PDA

View Full Version : Okay, so who else is going to Waredaca?

Dr. Doolittle
Oct. 23, 2007, 03:09 PM
I know asterix is taking her big guy Prelim (and was hoping to get some "insider scoop" from her on how the T-Championship course looks--the T 3-Day riders will be riding over it before we will :)), and also how they are preparing the footing in general. (The darn rain that they *keep* promising us seems to be wimping out as it hits the Blue Ridge Mountains--yet again! :( I'm still keeping fingers crossed that we get some good downpours tonight--especially up in MD! :yes:)

So who all is entered?

Is anyone going to the T 3-Day, either as a competitor or a volunteer?? If so, we would love to hear how it's going this week! ;) I *so* wish I could fit a couple trips up there into my schedule over the next few days...:sigh:

mythical84
Oct. 23, 2007, 03:13 PM
Unforunately the Harrymonster has fallen victim to the hard ground, and is laid up with what we can only hope is a deep hoof bruise (otherwise we're talking xrays and ultrasounds, and I'm scared of what's under there). So ...

I will be there volunteering both days. I'll be jump judging somewhere on course Saturday, and might be in stadium on Sunday.

Eventer55
Oct. 23, 2007, 03:16 PM
Mr E55 and I are taking a friend of mine and her 2 horses, she's going Training with both. This is a young girl who doesn't drive yet and everyone else is busy. This is probably not very interesting to you.

Janet
Oct. 23, 2007, 03:20 PM
I will be there, being examined.

bambam
Oct. 23, 2007, 03:26 PM
HRH and I are planning on going at this point but it is a question how many phases we will do. Since I have not jumped a x-country jump since last December and we have just started jumping novice height again (as in this week), we bumped down to novice (was not ready for a championship training course :lol:) and will play it by ear and basically use it as a schooling opportunity (an expensive one, but I entered hoping we would be back up to speed by now and without knowing we would lose time for an abscess).
I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will do x-country- I am DYING to and it has been way too long :yes:

Dr. Doolittle
Oct. 23, 2007, 03:54 PM
I will be there, being examined.

:lol:

Forgive me, it's just a good straight line, if one is in that kind of mood :p

(Obviously it's for your TD certification?)

Dr. Doolittle
Oct. 23, 2007, 03:56 PM
HRH and I are planning on going at this point but it is a question how many phases we will do. Since I have not jumped a x-country jump since last December and we have just started jumping novice height again (as in this week), we bumped down to novice (was not ready for a championship training course :lol:) and will play it by ear and basically use it as a schooling opportunity (an expensive one, but I entered hoping we would be back up to speed by now and without knowing we would lose time for an abscess).
I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will do x-country- I am DYING to and it has been way too long :yes:

Good luck, bambam! I'm sure you all will do great, and that (if you do opt to do it) HRH will *love* getting back out on the X-country course again after this time! :D

Janet
Oct. 23, 2007, 04:27 PM
:lol:

Forgive me, it's just a good straight line, Thanks.

pharmgirl
Oct. 23, 2007, 05:07 PM
I will be there at least on Sat xc jump judging somewhere, and probably at least Sunday morning before having to go pick up Mr. Pharmgirl from the airport.

I am sure I will be out there for various things since it's home base for me, so if you see someone with a giant appy wandering around it's most likely me or mythical who will be riding him in the unrecognized HT :).

barilar
Oct. 23, 2007, 05:13 PM
I will be there for the traning championships. Looks like it is gonna be a fun day!

Dr. Doolittle
Oct. 23, 2007, 05:16 PM
Thanks.

Well, in any case, good luck--not that you need it!

