PDA

View Full Version : Steffen Peters clinic UPDATED w/SCHEDULE AND DIRECTIONS

Pony Fixer
Oct. 23, 2007, 03:57 PM
Y'know I've seen it spelled Steffan and Steffen, but we all know who I mean :lol:

Well, he's coming to NC--Wilson, NC to be exact (about 45 min from Raleigh) November 17/18.

Riding slots are full, but auditors are welcome $30/d. The facility is beautiful with a nice viewing area, you should be able to see/hear well as an auditor.

See the NCDCTA BB website or PM me if you want more details...

See my last post...

Gucci Cowgirl
Oct. 23, 2007, 05:19 PM
$30 a DAY to audit?!

skykingismybaby1
Oct. 23, 2007, 05:30 PM
Easy now - It was 100 a day up here.

onzbit
Oct. 23, 2007, 06:00 PM
It is only worth $ to audit if you get top riders. If I have to watch another clinic with Steffen teaching people how to post, I will scream..... When he teaches top rides like Lilo Fore or Hilda G, it is worth $100 or more. Is there a list of riders and their levels? I looked on the ncdcta web site and could not find any list of riders and, or levels of riders.

Pony Fixer
Oct. 23, 2007, 07:09 PM
*I don't have the full list yet. I am not the official organizer of the clinic.*

However, I am a rider--I have a solid 4th level horse, I'm a solid 3rd level rider. There will be another of the same level. One horse is showing PSG (a lovely local stallion). One has a young horse (4 yo) that is in the HOY standings at training level and is a PHENOMENAL mover. And one is a local trainer with several upper level (FEI level) horses, but I'm not sure which one she is bringing. That's all I can remember from those CCd on the email off the top of my head.

It should be mostly mid and upper level riders, and the one young horse.

onzbit
Oct. 23, 2007, 09:10 PM
Thank you for letting us know the level of riders. It is too bad you don't have any GP horses. When I have watched other Steffen clinic's the best rides are the FEI! He can really bring out the brilliance of a great passage! It is always great to have top riders like Steffen teach. Hope you have him back every year.

Gucci Cowgirl
Oct. 23, 2007, 10:27 PM
We let people come watch him teach for free...I don't believe in auditor's paying to watch clinics, but that's just me...

Sabine
Oct. 23, 2007, 11:49 PM
Good for you Gucci Girl- that you can afford it- no need to slam another organization that needs the money to pay for the clinic...it's not that someone is getting rich here and buying a Porsche on your auditting $$- jeez!!!

I think watching the level pony described is most helpful to most amateurs- because reality is- that's where they will want to be..if they have a great schoolmaster- they are there- but can certainly improve- if they have a regular horse- that's where they would want to be- so in my thinking- shelling out $ 30 is not too much to hear someone explain well, and show exercises and make suggestions for specific riding problems. It would be helpful to publish a rider list with their accomplishments on the website so auditors can know what to expect- I think that's only fair...but frankly- seeing Steffen work out that stuff in the middle levels- which sadly often will take you down to 1st level- because someone was cheating - is the real meat of a good clinic- and I would certainly take advantage of that....

sadly I can't because I am stuck in SoCal- and Steffen is close by...;)

J-Lu
Oct. 24, 2007, 01:14 AM
I think watching the level pony described is most helpful to most amateurs- because reality is- that's where they will want to be..if they have a great schoolmaster- they are there- but can certainly improve- if they have a regular horse- that's where they would want to be- so in my thinking- shelling out $ 30 is not too much to hear someone explain well, and show exercises and make suggestions for specific riding problems. It would be helpful to publish a rider list with their accomplishments on the website so auditors can know what to expect- I think that's only fair...but frankly- seeing Steffen work out that stuff in the middle levels- which sadly often will take you down to 1st level- because someone was cheating - is the real meat of a good clinic- and I would certainly take advantage of that....

Thank you, Sabine! Well said.

We had an excellent trainer clinic at our barn when I lived in PA and one of the rides people ran to see was him ride the PONY that took advantage of her child rider. THAT was a lesson.

Similarly, I can say that I learned a ton about basic training when Scott Hassler came to our barn and taught 4 and 5 year olds to do basic lower level work. Most of the weekend was first-second level and below, but it was highly educational in terms of the approach to training a horse's mind for the future.

