PDA

View Full Version : Linda Oliver

mazymind
Nov. 3, 2007, 10:05 PM
I have a chance to train with her. Anyone know her and can give me more information?

Please, if you have anything negative to say, send me a PM.

talloaks
Nov. 4, 2007, 07:39 AM
Linda used to be around the corner from me years and years ago, then moved to Leesburg area, so where is she now??

Saracatherine
Nov. 4, 2007, 10:45 AM
I'm pretty sure Linda winters at Fox Lea Farm in Venice, Florida. Not sure about this year, though.

ctanner
Nov. 4, 2007, 11:04 AM
I rode with her a few times back in the late 70's(Yikes!)
Lovely person and good instructor.Unfortunately I was to young and dumb to get everything she had to offer.
I would leap at the chance to ride with her again.
Tanner

Colours932
Nov. 4, 2007, 02:24 PM
Linda was close to Leesburg a few years back and last that I knew she was still building a farm in Lovettsville. I rode with her a little a few years back and really liked her instruction. I had lots of lunge lessons which was great.

pintofoal
Nov. 4, 2007, 04:04 PM
Linda is now residing in Florida and sold her farm in Lovettsville.

I am in the process of doing a website for her, it has all of her contact info, credentials etc. http://www.lindaoliverdressage.com

Though I have never ridden under Linda, I have known her, some of her students and horses for years. She is a outstanding dressage rider, all of her students love her and she has always been very gracious to me. I wish she still was in Lovettsville, I would LOVE to have her ride Sempatico! :yes:

Cotner
Nov. 4, 2007, 08:24 PM
I rode with Linda for about 8 years. I started working with her when I owned a Trakehner mare, which Linda sold for me, and then continued working with her with my Hanoverian gelding. He was 3 when I got him and I worked with Linda from the very beginning until he was doing PSG, at which time I moved away.

Linda is a beautiful rider and an excellent trainer and instructor. She has not been competing a lot in the past couple of years, but she has a new FEI horse that is doing great. When she was competing heavily she was hard to beat. She has had many top horses and has competed at the highest level.

If you get the chance to ride with her then you should definitely take advantage of it.

siegi b.
Nov. 4, 2007, 10:34 PM
Pintofoal - Linda had a farm in Waterford, not Lovettsville.... pretty much right next to Apex Equine.

pintofoal
Nov. 5, 2007, 07:26 AM
Hey Siegi,

Yes, you are right she did, but she sold that farm and built another facility here in Lovettsville. Her time was divided between that farm and FL eventually FL won out and she is now there permanently. :yes: I am guessing -- but she probably only owned the place in Lovettsville for a couple of years, so most think of her as being a Waterford resident, before she moved to FL.

siegi b.
Nov. 5, 2007, 08:51 AM
Liz,

I had no idea...

Best,

Siegi

smeador7
Dec. 29, 2007, 11:06 PM
I manage a dressage-oriented stables called DaVinci Farms http://www.davincifarms.comand Linda teaches here weekly, sometimes twice a week. I just started taking lessons with her on my off-the-track TB gelding and love her whole approach. After 25 years of trying this trainer, trying that trainer, and working on my own (way too much), I think I have finally found someone who can help me put it all together! :D

Ebony's Mom
Dec. 31, 2007, 04:21 PM
My instructor in IN had her in for clinics years ago... back in the mid to late 80's. I was only 14 or 15 and would stand at the rail of the indoor for HOURS ON END! I would watch every lesson! I rode a very large Perceron/TB cross; she taught me so much about balance, my seat, and feeling! I remember watching her ride a few of the horses and she always made it look so easy... she's definitely a beautiful rider, wonderful instructor, and good person! :)

I am sorry to hear that she isn't in VA, as I might be making a move out there in a few months and I was thinking that I would see if she would take me on as a student again... this time as an adult.

She's certainly someone worth riding with, so I obviously would not hesitate.