(If anyone were tailor-made to be a TD, it's Janet...;))

I'll keep an eye out for the giant appy, since I missed him (as well as pharmgirl and mythical) at the Short Course Event, since I was there late--I did see an appy, but wasn't sure whether it was him...he should be hard to miss!

barilar, good luck! (I guess I'll be competing against you ;))

tarheelmd07
Oct. 23, 2007, 09:35 PM
I'll be there Sunday in the Novice Rider division -- riding the horse I've been leasing while my boy is treated for EPM. I'd love to meet any other CoTHer's there -- and we should be easy to spot! Just look for the tall blond on a big chestnut TB...wearing HOT PINK :lol:

I'll also be volunteering at the T3D Friday and Saturday...

leawoodfarm
Oct. 23, 2007, 10:35 PM
If your talking about Nov. 4, I will be there doing BN horse. I got my new guy in July, took him to Iron Bridge HT and won our walk trot division so I thought I would try a little challenge and try BN Horse. Last time I looked there were 26 in that division, so it will definitely be a challenge. I love my guy and am really excited. I'll be on a chubby bay and white pinto. Do any of you know if BN does the water element? I think we do, but not 100% sure, its really my only concern for him but I think it will be fine.

I am also going to try to stop by this weekend just to watch. I am pretty new to eventing so I think it will be a good learning opportunity.

Maybe i'll see some of you there!

Tazzie
Oct. 24, 2007, 07:11 AM
Dr Doolittle - I'll be there volunteering for phase D on friday, and I'm also going to do the thursday course walk with Karen O, so if I hear any tidbits of good info on the course walk I'll post them here friday morning.

toeknee
Oct. 24, 2007, 07:24 AM
I will hopefully be there Sunday doing our 2nd Prelim. Yeah!:) What is the footing like for all of you guys close? We got a little rain last night and I am dancing around for it to continue today and on... I wish they had entry stats up, I bumped up from Training and my worring self just wants to make SURE I am in for prelim...I guess I will just have to wait for times:)

Tazzie
Oct. 24, 2007, 07:27 AM
What is the footing like for all of you guys close?

Good morning! I live approx 30 minutes from Waredaca. We had some rain overnight the night before and some last night - though I don't know actual amounts. It's still drizzling on and off right now. Today's forecast is chance of showers all day at 80% so maybe we'll get lucky and it will rain off and on all day!

asterix
Oct. 24, 2007, 08:52 AM
Ah yes, we will be trying to successfully complete our moveup. Of course I have been wandering around the course psyching myself out (I can't jump THAT into the water...oh...intermediate, you say? oh, ok...) as usual.

I suppose I'm not supposed to talk TOO specifically about the course, and it's safe to say I can't figure much of it out yet because it's VERY different than it's ever been (they have built a house on one part of the course, so the flow is very new), and they are still building it...

What I can say:
No, we have not gotten any real rain, as of 6 pm last night. I assume it's raining there now, though.

The ground is really hard. I did sets yesterday on our manure track. There are no jumps on the manure track, so this doesn't help y'all out much. We are very bored with the manure track.

They plan to aerovate (or whatever the word is) unless we get magical rain.

People are arriving for the T3d already! It was a blessing for me, as I finally had to say "whoa" and not "go" doing sets -- the big man was very interested in all the commotion and was far more energetic than usual.

It's quite hard to parse out the T course from the T champs course, so I won't hazard a guess -- many of the usual suspects appear to be out there, including the T wedgie, the trakhener, the keyhole (this one is usually reserved for the champs course), 2 waters, half coffin...

I _think_ we are doing dressage in the front parking field, so pay attention please to parking signs and volunteers when you arrive --

and expect it to be different, as I said -- the flow is new this year.

Looking forward to seeing all of you! I am going to CROSS that finish line this time!!!

bambam
Oct. 24, 2007, 08:58 AM
I know they got some rain last night and the predictions are for 80% chance of showers today, tomorrow and Friday with a small chance on Saturday. I am desperately hoping we get the inch they predicted because that should help quite a bit but not make it the muddy swamp it was the year before last (I think that was the year all the trailers had to be pulled out with a tractor from the field where they parked although last year it rained so much they had to cancel Sunday so not any better just nobody stuck since they did not come).
HRH and I want to run and jump :D

pharmgirl
Oct. 24, 2007, 09:10 AM
I live 10 min from Waredaca, and we apparently got _some_ rain last night (not sure how much) and it was drizzling some on the way to work this morning. I will be out at lunchtime and can provide a better idea of what the ground is like after that.