We had Steffen at our barn before and I got alot out of ALL of the rides. Watching a trainer with horses at any level is educational. I think it's worth $30 if you can watch a quality BNT train 8 horses in a row. Maybe they'll feed you lunch, too!

J.
PS. Sometimes the auditing fees go to the local GMO who organize, and that can be helpful.

daisy
Oct. 24, 2007, 02:27 AM
Fabulous rider - but he teaches Lilo and Hilda? I'd think it would be the other way around.

dalpal
Oct. 24, 2007, 02:32 AM
We let people come watch him teach for free...I don't believe in auditor's paying to watch clinics, but that's just me...

So what?????????????? That's your perogative...doesn't mean everyone else has to do the same.

Why do people take the time to type useless information on threads, I don't get it. I recently had a thread up on another board about a horse that I had advertised (PAID to advertise) on that particular board. Some "poster" decided it was her/his duty to share their opinion about the ad ( I don't know this person from Adam's housecat) and went off on a tagent about it, to make themselves feel important????.....I thought WTF??? Why is this ANY of your business. I had the entire thread deleted and will never pay good money to advertise on that site again.

Just because YOU would do it YOUR way, doesn't mean anyone else is obligated to do the same thing. MOST organizations charge an auditing fee. I am from NC and 30.00 is NOT out of line.

If you don't like the fee, it's simple....don't go to the clinic. If you don't charge an auditing fee, that's your business.

CTM
Oct. 24, 2007, 02:44 AM
I love watching his videos on dressageclinic.com! I wish the clininc was a little closer drive for me; I'd come audit for sure.

naters
Oct. 24, 2007, 02:47 AM
Ummm.... does anyone remember the "stiffen peter" thread about him a while back?

I may head to the clinic just to see him in person... well worth 30 bucks!

naters
Oct. 24, 2007, 03:03 AM
http://chronicleforums.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=67099&highlight=steffen+peters

La Gringa
Oct. 24, 2007, 03:06 AM
Ummm.... does anyone remember the "stiffen peter" thread about him a while back?

I may head to the clinic just to see him in person... well worth 30 bucks!

I wonder if he has the stiffy problem in clinics too. :lol:

egontoast
Oct. 24, 2007, 05:55 AM
I think it's good policy to charge for auditing. That way you are more apt to get some people who are actually interested and fewer people just dropping by, coming and going, to schmooze and yak. You still get those but not so many.

When our local group puts on BNT clinics, the auditors' fees are needed to help pay for the clinician's fees and expenses.

snoopy
Oct. 24, 2007, 08:46 AM
I agree totally with charging to audit. I have learnt a great deal "from the ground" and a good clinic will also include those who audit. Also I firmly believe that it DOES help to off set the rising costs in holding clinics. So often I read/hear that so and so would love to clinic with someone but cannot afford to...well this is where the audit fee comes in. The next clinic that you want to go to may very well depend on getting "bums on seats" in order to make it financially possible for you to ride.
Help the industry, your fellow rider, and hopefully they will do the same for you.

WATCH, LISTEN, AND LEARN.

ctanner
Oct. 24, 2007, 08:57 AM
I've only watched him ride and school clients.I can't wait to go to the clinic!!!

Gucci Cowgirl
Oct. 24, 2007, 11:47 AM
:confused:

Gucci Cowgirl
Oct. 24, 2007, 11:50 AM
Good for you Gucci Girl- that you can afford it- no need to slam another organization that needs the money to pay for the clinic...it's not that someone is getting rich here and buying a Porsche on your auditting $$- jeez!!!

"We let people come watch him teach for free...I don't believe in auditor's paying to watch clinics, but that's just me..."

I'm sorry, how was that a slam??

A slam would be "How dare you charge poor auditors fees when all they want is to watch a clinic, that's extortion! you should be ashamed of yourselves!"

Kimberlee
Oct. 24, 2007, 11:53 AM
I think it's good policy to charge for auditing. That way you are more apt to get some people who are actually interested and fewer people just dropping by, coming and going, to schmooze and yak. You still get those but not so many.

