 26, 2007, 02:02 PM
where did you guys read about what happened? just curious...

Rodeio
Nov. 26, 2007, 02:05 PM
Lisa,

I am so sorry for your loss. So many of us have watched you and Ozzy grow as a team. It was apparent how much you loved and adored him, and he you. I will always remember the big smiles you had on your face as you rode him over jumps and obstacles. You clearly were having fun. I hope someday you find this again.

HeavyHorses from JB's

FairWeather
Nov. 26, 2007, 02:06 PM
I've forwarded this thread to Lisa and I'm certain she'll smile reading it, knowing that so many are thinking about her. Ozzy was her horse of a lifetime, and being able to see their partnership develop from when I met him at age two, until his last competition at Virginia 3 weeks ago was an inspiring privilege.
Nobody ever smiled as often, or as hard as Lisa on her beloved Ozzy. She took amazing care of him, and he did the same for her. I have so many funny memories of the two of them, including hearing about a moment that happened when I had stepped away with my camera during a Sharon White clinic this summer.
In introducing Ozzy to the horse-eating Prelim Trakhener, Sharon had Lisa walk her horse up to the jump to let him have a look. Ozzy walked right up, looked, and leapt from a standstill over the jump. To say that Sharon, clinic participants and Lisa were shocked is an understatement, but it is something that, even though I didn't get to see it, I remember it very clearly in my mind every time I canter up to a largish looking jump.

"Ozzy walked the prelim trakhener, I can canter over this table"

He was a force, and I'm not just talking about his ears-which, as lisa would say, most certainly affected the tides.
http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v60/41/35/31205655/n31205655_31002699_9035.jpg

I will so miss seeing him canter around XC like he owned the joint, Lisa screaming "You're so good to meeeeeeee" as she got in close and ozzy would bail her out perfectly.

ETA: Ozzy was involved in a freak pasture accident that killed him instantly.

bornfreenowexpensive
Nov. 26, 2007, 02:06 PM
I'm so sorry. It looks like he had a great life...just too short.

ExclusiveKiss
Nov. 26, 2007, 02:24 PM
I am so sorry, there are no words when you lose a horse that special.

Picasso
Nov. 26, 2007, 03:14 PM
I am so very sorry.

mellsmom
Nov. 26, 2007, 03:30 PM
There is nothing I can say other than we will all sorely miss him and I know how devestated you must be.

Tucked_Away
Nov. 26, 2007, 04:05 PM
I'm sorry; he sounds fantastic. I'm glad you had him, though, and he had you.

2boys
Nov. 26, 2007, 04:08 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. It seems as though you had such an amazing bond with a BEAUTIFUL boy.:cry:

Gunnar
Nov. 26, 2007, 04:12 PM
My thoughts are with you as you deal with this! Losing your horse of a lifetime is tough and we all understand your sorrow!

Hugs from a stranger to you and Godspeed to your Ozzy! Gunnar was there to greet him and from what I hear life is good on the other side of that Bridge! :sadsmile:

RiverBendPol
Nov. 26, 2007, 04:34 PM
Oh LisaMarie, I am sitting here blubbering over your dear Ozzy. I have been thru your slide show a couple of times. The adoration you 2 had for each other is all over those photos. I am so sorry you lost him but do try to be grateful for the time you had with him. Clearly it was a gift.
Mikey and Wellie will take good care of him and will introduce him to all the other Most Wonderfuls who are nibbling the grass on the other side of The Bridge.
Give yourself time to mourn and permission to weep. It is obviously an enormous loss. God's speed, Ozzy.

kml84
Nov. 26, 2007, 04:43 PM
I am so sorry for your loss....how tragic:cry: It seems he was very lucky to have had you as a mom and you to have him as a partner. Remember the good times and know that he is now in good company.....

copper bay farm
Nov. 26, 2007, 05:11 PM
I'm so sorry. :( I don't wander into the Eventing forum too often, but the joy the two of you shared together is so evident. How blessed you were to have each other. Godspeed Ozzy and {{{{{hugs}}}}} for you Lisa.