Like asterix said-I also believe dressage will be in the front field/old parking lot. I think parking this time will be in the field near the dreaded white dogs, and that entrance will probably be off Howard Chapel Road (the road that is perpendicular to 650 and the old parking entrance. Just another FYI to be aware when arriving!

leawoodfarm- for the unrec. Nov 4, I would be fairly certain BN has a pass through water. Every course I have seen so far at BN (rec. or unrec.) had to go through water at some point on xc.

inquisitive
Oct. 24, 2007, 09:28 AM
I'll be jump judging XC on Saturday too! pharmgirl and mythical make sure you introduce yourselves in the morning. It's my first time volunteering so I will be one looking lost :lol: 5'6" skinny dirty blonde.

Good luck everyone :)

pegasusmom
Oct. 24, 2007, 09:29 AM
Asterix - best of luck!! You Go Girl!!

The YP made the jump to prelim in August - and with two very successful runs, very hard ground, and the NC State Independant School XC championships we are declaring victory and staying home.

It is raining here at CHP this morning!!!!:D:D:D

scubed
Oct. 24, 2007, 09:38 AM
I'll be volunteering Friday and Saturday. Good luck to everyone who is competing.

Dr. Doolittle
Oct. 24, 2007, 09:54 AM
Magically, the forecasters changed the forecasts yesterday from "rain on Tuesday into Wednesday, chance of rain late Saturday", to "a big system coming up from the south will stall, and it will rain steadily, off and on, through Saturday" (which is the rain that pegasusmom is seeing :)) This could cause some problems, since if there isn't a break in the precip, at some point, it won't have a chance to be absorbed into the ground in time for the X-country phases! :sigh:

It's ironic, actually, since we have SO needed rain for SO long!!

I'm hoping it won't be a repeat of the time when they had to cancel at the last minute (that bambam made reference to), but since I've rented a stall and a hotel room up there, I'm just thinking "full steam ahead", and preparing to go! :D

BTW, I just checked the website, and they are running X-country *before* stadium on Saturday--normally I would say "yay!", but if the X-country winds up being too slick, will they still allow you to do a "CT version", as bambam had said she might?

pharmgirl, tazzie, and asterix--maybe you all can keep us posted on the conditions up there over the next several days--that would be *so* helpful! :yes:

toeknee
Oct. 24, 2007, 09:54 AM
yeah!!! times are up!!! I wasn't expecting them till tomorrow! I am in prelim-A which looks like it is open prelim. As if my second prelim wasn't stressfull enough, now I get to ride after Karen O'Conner, Sally Cousins...oh the list goes on.:D Hopefully I won't make a total fool out of myself:eek: RAIN RAIN RAIN

Dr. Doolittle
Oct. 24, 2007, 10:06 AM
Yay, times are up! :) (Thanks, toeknee)

My dressage time is reasonable , but I will only have 30 minutes between dressage and cross country :eek: (At least they allow you to do stadium in your "X-country attire"--and apparently they will also allow you to skip X-country if you inform them of your decision beforehand, so that question was answered on the website :) Of course that's kind of the whole point of going, to do the X-country...:sigh:)

Does anyone know whether they aerated/aggravated the tracks, or plan to?

bambam
Oct. 24, 2007, 10:08 AM
Dr D- website includes a statement that anyone wishing to withdraw from x-c but wanting to do stadium may do so (assume you have to notify them though)- so you are good to go if you want to

asterix
Oct. 24, 2007, 10:08 AM
pmom, I am good to go as long as I keep hearing "you go girl" all the way around the course :D
We have schooled and schooled, and the big man is looking very good out there as long as I am CONFIDENT down to my fences. We've done 2 Ps as combined tests (ok, the second one we made it to the dreaded trakhener on xc) and been in 2nd and 3rd after 2 phases, so I KNOW WE CAN DO IT!!!

right?

Will keep you all posted on the ground. I'll be out every day and riding my baby at least on the fields (big man has to do t3d dressage demo test today -- my least favorite test, with an audience. fun!), so I will report back!!!

Edited to add: they said they'd aerate if they need to depending on rain. I'll let you know...

Carol Ames
Oct. 24, 2007, 10:14 AM
Whois the TD there?

