PDA

View Full Version : TREC

everyequine
Nov. 15, 2007, 11:12 AM
I have been told about this wonderful sport, and want to know what it takes to do. I found the TREC rules online, but it's 81 pages, and I can't print it out. Anyone have a rule book they could send me?
Does anyone do this here? Tell me all about it!

clanter
Nov. 16, 2007, 10:59 AM
are you seeking info on "Technique De Randonnee Equestre De Competition "?? which seems to be cross between Orienteering and NATRC

everyequine
Nov. 16, 2007, 01:04 PM
Yes, that's the one.

clanter
Nov. 16, 2007, 08:35 PM
see if this page helps...it should come up translated from French into English....disregard the "page can not be displayed" message as it should jump to the translated page
http://72.14.203.104/translate_c?hl=en&u=http://apercu.ifrance.com/&prev=/search%3Fq%3DTechnique%2BDe%2BRandonnee%2BEquestre %2BDe%2BCompetition%2B%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG

everyequine
Nov. 17, 2007, 06:12 AM
Thanks, Clanter, that was helpful. There was talk, and there may already be a TREC association or club starting somewhere near me. I want to know more about it before I get too excited. It looks like a lot of fun, and something I can do.

littlebarnbaby
Nov. 17, 2007, 07:47 AM
Trec is amazing! I used to compete in TREC pretty regularly before I moved. Any questions you have about it can be PMed to me.

everyequine
Nov. 17, 2007, 11:09 AM
I figured it would be fun. I am going to ask if that local club ever got started... I think I would like it..... I am sure I'd like it. :yes:

Huntertwo
Nov. 17, 2007, 06:25 PM
I never heard of it. What does it entail?

littlebarnbaby
Nov. 17, 2007, 07:02 PM
Trec has three phases:

The first is an orienteering course on horseback. You follow a map, find your way through trails etc.

The second is a "control of paces" phase. You may have to canter very slowly through a pair of rails or walk extremely quickly.

The third phase is an obstacle course. It can have jumps, gates, dismounting, moving under low branches etc.

Huntertwo
Nov. 17, 2007, 07:42 PM
Wow, that sounds like a lot of fun. How would you find one in your area? Is there an organization that sets these up?

everyequine
Nov. 17, 2007, 08:03 PM
Thanks, Little Barn Baby!! I think you just summed up the 81 pages nicely!!

clanter
Nov. 17, 2007, 08:39 PM
Trec has three phases:

The first is an orienteering course on horseback. You follow a map, find your way through trails etc.

The second is a "control of paces" phase. You may have to canter very slowly through a pair of rails or walk extremely quickly.

The third phase is an obstacle course. It can have jumps, gates, dismounting, moving under low branches etc.

I believe you have to copy the map first as it is not supplied, I think you have 20 minutes to make a copy then you are out the door on your way

littlebarnbaby
Nov. 17, 2007, 08:52 PM
I think whether or not you have to supply a map depends on where the event is held. When I've gone, the maps were supplied, but I was also competing as a junior. They probably didn't want a bunch of kids and teens getting lost in the wilderness.

clanter
Nov. 17, 2007, 09:24 PM
did they give you a whistle so they could find you when you got lost?