When our local group puts on BNT clinics, the auditors' fees are needed to help pay for the clinician's fees and expenses.

Amen. I hate trying to hear the clinician over other people's conversation. Though I will be the first to admit that I have been guilty of trying to catch up with a long lost friend, when I should have been listening.

Classical DQ
Oct. 24, 2007, 12:01 PM
I think we already had a long thread about whether there should be fees for auditing!
I think it is wonderful that he is still planning to come for the clinic under the horrible circumstances with the fires in San Diego and having to have all of his barn evacuated!! I hope he comes to NC and that he feels extremely appreciated!!! I can't imagine what he and others are going through...and I hope I never will be able to imagine it!!

FancyFree
Oct. 24, 2007, 01:58 PM
It is only worth $ to audit if you get top riders. If I have to watch another clinic with Steffen teaching people how to post, I will scream..... When he teaches top rides like Lilo Fore or Hilda G, it is worth $100 or more. Is there a list of riders and their levels? I looked on the ncdcta web site and could not find any list of riders and, or levels of riders.

Did that actually happen? :eek:

Dressage Art
Oct. 24, 2007, 03:57 PM
SP changed quite a bit for much better clinician. I use to have a hard time understanding him and he would answer phone calls during the lessons and be quite direct to some riders,... last several years it's like a whole new SP, he is 100% focused on the riders and gives great, gentle advice. Loved his last clinic. Oh, he can be a soft spoken, so if he doesn't have a microphone, then he can be challenging to hear.

Barns here don't charge their boarders to audit, but they do charge other auditors from $25.00 per day and up. They give discounts per 2 or 3 day of auditing fees. Chairs and good sound cost $ to put out + many provide complimentary coffee and donuts for auditors and the sign up sheet is sitting right there with a box to put money in to. Come and help yourself.

cyberbay
Oct. 24, 2007, 06:31 PM
Paying to audit is the right thing to do. In fact, I would be shocked if I didn't have to pay to get the chance to sit in on such knowledge. $30...that's like $5/hour to get to watch lessons with one of the best riders in the world. It's a great deal!! As with any top professional in any profession, their expertise isn't handed out for free. Someone else made a good point that it also makes those auditors pay attn. a lot more, too, and think twice about yacking with their neighbors.

The people who organize should get some sort of compensation -- it's a lot of work to line up a clinician, cover their expenses, and then make sure you have enough riders to fill the clinic. It's not so easy to do.

Pony Fixer
Oct. 24, 2007, 09:02 PM
Well, I did not think this thread was gonna quite go this way...

Here's the deal. The organizer is not in this to make money. SP does not come cheap. First his fee--high (not saying not warranted). He will only teach 6 sessions per day. We have to fly him from West Coast to East Coast. We have to pay for a facility. We have to pay all his food and lodging. So, yup, it's costing $400 per session to RIDE. The goal is to have the riders pay his fee, and the auditors offset the flight, lodging, etc.

I now know who is riding, but there isn't a set schedule (times) yet. I don't know if I should mention names yet, either.

So, to protect the innocent:
There will be 3 private sessions (one horse/rider each) and 3 semi-private sessions (2 horses/riders each) both days (same pairs each day).

The makeup is:
private sessions--
One fabulous young horse with a good (bronze medal) rider
Two FEI horses ridden by a local BNT (he's had entire 15 page threads written about him here, and is worth watching for $30 alone, IMHO)

semi-private sessions--
Two FEI horses (I-1/PSG) with 2 local trainers
Two 3rd/4th level horses with 2 AAs (both one score away from bronze--I'm missing one at second, the other's missing a score at third)
Two lower level riders on nice horses

So clearly, there will be something for everyone. There are 2 rings, an indoor and outdoor with good viewing (weather depending on which ring), and there will be a PA system.

I will update again when I have a schedule and feel I can announce riders.

Gucci Cowgirl
Oct. 24, 2007, 09:53 PM
Sounds like it will be a great weekend :)

swgarasu
Oct. 25, 2007, 11:22 AM
So what?????????????? That's your perogative...doesn't mean everyone else has to do the same.

Why do people take the time to type useless information on threads, I don't get it.