Janet
Oct. 24, 2007, 10:21 AM
Whois the TD there?
From the on line omnibus

TD: Jack Leary, CT Judges: Pres: Beth Barritt, MD; Peggy Pariso, MD; Ann Forer, NJ TR-3D TD: Helmut Boehme, VA GJP: Bobby Stevenson, NC; Brian Ross, VA CD:X-C: I-David O┬┤Connor, VA N/T/P-Robert Butts, MD SJ: Kathy White

pharmgirl
Oct. 24, 2007, 10:32 AM
Will definitely try to keep everyone posted as to ground conditions. Our fields generally hold water quite well (which is why all of us were :eek: when we saw the river the other year!), and if it's just these showers off and on that they are forecasting everything should probably be pretty good.

Asterix- you know you will probably have a gator contingent following you on course, right? ;) Of course we will all be screaming "you go, girl"! :)

Good luck to everyone!

Dr. Doolittle
Oct. 24, 2007, 10:37 AM
pmom, I am good to go as long as I keep hearing "you go girl" all the way around the course :D
We have schooled and schooled, and the big man is looking very good out there as long as I am CONFIDENT down to my fences. We've done 2 Ps as combined tests (ok, the second one we made it to the dreaded trakhener on xc) and been in 2nd and 3rd after 2 phases, so I KNOW WE CAN DO IT!!!

right?

Will keep you all posted on the ground. I'll be out every day and riding my baby at least on the fields (big man has to do t3d dressage demo test today -- my least favorite test, with an audience. fun!), so I will report back!!!

Edited to add: they said they'd aerate if they need to depending on rain. I'll let you know...

It sounds like you are in good shape, preparation-wise, so now all we need is "cooperation from the weather gods" (As in "Thanks tremendously for the rain, weather gods, but please let it soak into the ground, and subside in time for us *all* to be able to do X-country safely" ;)

Good luck with the demo; I'm sure you'lle wow 'em :)

Thanks for offering to be the "eye on the ground" (so to speak ;)); we'll all be "watching this space" for your reports...:)

tarheelmd07
Oct. 24, 2007, 04:53 PM
I got my email about ride times...but I can't seem to get the list of times to load on the webpage (trying to find out when my trailering buddy is riding...). I clicked on the Times link on the page, and can see the info about parking, etc. but no list of times.

Am I doing something wrong? Is anyone else having this problem?

bambam
Oct. 24, 2007, 04:58 PM
You have to click on the orange "ride times" at the top
took me a minute to figure that out since it does not look like a link to me

tarheelmd07
Oct. 24, 2007, 05:02 PM
You have to click on the orange "ride times" at the top
took me a minute to figure that out since it does not look like a link to me

Thanks! :D

asterix
Oct. 24, 2007, 08:00 PM
Ground is still hard but better -- not what you'd want for running xc, YET, but it is still raining. If we cross our collective fingers we may get enough but not too much.

T course is flagged but I only saw bits of it as I hacked the baby around roads and tracks.

The T3d is overflowing with people! More than any other year, I think. It was quite the eerie experience riding the test in front of what seemed like hundreds (ok, probably 30, but, still, when was the last time YOU rode a dressage test in front of 30 people?), with the judge scoring/critiquing each move on the PA as I rode.

But, you know what, it was really helpful, actually! And the Pman puffed up and was very cooperative.

Mythical, could the gator actually go RIGHT behind me and rev its engine at strategic moments? That could be just what we need!

Carol Ames
Oct. 24, 2007, 09:52 PM
you go gir!l just please don't set the bar too high!:lol:

pharmgirl
Oct. 24, 2007, 10:02 PM
I concur with asterix on the footing. When we got a break from rain in the early afternoon, the ground was actually drying up. This evening there was more give so to speak, but still definitely firm (I had to walk quite a distance in the rain to get a certain giant appy who decided in the span of 3 hours to relinquish his post at the closest hay bale, so therefore I could gauge a fair amount of turf)

asterix- I'm sure we could probably arrange something- although with the gator there is always the risk of the backfire (how would Piko do with that right on his behind?):)

Carol Ames
Oct. 24, 2007, 10:02 PM
GOOD LUCK EVVERYONE1 My "other "volunteer group, the church, :lol:has me busy both days this weekend!

tarheelmd07
Oct. 24, 2007, 10:41 PM
As I sit here in my office in downton Baltimore (the joys of having a job where you take call and work a 30hour shift every 5 days), it's still raining...and harder than earlier! Here's hoping it's still raining over at Waredaca -- the old guy I'm riding would appreciate the softer ground for his almost-20-year-old legs!

