PDA

View Full Version : Hey, Jessie P

abrant
Nov. 2, 2007, 06:47 PM
Make up the couch and lock up the valuables, I might be comin' to visit :)

No details yet, but the bossman eluded to a fun trip to WV (aka - Mountaineer) yesterday. He wouldn't expand on the idea today, but I'll wait.

I could have sent this PM, but I want everyone else to be jealous :p

Frog
Nov. 2, 2007, 07:25 PM
Count me in among the jealous. I want to come! Don't worry, I will visit some day! Way to go on the card/table games. That's huge.

-Chevy

SleepyFox
Nov. 3, 2007, 11:14 AM
Yeah, I'm jealous, too. Have a fun and safe trip!

Jessi P
Nov. 7, 2007, 06:32 PM
Hey lady you are more than welcome come visit us up in Barn I ("eye"), stalls 19 thru 24. Email me for my cell phone number.

If only I could talk my other half into letting me buy a broodie I could take a look at one of yours and you could bring it with you. :D But he is relentless - no farm, no broodies, but we do still have Nappy the wonder pony. We currently have 6 at the track now, including a Pulpit of our own ("Gasp - we have a PULPIT" -- smack self--"He's at Mountaineer for a reason, duh"). And we have a 3 yo Two Punch - Trempolino granddaughter that is as hot as that cross implies - need roller skates to walk her - she is a strong one. And an older super nice Golden Gear - Raja Baba gelding with 300+K earnings. And a nice MSW turf horse who will have one more race for the year and go home to Ocala for the winter. And a Boone's Mill daughter just coming off a long layoff. Come stop by the barn, Darren and his buddy Pat are both from your neck of the woods, I think (or have been at one point). We can cheer each other on at the races. :)

Jessi P
Nov. 7, 2007, 06:45 PM
Hey Chevy, I think of you every time I go over the Newell Bridge, which is at least 5x a week.

Kid Chocolate is a riding horse now for an equine massage therapist.

Never Under is still running and was doing well til Bob sent her to Finger Lakes, where they really screwed her up in short order. She will be running well again in about 45-60 days once Bob gets her healed up and doing well again. She really loves that laser. You did her so much good with it.

Chessie went home soon after you did and has yet been put back into training. She developed Lymphangitis about a year after going home so her owner is still waiting with her. She mentioned an inquiry in Chessie as a show horse and I really emphasized what a great career choice that would be for her.

Scout had a year or so off and was put back into training at a farm or training center. They had her working numerous breezes up to 5/8 at the farm then started bringing her into the track but she refused to breeze at the track. The owner called me asking if we had ever had any problem with her refusing to train, which we had not. I told her without seeing the horse in a year and a half I would venture to guess her ankles are bothering her after all those breezes at the training center.

I dont think I know anything about the rest of the ones we had when you were here. I sold Boom Boom as a broodmare for the WV bred program.

You ought to see the grandstand. It looks totally different - betting and tvs on each end and card tables in the entire middle. Very wild. The place is PACKED too.

Frog
Nov. 7, 2007, 11:58 PM
[QUOTE=Jessi P;2788501] She mentioned an inquiry in Chessie as a show horse and I really emphasized what a great career choice that would be for her.QUOTE]

:winkgrin: Very succinct! She was such a cutie though. I have a picture of her floating around in my purse, I think!

I thought of Kid Chocolate when I started taking riding lessons very recently. I keep telling my mom to move to Chester or Pittsburgh. I haven't been on vacation in a year and a half, and I really am going to come visit sometime. (Right, I'm sure a visit to Mountaineer sounds like a real vacation to you! :lol:)Hopefully while you still have a Pulpit and a Two Punch.

texang73
Nov. 8, 2007, 10:38 AM
Hey Jessi, please check your PMs

Thanks!

establishedlaw
Dec. 27, 2007, 02:07 AM
Hey guys! I ran across this post about Kid, and just wondered if you had any past info on him??
He's currently training to do dressage and has a wonderful home :) I get to visit and ride him all the time :)
Thanks!
Amy

Frog
Dec. 27, 2007, 10:23 PM
Tell Kid Chocolate that Chevy is taking riding lessons and if I ever see him again things will be different... oh yeah and post pics... :)

establishedlaw
Dec. 27, 2007, 11:20 PM
Hi Chevy!
I don't know hot to post them.. lol...
Here is a link of some pics of him
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mljenkins/sets/72157600158581009/
Let me know if you can see them :)

establishedlaw
Dec. 27, 2007, 11:24 PM
Oh yeah, and I didn't get to ask you, sorry, but how did you meet him??
He is so sweet and he's one of my favorites... he picks and chooses who he likes... it's hilarious.. He is a very very good boy :) and his mom spoils him... she has a website too... www.equineandcanine.com
Have a good one!

Frog
Dec. 31, 2007, 02:20 PM
He looks great!! Kid Chocolate was at the farm when I stayed with Jessi for a couple weeks in 2005. I rode him around at a languid walk and was basically afraid of him, at least scared to ride him because he seemed so energetic. What a handsome boy. :)

establishedlaw
Dec. 31, 2007, 05:54 PM
Ohh I see... So Jessie owned him??
Kim (his owner) does some work at the track and found me my dream horse :)
He is very well loved and very well taken care of.. a bit spoiled I would say :)
I'm glad you could see the pictures :)
Have a great new year!

Equus34
Jan. 8, 2008, 01:23 PM
JessiP, how long have you been at the Mountain? When you mentioned going across the Newell Bridge it brought back memory's. I started racing at the Mt. back in the mid 80's and left in 96. Things sure have changed a lot since I was last there. I hardly recognize any of the names.

My very dear friend Deshawn Parker still rides there, his wife Maria and I are very close friends.

It was a shame to hear about Dale Baird, I rode for him for a bit back in the days. My husband used to ride quit a bit for him. Did Mountaineer have a memorial for Dale.

Thanks Jessi for the trip down memory lane. :D

www.cmmbarnbrats.com