Just because you disagree, doesn't mean it's useless information.

dalpal
Oct. 25, 2007, 02:39 PM
Just because you disagree, doesn't mean it's useless information.

SOOOOOO, telling someone that you don't charge an auditing fee, is useful on this thread....don't think so, sorry.

eggbutt
Oct. 25, 2007, 03:16 PM
See the NCDCTA website or PM me if you want more details...

There's nothing on the NCDCTA website about this clinic. I don't think it's an organization sponsored clinic is it? If it is, a full day's volunteer card should be accepted for auditing (that's how NCDCTA sponsored clinics normally work for auditors).

Fallbrook
Oct. 25, 2007, 07:43 PM
There's nothing on the NCDCTA website about this clinic. I don't think it's an organization sponsored clinic is it? If it is, a full day's volunteer card should be accepted for auditing (that's how NCDCTA sponsored clinics normally work for auditors).

It's on the ncdcta bulletin board (nchorsenews) - which I absolutely hate, btw.
:(:( - but it seems to just be an announcement for a private clinic.

There was some discussion of bringing SP to NC right after he was here in Aug. I thought it would have been logical for NCDCTA to do a big winter clinic at the Hunt Horse Complex - Didn't NCDCTA used to do that sort of thing? I seem to remember freezing my hiney off there quite a few years ago.

My horse was one of the 2nd level demo rides at the August clinic (the Equine Expo thing) I would have loved to have had Will in this clinic, but I didn't know anything about it until it was already full.

Pony Fixer
Oct. 25, 2007, 09:46 PM
Sorry, I *meant* to write NCDCTA BB website. Apologies. That is where updates will be posted.

Touchstone Farm
Oct. 25, 2007, 10:51 PM

Interesting...yet from previous threads you do suggest that amateurs or riders not as good as you should give up their spots so you can ride in certain clinics. Hmmm....are you just giving the ones you kick out a chance to watch for free? How kind of you!! (Said totally tongue in cheek.)

Oops...useless info, shouldn't have posted. :-)

Gucci Cowgirl
Oct. 26, 2007, 12:23 AM
Interesting...yet from previous threads you do suggest that amateurs or riders not as good as you should give up their spots so you can ride in certain clinics. Hmmm....are you just giving the ones you kick out a chance to watch for free? How kind of you!! (Said totally tongue in cheek.)

Oops...useless info, shouldn't have posted. :-)

:rolleyes:

You would be horrified to hear how the clinician has changed the lesson requirements at those clinics now I guess!

Dazednconfused
Oct. 26, 2007, 12:43 AM
Y'know I've seen it spelled Steffan and Steffen, but we all know who I mean :lol:

And Stiffen...:lol: :winkgrin:

Pony Fixer
Oct. 26, 2007, 11:49 AM
From the organizer, who saw this thread....

Could you post this for me?

Here is the deal with the clinic from the organizer:

1) Steffens basic expenses are paid for by the riders @$400/ride. He will teach 6 lessons, but is happy to teach semi privates.
2) The organizer had to fill the clinic before approaching Mr. Peters so that she did not have to write the rather large check out of her personal account. This is NOT and NCDCTA event. Hence the postings of updates and schedules on the NCDCTA BB instead of the website.
3) This is a NON profit clinic. The organizer is paying full price for her daughter to ride. Wooten Stables is donating the use of their facility and housing.
4) There were 6 riders who would have paid $500 each for a closed clinic. That is not what the organizer had in mind. She wanted to share this great instructor with everyone and help offset the price of the clinic for her not so wealthy, but dedicated, friends and students.
5) The money from the auditors, after expenses, will be refunded directly to the riders.
6) The riders range from Training to Grand Prix. Something for everyone!
7) Hope to see you there -but only with a smile!

snoopy
Oct. 26, 2007, 11:55 AM
[QUOTE=Pony Fixer;2761880]
5) The money from the auditors, after expenses, will be refunded directly to the riders.
QUOTE]

Well done and only confirms my belief that paying to audit a clinic is good for everyone (see post 17)!! Hopefully one day you will be the rider that is able to benefit from such an arrangement. This is exactly what I mean by supporting the trainers/riders/auditors/ and the industry as a whole. If we don't then clinics may well become a thing of the past...out of reach for everyone involved.