Janet
Oct. 24, 2007, 10:56 PM
you go gir!l just please don't set the bar too high!:lol:
Thanks

mythical84
Oct. 25, 2007, 07:59 AM
Asterix ... I'm not gator girl on Sunday, so you'll have to speak with Kristen about that. From past experience though, I can tell you that taking a truck out is much better. Knowing that a huge truck w/ a load of people in it is on your butt as you're galloping is a huge motivator. :)

I got stuck doing SJ warmup on Sunday ... aka my least favorite volunteer position. Ah well. At least Skip is there to keep me on track.

scubed
Oct. 25, 2007, 08:09 AM
I think I get to do stadium warmup on Saturday, *without* Skip :eek:

mythical84
Oct. 25, 2007, 08:25 AM
I think I get to do stadium warmup on Saturday, *without* Skip :eek:

Better you than me. ;)

Tazzie
Oct. 25, 2007, 08:55 AM
Sadly I won't be able to attend the course walk today as I had hoped. My Amazon parrot Sabbath has a cold and I need to take him to the vet this afternoon.

The good news, as others have mentioned, is that it rained last night and is still raining on and off today. The gound should be soaking it up b/c it is steady rain instead of an all out downpour that runs off the land.

I'll be jump judging phase D tomorrow - I'm a brown short haired glasses wearing female and I'd love to meet anybody so say hello if you see me!

Good luck to everybody!

asterix
Oct. 25, 2007, 10:10 AM
mr. asterix and Bravo the Dog will be running xc warmup on Sunday. Hopefully everyone will keep their clothes on this time :lol:
Be sure to say hi to them!

He'll have the truck as a Bravo containment device, so perhaps he can load up and drive behind us as encouragement. I'm sure they won't mind the giant grooves he'd carve on the course (but, hey, I think the ground will be soft enough to MAKE grooves, so that's a plus!)...

retreadeventer
Oct. 25, 2007, 03:15 PM
I have some jog pictures from Weds.
I'll get them up at the T3D site, link is below. Not there today so awaiting word on the footing and weather. It's rained here in Delaware ALL DAY.

asterix
Oct. 25, 2007, 06:22 PM
well....
er....
we got lots of rain...
um...
let's just say I'd be seriously on the fence about running the Big man today -- because we don't have front studs (he pulls front shoes so easily we have sworn off them for now).

If we had normal turf for this time of year I'd say the footing was great, but bc we have so little grass it's getting a bit greasy out there...
so...
any time it wants to stop raining would be fine by me.

Dr. Doolittle
Oct. 25, 2007, 07:12 PM
This is exactly what I was worried about :sigh:

This afternoon, I talked to the woman who I was assigned to stable with; she's 6 miles from Waredaca--she said that her horses were "slipping and sliding" in their pasture (and Waredaca's pastures/cross country course is probably in similar condition), and that she was actually going to call me and suggest that I reconsider coming up, under the circumstances...I cancelled the stabling, cancelled our hotel reservation, and now Mr. Dr. D(who had taken tomorrow off, and had planned to go up and walk the X-country course with me tomorrow afternoon, after which we would "make a decision" as to whether to venture out on Saturday morning) is saying "don't bother: the course will probably be under water by tomorrow anyway, and driving back to VA in rush hour traffic--on a rainy Friday afternoon/evening--will likely be a nightmare"...:(