Lisamarie8
Nov. 26, 2007, 05:18 PM
Thank You all,

Yesterday sometime after I left the barn, Ozzy had a freak accident in his pasture. No one can tell exactly what happened, but he broke his neck, apparently right behind his skull, and died instantly.

I am incapable of giving him a proper eulogy at the moment, but would like to do so eventually. He was a horse I bred and loved from the moment he was conceived. He was the most forgiving athletic and understanding partner anyone could have. Our move up to Training this season was a milestone that showed me exactly how limitless his honesty, capability, and willingness truly was.

This picture is from last years AECs, (http://www.radford.edu/~lgdehart/index_files/last%20fence.jpg) we had qualified for the AECs at Training level for next year and I was so looking to a million more fences that looked like this one. I don't know how I'll ever again be able to feel that level of safety, happiness and pure confidence that no matter what happened, I'd see the other side. Ozzy was a caretaker. He was truly the horse of a lifetime; he was the ying to my yang and I am truly beyond grief.

Everythingbutwings
Nov. 26, 2007, 05:19 PM
Ozzy and Lisa, from the moment we all "came together" at the very first Frying Pan outing, were joined at the hip, a team to be reckoned with.

I don't recall ever seeing them without a huge grin on Lisa's face and Ozzy so content with his place in the world.

The world has been a better place for the short time he was around.

Lisa, we can't take the hurt away but you let us know when you want to tell us of his personality, share his stories again. I'm so sorry this happened and so glad he didn't suffer.

Coreene
Nov. 26, 2007, 05:34 PM
:cry:

I am so very sorry. I cannot even begin to imagine how devastated you are. With the old guys you see it coming, and even then it does not diminish the grief. But this is just tragic. My heartfelt condolences.

FoxChaser
Nov. 26, 2007, 05:43 PM
I'm so sorry to hear the bad news. What a beautiful boy :( Hang in there!

kookicat
Nov. 26, 2007, 05:46 PM
I'm so so sorry. {{{hugs}}}

shea'smom
Nov. 26, 2007, 05:56 PM
My condolences. I am so sorry you are having to go through this. What a heartbreaker.
Godspeed, Ozzy.

Dare to Dream
Nov. 26, 2007, 05:57 PM
I am not believing what I am reading. My heart breaks for you. Many prayers to you. Godspeed Ozzy.

Kelly (Crafty 2501 from JB's board)

thumbsontop
Nov. 26, 2007, 05:57 PM
I am so sorry. Take care of yourself.

cinnabar
Nov. 26, 2007, 06:20 PM
LM8, my heart goes out to you. Godspeed Ozzy.

NRB
Nov. 26, 2007, 06:45 PM
I am so sorry ((((hugs))))

Classic Melody
Nov. 26, 2007, 07:09 PM
I am so sorry. Your pictures are beautiful. You are lucky to have had him, and he was lucky to have you.

kcrubin
Nov. 26, 2007, 07:28 PM
Your photos is one of the BEST I have EVER seen!

I can only imagine the pain you're feeling losing your friend. I can tell you that I have been where you are at and it does get better with time. Going out and riding other peoples nice, made horses, even though they weren't him, made me feel better when I was ready to try it. I don't know you or Ozzy but I've been thinking of you all day.

ss3777
Nov. 26, 2007, 07:44 PM
"So I am glad, not that my friend has gone,
But that the earth he laughed and lived upon
was my earth too.
That I had closely known and loved him
And that my love I'd shown.
Tears over his departure?
Nay, a smile
That I had walked with him a little while."

Author Unknown

Many hugs to LisaMarie and godspeed to Ozzy

Platinum Equestrian
Nov. 26, 2007, 07:51 PM
LisaMarie, Your photo is amazing - your face says it all. Cherish the wonderful times you had together as partners. Hugs and you're in our prayers.