Maria
Oct. 26, 2007, 01:08 PM
Just to address a question that is not specific about this clinic but the NCDCTA. Yes the NCDCTA used to put on a year end educational symposium geared towards auditors in coordination with the year end banquet.

They were very costly. Usually auditors paid $50.00 for the weekend.

The first 3 years that I organized these clinics they were very well recieved. As time went on they were not attended as well. That may have something to do with not having them any longer.

You have to pay for the clinician, flight, lodging, food, hand-outs, rental of the horse complex including stalls, provide some bedding, have the arena dragged. It's very expensive and usually runs in the red.

Gucci Cowgirl
Oct. 26, 2007, 07:48 PM
It sounds very well organized! Have fun :)

J-Lu
Oct. 26, 2007, 11:00 PM
It sounds great!

I'm NOT saying anything about whether someone like him is or is not worth the price. If the person paying thinks it is worth the price, then it is.

But I just had this conversation with a friend yesterday... I'm trying to grasp the concept of $400 for a 45 minute lesson, $800 ($1000 - if single riders all weekend) for a weekend clinic. One. thousand. dollars. for 1.5 hours of having an uber-trainer comment on your riding. Insurance companies pay specialized doctors fees like this... :o (I'm using this emoticon because no one ever uses it, not because it expresses anything particularly relevant here).

ctanner
Oct. 27, 2007, 08:16 AM
I remember doing the math on a Robert Dover clinic about 4 or 5 years ago and thinking the same thing.

My conclusion ia as follows;Expert eyes see you without attatchment and can give one or two suggestions that can change your riding enough to give you the edge you are looking.

Lambie Boat
Oct. 27, 2007, 11:18 AM
I've never heard of giving auditor fees to the riders after expenses are covered. How wonderful! Is there usually money left over, or is this just a concept?

$400 a lesson made me throw up in my mouth a little.

Pony Fixer
Oct. 27, 2007, 12:35 PM
Ctanner and others,

Yup. $400 makes me wanna hurl too, a private lesson would be great but $800 is too much for the budget. I figure it is about the cost for me to show for a weekend (minus lodging cost), and if I can get one really useful tidbit of info, will be well worth it. I am hoping that he really gets in to it with us since I don't need to be coddled, I want to learn and improve. I did see him at the NC horse expo and felt with the limited time he had with each rider he was effective. Looking forward to watching and learning, too.

It would be nice if I get a few $$ back, but I'm not counting on it!

cyberbay
Oct. 27, 2007, 12:47 PM
The thing is that unless I've ridden with someone before, a one-time lesson is really hard to absorb. It's why I don't like clinics unless I've ridden with them before and/or will have the opp. to ride again with them. Just been my experience for myself... And I would LOVE to watch Steffen's clinic. Would love love love to, and I'm an eventer-type!

ctanner
Oct. 27, 2007, 01:53 PM
Hey,I think you misunderstood my post.

Yes it is expensive,but I belive there are alot of riders out there who would get their monies worth by riding in just such a clinic.I benefit from watching these riders as an auditor.

Please re-read what I wrote.

Touchstone Farm
Oct. 27, 2007, 09:54 PM
:rolleyes:

You would be horrified to hear how the clinician has changed the lesson requirements at those clinics now I guess!

I doubt that I would be "horrified." It's the clinician's perogative. I'm guessing, however, that you are probably pleased because now you are riding in the clinic or riders you approve of are riding versus the useless adult amateurs.

I think what you aren't grasping about my point here or in your previous post, is that I don't think it's up to the Gucci Cowboys of the world to decide who should or shouldn't get into clinics. I've held clinics at my facility for more than 10 years, and those that ride are the regulars who have supported me from Day 1, whether they are amateurs or professionals. Over the years, the only ones who have not been invited back are (1) those who were disrespectful of me or my facility: i.e., demanding others get out of their way, jogging their horses across my lawn, demanding a paddock for their horse, etc. etc. and basically acting like DQs and the other riders and me and my husband were there to serve them...kind of the entitlement attitude -- sound familiar?! :-) or (2) those the clinician either told the person or asked me not to invite the person back because they were abusive or unfair to the horse, didn't do their "homework" (I haven't had time to ride/I can't come today, but can you ride my horse?!), or it just wasn't a good match student/teacher-wise. But never was a decision determined by someone in the peanut gallery who decided that someone did or did not "deserve" the slot because they weren't a more advanced rider...