The weather forecasters (I hesitate to use their "official scientific title of meteorologist", especially considering their waffling and whimsically flip-flopping forecasts earlier in the week--this with the understanding, of course, that it's "not an exact science"..and no, the weather is not their fault, and YES, we have *so* needed this rain..just not "all at once" :p)--anyway--they are now saying that it will rain *HEAVILY* tomorrow, all day (with strong winds as well!), and continue well into the day on Saturday, ending by late afternoon. (One weatherguy actually said there was a chance of T-Storms on Saturday! :eek:) So if we get an *additional* 2-3 inches, I'm thinking "rice paddy"...It's already slick on the bare ground areas, and once the first few horses (with studs) go over the course, it will be chopped up *and* slick. I fear for the T 3-day people doing X-country tomorrow, in the worst of it! (And parking rigs on the grass has proved to be "an adventure" in past years...Not so much the "parking" part, more the "getting out" part :p)

Dressage is also on grass, and since I ride on Saturday morning, I just figured it's not worth it to haul all the way up there just to do a CT; the main reason I entered was in order to get a crack at that Championship course! :yes:

At what point do you think they would they consider cancelling??

Many thanks for the updates, asterix--please keep 'em coming! :yes:

retreadeventer
Oct. 25, 2007, 08:37 PM
Dressage results are back from the first day of the training three day event. Rosella Hunter on Lance leads Division A with a score of 29.5. In second is Paxton Abbey with Mary R. Jordan, with 31.1. In third is Nancy Verzi with Journey Leader with a 32.9. Dorothy Smith and Wow are in fourth with 33.4, and Lumpy and Daphne Soares brings up fifth with 34.7.
In Division B, Chaney Detmer-Lillard leads with a 31.1 on California Dreamin'. Allison Fairchild is only two tenths of a point on her heels with a 31.1 on Olivia III. Stephanie Cauffman and Chequer are also close by in third with a 31.6, all top three riders within one point of each other. Veronica St. Maurice is in fourth with Lune Pilot at 33.7, and Amy Parlett on Quiet Achiever is in fifth with a 34.2.
Division C leader is Travis with Suzanne Lacey, with a 30.8, and Wade and Tay riddben by Kimberly Keeton is second with 31.1. Sarah Finkel and Exodus, a 20 year old horse actually competing for the second year in a row, is in third with 32.4. Karen Rubin and Southern Dancer are in fourth with 32.6, and Kelley Anderson on Buzz Lightyear II is in fifth with 34.0.
Competition continues tomorrow with Endurance Day, including roads and tracks, steeplechase, and cross country. 53 horses are scheduled to start, with off time at 9:30 a.m. As of 7:00 p.m., Thursday evening, the Endurance Day was a "go" for Friday morning. Technical Delegate Helmut Boehme felt the ground was soaking up the rain like a sponge and appeared firm enough for the jumping competition ahead.
(Please note I am in the throes of trying to get the Excel result sheet to transfer to a webpage so bear with me on the complete list of results. ALSO I am only summarizing what was sent to me by the scorer, Ann - her quote on Helmut is included above. As with all things regarding the weather and land, it's the organizer's call on the footing of course for safety reasons above all so what is good tonight may not be tomorrow morning - so they will take a look and let us know tomorrow am I am sure.)
When I left Thursday night the fields and pastures were fine, the only slick place was getting in and out of the Half Star stabling back at the Grove. Lots of trucks and trailer kinda chewed it a little!

pharmgirl
Oct. 26, 2007, 07:23 PM
FYI- Training divisions for the regular horse trials Saturday have been cancelled (the xc track just wouldn't be able to handle it after the T3D runs). They are trying to reschedule the Training ch division.

Intermediate will still run, but a little later in the day. Check the website for new times and additional info.

Dr. Doolittle
Oct. 26, 2007, 08:46 PM
Thanks so much for the update, pharmgirl! Unfortunately, after checking, I am unable to find any new info on the website! Agh! :(

I had just figured "bag it", since we are only getting *yet more rain* overnight, and I have a barefoot horse, so studs are not an option...

(Tack is not clean, horse is not clean, everyone has been told "I'm scratching"...)

So, if any updates are available, could you PLEASE let us know?? and thanks! :yes:

The course may be more rideable by Sunday, providing that the rain stops late AM tomorrow (and the ground actually has a chance to *absorb" it! :eek:)

Shaq
Oct. 26, 2007, 08:56 PM
Oct 26, 2007 4:01 PM

UPDATED WAREDACA EVENT SCHEDULE

Due to the last 48 hours of rain and anticipated 1-3 inches tonight.....