Heineken
Nov. 26, 2007, 08:28 PM
Lisa, I'm so sorry!

slp2
Nov. 26, 2007, 08:30 PM
I too, used to love reading your posts about Ozzy. I am so sorry. This is just tragic. I hope you can find another truly special partner again some day.

KBG Eventer
Nov. 26, 2007, 08:43 PM
I'm so sorry! :(

I always loved reading about Ozzy. It was more than evident how strong your partnership with each other was. He was one happy horse!

TBCollector
Nov. 26, 2007, 08:44 PM
Lisa, the look on your face when you're riding him...that is what we all strive for. The partnership.
You and Ozzy are in my thoughts and prayers.

Reynard Ridge
Nov. 26, 2007, 08:46 PM
I am so sorry for your loss.

Ishi
Nov. 26, 2007, 08:54 PM
I too am so sorry for your loss :(

FlightCheck
Nov. 26, 2007, 09:18 PM
Dreadfully sorry for your loss

FlightCheck and the FAtPaintMare

fanfayre
Nov. 26, 2007, 09:37 PM
please let me repeat what everybody else has said:
"I'm so sorry"

AppJumpr08
Nov. 26, 2007, 09:57 PM
That is such a telling photo of you two... I'm so horribly sorry for your loss...
I know it is a small comfort (or none at all at the moment), but at least he went quickly and without pain. He is galloping freely on the other side of the bridge.. and I'm quite sure he will look in on you on a regular basis. :sadsmile:

Dr. Doolittle
Nov. 26, 2007, 10:32 PM
Really, there are no words of adequate comfort (though many posters have shared heartfelt sympathies :cry:, which should at least let you know that everyone feels for you and grieves with you during this very difficult time...) Though I never saw him in person--or met you--your pictures say it all. Clearly, what you had with Ozzy was a special and uniquely wonderful bond; truly "once in a lifetime". I am SO very sorry, and you have my condolences (having lost a wonderful horse of my own, I know that sometimes the grief seems like it will swallow you up...)

Cherish your memories of him, and know that we all support you and share your pain :cry:

BelleBoyd
Nov. 26, 2007, 10:44 PM
I am so sorry for the loss of Ozzie. Though we have never met, I know all of us feel a fraction of your pain just looking at your beautiful pictures and reading your posts. God bless.

HungarianHippo
Nov. 26, 2007, 10:48 PM
LisaMarie, I've always been so happy to see the exploits of you and Ozzy over the years, and I can't tell you how sorry I am. Yours was a unique and special partnership. My heart is with you.:cry:

HungarianHippo/Erin2049

RAyers
Nov. 26, 2007, 10:50 PM
I am incapable of giving him a proper eulogy at the moment, but would like to do so eventually.

You don't have to. Your AEC picture is all you need. As for anything you can say, you did it all while he was alive and that is all that counts.

Reed

LoriO
Nov. 27, 2007, 12:01 AM
Oh Lisa, I am so sorry to hear about Ozzie. I always loved the many stories that you told about him...even down to the pictures of the bruises he gave you:yes:. Have a safe trip over the Rainbow Bridge Ozzie!!

Painted Wings
Nov. 27, 2007, 12:06 AM
I was on an adult team a few years ago at Kentucky Horse with LisaMarie and Ozzie. He was a really handsome boy and always gave his best.

He will be missed by all.

Snapdragon
Nov. 27, 2007, 12:08 AM
I met you and Ozzy at the AECs very briefly last year. I'm so terribly sorry for your loss. He, obviously, was so very special to you, as you were to him. I'm thinking of both of you.

dogchushu
Nov. 27, 2007, 12:16 AM
He was a force, and I'm not just talking about his ears-which, as lisa would say, most certainly affected the tides.

Awww. Those ears are so forward, pricked, and cute in every shot! You can see how much he just loved life and loved Lisa!