I don't charge for auditors to come to my clinics at my private facility. Personally I feel fortunate to have these wonderful clinicians and I like for others to have the opportunity for education, be they adult amateurs, young riders or professionals. On the other hand, the GMO I belong to does charge for auditors because it's in a boarding facility so we have to pay for the facility. Of course, the boarders get to attend for free because we are, in a way, inconveniencing them by taking over their arena for three days!

Anyway...back on topic...I don't think $30 is too much for auditing. We charged at least that when Steffen was here two times. He is definitely worth it and one will learn a lot from auditing, that's for sure! We had organized a symposium with him and Janet Brown-Foy, but had to cancel it due to his preparations for the Olympics. We're hoping to have him back for the third time in the near future.

Pony Fixer
Oct. 27, 2007, 10:24 PM
ctanner,

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand what you mean, but I took no offense to anything you wrote...we're good.:)

Sdhaurmsmom
Oct. 27, 2007, 10:35 PM
Fabulous rider - but he teaches Lilo and Hilda? I'd think it would be the other way around.

Obviously they don't think so. So think again!

snoopy
Oct. 28, 2007, 08:00 AM
Obviously they don't think so. So think again!

EVERYONE...no matter what the level can benefit from "eyes on the ground" and it is not uncommon for many top riders to lesson with their fellow trainers/riders to keep them sharp. Bad babits creep in, and a fresh pair of eyes is of benefit to all.
I am not surprised in the least that hilda and others of that level may work with steffen...perhaps he does the same.
This is a sport that you never master...each horse and situation is different and as such we require "reminding" more frequently then we think.

I myself go beyond that...nagging would be a better word!!!:D

Gucci Cowgirl
Oct. 28, 2007, 12:52 PM
I'm guessing, however, that you are probably pleased because now you are riding in the clinic or riders you approve of are riding versus the useless adult amateurs.

Sorry, but that's not the case at all - I only rode in the clinic one weekend, and it turned out to be not the right match for my stallion, though the clinician is a wonderful teacher. I have not been back since, even to audit, for lack of extra time.

The organization I have heard they have now, is the best way for that particular clinician to give the most help in the most efficient way while she is here.

Lambie Boat
Oct. 28, 2007, 02:17 PM
I had the pleasure of watching both SP and his wife Shannon train lots of horses one day. wow. She's a fantastic rider as well. Does anyone know if she also gives clinics?

Gucci Cowgirl
Oct. 28, 2007, 03:43 PM
Shannon is a fantastic teacher as well...she does give clinics, but not very often, we had her come here one weekend when Steffan was unavailable, and she was GREAT!

I think you just have to schedule way ahead of time, as she's pretty busy!

Touchstone Farm
Oct. 28, 2007, 09:30 PM
Sorry, but that's not the case at all - I only rode in the clinic one weekend, and it turned out to be not the right match for my stallion, though the clinician is a wonderful teacher. I have not been back since, even to audit, for lack of extra time.

So all your complaining about the adult amateurs riding was for nothing? See, it all works out just fine in the end. :-)

Gucci Cowgirl
Oct. 28, 2007, 10:16 PM
So all your complaining about the adult amateurs riding was for nothing? See, it all works out just fine in the end. :-)

Were you a Jack Russell in a previous life? that would explain a lot....

egontoast
Oct. 29, 2007, 06:08 AM
Oh right, I knew that was ringing a bell. Gucci C was the person who posted the thread some time ago complaining about lowly AAs hogging the rides at clinics. Then she deleted most of her posts after getting in to the clinic. Maybe that's the clinic that wasn't a good match for her stallion?

See, maybe that's why the lowly AAs get into the clinics- they support them on a regular basis , sign up and pay for them over and over again.
http://chronicleforums.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=96914&highlight=clinics

Now she's complaining about paying an auditting fee. Maybe it's the attitude , rather than politics, that gets her in trouble with the organizers.