Regular training divisions are cancelled. We are still determining what will happen
to the
training championship. Intermediate will be scheduled for later in the day Saturday,
with
SJ to precede XC. Intermediate XC may need to be run Sunday a.m. in which case,
if
you are stabling, we may need to relocate you. We appreciate your flexibility. At
this time,
we expect Novice and Preliminary to run as scheduled on Sunday.

Dr. Doolittle
Oct. 26, 2007, 09:10 PM
Thanks so much, Shaq!

I haven't gotten an e-mail, so will be "watching this space" (as well as the website) for *any* updates!

Shaq
Oct. 26, 2007, 09:45 PM
Oct 26, 2007 9:40 PM

A further update to our previous one re the schedule change, as the rain continues
to
pour....we hope to reschedule the Area 2 Training Championships to next Saturday
afternoon, November 4; a final decision will be made on this and posted on Monday;
re
the regular Training divisions...we regret having to cancel but due to circumstances
beyond our control, running anything tomorrow/Saturday morning cannot happen. We
will however offer each of you a $50 discount toward any 2008 Waredaca entry; simply
print this email and include with your entry next year to receive the discount.

Sorry for any additional inconveniences and disappointments. Those entered in the Training
Championships, check the website Monday for further announcements.....the staff
at
Waredaca

Dr. Doolittle
Oct. 26, 2007, 11:18 PM
Shaq--thanks *so* much!

(Will be checking the website on Monday...:))

We very much appreciate any accomodations they are able to make; since weather conditions are (obviously) beyond anyone's control, it's just nice that they are doing their best to keep people safe, yet also try to come up with compromises...:)

asterix
Oct. 27, 2007, 12:12 AM
It is TOTAL slop out there right now so there was not much they could do about tomorrow morning.
Sorry everyone!!!
Still raining....:(

pharmgirl
Oct. 27, 2007, 08:55 AM
Changed this post altogether- it's barely raining at all here now! (I live only a few miles from Waredaca) Radar looks like that's it, folks. Especially if the sun comes out, I think our tuff turf will be ok for xc this afternoon.

Dr. Doolittle
Oct. 27, 2007, 09:46 AM
Good luck to everyone today and tomorrow (especially asterix ;)) Put those big studs in, and "ride carefully"!

pharmgirl
Oct. 27, 2007, 10:38 AM
Just got word that Int xc will not run today. Dressage and show jumping will still run today, but xc will run tomorrow beginning at 8am. I assume new xc times will go up shortly.

I think things will probably be great for tomorrow, as I already see the sun poking through the clouds! :)

Janet
Oct. 27, 2007, 06:57 PM
Footing is MUCH better today.

Dr. Doolittle
Oct. 29, 2007, 09:59 AM
Any updates as to whether the T Championships are being re-scheduled? I checked Waredaca's website a little while ago, and there was no new info...

mythical84
Oct. 29, 2007, 10:28 AM
I'm not sure about the rescheduleing of the TCH, but all the Sunday XC jump judges deserve a huge round of applause for showing up for a 6:45am briefing ... when it was still dark out! I hope every Intermediate rider said a thankyou as they galloped by!

Dr. Doolittle
Oct. 29, 2007, 10:29 AM
I'm not sure about the rescheduleing of the TCH, but all the Sunday XC jump judges deserve a huge round of applause for showing up for a 6:45am briefing ... when it was still dark out! I hope every Intermediate rider said a thankyou as they galloped by!

Holy cow! :eek:

Indeed, *major* props to those generous JJes!