I'm so sorry. He was a truly special boy! :(

PhoenixFarm
Nov. 27, 2007, 12:35 AM
Heather B here from the old days. When I saw this, I said the f-word so loudly that Mr. Phoenix jumped up from the couch and came running in from the other room. We both send our deepest condolences--what fun it was to know him and you.

I imagine when he got to the other side, his old VHT ATC buddy, my beloved gentle giant Bentley was there to greet him--another great one gone too soon.

In time you'll remember the good times more than this moment of grief. I pray for you that time comes sooner rather than later.

Hugs and best wishes.

Carol Ames
Nov. 27, 2007, 12:42 AM
:cry:I'm so sorry, My houghts and prayers are with you both.:yes:

Candle
Nov. 27, 2007, 12:47 AM
Oh Lisa, I don't even know what to say. I've always read your stories here about Ozzy and thought I knew what he was like, but those pictures are beautiful. I can't imagine how much he must have felt loved by you judging by the expression on his face. That's one of the happiest horses I've seen. Between your post and his pictures I'm just in tears here. I am so so so sorry for your loss, and I wish I could think of something to say to take some of the pain away, but I can't. I hope someday your grief will lessen and you will be left only with the good memories of beautiful Ozzy.

Silly Mommy
Nov. 27, 2007, 01:31 AM
My condolences -- he will have fun playing halter tag with gooberhead Woody over the bridge.

I feel sick.

HiJumpGrrl
Nov. 27, 2007, 08:10 AM
Lisa, you know I'm thinking of you. I'll toss one [several] back for Ozzy. It's not fair.

cheerleaguer
Nov. 27, 2007, 08:16 AM
Oh gawd, that pic did it. The tears are flowing now. Oh Lisa, I don't know what to say.

toeknee
Nov. 27, 2007, 08:37 AM
Your pictures are beautiful. My thoughts are with you.

NoGreatMischief
Nov. 27, 2007, 09:19 AM
My sincere condolences. :(

Invested1
Nov. 27, 2007, 09:38 AM
Just looking at your pictures, one can see how special your relationship was.
I am so, so sorry for your loss.

Sonic Boom
Nov. 27, 2007, 10:04 AM
I am so, so sorry to hear about this...devastated probably does not even cover how you are feeling right now. My thoughts are with you.

Godspeed, Ozzy. :sadsmile:

FairWeather
Nov. 27, 2007, 01:04 PM
I love that pic Lisa, it is EVERYTHING you and Ozzy ever were.

clivers
Nov. 27, 2007, 08:40 PM
oh Lisa, I'm so, so sorry...:(

eventer_mi
Nov. 27, 2007, 08:56 PM
Some people are with us for far too long a time - animals are with us for far too short.

Godspeed, Ozzy. That picture says it all.

kt-rose
Nov. 27, 2007, 09:06 PM
I am so very, very sorry you lost your precious boy. All too many of us know just how you feel...

BBowen
Nov. 28, 2007, 01:59 PM
LisaMarie8:

I have been out of town and just saw this thread. I am so very sorry to hear about Ozzy. My heart is just breaking for you and I know that there is nothing that I can say that will ease you grief. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. The picture you posted from the AECs was just wonderful. What a beautiful partnership. Hugs to you and RIP Ozzy.

Lisamarie8
Nov. 28, 2007, 02:49 PM
I cannot begin to express my thanks. The idea of an award at Virginia Horse Trials means the world to me; that was a place where we were both so unconditionally happy. Cold, Heat, Rain, Drought, it didn't matter. I was sitting on My Sir Schnoz and doing what we both loved at our favorite place in the world.

The kind sentiments I have gotten from you all have been heartfelt and I thank you.