Gucci Cowgirl
Oct. 29, 2007, 09:39 AM
Oh right, I knew that was ringing a bell. Gucci C was the person who posted the thread some time ago complaining about lowly AAs hogging the rides at clinics. Then she deleted most of her posts after getting in to the clinic. Maybe that's the clinic that wasn't a good match for her stallion?

See, maybe that's why the lowly AAs get into the clinics- they support them on a regular basis , sign up and pay for them over and over again.
http://chronicleforums.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=96914&highlight=clinics

Now she's complaining about paying an auditting fee. Maybe it's the attitude , rather than politics, that gets her in trouble with the organizers.

Actually, if you were capable of reading for comprehension, (which seems highly unlikely) I deleted my posts 3 days before I got into the clinic, and yes, it's the same clinic that I referenced here. You shur are a real good detective!

You need to get a life, or am I just fodder for everyone now that slick is on a decreased posting schedule? How about you go do something useful instead of dragging up crap from 6 months ago...or are you fresh out of new material? I know recycling is the responsible thing to do, but really, this is getting old...yawn.

Hidden Pond Farm
Oct. 29, 2007, 10:19 PM
Well, this thread made me laugh pretty hard so thanks ladies for that. I have had quite a rough day!!

Gucci, I am familiar with your posts and I have to say if we ever met at a party or something like that, I'm pretty sure I would like you. I like your spunk and I think you're pretty smart for how young you are. Let me also share that Touchstone is one of my best friends, also really smart and super spunky!! I think after a few glasses of wine, you two would be standing on a bar singing german drinking songs arm and arm (and neither one of you know german past how to ask for a beer probably!)

for the rest of you watching this thread--I hope that image has you laughing as much as I am right now;)

ein prosit!

Gucci Cowgirl
Oct. 29, 2007, 11:01 PM
LOL, that is a good image...I could sure use a good German beer tonight!

and FWIW, I don't really take any of the bickering on this forum seriously - 99.9% of the time I am laughing while typing anyways...and Touchstone was just calling it as she (he?) saw it, which is all anybody can do on here anyways given the lack of personal contact...typing leaves a lot left to the imagination!

Touchstone Farm
Oct. 31, 2007, 11:05 PM
Now wait a minute. Don't sell me short. I also know how to ask for the bathroom in German. (The two phrases seem to come in handy together!)

And Gucci...you're right -- I am a bit of a jack russel when it comes to my "tenacity" for defending the adult amateurs!

And now...Ich habe durst. Bier bitte!!!!

(Oh, and for the record, Gucci, I would need a damentoilette...although I'm sure I could cause quite a scene by going in the other one!!)

Sabine
Oct. 31, 2007, 11:40 PM
being a real german- I loved that exchange- yup girls you're getting tougher and having fun!!
Man sagt nicht Damentoilette- aber ich muss sagen Touchstone sollte sagen: "fuer Damen bitte" - und dann wird man gleich dahin gewiesen.

The analogy of a Jack Russell was great...although I could see Touchy as a nice Mini Schnauzer...a tad more Chuzbe...:)!! (but then I LOVE the Schnauzers and of course they are German dogs- whereas the Jack Russells belong on the island...)

Gucci Cowgirl
Nov. 1, 2007, 10:31 AM
Crap...I have no idea what you guys are saying! to Babblefish I go...

Gucci Cowgirl
Nov. 1, 2007, 11:39 AM
(Oh, and for the record, Gucci, I would need a damentoilette...although I'm sure I could cause quite a scene by going in the other one!!)

a Demon Toilet? what the crap is that...

Hidden Pond Farm
Nov. 1, 2007, 02:13 PM
This thread has literally gone to the dogs AND down the toilet!:lol:

Sabine--I got lost on the very last sentence--my translation--"then would someone lost get the right conditions???"

Forgive me mother for I am--American!!!

BTW--say your Devon performance Sabine--Very lovely!!!

Touchstone Farm
Nov. 1, 2007, 11:15 PM
a Demon Toilet? what the crap is that...

No, no Gucci, you're on the right track with your "crap" reference, but....demon toilets are the ones at shows -- AKA porta potties and are used by both sexes. You must get in touch with your fraulein side. (Now I'm grasping at German. Have no idea how to say to get in touch with your "feminine" side.)