Janet
Oct. 29, 2007, 10:30 AM
Any updates as to whether the T Championships are being re-scheduled? I checked Waredaca's website a little while ago, and there was no new info... Just rumors. Nothing official.

asterix
Oct. 29, 2007, 10:31 AM
Dr D, since you appear to be out of the email loop (and I am getting them although not on the T list...)
here's the latest: {I don't know whether this refers to regular T or Champs-T -- best to ask at events_at_ waredaca.com}

MONDAY OCT 29TH UPDATE: WE APOLOGIZE AGAIN FOR HAVING TO CANCEL
YOUR DIVISION; HOWEVER WE ARE WILLING TO OFFER THE COMPETITION THIS
SATURDAY AFTERNOON NOVEMBER 3RD IF ENOUGH PEOPLE ARE ABLE TO
ATTEND; PLEASE REPLY BY TUESDAY EVENING AT 9 PM AS TO WHETHER YOU
WOULD BE ABLE TO PARTICIPATE; A FINAL DECISION WILL BE POSTED ON THE
WEBSITE BY WEDNESDAY NOON; THANKS...GRETCHEN AND ROBERT

Dr. Doolittle
Oct. 29, 2007, 10:38 AM
Thanks, asterix! :)

bambam
Oct. 29, 2007, 12:00 PM
Dr D- I would call the secretary. Waredaca has been using emails to update schedules and plans and so you will be upt o date if you get on the distribution list.

polarbear
Oct. 29, 2007, 12:33 PM
I got the email asterix references too, though I rode Novice.
The subject line in my email says
"Waredaca Oct. 24-28, 2007 for all AREA 2 TRAINING CHAMPIONSHIP RIDERS ONLY"

sporthorselover
Oct. 29, 2007, 12:42 PM
are results posted anywhere?

Janet
Oct. 29, 2007, 02:16 PM
Results for Prelim and Novice are now up on the Waredaca web site.

AM
Oct. 29, 2007, 03:11 PM
Actually the email function is part of the horse trial database Waredaca is using. When I looked at it yesterday, I didn't see that you could email only one division. I think the email has to go to everyone who is still in the database with an email address. I'm guessing that if you scratched, didn't show up yesterday, or didn't submit a valid email address, you won't receive the emails.

pharmgirl
Oct. 29, 2007, 03:14 PM
polarbear- how'd stadium go? Was it as fun as xc? :)

They don't have NM nor N-C divisions up yet.

Dr. Doolittle
Oct. 29, 2007, 05:12 PM
Dr D- I would call the secretary. Waredaca has been using emails to update schedules and plans and so you will be upt o date if you get on the distribution list.

Done! :)

Dr. Doolittle
Oct. 29, 2007, 05:16 PM
Actually the email function is part of the horse trial database Waredaca is using. When I looked at it yesterday, I didn't see that you could email only one division. I think the email has to go to everyone who is still in the database with an email address. I'm guessing that if you scratched, didn't show up yesterday, or didn't submit a valid email address, you won't receive the emails.

That what it sounds like they did, though I know I provided them with a valid e-mail address; also, though I wasn't there this weekend, I didn't scratch (luckily), since they now *might* re-schedule out T Ch Division (when I talked to someone up there, they said they were going to wait until Wednesday to "compile the numbers" from people's e-mail responses, and put the final decision, yea or nay--on the website...I sumitted my "vote" for "yes, please--and thank you!" :))

doublete
Oct. 29, 2007, 06:51 PM
I wish I'd seen all of this before now... (I"ve been MIA from the forums for awhile, but am back). I live close to Waredaca, and board and work at a farm within a mile of it (we stabled several people there too). So I went and walked the course Sat night (the day all the rain stopped) and watched Intermediate and some Prelim on Sun morning. The course held up AMAZINGLY. It was gorgeous weather.

polarbear
Oct. 29, 2007, 10:06 PM
hey Pharm..
Stadium went well, I was happy with it, except for one less than stellar presentation (ummm, I was counting the blue crabs at the bottom of the "Finding Nemo" jump...) that cost me a rail..my fault, my pony was great!

I really liked the Novice Master division..what a really great idea..I felt like I was on a very level playing field..

Thanks for asking..I look forward to cheering you and the tiny app on soon!

pharmgirl
Oct. 30, 2007, 10:37 AM
Polarbear- glad to hear you had a good time! Yeah, that d@mn nemo jump! We do have some creative stadium equipment, don't we? ;) You guys definitely looked like you were having fun out there. I'm very glad it went well and hope to see you all out again soon!

Looks like some pics are up from Sunday on Palmer Photo's site:
http://tinyurl.com/yt7klr