I've started collecting some of my favorite pictures and videos of Ozzy. I've had him since he was a fetus, so there are quite a few (Him at Three (http://www.radford.edu/~lgdehart/index_files/Ozzy/sweetest.jpg) days old to the AECs (http://webpages.charter.net/lisamarie8/Ozzy/AEC/XC_1.jpg), to the video I just purchased of his Training run at VHT just 3 weeks ago). I'd like to share them with y'all when I get it together, if that's alright.

HiJumpGrrl
Nov. 28, 2007, 03:35 PM
We'd be delighted to see them!

msj
Nov. 28, 2007, 03:38 PM
((((((HUGS))))))
Lisa, words can't describe how terrible I feel seeing and reading thru this thread. :cry: Having watched you and Ozzie both grow up together over on JB's board and seeing the occasional post here about how you're both doing here.

You'll be able to write your eulogy, even if it's just in pictures, of your times with Ozzie. I remember pics of him as a baby and seeing the pics posted here now just go to show what a great horse he had turned out to be. But he couldn't have turned out that well if it wasn't for you. You made him what he was and he made you as well. :sadsmile:

One day we will meet our dear friends when we cross over the Rainbow Bridge. For now, know that he has lots of friends over there to show him the way. :sadsmile:

kcrubin
Nov. 28, 2007, 04:32 PM
I'd love to see the video and photos.

He was very handsome in the AEC's photo - what a team.

Still thinking of you here in pa.

Windsor1
Nov. 28, 2007, 05:38 PM
Lisa, looking at the photos of you and Ozzy reminded me of the quote "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

It looks like the two of you had many breathtaking moments--we should all be so lucky.

I am very sorry for your loss and hope you feel better soon.

SueCoo2
Nov. 28, 2007, 05:41 PM
I can't even begin to appreciate the grief you must be feeling. My prayers are with and your beloved Ozzy. :cry:

joliemom, again
Nov. 28, 2007, 07:21 PM
I'd like to share them with y'all when I get it together, if that's alright.

Only if I can sit with you and we can drink Mai Tais to Ozzy.

He was a helluva horse.

HiJumpGrrl
Nov. 28, 2007, 07:22 PM
Only if I can sit with you and we can drink Mai Tais to Ozzy.

He was a helluva horse.

And Mojitos! I'm buying!

Miss Perfect
Nov. 28, 2007, 09:00 PM
LM8, I am so sorry for your loss. You have my deepest condolences. :cry:

bambam
Nov. 29, 2007, 09:23 AM
I am so sorry to see this about Ozzie
How much you loved him was clear from your posts and your pictures

fooler
Nov. 29, 2007, 12:02 PM
So very sorry for your lost - he was a cutie with big ears and I am a sucker for big eared horses.

lilblackhorse
Nov. 29, 2007, 12:07 PM
Lisa, that photo of you clearing the last fence just made me smile and cry at the same time. Damn, you all were on the top of the world, and it showed. I am so sorry for your loss, but you all had a hell of a ride, and it showed. For that you are so lucky, most of us never have a bond like that, and it sounds like the two of you had it from the beginning. Thank you for sharing your photos.

aimee

Weatherford
Nov. 29, 2007, 01:38 PM
Lisa - I don't know you and I didn't know Ozzie, but the love you feel for him is something I do know, and the pain you must be suffering resounds in my own heart for the great ones I have lost through the years. :cry:

Be sure, he has friends over the Rainbow Bridge!:sadsmile:

Take care!

claire
Nov. 29, 2007, 05:52 PM
Lisa,

I am pretty much a lurker over here, But I just wanted to say how sorry I am you lost your "partner".

From the wonderful pictures posted here, it looks like you both really
"rode the moment"!

Lose That
Nov. 29, 2007, 08:34 PM
I'm so sorry, I know how hard it is to lose your horse... it's the worst thing in the world. I wish I could say something to make you feel better but I know it's not really possible, but my thoughts are with you. The thing that helped me was still going down the barn and riding, still being around horses. It was the only place that could make me feel any better. Again, I'm so sorry.