And now I've reach the extent of my Deutsch, so I must stop before I accidentally ask someone to marry me (which might raise my husband's eyebrows), help me climb a tree or eat a schnauzer.

Sabine
Nov. 2, 2007, 12:15 AM
This thread has literally gone to the dogs AND down the toilet!:lol:

Sabine--I got lost on the very last sentence--my translation--"then would someone lost get the right conditions???"

Forgive me mother for I am--American!!!

BTW--say your Devon performance Sabine--Very lovely!!!

I am not Sabine Schut-Kery- although I have high respect for her...Just for the facts..and
what I said was that someone would immediately show you to the right place- if asking for the 'ladies room' ).

and yes it has gone down the tubes a bit...but still quite innocent...;)

Sabine
Nov. 2, 2007, 12:17 AM
No, no Gucci, you're on the right track with your "crap" reference, but....demon toilets are the ones at shows -- AKA porta potties and are used by both sexes. You must get in touch with your fraulein side. (Now I'm grasping at German. Have no idea how to say to get in touch with your "feminine" side.)

And now I've reach the extent of my Deutsch, so I must stop before I accidentally ask someone to marry me (which might raise my husband's eyebrows), help me climb a tree or eat a schnauzer.

LOL- little schnauzer- don't eat a schnauzer...but get in touch with your feminine side is " sich mit seiner weiblichen Natur vertraut machen".

never knew you were German...but of course it explains a lot...:)!! :)

Gucci Cowgirl
Nov. 2, 2007, 12:00 PM
Oy with the poodles already!

Touchstone Farm
Nov. 2, 2007, 10:56 PM
Sabine, I am an "imported" German...through my grandparents! In other words, my parents were born here. And, I'm only half German (diluted by my father's Swedish genes) which could explain my limited genetic ability to really learn German even though I've tried to take classes twice (after my day job).

And now, back to the regularly scheduled program...Steffen Peters and his clinic!

Pony Fixer
Nov. 9, 2007, 12:18 AM
Update from the organizer.
Wooten farms in Wilson

Directions from Raleigh/440

64 East headed toward Wilson/Rocky Mt./Greenville or the new 264 East by-past.

After the Zebulon exit take the Wilson/Greenville exit to the right – you are still on 264 East.

Continue on until Exit 36-B to Wilson. Exit to the right into Wilson.

Turn left onto Bloomery Rd at the third light (Merck Rd goes the right).

Go approx. 6/10 tenths of a mile and turn right onto Packhouse Rd
Go approx. 2 miles (this is also a two lane road).

At the light turn left on Nash Rd and 58N. (this is a four lane road)

Look for the signs for clinic parking on the right shortly after Scotch Highlands Lane

Steffen Peters Clinic Schedule

Saturday November 17th

9:00 Laurie Bauchman William E 4 yr old Training/First Level DWB Gelding
10:00 Janice Aquino Goldrush II 16 year old 3rd/4th level Oldenburg gelding
Robyn Davis Hahn S’more Art 12 year old 3rd/4th level DWB cross gelding
11:00 Karyn Beccerra Godfather 17 year old PSG Oldenburg Stallion
Elizabeth Moore Monshatten 17 year old I2/ GP Trakehner Gelding

12:00 Lunch
1:00 Jim Koford Don Principe 8 year old I2 Hanoverian stallion
2:00 Patsy Wooten Jolt 12 year old Training level Freisian Gelding
Natalie Blikslager My Lady 7 year old 2nd/3rd level Hanoverian mare
3:00 Jim Koford ?

Sunday November 18th

8: 30 Laurie Bauchman
9:15 Janice Aquino/ Robyn Davis Hahn
10:00 Karyn Beccerra/ Elizabeth Moore
10:45 Jim Koford
11:30 lunch
12:15 Patsy Wooten/ Natalie Blikslager
1:00 Jim Koford
2:00 Steffen to the airport!

Other information:
The audit fee of $30/day can be check-made out to Windcroft Farm- or cash exact fee only there will be no change. Many places to eat with in a few miles of the farm.
Hotels
Hampton Inn – 291-0330

Jameson Inn – 234-7172

Holiday Inn – 234-7900